FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Independence referendum

Independence referendum

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *wiftiee OP   Man  over a year ago

near Glasgow

So Alex Salmond has confirmed what most right-thinking folk already knew, he's totally untrustworthy!

"Once in a lifetime", now just a matter of time, in other words sooner rather than later.

Is stupidity a prerequisite for being a politician?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Stupidity and a complete lack of honesty is required before anyone can become a politician.

Salmond is just one of the more transparent ones where his lies are easy to see.

Same with Sturgeon, saying on BBC Question Time that SNP MPs would not vote on the Fox hunting bill as it was only an English Bill. Next we hear that they are going to vote on it. Totally untrustworthy the whole lot of them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My opinion has always been that anyone who thinks they are fit to be a politician should immediately be disqualified! Bunch of chanty wrasslers.

Don't think he said that at all. He outlined 3 key areas that may tip it in that direction. Then left it that it would be up to 'us' and Nicola Sturgeon to decide (if and) when.

Sturgeon didn't say either way whether or not they would vote on fox hunting prior to the vote. A vote in parliament. Something Labour seem a bit shy of.

Hopefully there will be another but not for a while yet. I don't want it to be the shallow victory that the No side had. It needs to be conclusive and a good 20% min lead.

All that said, it's all good mainstream press distraction from Syria, paedophiles in Westminster and labour wiggling out of a leaders campaign 'incase' a guy who they don't want to win actually wins. They certainly all jumped on it within seconds of him being asked the question by Marr.

B

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Sturgeon said she wouldn't organise a vote against fox hunting - an English only matter.

She lied.

Can't say I recall that. I'm happy to stand corrected and not overly give a flying fuck either to be honest. They voted against it and it worked; now they can look at the Scottish side of fox hunting.

England needs its own parliament or various assemblies to save this constant bickering over evel.

Do recall Ian Murray saying he voted last week though.

He lied.

near Glasgow

"All that said, it's all good.........distraction "

Exactly, but it's not good distraction.

There's various things which should be getting 100% attention; the health service, Police Scotland, etc etc.

A referendum should be very much on the back burner.

If the media ask the questions...

Can't tell me with all the shit that's hitting the fan this week in the news that they needed Salmond on there? There was no relevance at all.

Other than to have him say there 'might' be another ref, which to be fair, really isn't new news is it?

Queue mad hysteria from the msm and papers again.

Convenience? I don't think so.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Face it another referendum is inevitable margins were to tight for it not to be called for.with better proposals and the peoples questions answered has every possibility of winning with a decent majority also

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"My opinion has always been that anyone who thinks they are fit to be a politician should immediately be disqualified! Bunch of chanty wrasslers. "

I don't want to get into this referendum shit again coz its over, yes all politicians are wanks & liars but why do people hate on the snp so much? Whether or not they lied about some things or everything they were doing & saying what they thought was best for Scotland & us the people who live here. Where as David Cameron has done nothing but lie from the start, labour & all the other parties only want to benefit themselves, the rich, & England, so many promises were made to Scotland if we voted no & not one has been kept,

No politician is trust worthy but at least Alex Salmond & wee nicki want what's best for Scotland & its people, & if the referendum has proven anything its that David Cameron & Westminster have & will continue to walk all over Scotland & its people becuase they don't care about us, the only reason we're important to them is becuase of all the money in tax's they make from us.

Fair assessment

near Glasgow

"I don't want to get into this referendum shit again coz its over, yes all politicians are wanks & liars but why do people hate on the snp so much? Whether or not they lied about some things or everything they were doing & saying what they thought was best for Scotland & us the people who live here. Where as David Cameron has done nothing but lie from the start, labour & all the other parties only want to benefit themselves, the rich, & England, so many promises were made to Scotland if we voted no & not one has been kept,

No politician is trust worthy but at least Alex Salmond & wee nicki want what's best for Scotland & its people, & if the referendum has proven anything its that David Cameron & Westminster have & will continue to walk all over Scotland & its people becuase they don't care about us, the only reason we're important to them is becuase of all the money in tax's they make from us."

You talk about Westminster, and being independent from it, but I totally fail to understand how 100% allegiance to Brussels would be any better.

Corruption, misappropriation, and maladministration is endemic in the EU and is mind-boggling. The current classic example is Greece; it should never have been in the Euro in the first place because it simply failed to meet the minimum standards. But that wasn't a problem for the bureaucrats, they simply bent the rules!!

coatbridge

Sorry david cameron and his cronies piss over everyone not just scotland I dont buy into the ohhhh woe are we mentality. Some will find fault with anything snp related others anything to do with tories or labour. Like it or lump it we elected them. It was never up to wee eck to decide if only one vote or not thats for the people of scotland to decide

"I don't want to get into this referendum shit again coz its over, yes all politicians are wanks & liars but why do people hate on the snp so much? Whether or not they lied about some things or everything they were doing & saying what they thought was best for Scotland & us the people who live here. Where as David Cameron has done nothing but lie from the start, labour & all the other parties only want to benefit themselves, the rich, & England, so many promises were made to Scotland if we voted no & not one has been kept,

No politician is trust worthy but at least Alex Salmond & wee nicki want what's best for Scotland & its people, & if the referendum has proven anything its that David Cameron & Westminster have & will continue to walk all over Scotland & its people becuase they don't care about us, the only reason we're important to them is becuase of all the money in tax's they make from us.

You talk about Westminster, and being independent from it, but I totally fail to understand how 100% allegiance to Brussels would be any better.

Corruption, misappropriation, and maladministration is endemic in the EU and is mind-boggling. The current classic example is Greece; it should never have been in the Euro in the first place because it simply failed to meet the minimum standards. But that wasn't a problem for the bureaucrats, they simply bent the rules!! "

Poster never mentioned the EU there.

By *haostimeMan  over a year ago

north Glasgow

I can't believe there is a possibility we might go through all this referendum rubbish again.

