FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Location, location, location!

Location, location, location!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I've been on for a couple of weeks and there seems to be a distinct lack of women even inside the 30-mile range. Been checking the "who's online" when I'm out and about and it seems there's only guys and the occasional couple appearing, with a woman being a rare find.

What's the female view on meets with people from further away? Does it happen or does the availability of matches nearby for women seeking men mean they generally don't bother with the more complicated logistics?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Distance is no object for the right person. However life would be far easier if he was just down the road!!

Don't have time for distance. Dundee isn't the best location. Probs not the worse either.

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

Dundee isn't as busy as Glasgow or Edinburgh, but that purely comes down to the size of the city. There are some lovely single ladies here, we've met a few

I'm in that awkward position of being exactly an hour from both Aberdeen and Dundee. I wonder if there's also less people on locally to me due to the small town thing and people potentially knowing each other etc.

Not everybody puts their real location maybe ?

I am definitely in Upper Patagonia though

st andrews

"I'm in that awkward position of being exactly an hour from both Aberdeen and Dundee. I wonder if there's also less people on locally to me due to the small town thing and people potentially knowing each other etc. "

You're closer to Aberdeen than Dundee, and only 45 mins from Dundee. I have a few fab friends in Montrose, I see a couple regularly at the club in Aberdeen. Montrose is small so I can understand why people prefer to travel.

I'm happy to travel up to an hour away but C can rarely come, so we prefer to meet in Dundee unless we're going to the club.

It's worth keeping an eye out for socials in both Aberdeen and Dundee, always a good way to get to know people.

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

If someone was spectacular, great conversation and we got on, I'd consider further away, but generally, I have limited meet time, and do not want to spend the majority of it travelling to meets.

I also find the pressure from fellas from further away is that they do not want a first social - they want to get straight to play as a "reward" for travelling.

"If someone was spectacular, great conversation and we got on, I'd consider further away, but generally, I have limited meet time, and do not want to spend the majority of it travelling to meets.

I also find the pressure from fellas from further away is that they do not want a first social - they want to get straight to play as a "reward" for travelling."

I'd definitely be wanting a social first. I still find he idea of appearing for sex without speaking to be alien to me.

"I'm in that awkward position of being exactly an hour from both Aberdeen and Dundee. I wonder if there's also less people on locally to me due to the small town thing and people potentially knowing each other etc.

You're closer to Aberdeen than Dundee, and only 45 mins from Dundee. I have a few fab friends in Montrose, I see a couple regularly at the club in Aberdeen. Montrose is small so I can understand why people prefer to travel.

I'm happy to travel up to an hour away but C can rarely come, so we prefer to meet in Dundee unless we're going to the club.

It's worth keeping an eye out for socials in both Aberdeen and Dundee, always a good way to get to know people. "

To be fair I can get to this end of Dundee or Aberdeen in about 45 minutes but if you include in-town travel time etc it's generally about an hour as a rough estimate. It doesn't have the convenience of being just round the corner is what I was going for.

Socials are a good shout though, I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled for those. Great way to break the ice and meet new people etc.

st andrews

I think you're in a tough location. It's a small town and some people don't like to play on their own doorstep. At least it's not far from Arbroath or Brechin, there are people there.

Dundee has the community but no one was organising anything, other than K's occasional Saturday lunches. So I grabbed the bull by the horns and started organising drinks nights. They seem to be popular and I'll be hosting a Xmas one too

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I like the junkyard in Montrose.

» Add a new message to this topic