FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Wee Nicola

Wee Nicola

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi, starting to think wee Nicola is biting off more than she can chew, out of all the politicians I thought she was the better bet, once she bites the dust who's left?

Answers on the back of a postage stamp please. Jim

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Believing her own hype and is out her depth

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

She's always been out of her depth, even her own area can't stand her, just YouTube her being inter_iewed on Allison street

Some folk talk the talk but when it comes to it walking the walk they are fucked

Sadly she will drag us down a road we don't want to go on and folk will back her thinking it's the patriotic thing to do, before you know it it will be too late

John

She seems the only one of all the parties who has some sort of plan

By *ob nice but domMan  over a year ago

PAISLEY

"She seems the only one of all the parties who has some sort of plan "

What's this plan u mentioned ? Currency ? Oil price ? EU membership ?

By *i_garyMan  over a year ago

glasgow

"She seems the only one of all the parties who has some sort of plan

What's this plan u mentioned ? Currency ? Oil price ? EU membership ? "

Steady on now, she does have a meme doing the rounds on facebook. What more do you want

Would

Aw wait not that kinda thread

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

She talks the talk but can't walk the walk. She opens her mouth on things like EU membership and is then slapped down by the EU president as she doesn't know what she is talking about.

She should stop fantasising about indyref2 and just get on with what she is paid a lot of money to do.

After all, she is calling for an 2nd independance referendum as she didn't like the last result. Maybe Cameron should do the same then.

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow & Surrounds

"She should stop fantasising about indyref2 and just get on with what she is paid a lot of money to do.

"

Why should she, seems the scottish electorate are happy with her continual self promotion.

It's all about the me, me, me, me...

We voted YES - Yes, Evenmore Selfies, at the last holyrood elections.

Inter_iew this morning saying she could veteo Thursdays result

glasgow

As I've said elsewhere, expect a lot of noise, statements, and the illusion of doing something.....without actually doing or achieving anything. She's playing to the gallery to try to keep her supporters onside. They believe that indy2 is now on the table and she's stalling on that one so it's all about distraction for now.

By *lasgowpair76Couple  over a year ago

Renfrewshire

"She's always been out of her depth, even her own area can't stand her, just YouTube her being inter_iewed on Allison street

Some folk talk the talk but when it comes to it walking the walk they are fucked

Sadly she will drag us down a road we don't want to go on and folk will back her thinking it's the patriotic thing to do, before you know it it will be too late

John "

couldn't agree more with all you have said

She's doing exactly what all politicians do in these circumstances, flannel waffle and make sure the personal gravy train keeps running

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

"As I've said elsewhere, expect a lot of noise, statements, and the illusion of doing something.....without actually doing or achieving anything. She's playing to the gallery to try to keep her supporters onside. They believe that indy2 is now on the table and she's stalling on that one so it's all about distraction for now."

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Grandstanding at her very best

She had got a couple of lovely urns on her mantelpiece at Bute House though. I was too busy admiring them to hear what she was warbling on about. Did I miss anything?...

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"She had got a couple of lovely urns on her mantelpiece at Bute House though. I was too busy admiring them to hear what she was warbling on about. Did I miss anything?... "

And a great painting by Gerard Burns

"She had got a couple of lovely urns on her mantelpiece at Bute House though. I was too busy admiring them to hear what she was warbling on about. Did I miss anything?... "

You dyd, she gave a great recipe for macaroons

By *imbo57Man  over a year ago

kilmarnock ish

Agree

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

I wanted Scotland independent. But not in Europe!!!!!

near Glasgow

"I wanted Scotland independent. But not in Europe!!!!!"

Exactly, someone speaking some sense at last!!!

What is the point of getting independence from Westminster, then going 'cap in hand' to the beaurocrats in Brussels?

By *lcockMan  over a year ago

stirling

For a party that that bangs on about democracy they can't except a decision going against them. The majority of Scotland wanted to remain with Brittian and the majority of Brittian wanted to exit. Need to except it and move on.