Why can't it just be accepted that the chance was had, Scotland voted and the outcome was "stay part of the union" yet it's not being accepted by some, pisses me off.

As to not possibly voting yes or no I'm the Fox hunting debate! In all honesty, what is that really hoping to achieve.

In my eyes SNP are a JOKE and complete lying shits, haven saying that, that pretty much sums all politicians

Corruption, misappropriation, and maladministration is endemic in the EU and is mind-boggling. The current classic example is Greece; it should never have been in the Euro in the first place because it simply failed to meet the minimum standards. But that wasn't a problem for the bureaucrats, they simply bent the rules!!

Poster never mentioned the EU there. "

By *andom2chatMan  over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

No politician is trust worthy but at least Alex Salmond & wee nicki want what's best for Scotland & its people, & if the referendum has proven anything its that David Cameron & Westminster have & will continue to walk all over Scotland & its people becuase they don't care about us, the only reason we're important to them is becuase of all the money in tax's they make from us."

At the end of the day the SNP have an agenda it's in the name iwe voted them in to power with the most unbelievable mandate at the last election. If and when the polls say that independance is likely there will be a rerun it's not new news. Id rather give my vote to a party who have asked their members to give their payrise to charity rather than accept any more than other public sector workers.

A PEOPLE WHO ABDICATE THIER RIGHT TO SELF DETERMINATION ARE NO PEOPLE AT ALL

"So Alex Salmond has confirmed what most right-thinking folk already knew, he's totally untrustworthy!

"Once in a lifetime", now just a matter of time, in other words sooner rather than later.

Is stupidity a prerequisite for being a politician?"

You are simply wasting your time on this forum, you should be an MP running the country with all your wisdom

or is this just another bad mouthing thread to stir the sh*t

could do without threads like this one

"I can't believe there is a possibility we might go through all this referendum rubbish again.

Why can't it just be accepted that the chance was had, Scotland voted and the outcome was "stay part of the union" yet it's not being accepted by some, pisses me off.

As to not possibly voting yes or no I'm the Fox hunting debate! In all honesty, what is that really hoping to achieve.

In my eyes SNP are a JOKE and complete lying shits, haven saying that, that pretty much sums all politicians"

Why you hiding your profile, what do you have to hide and fear?

By *haostimeMan  over a year ago

north Glasgow

"

Why you hiding your profile, what do you have to hide and fear?"

Because, like the referendum

"its my choice"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyTUF5gP2KE&index=25&list=PL0A299BB1D4EE6CF1

we are stardust, we are golden

near Glasgow

"Could do without threads like this one"

So why are you reading it, and contributing to it?

The received wisdom is that if you don't like a thread in the forums, you simply move on to the next one. Simple!

Not sure what all the fuss is about-'once in a lifetime' does not mean 'never again' therefore, is it just stupidity to say it does?

And re the EU- leaving would be catastrophic for businesses in the UK. What do we do- use the Swiss model or suffer like the Scandanavian states do?

Surely what he said on Andrew Marr is irrelevant...he just wants to be the Head Honcho rather than be subservient to The First Minister, or even the SNP leader in Westminster.

Bumptious, ego maniac really that's all it amounts to. About as reliable as his legal advice that Scotland would not need to re-apply for membership of the EU.

"Could do without threads like this one

So why are you reading it, and contributing to it?

The received wisdom is that if you don't like a thread in the forums, you simply move on to the next one. Simple!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyTUF5gP2KE&index=25&list=PL0A299BB1D4EE6CF1

we are stardust, we are golden

Bring it on and hopefully our children and their childrens children will never have to live under a tory government in their lives.

" About as reliable as his legal advice that Scotland would not need to re-apply for membership of the EU."

Think you'll find that was a requote of advice given at the time by heads in the EU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jotsFVJPHIk&index=18&list=PL0A299BB1D4EE6CF1

Let's go to San Francisco

who fancies it, lovely city

Bottom line wouldnt need another referendum if half of scotland never bottled it the first time .

Freedom . Labour paid the price for backing the Torys up in the better together campaign now there wiped out.

All about money at the end of the day .

"Bottom line wouldnt need another referendum if half of scotland never bottled it the first time .

Freedom . Labour paid the price for backing the Torys up in the better together campaign now there wiped out.

."

that is very true

near Glasgow

" All about money at the end of the day ."

100% true! And that's how and where AS lost the referendum, people didn't believe him re money; depending on the price of oil, what/which currency etc etc.

near Glasgow

" And re the EU- leaving would be catastrophic for businesses in the UK. What do we do- use the Swiss model or suffer like the Scandanavian states do?"

Ehhh......and just how are the Scandinavian COUNTRIES suffering? I could be wrong but I was under the impression that the Scandinavians do pretty well. The great AS himself has many times held up Norway as an example of how equally successful an independent Scotland could be.

But interestingly, Norway isn't a full member of the EU, or whatever their precise relationship is, and they most definitely don't have the dreaded Euro as their currency.

coatbridge

"Bottom line wouldnt need another referendum if half of scotland never bottled it the first time .

All about money at the end of the day ."

bottled it ? As opposed to weighed up both arguments and decided that for that time it was the wrong move.sometimes its good to take off the saltire tinted glasses and visit planet earth. Not a nice comment but amounts to the same as bottled it

near Glasgow

".......if half of Scotland never bottled it the first time. "

Aahhh.......you're obviously one of those people who is ruled by their heart. You should be grateful that sufficient of your fellow Scots are ruled by their heads, and voted accordingly.

Furthermore, I take the use of the word "bottled" as an insult!

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Was the "probably once in a generation" off-the-cuff remark in any way a manifesto pledge? Don't think so. It was delivered by a resigning leader, not by anyone else within the SNP party.

Still, perhaps we shouldn't mention pledges - such talk will only embarrass the Scottish unionist politicians hanging on by their fingernails - all three of them! Mundell the token tory, Carmichael facing the wrath and legal action of his constituents and Murray who scraped in thanks to tory votes, in an anti-SNP coalition of the terminally endangered.

