FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Police camera vans

Police camera vans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *erfume-Lover OP   Man  over a year ago

Perth Hotel 27 June

Noticed a speed camera van today on the Glenrothes-Kirkcaldy A92 at 7am this morning...if only they would put the same effort into cleaning ( or cleansing ) Fife of the drug dealing scum.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Use the same ability to spot the "drug dealers" with the speed camera's, you be fine n not fined,lol

you be surprise who is watching who

Local paper is nice though, tells you where the mobile cams are going to be each week. No excuse for speeding and being caught then.

Well i was kinda worried the other week - my wee mammys numberplates got nicked off her car. Was panicing when i had to drive to Halfords to get a new set made in case i set off the ANPC thingy. Thankfully i never passed any police cars on the way.

the mobile cams are all over the place but not just catching speeding drivers but all sorts of crooks cartax dodgers etc. and most area's are well sign posted.

By *erfume-Lover OP   Man  over a year ago

Perth Hotel 27 June

Mobile speed vans are completely different from number plate recognition vans.Police v DVLA.

My point was - if only the Police would spend the same effort dealing with the drug dealing scum.

AND THE REASON THEY DONT.

Speeding - an easy £ 60 fine ( or more ) because the motorist will / has to pay.

Drug dealing - first offence - a small slap - dont do it again - and they dont pay.But the ( so called ) Lawyers love the deal of the legal aid scam.Free money for Lawyers.

If you really want something Fife-ish to complain about - how about the fact Fife has 19 council officials who earn over £100,000 pa whilst Glasgow manages a much bigger workforce and budget with only 9.

"Noticed a speed camera van today on the Glenrothes-Kirkcaldy A92 at 7am this morning...if only they would put the same effort into cleaning ( or cleansing ) Fife of the drug dealing scum."

Im maybe a fine one to talk, having 9 points on my licence now but go and tell a mother that they have just lost their 18 year old child cos another driver was speeding, see how you feel about it then.

My 9 points has focused my mind on that possibility and the potential that over speed could lead to.

Stay safe.

S.

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple  over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

Just a note for the bikers as it is the season...

The newer vans have been set up with front cameras aswell as the usual rear camara so that when they are sitting at the road side they can capture reg plates from the front and back of vehicles - ie. for bikes!

xAx

I drive for a living and generally its very rare during my 200-300 miles i see someone going ridiculously fast, but what often is witnessed is folks simply driving just irratically, undertaking, no lights on when visibilities awfull, fog lights on when theres nae fog, etc etc etc

"Well i was kinda worried the other week - my wee mammys numberplates got nicked off her car. Was panicing when i had to drive to Halfords to get a new set made in case i set off the ANPC thingy. Thankfully i never passed any police cars on the way. "

You need to contact the police and report this. Number plates are being stolen to order and sent to London, where they are used to get round the congestion charge. If you don't report it to the police you will be charged for it.

If my number plates were stolen the fist thing I'd do would be contact the polis! You want the theft logged and an incident number issued.

It's almost certain they haven't been stolen for fun. I'd be surprised if you didn't have problems sooner or later!

"I drive for a living and generally its very rare during my 200-300 miles i see someone going ridiculously fast, but what often is witnessed is folks simply driving just irratically, undertaking, no lights on when visibilities awfull, fog lights on when theres nae fog, etc etc etc"

Aye, driving without due care and attention is much more dangerous than speed in the grand scheme of things!

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple  over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

"Just a note for the bikers as it is the season...

The newer vans have been set up with front cameras aswell as the usual rear camara so that when they are sitting at the road side they can capture reg plates from the front and back of vehicles - ie. for bikes!

xAx"

Oh and I have been reliably informed that these things can catch you at upto 1800m away! thats over a mile!

Dec

Saw the police on motorway in an un-marked Jaguar XK, nabbing a biker too.

By Grangemouth.

M8 + M9 both have unmarked cars, advantage of commuting everyday.

Silver seems to be popular for the unmarked polis, alas supercop aka ricky fulton isnt so nice now.

I dont tospeed i like to cruise at 65 as well its sedate safe and less chance of points.

i dont like these really nice cops who decide to blue light it at red lights.

» Add a new message to this topic