She says that leaving a union that has lasted 40 years will be catastrophic. What about one that's lasted over 300.

This result may make the eurozone sit up and take notice in particular if France, Holland and Denmark hold referendums. Throwing the dummy out the pram at this stage isn't helping. Another referendum,a divided nation, and looking at and accepting the euro and still being out out of Europe will not help. We need to take a step back and don't make rash decisions.

It's my thought that they have always been a protest party and not a governing party. It's everyone else's fault, the big boy done it and run away.

Anyway I will no doubt be branded a traitor and a coward yet again because I'm cautious and only want the best for my country.

"I wanted Scotland independent. But not in Europe!!!!!

What is the point of getting independence from Westminster, then going 'cap in hand' to the beaurocrats in Brussels?"

Because it's big bad Westminster

"It's my thought that they have always been a protest party and not a governing party. It's everyone else's fault, the big boy done it and run away."

"For a party that that bangs on about democracy they can't except a decision going against them. The majority of Scotland wanted to remain with Brittian and the majority of Brittian wanted to exit. Need to except it and move on.

She says that leaving a union that has lasted 40 years will be catastrophic. What about one that's lasted over 300.

This result may make the eurozone sit up and take notice in particular if France, Holland and Denmark hold referendums. Throwing the dummy out the pram at this stage isn't helping. Another referendum,a divided nation, and looking at and accepting the euro and still being out out of Europe will not help. We need to take a step back and don't make rash decisions.

It's my thought that they have always been a protest party and not a governing party. It's everyone else's fault, the big boy done it and run away.

Anyway I will no doubt be branded a traitor and a coward yet again because I'm cautious and only want the best for my country.

"

Completely agree with you.

near Glasgow

What is the point of getting independence from Westminster, then going 'cap in hand' to the beaurocrats in Brussels?

"

And Brussells is...............???

"

It's my thought that they have always been a protest party and not a governing party. It's everyone else's fault, the big boy done it and run away. "

Brilliant summary of the snp.

near Glasgow

"

Brilliant summary of the snp. "

"

Big bad Brussels

Sorry I should have said that if Scotland went independent then it should be independent on its own. No European Union or UK

near Glasgow

Big bad Brussels

Sorry I should have said that if Scotland went independent then it should be independent on its own. No European Union or UK"

Glasgow & Surrounds

"It's my thought that they have always been a protest party and not a governing party. It's everyone else's fault, the big boy done it and run away.

"

Many conflate the SNP as being Scotland.

Where as the SNP only represent the _iews of the SNP.

What a narrow _iew our country has these days. We have forgotten our history and become insular little folk.

No more do we look beyond our borders but sit with our pride going wha's like us and expecting the world to give us a living.

Our eyes have been forced to the floor, gazing at our national navel. Instead of looking towards the horizon seeking chances and embracing change.

The petty racist that hides within all of us has been encouraged to believe it's their fault. Never ours.

The future is what we grasp, what we make.

At the most simple level, you are responsible for you. The fact you don't have a good job tends not to be due to "them" but due to the fact you sat at school and were a complete and utter Dick head.

By *tormountCouple  over a year ago

Raintown

Where is the like button? Top post.

Big bad Brussels

Sorry I should have said that if Scotland went independent then it should be independent on its own. No European Union or UK

"

Have always said this. Independant means just that. Left alone to run our own affairs without the input of anyone else

Yes the SNP are a protest party and every leader that I know of in my lifetime has stated that if we became independent then there would be no need for an SNP.

Only problem is do we get a Politburo instead

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"It's my thought that they have always been a protest party and not a governing party. It's everyone else's fault, the big boy done it and run away.

What a narrow _iew our country has these days. We have forgotten our history and become insular little folk.

No more do we look beyond our borders but sit with our pride going wha's like us and expecting the world to give us a living.