No, Salmond's remark was a very strange comment, to which I believe most YES voters will have reacted with the thought: "That'll be for us to decide"

Given the pace of events since the referendum was swung by some very panic-driven disingenuous and unfulfillable promises, can anyone seriously doubt that a second ref will occur within the next five years?

Every 1% increase on the rock-solid 45% closes the gap by two points. Every example of SNP success and every example of failure and disappointment emanating from the union, can only serve to close that gap.

Labour is virtually destroyed in Scotland. The tory is floundering through his last period of tenure - the 40% cuts will see to that. Likewise, bruiser Carmichael's tenure will be difficult, if he can last the course.

Taking an objective over_iew, and whatever side you are on - don't you think independence is now inevitable (and has been for quite some time)?

New referendum more likely if labour vote in a left wing leader people will see this a free ride at next election for Tory's therefore at least TEN more years of Tory rule

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

All about money at the end of the day ."

bottled I haven't been involved in the tit for tat before, or after. Nor will I now, I voted No and nothing has changed to convince me that my choice was wrong.

Time will tell and I am happy to watch the progress that Nicola and her party may deliver.

By *illi37Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

Could some "yes" voter explain to me any improvements that the Scottish parliament has brought to our lives... falling standards everywhere is all i can see in my part of the world...and no "It is all Westministers fault" cop outs i am fed up with the blowhards of the SNP....show us some action ffs

You will continue to see falling standards through out this parliament due to implementation. Of cuts at Westminster and how the Barnett formula works cuts there are replicated here that's why scots MPs have every right to vote on what on the surface looks like English only matters if it affects public monies in England it affects us

Glasgow

"You will continue to see falling standards through out this parliament due to implementation. Of cuts at Westminster and how the Barnett formula works cuts there are replicated here that's why scots MPs have every right to vote on what on the surface looks like English only matters if it affects public monies in England it affects us"

Like fox hunting?

Glasgow

"Could some "yes" voter explain to me any improvements that the Scottish parliament has brought to our lives... falling standards everywhere is all i can see in my part of the world...and no "It is all Westministers fault" cop outs i am fed up with the blowhards of the SNP....show us some action ffs "

Don't confuse the Parliament with the Government.

"You will continue to see falling standards through out this parliament due to implementation. Of cuts at Westminster and how the Barnett formula works cuts there are replicated here that's why scots MPs have every right to vote on what on the surface looks like English only matters if it affects public monies in England it affects us

Like fox hunting?"

fox hunting vote was to push Tory's into voting through anti Scottish ledgeslation to stop us voting on English matters and speed up another independance vote and to stir up anti Tory feelings it was also first chance to flex muscles and bring publicity to an English upper class sport for public school boys that is barbaric

Glasgow

"You will continue to see falling standards through out this parliament due to implementation. Of cuts at Westminster and how the Barnett formula works cuts there are replicated here that's why scots MPs have every right to vote on what on the surface looks like English only matters if it affects public monies in England it affects us

Like fox hunting?fox hunting vote was to push Tory's into voting through anti Scottish ledgeslation to stop us voting on English matters and speed up another independance vote and to stir up anti Tory feelings it was also first chance to flex muscles and bring publicity to an English upper class sport for public school boys that is barbaric"

Non of which has anything to do with money in Scotland.

Glasgow

None.

By *illi37Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

Yes more hoo haa from the nationalists.. i am afraid the SNP is a one trick pony, let me see them bring one policy to fruition that is of a real reforming nature..eg minimum wage, a NHS, paid holidays for workers, something that would convince me they are no more than blowhards, forget it we all know they are bullshitters...

" And re the EU- leaving would be catastrophic for businesses in the UK. What do we do- use the Swiss model or suffer like the Scandanavian states do?

Ehhh......and just how are the Scandinavian COUNTRIES suffering? I could be wrong but I was under the impression that the Scandinavians do pretty well. The great AS himself has many times held up Norway as an example of how equally successful an independent Scotland could be.

But interestingly, Norway isn't a full member of the EU, or whatever their precise relationship is, and they most definitely don't have the dreaded Euro as their currency."

Ahah....you really DON'T know what you are talking about re the EU.

Homework for tonight, my lad:

-what did Switzerland agree to in order to trade with the EU?

-what conditions/taxes do the Scandanavian countries agree to/pay before trading with the EU?

-the consequences for those countries

-how much exactly of our exports in a)Scotland and b) UK are to EU.

That's for starters lol.

Probably best to actually have a _iew taken from cross-opinion research rather than the bias of the Daily Mail or maybe the DT newspapers.

You still haven't explained where the 'stupidity and lies' lie with saying a 'referendum in next generation' and 'there will be another referendum, date to be still decided'. Seems an idiotic opinion to me, tbh.

The NHS is a difficult if not impossible beast to tame, ruled by a culture of dishonesty, work-shy professionals and questionable ethics. That's not to say the majority within the NHS are those things, just that, as a business, it is a monster that will never be satiated. No government will tame it.

Paid holidays for workers-do most contracts of full employment not cover that?

near Glasgow

"Yes more hoo haa from the nationalists.. i am afraid the SNP is a one trick pony, let me see them bring one policy to fruition that is of a real reforming nature..eg minimum wage, a NHS, paid holidays for workers, something that would convince me they are no more than blowhards, forget it we all know they are bullshitters... "

"

You should be grateful that sufficient of your fellow Scots are ruled by their heads, and voted accordingly.

"

I take it you were one of the 50% who bottled it, and never had the courage to vote YES

what can I say;

Disappointed, some never will have the bottle

By *ifes journeyCouple  over a year ago

scotland

So what happens if the next refurendum gives the same answer? Do they have one every year there after until they get the result they want? Not really a democracy is it?

Snp have won the Scottish elections, well done to them. Give them five years to see how they can change Scotland for the better and then if they win the next election go for a referendum.

"So what happens if the next refurendum gives the same answer? Do they have one every year there after until they get the result they want? Not really a democracy is it?

