FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > GYM/ Weights & Nutrition

GYM/ Weights & Nutrition

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone care to keep this going as a running thread, giving each other tips on work outs & food to keep us fighting fit.

I will kick off, feel free to add

Creatine; anyone find cramping issues when taking this?

I used to get seriously painful calf cramps at night

cramping from creatine has to do with the inbalance of water and electrolytes so increase your electrolytes (potassium and sodium) whenever you increase water intake esspecially with creatine

now the cramps are gone, weights are increasing as is body weight

5'10'', 179 lbs, 310 squat, 230 bench.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm a former semi pro boxer and martial artist and I don't use weights, I did briefly about 15 years ago when coaching a bodybuilder

Cramps, drink plenty of water and eat foods rich in iron and potassium broccoli, peas, cabbage etc

For weight training eat entry of fish and chicken add at least one red meat meal per week and eat pulses and nuts for protein

My knees are fecked with all the road work I did so running is out of the question for me, but I substitute this by swimming and walking.

I also use things like yoga, chi kung and tai chi to keep myself supple.

That should read plenty of fish etc

By *ohn_spartanMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Plenty of EFAS (essential fatty acids) great for the joints and fat burning. Nuts, fish oils, fish itself, avocado etc.

What's everyone's training looking like at the moment. I'm currently on a very traditional 5 day body part split and it's working wonders. Funny how the old classics keep on working

I've lost almost 3 stone in weight since Xmas and I see the toned body I used to have during my fight days starting

To come back.

No intention of dropping to 140 lbs was too skinny then but a well toned 170 is my target and I'm hovering around the 175 at the moment.

Do not use a gym or expensive equipment just watch what I eat and go for long walks or swim.

By *ripleXrateDWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Just a wee tip,if you don't like fruit and veg like my man and kids buy a juicer and drink them. My bf used to drink a pint of juice made from apple,pear,carrot,celery,spinach and pineapple. It made a massive diffrence and he found he was less hungry so eat less junk food.

I've just started on them this week and can vouch you do feel a diffrence.

Of course nothing will beat actually eating fruit and veg

Xxxx

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Just a wee tip,if you don't like fruit and veg like my man and kids buy a juicer and drink them. My bf used to drink a pint of juice made from apple,pear,carrot,celery,spinach and pineapple. It made a massive diffrence and he found he was less hungry so eat less junk food.

I've just started on them this week and can vouch you do feel a diffrence.

Of course nothing will beat actually eating fruit and veg

Xxxx"

good tip Princess, appreciated x

"Plenty of EFAS (essential fatty acids) great for the joints and fat burning. Nuts, fish oils, fish itself, avocado etc.

What's everyone's training looking like at the moment. I'm currently on a very traditional 5 day body part split and it's working wonders. Funny how the old classics keep on working "

Bear complex (Google it if you've not heard of it)

Consists of

Dead lift-Clean-Front squat-Push press -Back squat-Push press (all this is one rep)

All continuous one after the other.

No more than 4 reps per set and normally do 4 sets

Give it a try it will seperate the men from the boys x

» Add a new message to this topic