FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Tech guys or gals

Tech guys or gals

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Looking for a techie, just bought a Nyko data bank for the ps4 with a 2TB hard drive. The ps4 refuses to work with it and need a techie to bring it to, to get it working for me.

So I'm hoping there's someone on here that can help becuase Facebook isn't helping

Thanks.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"Looking for a techie, just bought a Nyko data bank for the ps4 with a 2TB hard drive. The ps4 refuses to work with it and need a techie to bring it to, to get it working for me.

So I'm hoping there's someone on here that can help becuase Facebook isn't helping

Thanks."

think you need to format it to ps4s data type xbox one done the same with mine

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Looking for a techie, just bought a Nyko data bank for the ps4 with a 2TB hard drive. The ps4 refuses to work with it and need a techie to bring it to, to get it working for me.

Thanks."

Wtf in english please mate

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

Thanks.

Wtf in english please mate "

It's quite simple really - he wants help to get the data bank working with his PS4

coatbridge

Thanks.

Wtf in english please mate "

hes made it perfectly clear what problem hes having

What happened to space invaders?

It was usurped by advances in technology.

Thanks.think you need to format it to ps4s data type xbox one done the same with mine"

I don't think so mate, becuase I have to remove the ps4 hard drive and use a new one so nothing to format. I've watched about 10videos on YouTube and they all make it seem easy peasy but its not lol

Thanks.think you need to format it to ps4s data type xbox one done the same with mineI don't think so mate, becuase I have to remove the ps4 hard drive and use a new one so nothing to format. I've watched about 10videos on YouTube and they all make it seem easy peasy but its not lol"

I just got what you meant, I need to format the new hard drive, how do I do that exactly?

Don't own a PS4 so not 100% sure about ins and outs if the Data Bank to help, but I've stripped down as rebuilt enough PCs in my time to tell you it is a dawdle to switch drives.

I would do as you've done though and find a step by step walk through online as going to a so called Pro will cost $$$$$$$$$

"Don't own a PS4 so not 100% sure about ins and outs if the Data Bank to help, but I've stripped down as rebuilt enough PCs in my time to tell you it is a dawdle to switch drives.

I would do as you've done though and find a step by step walk through online as going to a so called Pro will cost $$$$$$$$$

"

I've been online all day trying to find something that helps, no one having the same problem as me but there seems to be a lot of other problems with it.

Like kola said I've seen on forums people saying I need to format my new drive to exFAT but I have no clue how to do any of this, all the YouTube videos I've watched have just been 4steps and done but it appears to be a lot more complicated than that

coatbridge

"Don't own a PS4 so not 100% sure about ins and outs if the Data Bank to help, but I've stripped down as rebuilt enough PCs in my time to tell you it is a dawdle to switch drives.

I've been online all day trying to find something that helps, no one having the same problem as me but there seems to be a lot of other problems with it.

Like kola said I've seen on forums people saying I need to format my new drive to exFAT but I have no clue how to do any of this, all the YouTube videos I've watched have just been 4steps and done but it appears to be a lot more complicated than that"

if there is a usb port on the new drive connect onto your comp right click to format if using 7 or 8 will ask you which type to format to click your needed type if not tech bitz in whifflet or a wee comp shop your way might have a caddy to do it they wont charge you much a min job at most

Like kola said I've seen on forums people saying I need to format my new drive to exFAT but I have no clue how to do any of this, all the YouTube videos I've watched have just been 4steps and done but it appears to be a lot more complicated than thatif there is a usb port on the new drive connect onto your comp right click to format if using 7 or 8 will ask you which type to format to click your needed type if not tech bitz in whifflet or a wee comp shop your way might have a caddy to do it they wont charge you much a min job at most"

brilliant mate, no USB on the drive but it turns out I may have bought the wrong hard drive, I think I was meant to buy an SSHD drive but don't think mine is

coatbridge

Oppppps just read up on it bit more complicated you need to have a flashdrive min of 2 gb then go on comp. Get ps4system update file (ps4 needs this info to run) make a folder (ps4) inside that folder make another put the pup file in this connect new memory bank up to ps4 then run update file through ps4 that should be you up and running

coatbridge

Didnt realise that ps4 didnt accept external as you have said above has to be correct drive type and size the ps4 is 2.5 instead of the 3.5 normal but quite straightforward if ya get right one

"Didnt realise that ps4 didnt accept external as you have said above has to be correct drive type and size the ps4 is 2.5 instead of the 3.5 normal but quite straightforward if ya get right one"
done the update thing, the date bank hold the 3.5" its made for the ps4, think I'm just going to try get ma money back, its all just too much hassle to be bothered with, I'll just need to splash out for a 2th internal drive which I should have done the 1st time.

There is a way to do this but honestly mate, easier to refund and get correct. It's a pain in the ass.

"There is a way to do this but honestly mate, easier to refund and get correct. It's a pain in the ass."
too right, if i was more tech savvy it probs would be easy, am just pissed coz i now need to reinstall all ma games & They're updates

coatbridge

"There is a way to do this but honestly mate, easier to refund and get correct. It's a pain in the ass.too right, if i was more tech savvy it probs would be easy, am just pissed coz i now need to reinstall all ma games & They're updates"
put old drive back in and cloud save the drive then you should be able to retrieve all

"There is a way to do this but honestly mate, easier to refund and get correct. It's a pain in the ass.too right, if i was more tech savvy it probs would be easy, am just pissed coz i now need to reinstall all ma games & They're updatesput old drive back in and cloud save the drive then you should be able to retrieve all "

as a software designer. What this guy says

» Add a new message to this topic