Snp have won the Scottish elections, well done to them. Give them five years to see how they can change Scotland for the better and then if they win the next election go for a referendum."

They WILL do better in 5 years; what Tories and Labour combined couldn't do in 100 years

At least they have Scotland's interests at heart and they will stand up for Scotland (they have the bottle) unlike many on here

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

It was 55%, just saying

"It was 55%, just saying "

not if you go by the full population of Scotland as not all voted

but yes if you want to go that way then 55% had no bottle, (some would say gutless)

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"It was 55%, just saying

but yes if you want to go that way then 55% had no bottle, (some would say gutless)"

Cheers

"It was 55%, just saying

but yes if you want to go that way then 55% had no bottle, (some would say gutless)

Cheers "

Glad you agree

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"It was 55%, just saying

Cheers

Glad you agree

"

always next time...

near Glasgow

"So what happens if the next refurendum gives the same answer? Do they have one every year there after until they get the result they want? Not really a democracy is it?

Snp have won the Scottish elections, well done to them. Give them five years to see how they can change Scotland for the better and then if they win the next election go for a referendum.

They WILL do better in 5 years; what Tories and Labour combined couldn't do in 100 years

At least they have Scotland's interests at heart and they will stand up for Scotland (they have the bottle) unlike many on here "

Glasgow

..............."

John Mason (SNP MSP) reckons there should be a Referendum day after day after day "till the people of Scotland get the answer right"

That's the kinda bat shit bampot the Nats elect.

near Glasgow

John Mason (SNP MSP) reckons there should be a Referendum day after day after day "till the people of Scotland get the answer right"

That's the kinda bat shit bampot the Nats elect. "

The situation with the SNP is very simple; it's a classic "give them enough rope........." situation. AS proved it and got caught, and it's just a matter of time to see whether NS has learned any lessons.

Glasgow

That's the kinda bat shit bampot the Nats elect.

The situation with the SNP is very simple; it's a classic "give them enough rope........." situation. AS proved it and got caught, and it's just a matter of time to see whether NS has learned any lessons."

Does anybody really think Eck doesn't still call the shots?

Glasgow

David Cameron says "fuck off".

The Prime Minister dismisses Nicola Sturgeon's claim that she will ultimately decide when another vote is staged and indicates this would be regarded as illegitimate.

David Cameron has rejected Nicola Sturgeon’s claim she is in charge of deciding when a second referendum will be staged by ruling out another vote in the current parliament.

The Prime Minister said last September’s vote, in which Scots voted by an 11-point margin to remain part of the United Kingdom was “decisive” and indicated any poll called by Ms Sturgeon would be regarded as illegitimate.

Speaking during a flight to the Indonesian capital of Jakarta, as the start of a five-day tour of South East Asia, he categorically rejected staging any rerun before the 2020 general election.

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

"

"

We got the answer right 1st time.

i find the referendum debate very frustrating as I don't understand why so many people want to destroy the country they live in. Who does that?

coatbridge

"

i find the referendum debate very frustrating as I don't understand why so many people want to destroy the country they live in. Who does that?

"

at no point did anyone say they want to destroy the country they live in more like whats best for the country

By *rebor601cplCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Don't think he said that at all. He outlined 3 key areas that may tip it in that direction. Then left it that it would be up to 'us' and Nicola Sturgeon to decide (if and) when.

Sturgeon didn't say either way whether or not they would vote on fox hunting prior to the vote. A vote in parliament. Something Labour seem a bit shy of.

Hopefully there will be another but not for a while yet. I don't want it to be the shallow victory that the No side had. It needs to be conclusive and a good 20% min lead.

All that said, it's all good mainstream press distraction from Syria, paedophiles in Westminster and labour wiggling out of a leaders campaign 'incase' a guy who they don't want to win actually wins. They certainly all jumped on it within seconds of him being asked the question by Marr.

B

"

By *inkyHnSCouple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

"David Cameron says "fuck off".

The Prime Minister dismisses Nicola Sturgeon's claim that she will ultimately decide when another vote is staged and indicates this would be regarded as illegitimate.

David Cameron has rejected Nicola Sturgeon’s claim she is in charge of deciding when a second referendum will be staged by ruling out another vote in the current parliament.

The Prime Minister said last September’s vote, in which Scots voted by an 11-point margin to remain part of the United Kingdom was “decisive” and indicated any poll called by Ms Sturgeon would be regarded as illegitimate.

Speaking during a flight to the Indonesian capital of Jakarta, as the start of a five-day tour of South East Asia, he categorically rejected staging any rerun before the 2020 general election."

Its not David Cameron or Nicola Sturgeon that gets to decide if there will be another referendum that will be upto the people of Scotland. Nicola has been very clear that SNP arent planning on another referendum and the people will decide if and when there will be on again. Also if there is a 2nd referendum in the SNP manifesto firstly SNP have to win the election to hold a mandate for a 2nd referendum and if they do that gives them there mandate. The polls already are showing the SNP could very well win next year. Then you have Mundell and Murray say on radio SNP need to be clear on if there will be another referendum i think they need to be clear on the amendments the will look at for the Scotland bill.

By *icklybitMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

It will be sturgeon that ultimately decides whether it goes in the manifesto or not. If the snp win an outright majority it is then up to the PM to allow it if it is to be legal.

Thats why we had the Edinburgh Agreement, both parties must agree a question, framework and timetable, if not the result would not be legitimate.

At last, the facts re arranging a referendum.

Too many of these posts are simply thoughts and wishes, and beliefs, I guess, of the individual, wrapped in the assumption of fact on those grounds, ie if I shout this loud enough and vehemently enough, it will be so. Doesn't work that way.

Speaking during a flight to the Indonesian capital of Jakarta, as the start of a five-day tour of South East Asia, he categorically rejected staging any rerun before the 2020 general election."

You will also be aware that David Cameron is a liar, if you are not aware, you need to wake up

oh, and to the other person on this thread with two profiles, I have replied to your mail (simples as you say)

coatbridge

"At last, the facts re arranging a referendum.

