FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Guys getting a bad rap

Guys getting a bad rap

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andA OP   Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

We advertised for a single guy the other night, for the first time ever, and got a fair number of replies (more than we expected).

Anyway, we took the time to reply to them all, most we just used a copy and paste reply we'd types up but for a couple of others who had sent a reasonably long message we typed up an individual reply. We've since had over 2 dozen replies thanking us for taking the time to reply to them and not a single nasty post.

Just thought it would be nice to put that out there as it seems to be more common to see single guys getting it in the neck (sometimes even for daring to look at a profile lol)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *MD47Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"We advertised for a single guy the other night, for the first time ever, and got a fair number of replies (more than we expected).

Anyway, we took the time to reply to them all, most we just used a copy and paste reply we'd types up but for a couple of others who had sent a reasonably long message we typed up an individual reply. We've since had over 2 dozen replies thanking us for taking the time to reply to them and not a single nasty post.

Just thought it would be nice to put that out there as it seems to be more common to see single guys getting it in the neck (sometimes even for daring to look at a profile lol)"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Must say we get a fair share of mail from single guys and do try to reply to all. We have never had a nasty mail a few weird ones but never a nasty one

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Single guys do get a hard time on here but in all my time here I could count on one hanb how many nasty emails I've had from them so in my opinion that does say a lot

Never had a negative or rude response to any guy we have replied to. And we do reply to 99% of messages.

By *heekyweebissimWoman  over a year ago

fife,

That is very reassuring to hear after a few recent messages on here. Not all single males are brainless knobs but the few that are make it difficult for the others

"That is very reassuring to hear after a few recent messages on here. Not all single males are brainless knobs but the few that are make it difficult for the others "

I think the few that are make it easier for the good guys to stand out

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

By *ortland51Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"We advertised for a single guy the other night, for the first time ever, and got a fair number of replies (more than we expected).

Just thought it would be nice to put that out there as it seems to be more common to see single guys getting it in the neck (sometimes even for daring to look at a profile lol)"

Good post, and worthy of mention. Fair play to you guys for taking the trouble to post a positive thread about single guys.

There are indeed some lovely people here, male AND female and they are much more worthy of a mention than the disrespectful, rude ones who only let themselves down.

"That is very reassuring to hear after a few recent messages on here. Not all single males are brainless knobs but the few that are make it difficult for the others

"

A couple of lasses I've been chatting to that get abusive/rude messages(not from me )agree with this.

I ain't no Dostoyevsky but can string a sentence together.....n take a kb with dignity!lol

The single guys that have mailed us and we have spoken to at socials have all for the most part been lovely.

By *lawless doveWoman  over a year ago

bothwell

On the whole guys have been really nice when i say no thanks. There have been a few however have been really nasty but thats where the block button come in handy

By *e_frenchMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

I remember messaging you. I had a courteous answer which was very appreciated.

All the best to find the right man for you

x

By *iceguy 1966Man  over a year ago

in pa postcode

Well said there.

I actually take it as a compliment when i get a reply to a well worded constructed message.

Even if the reply is a no thanks.

You are a breath of fresh air with this post x

More thanks for taking the time to post about your positive attitude towards this. It's really nice to know that the respect we surely all want can be a healthy two-way thing, without prior prejudices

Speaking as a single male of 50 when i send a msg to a cpl always be polite and with a bit of luck you may be lucky to meet ...even for a coffee

Great thread btw

Willie

By *heekyweebissimWoman  over a year ago

fife,

"That is very reassuring to hear after a few recent messages on here. Not all single males are brainless knobs but the few that are make it difficult for the others

"

That's putting a very positive spin on it, well done

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

It is no coincidence that you did not get negative replies as you portray positivity. The ranty, ranty people will attract negativity and they never seem to connect the 2.

There is a relationship between how you conduct yourself and how others interact with you. There will be the exception but on the whole, I stand by that.

well said but to be fair some of us single guys are chunts

Just thought it would be nice to put that out there as it seems to be more common to see single guys getting it in the neck (sometimes even for daring to look at a profile lol)

It is no coincidence that you did not get negative replies as you portray positivity. The ranty, ranty people will attract negativity and they never seem to connect the 2.

There is a relationship between how you conduct yourself and how others interact with you. There will be the exception but on the whole, I stand by that.

"

spot on _iew

By *ab femWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

In a way I find threads about how single guys can be nice quite condescending to them.

Of course single guys can be nice. Just the same way single women and couples can be nice too.

Yes there is the odd arse but that's the same with couples and fems.

We're all grown up and by our age should know you get good people and not so nice people in the world whether it's a man or a woman

Read This Post and wow, its great to see so many Girls/Couples being nice about Guys.

(There are timewasters,assholes and egits on here but it's something we all have to deal with.)

But reading this post, It gives me confidence to finally pluck up the courage to message people, just to say Hiya

"Read This Post and wow, its great to see so many Girls/Couples being nice about Guys.

(There are timewasters,assholes and egits on here but it's something we all have to deal with.)

But reading this post, It gives me confidence to finally pluck up the courage to message people, just to say Hiya

"

we're waiting lol

I guess it's good to get some positive feedback on the whole. I may start messaging again. A few of the replies I got early on we're a bit negative but hey seem to have been from people who are no longer on the site and were new themselves. Perhaps these are the ones to avoid as they don't hang about or take part in the forums etc so they have no skin in the game, so-to-speak.

By *utdooryoneMan  over a year ago

Over there

I too have only ever had polite replies and positive interactions.

I have had a fair few non-replies, but I assume that there are a fair few blokes messaging on here...

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Straight delete of my messages or no replies go with the territory on here. . . When I do get a reply from couples or single females I always thank them for their response. Manners cost nothing so it's good to acknowledge that.

By *ripleXrateDWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

In just a few days of allowing single guys to message I got loads of what I would call nasty ones and it was very clear they never read my subject heading never mind my profile.

I was getting things like " wow you look a right slut" or " want me to cum over your arse". There was a few nice guys but I was getting so many from people that I wasn't looking for I've had to block them and I'll now go find who I'm looking for. Xx

"In just a few days of allowing single guys to message I got loads of what I would call nasty ones and it was very clear they never read my subject heading never mind my profile.

I was getting things like " wow you look a right slut" or " want me to cum over your arse". There was a few nice guys but I was getting so many from people that I wasn't looking for I've had to block them and I'll now go find who I'm looking for. Xx"

Thats a good option

Good luck x

"In just a few days of allowing single guys to message I got loads of what I would call nasty ones and it was very clear they never read my subject heading never mind my profile.

I was getting things like " wow you look a right slut" or " want me to cum over your arse". There was a few nice guys but I was getting so many from people that I wasn't looking for I've had to block them and I'll now go find who I'm looking for. Xx"

Yeah that runs it for the rest of us! I think also setting the filters to "doesn't want to hear from newbies" might help with that somewhat. Should remove the casual users who join for kicks then delete a few days later. People who have been on longer than a week SHOULD have an online personality/reputation that they might be more willing to protect by behaving.

By *ripleXrateDWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I was getting things like " wow you look a right slut" or " want me to cum over your arse". There was a few nice guys but I was getting so many from people that I wasn't looking for I've had to block them and I'll now go find who I'm looking for. Xx

Yeah that runs it for the rest of us! I think also setting the filters to "doesn't want to hear from newbies" might help with that somewhat. Should remove the casual users who join for kicks then delete a few days later. People who have been on longer than a week SHOULD have an online personality/reputation that they might be more willing to protect by behaving."

I might try the removing newbies and see where that goes. Thanks for the suggestion xx

» Add a new message to this topic