FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Need a gas boiler man for help

Need a gas boiler man for help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi there is there anay gas boiler guys out there my central heating won't heat my radiators HELP !

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Have you tried bleeding the radiators?

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Also, check the pressure gauge in the front of the boiler. If it's too low it won't pump around the system.

And a silly thing, but is it switched to the radiators and not just for hot water?

Yeh I moved a little lever to put pressure up but I moved one for radiators it won't move back

So is there no boiler guys on here

Falkirk

"Yeh I moved a little lever to put pressure up but I moved one for radiators it won't move back "

Does that little lever have arrows on it?

The pressure shouldn't be above 1 on most boilers until it fires up

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hi there is there anay gas boiler guys out there my central heating won't heat my radiators HELP ! "

Your such a girl

K x

Thanks all sorted pair of pliers come in handy lol

Falkirk

"Thanks all sorted pair of pliers come in handy lol"

Cool

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It frightens me how people give out info on what to do with boilers with no real experience. Is even more frightening that people listen to it. Get a gas safe registered engineer to check it out. If your pressure is down there will be a reason for it dropping. Also get your boiler serviced every year. You would be amazed at the damage I've seen done to boilers by people trying to save a couple of bob and do it themselves.

Falkirk

"It frightens me how people give out info on what to do with boilers with no real experience. Is even more frightening that people listen to it. Get a gas safe registered engineer to check it out. If your pressure is down there will be a reason for it dropping. Also get your boiler serviced every year. You would be amazed at the damage I've seen done to boilers by people trying to save a couple of bob and do it themselves. "

Whilst I agree with you about the pressure, if it drops once, it's not usually a problem to boost it with the fill loop. If it does it a second and third time then it could well be a diaphragm.

However, by doing a few simple checks that I've been taught by corgi engineers over the years, a simple thing can be sorted without the need for a hefty bill.

If it continues to do it, THEN I agree, call an engineer

It won't be a diaphragm. It could be a leak, the expansion vessel, the heat exchanger, the prv but it won't be a diaphragm. Some boilers will run with no pressure and can damage pumps etc.

there is also no indication from the op on the type of system, boiler or anything. I'm not having a go just asking u be careful what u advise

Falkirk

"It won't be a diaphragm. It could be a leak, the expansion vessel, the heat exchanger, the prv but it won't be a diaphragm. Some boilers will run with no pressure and can damage pumps etc.

there is also no indication from the op on the type of system, boiler or anything. I'm not having a go just asking u be careful what u advise"

Which is why I went with the basics like switches etc. And bleeding radiators is a simple job too. I've had the pressure drop several times and it was a deflated diaphragm. It was simple for the engineer to fix and something I'd never attempt. Hence my advice that if the pressure drops again, call one.

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

Knowing SFA about boilers radiators piping is it ok to bang a pipe while smoking

Its not a deflated diaphragm though. The diaphragm (in the expansion vessel) separates the air and the water it is just a bit of rubber. The problem in what your trying to explain is a decrease of air in the vessel which again depending on boiler type can be common due to worn or torn diaphragms

As a gas engineer I hope you would take my advice and get it checked by an industry professional to get to the root of the problem before any damage is done. Regular servicing and maintenance will help, a one of £70 callout or whatever the person may charge per hour will be alot less than if there is a leak that damages any flooring or ceilings or if a lack of pressure causes pumps to run dry etc which could run into hundreds of pounds of work.

I only see it on a daily basis though so if my advice isn't correct I apologise, last I will say on the matter.

Btw I'm not having a go its just something that I have experience of and have seen on numerous occasions how people have been told how to do this or that and its actually not the problem and it makes it worse

what pressure is in your system?

what is it reading right now, in bar or lb

By *irtyricoMan  over a year ago

west bromwich

If anyone else needs a combi boiler fitting, contact me as I am a Gas safe registered engineer and I fit boilers and my prices are good!

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

"If anyone else needs a combi boiler fitting, contact me as I am a Gas safe registered engineer and I fit boilers and my prices are good! "

You're in the West Midlands???

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

"If anyone else needs a combi boiler fitting, contact me as I am a Gas safe registered engineer and I fit boilers and my prices are good!

You're in the West Midlands??? "

Touting for business.. With benefits maybe

west bromwich

Yeah West Midlands .. and who knows maybe abit of both I have heard some stories on here about being paid in kind haha

Glad to see you managed to get it done without having to pay any call out costs OP....or give the boy above a handjob

west bromwich

Hahahahaha!

By *ink-KameraMan  over a year ago

Livingston

"Knowing SFA about boilers radiators piping is it ok to bang a pipe while smoking "

I'm sure if you wear protection and give it a hug after you will be OK

» Add a new message to this topic