Too many of these posts are simply thoughts and wishes, and beliefs, I guess, of the individual, wrapped in the assumption of fact on those grounds, ie if I shout this loud enough and vehemently enough, it will be so. Doesn't work that way. "

Glasgow

Speaking during a flight to the Indonesian capital of Jakarta, as the start of a five-day tour of South East Asia, he categorically rejected staging any rerun before the 2020 general election.

You will also be aware that David Cameron is a liar, if you are not aware, you need to wake up

oh, and to the other person on this thread with two profiles, I have replied to your mail (simples as you say)

"

As last time, the decision to transfer the power to hold a Referendum sits in Westminster.

Ms Sturgeon can put it in her wish list but only Westminster can grant her wish.

You think they could handle the uproar and chaos if they didn't!!

Glasgow

"You think they could handle the uproar and chaos if they didn't!!"

They're Tories.

coatbridge

And the snp seats can use their sway to expedite this .......if that is what they feel at no point yet has the snp said they want to do this now. Infact if anything the party has said they wish to consolodate and listen to the voice of scotland to guide the path they take

"You think they could handle the uproar and chaos if they didn't!!

They're Tories."

Yes true. liars & cheats

but no match for the people of Scotland should another referendum be called and turned down

the chaos would be hell on earth

you know as well as I do that the times are a changing for the better of Scotland

you are also aware that Scotland has walked away from Tory, Labour & Lib Dem lies, you see it now and you will also see it 5th May 2016

near Glasgow

" Oh, and to the other person on this thread with two profiles, I have replied to your mail (simples as you say) "

I don't know who that's aimed at, but plenty folk have 2 profiles here, a single and a couples, so I'm not sure what smart point you're trying to make.

As is often said in the forums, people should concentrate on their own business, and leave others to do the same.

Glasgow

"You think they could handle the uproar and chaos if they didn't!!

They're Tories.

Yes true. liars & cheats

but no match for the people of Scotland should another referendum be called and turned down

the chaos would be hell on earth

you know as well as I do that the times are a changing for the better of Scotland

you are also aware that Scotland has walked away from Tory, Labour & Lib Dem lies, you see it now and you will also see it 5th May 2016"

What do you expect the 'people of Scotland' to do? March on London, get as far as Derby, shit themselves and run away home?

What I would like to know is why SNP supporters are so keen to be ruled by Germany and a bunch of unelected people in Brussels?

Good to see us Scots are still passionate about scotlands future. Real divide in this country.

Glasgow

"What I would like to know is why SNP supporters are so keen to be ruled by Germany and a bunch of unelected people in Brussels? "

Many Nats have never forgotten Arthur Donaldson.

Or what happened to him once he became a supporter of independence -harried, bullied and ultimately, wrongly persecuted by the English establishment. Not a lot changes.

By *cotsteveMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"So Alex Salmond has confirmed what most right-thinking folk already knew, he's totally untrustworthy!

Is stupidity a prerequisite for being a politician?"

Once in a lifetime. Does that mean we can kill him now?

"What I would like to know is why SNP supporters are so keen to be ruled by Germany and a bunch of unelected people in Brussels? "

Because of what happens when a state cannot trade within the EU as a member. Also, certain policies benefit Scotland directly, even more once rUK is removed from having taken a disproportionate share eg Fisheries Policy.

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

The SNP are nationalists its in their name ..they will ALWAYS believe in an independent Scotland..it will ALWAYS be in their manifesto....now it is up to the electorate in scotland to decide in 2016 what route we take...give SNP another overwhelming landslide victory in the scottish elections and you give them the mandate to hold another referendum within the next 5yr sitting of the scottish parliament... dont give them it and they cant its quite simple really ..the people of Scotland will decide next year NOT the SNP

Having only recently joined the forums, I have to say some of the posts are a psychologist's dream- and not of the sexual nature lol.

Just a few words can reveal so much of the character, good and bad. Threads like this are so devisive I question their point on a swinging site, other than to cause strife. Rarely is anything said factual, unbiased or helpful so what is the point?

'Just because one can, doesn't mean one should' is a good maxim to live by, I find.

Glasgow

".........give SNP another overwhelming landslide victory in the scottish elections and you give them the mandate to hold another referendum within the next 5yr sitting of the scottish parliament... dont give them it and they cant its quite simple really ..the people of Scotland will decide next year NOT the SNP "

No. You can give the Nats a mandate to ASK to hold another Referendum. The devolved settlement means they can't force it.

The Council of Elrond

".........give SNP another overwhelming landslide victory in the scottish elections and you give them the mandate to hold another referendum within the next 5yr sitting of the scottish parliament... dont give them it and they cant its quite simple really ..the people of Scotland will decide next year NOT the SNP

No. You can give the Nats a mandate to ASK to hold another Referendum. The devolved settlement means they can't force it."

Ah but there is another way it could happen as there is countries that have done it and that way would be UDI.

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

They have spoken of UDI in the past but that would only mean that Scotland would be an illegal country reconized by no one.

Where would Wee Nippy borrow billions of whatever currency they set up to fund the black hole that just got bigger when Westminster turns off the money taps?

More idiotic nonsense which is a smoke screen to cover up their failings in running the Scottish Parliament.

Ayrshire

Declaring UDI would be an absolute disaster for our economy, this option would, for some be one step too far.

I shudder to think of the consequences at a civil level considering the sectarian elements in our society.

The Council of Elrond

"They have spoken of UDI in the past but that would only mean that Scotland would be an illegal country reconized by no one.

Where would Wee Nippy borrow billions of whatever currency they set up to fund the black hole that just got bigger when Westminster turns off the money taps?

More idiotic nonsense which is a smoke screen to cover up their failings in running the Scottish Parliament."

So would you be saying that USA is an illegal country and would not be reconized by no one?

"What I would like to know is why SNP supporters are so keen to be ruled by Germany and a bunch of unelected people in Brussels?

