FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > How local are local updates?

How local are local updates?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oobsandballs OP   Man  over a year ago

st andrews

I was chatting to a guy in CJs last night who said our profile appears in his local updates.

We're from dundee and he's the far side of Glasgow, so that's not really local.

We can see people from Brechin, Montrose, Kirkcaldy etc in our local updates, but not as far as Aberdeen, which is 65 miles away.

So what I'm wondering is where the 'local' area stops. Anyone got any ideas?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Sometimes can get thrown off when using WiFi networks I've had folk wanting to chat as my home network seems to put me in Edinburgh sometimes . During quieter times 4 or 5 am see who's local on mobile sight can be up to couple of hundred miles away as fewer on .

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"Sometimes can get thrown off when using WiFi networks I've had folk wanting to chat as my home network seems to put me in Edinburgh sometimes . During quieter times 4 or 5 am see who's local on mobile sight can be up to couple of hundred miles away as fewer on ."
if its update page around ten miles but above local updates is friends and watch list updates I would guess thats where you were seen

st andrews

"Sometimes can get thrown off when using WiFi networks I've had folk wanting to chat as my home network seems to put me in Edinburgh sometimes . During quieter times 4 or 5 am see who's local on mobile sight can be up to couple of hundred miles away as fewer on .

if its update page around ten miles but above local updates is friends and watch list updates I would guess thats where you were seen"

Nope, definitely local updates as I don't know the guy so not friends with him. It's possible we're on his watch list but if that was the case he'd have said that and not local updates

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"Sometimes can get thrown off when using WiFi networks I've had folk wanting to chat as my home network seems to put me in Edinburgh sometimes . During quieter times 4 or 5 am see who's local on mobile sight can be up to couple of hundred miles away as fewer on .

if its update page around ten miles but above local updates is friends and watch list updates I would guess thats where you were seen

Nope, definitely local updates as I don't know the guy so not friends with him. It's possible we're on his watch list but if that was the case he'd have said that and not local updates "

cant see hoe dundee can be local to glasgow thats why my thought was watch list

st andrews

Neither can I hence my query

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Only seems to be people with a G postcode on mine..

There's actually people with PA postcodes I know on here and nothing ever shows up from them.

By *ostEligibleBachelorMan  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/12/15 11:50:47]

By *ostEligibleBachelorMan  over a year ago

"Only seems to be people with a G postcode on mine..

There's actually people with PA postcodes I know on here and nothing ever shows up from them. "

That's interesting and could be it! I just clicked into various profiles on my local updates feed and all but one (who is 20 miles away but on my friends list) are all within 10 miles...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They might of just been visiting the area. I've had that, the site records where you are and then you show up as Dundee or Glasgow instead of home

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Does it not depend on how far you have made your search range? Because thats how it determined what sex/ age etc to show you

By *oody2shoesWoman  over a year ago

dunbartonshire

I was in salou on holiday and had a guy in barcelona messaging me as i showed up as nearby x

By *dlilbumCouple  over a year ago

Aviemore and regularly visit Glasgow

Local updates is all down to the first letter/s on the postcode that you set when you join the site. We live in the highlands but have a PH postcode so local updates show people in the Perth area. We have to use an IV postcode to see local updates from people in the highlands.

OP, the guy you met at CJ's is talking rubbish. He probably has you in his hotlist but was too embarassed to say.

By *uncity1Man  over a year ago

dundee

if we are travelling to an area then we change our postcode to suit so as to speak to locals .....

st andrews

"Local updates is all down to the first letter/s on the postcode that you set when you join the site. We live in the highlands but have a PH postcode so local updates show people in the Perth area. We have to use an IV postcode to see local updates from people in the highlands.

OP, the guy you met at CJ's is talking rubbish. He probably has you in his hotlist but was too embarassed to say. "

Good information, thanks

» Add a new message to this topic