Many Nats have never forgotten Arthur Donaldson."

Yay there it is!! his wee Nazi steam kettle was about boiling over.

Glasgow

".........give SNP another overwhelming landslide victory in the scottish elections and you give them the mandate to hold another referendum within the next 5yr sitting of the scottish parliament... dont give them it and they cant its quite simple really ..the people of Scotland will decide next year NOT the SNP

No. You can give the Nats a mandate to ASK to hold another Referendum. The devolved settlement means they can't force it.

Ah but there is another way it could happen as there is countries that have done it and that way would be UDI. "

Look how well that turned out for Rhodesia.

The Council of Elrond

Ah but there is another way it could happen as there is countries that have done it and that way would be UDI.

Look how well that turned out for Rhodesia."

Im not saying UDI is the way to go all im saying is its an option. If there is a referendum in the SNP manifesto and they win the election that gives them their mandate for to have a 2nd referendum which i do think is the fair way of doing it but then if Cameron says no to having another one then he is pretty much going against what the Scottish people voted for. Labour and the Tories at this very moment in Scotland have no mandate Home Rule was promised to the people of Scotland and SNP are holding the union parties to there word. I might not agree with UDI but i know it could happen as there is plenty of countries that have went down that route before.

near Glasgow

Something I've asked several times in these forum threads, but never received an answer from the supposedly avid SNP supporters!

It would appear that just like AS, they have no answers to the important questions!

near Glasgow

"They have spoken of UDI in the past but that would only mean that Scotland would be an illegal country reconized by no one.

More idiotic nonsense which is a smoke screen to cover up their failings in running the Scottish Parliament."

Glasgow

"

.........I might not agree with UDI but i know it could happen as there is plenty of countries that have went down that route before. "

Can we have a list of the countries which have successfully gone down the route of UDI?

One side of a postage stamp will suffice.

By *andom2chatMan  over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

Pops head in

*Nope, no Independence or Referendum here*

Aaaaaand... "We're walking, we're walking"

Bring on another referendum. Asap please.

Once again the SNP will lose and then the issue will be dead and buried thank God.

"What I would like to know is why SNP supporters are so keen to be ruled by Germany and a bunch of unelected people in Brussels?

Something I've asked several times in these forum threads, but never received an answer from the supposedly avid SNP supporters!

It would appear that just like AS, they have no answers to the important questions! "

Eh, can you not read?

I really want a job in the House of Lords.....they do so well out of it don't you think

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

I think some people look at the fact that almost 56 out of 59 MP's in Scotland are members of the SNP and see that as being overwhelming support for independence etc but despite having over 90% of MP's they 'only' got 50% of the votes. I think the result of another referendum would be the same as last time or possibly even slightly more in favour of a 'No' now that the genie is out of the bottle with regards to oil income.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I think some people look at the fact that almost 56 out of 59 MP's in Scotland are members of the SNP and see that as being overwhelming support for independence etc but despite having over 90% of MP's they 'only' got 50% of the votes. I think the result of another referendum would be the same as last time or possibly even slightly more in favour of a 'No' now that the genie is out of the bottle with regards to oil income."

100%

there mostly a bunch of 2 faced lying shit bags ,we had a vote and both sides lied through their teeth before during and after the vote.its not going to happen in my lifetime ,the extremes on both sides showed the dark and ugly side of prejudice ,and down right racism .

live and let live and give the kids a future thats fair and equal.

enough ranting from me

The Council of Elrond

"

.........I might not agree with UDI but i know it could happen as there is plenty of countries that have went down that route before.

Can we have a list of the countries which have successfully gone down the route of UDI?

One side of a postage stamp will suffice."

Off the top of my head....

USA.

Republic Ireland

Croatia

Slovenia

near Glasgow

"I think some people look at the fact that almost 56 out of 59 MP's in Scotland are members of the SNP and see that as being overwhelming support for independence etc but despite having over 90% of MP's they 'only' got 50% of the votes. I think the result of another referendum would be the same as last time or possibly even slightly more in favour of a 'No' now that the genie is out of the bottle with regards to oil income."

Ayrshire

Some nice peaceful transitions there.

near Glasgow

The SNP continually bang on about the supposedly huge number of new members who joined after the referendum. And seem to think that this will mean an equally huge increase in their vote.

Just shows how stupidly deluded they are if they really believe this. Their new members will be people who've already voted for them, so simple mathematics mean........no additional votes!

You couldn't make it up!!

Totally agree

Glasgow

"

.........I might not agree with UDI but i know it could happen as there is plenty of countries that have went down that route before.

USA.

Republic Ireland

Croatia

Slovenia"

Funnily enough, Wiki picked pretty much the same ones. No doubt off the top of its head too.

Glasgow

"The SNP continually bang on about the supposedly huge number of new members who joined after the referendum. And seem to think that this will mean an equally huge increase in their vote.

Just shows how stupidly deluded they are if they really believe this. Their new members will be people who've already voted for them, so simple mathematics mean........no additional votes!

You couldn't make it up!! "

Yet they do - and expect people to believe them.

The Council of Elrond

USA.

Republic Ireland

Croatia

Slovenia

Funnily enough, Wiki picked pretty much the same ones. No doubt off the top of its head too.[/quote

Well they are pretty easy to know two showed its declaration from the UK and the other two there declaration from Yugoslavia its not that hard. Im sure there is more but off the top of my head there the ones i do know.

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

"

at no point did anyone say they want to destroy the country they live in more like whats best for the country "

by definition breaking up the UK is destroying the country we live in..

Glasgow

"

USA.

Republic Ireland

Croatia

Slovenia

Funnily enough, Wiki picked pretty much the same ones. No doubt off the top of its head too.[/quote

Well they are pretty easy to know two showed its declaration from the UK and the other two there declaration from Yugoslavia its not that hard. Im sure there is more but off the top of my head there the ones i do know."

Did any succeed without going to war, or will that be in Nicola's manifesto too?

"The SNP continually bang on about the supposedly huge number of new members who joined after the referendum. And seem to think that this will mean an equally huge increase in their vote.

You couldn't make it up!!

Yet they do - and expect people to believe them."

Fact is, nobody knows how the new members voted in the referendum. Could equally well be disillusioned from other parties or previously unaffiliated.

Just because two people on a forum say a, doesn't make it so

Ayrshire

The partition of Ireland was the result of an act of parliament, the North remained British and the south was left to go on its own as per the Anglo-Irish treaty in the early twenties, not really like UDI at all as both parties agreed to it.

Although David Cameron may have an input (as prime minister, Westmister government) he does not have the overall say on the matter and the 2020 mumbo jumbo above is simply put; nonsense.

If there is a disagreement on this between the Scottish Parliament - speaking on behalf of the Scottish people, and Westminster

then "the courts" will decide

I know that, SNP know that, David Mundell knows that, as does Cameron, im sure you know that too.

Glasgow

Although David Cameron may have an input (as prime minister, Westmister government) he does not have the overall say on the matter and the 2020 mumbo jumbo above is simply put; nonsense.

If there is a disagreement on this between the Scottish Parliament - speaking on behalf of the Scottish people, and Westminster

then "the courts" will decide

I know that, SNP know that, David Mundell knows that, as does Cameron, im sure you know that too. "

Since you're such an authoritative source, which court will decide?

BTW. Cameron will be gone by 2020.

By *ising SunMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I think David Cameron said that he would not stand for another parliament as leader before the last election, so no shocking revelation there.

What happened to 'We will abide by the decision of the Scottish people.' A clear 10% against independence is the 'will' of the Scottish people....Get over it and move on.

The only people making something of this are the SNP/Yes campaign that can't accept it, and are still crying in their beer. I for one never want to witness such behaviour as I witnessed during the Referendum. The vile hate mobs that stalked Leaders of parties, and English MP's when they came up to Scotland to give the argument to say No. Jim Murphy physically attacked while speaking for the No campaign. I didn't see anyone attacking Alex Salmond in the same manner. Maybe he just stuck to his comfort zone in areas with hundreds of nationalists surrounding him for the cameras?

Instead of unity, all I saw was the biggest division I've ever seen in this country. Friends suddenly became enemies. You were a 'Traitor' to Scotland if you were voting No.

This new wave of publicity about a referendum is just the same old tripe being put out there in the hope the Government will give in and just say 'OK, we'll give you another vote.' Ain't gonna happen. The Tories have a clear majority

Has anyone ever noticed this smear campaign against all the other political parties and Westminster on social media in the last couple of years? But if someone puts something negative about the SNP/Yes side of things, it's lies, it's desperate, It's been misinterpreted. As i recall Angus Robertson was caught up in the expenses scandal too, and he was one of the most vocal about everyone else!

As for giving the pay rise to charity. Great, I'm all for good deeds, makes the world a better place. So long as it is charity. Did you know Alex Salmond also gives some of his many Wages/ Pensions to a charity. It's in the name of a foundation named after his mother, and only applies until he 'eventually' and actually retires, then he keeps all that money for himself. Not bad for a man that had to stay on an extra year at University to be able to graduate with a 2.2 in economics.

Yes Davis Cameron won't be there in 2020, but nor do I suspect will be the same number of SNP MP's. Even the 'Honorable Bigot' for Paisley has stated that she doesn't see her long term future in politics.

The moral of my post. It's an old one. Before you take the splinter out of someones eye, take the log out of your own. The SNP have been in charge in Scotland for over 8 years. In that time, the NHS, Education, Social services, Policing, Fire services, Ambulance Services have all been cut, and they are in charge of the budget, and Anti Austerity. A promise to take the railways and other privatized services back into public ownership has been broken It seems they are no better at Government than the rest. However, their big money party contributors have all flourished, so I suppose that's something they've done well.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I think David Cameron said that he would not stand for another parliament as leader before the last election, so no shocking revelation there.

What happened to 'We will abide by the decision of the Scottish people.' A clear 10% against independence is the 'will' of the Scottish people....Get over it and move on.

The only people making something of this are the SNP/Yes campaign that can't accept it, and are still crying in their beer. I for one never want to witness such behaviour as I witnessed during the Referendum. The vile hate mobs that stalked Leaders of parties, and English MP's when they came up to Scotland to give the argument to say No. Jim Murphy physically attacked while speaking for the No campaign. I didn't see anyone attacking Alex Salmond in the same manner. Maybe he just stuck to his comfort zone in areas with hundreds of nationalists surrounding him for the cameras?

Instead of unity, all I saw was the biggest division I've ever seen in this country. Friends suddenly became enemies. You were a 'Traitor' to Scotland if you were voting No.

This new wave of publicity about a referendum is just the same old tripe being put out there in the hope the Government will give in and just say 'OK, we'll give you another vote.' Ain't gonna happen. The Tories have a clear majority

Has anyone ever noticed this smear campaign against all the other political parties and Westminster on social media in the last couple of years? But if someone puts something negative about the SNP/Yes side of things, it's lies, it's desperate, It's been misinterpreted. As i recall Angus Robertson was caught up in the expenses scandal too, and he was one of the most vocal about everyone else!

As for giving the pay rise to charity. Great, I'm all for good deeds, makes the world a better place. So long as it is charity. Did you know Alex Salmond also gives some of his many Wages/ Pensions to a charity. It's in the name of a foundation named after his mother, and only applies until he 'eventually' and actually retires, then he keeps all that money for himself. Not bad for a man that had to stay on an extra year at University to be able to graduate with a 2.2 in economics.

Yes Davis Cameron won't be there in 2020, but nor do I suspect will be the same number of SNP MP's. Even the 'Honorable Bigot' for Paisley has stated that she doesn't see her long term future in politics.

The moral of my post. It's an old one. Before you take the splinter out of someones eye, take the log out of your own. The SNP have been in charge in Scotland for over 8 years. In that time, the NHS, Education, Social services, Policing, Fire services, Ambulance Services have all been cut, and they are in charge of the budget, and Anti Austerity. A promise to take the railways and other privatized services back into public ownership has been broken It seems they are no better at Government than the rest. However, their big money party contributors have all flourished, so I suppose that's something they've done well."

a very good post

near Glasgow

"I think David Cameron said that he would not stand for another parliament as leader before the last election, so no shocking revelation there.

The moral of my post. It's an old one. Before you take the splinter out of someones eye, take the log out of your own. The SNP have been in charge in Scotland for over 8 years. In that time, the NHS, Education, Social services, Policing, Fire services, Ambulance Services have all been cut, and they are in charge of the budget, and Anti Austerity. A promise to take the railways and other privatized services back into public ownership has been broken It seems they are no better at Government than the rest. However, their big money party contributors have all flourished, so I suppose that's something they've done well."

There are a few things I'd take issue with:

The feelings of the pro-independence campaigners are fueled by belief that the other side used lies, misinformation, downright cheating and idle promises to influence the vote. Those tactics have very much backfired on the No campaign as they sullied the whole process, from the illegal vote counting of postal votes, to a last minute promise that they don't see being fulfilled to proposals that will reduce even further the amount allowed to Scotland from its percentage of money sent south. THAT is the reason that the nationalists will not retreat and it should be recognised.

Yes campaigners were attacked, both verbally and physically a great deal more than any No voters- an abiding memory is the old lady sitting quietly with Yes stickers, being spat and sworn at, the burning of a pro-Yes newspaper office for a start.

I did see a lot of comment on social media but it was actual footage showing the points I've raised above. It's been a feature of this that the 'No' side vilified the 'Yes' side, the bias of the BBC and the Daily Express, Daily Mail and Daily telegraph to name a few- one march in Glasgow had 20,000 people at it but the BBC showed 6? Not forgetting the memorable political commentator who has profusely apologised since for editing a piece for the news re Salmond.

In short, posts like this are stupid. They fuel emnity, they almost always are started by people with very poor understanding and knowledge of the real situation, are full of bigotry and bile and they add absolutely NOTHING to restoring harmony in Scotland.

I voted Yes but not sure how I would vote second time. Hope there isn't another one, fed up of it! We said no!!

By *ising SunMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"There are a few things I'd take issue with:

The feelings of the pro-independence campaigners are fueled by belief that the other side used lies, misinformation, downright cheating and idle promises to influence the vote. Those tactics have very much backfired on the No campaign as they sullied the whole process, from the illegal vote counting of postal votes, to a last minute promise that they don't see being fulfilled to proposals that will reduce even further the amount allowed to Scotland from its percentage of money sent south. THAT is the reason that the nationalists will not retreat and it should be recognised.

Yes campaigners were attacked, both verbally and physically a great deal more than any No voters- an abiding memory is the old lady sitting quietly with Yes stickers, being spat and sworn at, the burning of a pro-Yes newspaper office for a start.

I did see a lot of comment on social media but it was actual footage showing the points I've raised above. It's been a feature of this that the 'No' side vilified the 'Yes' side, the bias of the BBC and the Daily Express, Daily Mail and Daily telegraph to name a few- one march in Glasgow had 20,000 people at it but the BBC showed 6? Not forgetting the memorable political commentator who has profusely apologised since for editing a piece for the news re Salmond.

In short, posts like this are stupid. They fuel emnity, they almost always are started by people with very poor understanding and knowledge of the real situation, are full of bigotry and bile and they add absolutely NOTHING to restoring harmony in Scotland. "

Only one candidate was caught fueling bigotry, and it was an SNP candidate. Take issue as much as you like, but I'm not telling any lies. As for the BBC and Bias. Is this the same BBC that gave both Salmond and Sturgeon special Biographical documentaries after the Referendum? The same BBC that made Sturgeon Woman's Hour Person of the Year? Like I stated, when the SNP/Yes Campaign read something they don't like, It's lies, It's desperate, or It's misinterpreted.... and their always the victim... The World has seen where the fever of nationalism can take countries. I think it was Einstein that said something to the effect of; 'Nationalism has done nothing for the progress of any country.' Referendum is over. It was a decisive No. If you want to talk about lies and misinformation, remember when Salmond blamed Westminster for the state of the Scottish Health Service, even though his Government had been responsible for it's budget since 2007!! Did he apologise for misleading the Scottish people? Nope! Just came out with a another excuse for blaming Westminster.

Glasgow

Nothing changes. The loser always cries 'we wuz robbed'.

I can't have made myself clear- the conditions around the actual referendum was what I was referring to- the postal vote cheating, the bias of the BBC, the misrepresentation of Yes voters in the press, the last minute posturing by unionist politicians and so on. Then the vilifying of anybody who voted Yes all changed the political landscape. Many felt they had been cheated by less than kosha tactics- which cannot be denied- and this fuels the large swell of nationalism.

BBC bias is not to be denied around the referendum. Whatever they did afterwards to remedy it seems to have been more of an exercise in back-peddling.

It is in fact, untrue to say SNP have been in control of the budget since 2007. They have been in coalition for half of that time.

I think the biggest bigot title was won hands down by unionists.

near Glasgow

" In short, posts like this are stupid. They fuel emnity, they almost always are started by people with very poor understanding and knowledge of the real situation, are full of bigotry and bile and they add absolutely NOTHING to restoring harmony in Scotland. "

Excuse me, just who do you think you are? As the OP of this thread, you don't have a clue about me, who I am, what I think, what I believe.

But just for your information, I'm neither a bigot, nor am I "full of bile".

I would suggest that in future, you treat people with some respect, and maybe have a wee think before you post such outrageous rubbish.

Glasgow

Salmond's attempt to form a coalition was scuppered by the Lib Dems who told him, in no uncertain terms, to **** off.

The rest of your post is nonsense too.

You lost the Referendum. Accept it.