Our eyes have been forced to the floor, gazing at our national navel. Instead of looking towards the horizon seeking chances and embracing change.

The petty racist that hides within all of us has been encouraged to believe it's their fault. Never ours.

At the most simple level, you are responsible for you. The fact you don't have a good job tends not to be due to "them" but due to the fact you sat at school and were a complete and utter Dick head.

"

Bullseye

By *rock213Man  over a year ago

falkirk

FREEDOM...........

The quiet man

John Sweeney

By *helma_richardsCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

"I wanted Scotland independent. But not in Europe!!!!!"

You're screwed then

Pretty unbelievable that after watching the last few days unfold folk are slagging Sturgeon. She's the only one with any sort of plan or showing any sort of leadership.

Our Prime Minister, who only called this vote for personal and party reasons, was chatting to veterans and looking at tanks the day after the vote. No plan on what to do.

The oppostition, who should be capitalising on an outgoing PM and showing they know how to run the country, is instead eating itself further. Other than getting rid of Corbyn, no idea what to do.

Boris, who championed this idea and told the UK to vote this way, has no idea what to do. You could tell on Friday he didn't want to win this. Looked like his dug had died. He backed leave thinking it would narrowly lose so he could step in at Number 10. Will he press the button on Article 50? I'd doubt it.

Our chancellor may know what to do but nobody has seen him since the vote. The UK is totally leaderless and rudderless with nobody willing to step up and take control, but aye Nicola's a dick.

The UK govt made no plans for this outcome. Nobody has any idea what to do and how to separate the UK from the EU. If the Leave argument had same media scrutiny at the Scottish YES argument had then the UK would not find itself in this position.

The UK has just voted to end itself. In 2014 55% voted for UK stability over the uncertainty and instability of a Scottish independence. Fair enough, this shit storm would've been similar, albeit on a smaller world scale than this. I voted YES but I knew what I was voting for and was willing to take the risk that we'd be better of in the long run. Now that stability in the UK has gone, we either risk instability and uncertainty under control of Boris "a pound spent in Croydon is more valuable than a pound spent in Strathclyde" Johnson et al and hope they have our interests at heart or we go and try do it ourselves.

A sex site isn't exactly the best place to be posting stuff like this although I have had a hard on since the English basically voted to end the UK by making Scottish independence inevitable.

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Say what you like about her ..love her or loathe her ..but she didnt run and hide this last weekend ...David cameron spat the dummy and threw the toys out the pram and resigned ..george osbourne hid under his bed since the result, corbin hid away until all hell broke loose in the labour party ,boris went away to play cricket and feck knows where gove or kezia dougdale are the only senior polititions to come out over the last few days with ANY credibility are nicola and ruth they havent hid from chaos ..the rest should fucking hang their heads in utter shame

stirling

The Scottish people voted for staying part of Brittian knowing there was a European referendum on the horizon. A knee jerk reaction for another Scottish referendum I don't think is going to help. We could find ourself totally isolated from Europe and Brittian.

What is sturgeons plan. She's said possibly adopting the euro. (Crazy) block Brittian leaving Europe (a mockery of democracy) hold a second referendum (divide the nation, even more financial insecurity and still not be in Europe.

Sturgeon is merely taking an oppertunity to press for independence. And she will continue to do so at any cost.

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

"The Scottish people voted for staying part of Brittian knowing there was a European referendum on the horizon. A knee jerk reaction for another Scottish referendum I don't think is going to help. We could find ourself totally isolated from Europe and Brittian.

What is sturgeons plan. She's said possibly adopting the euro. (Crazy) block Brittian leaving Europe (a mockery of democracy) hold a second referendum (divide the nation, even more financial insecurity and still not be in Europe.

Sturgeon is merely taking an oppertunity to press for independence. And she will continue to do so at any cost. "

aye same here i think its nuts to jump back in again

By *oanne_MacTV/TS  over a year ago

Cunty Durham

"Pretty unbelievable that after watching the last few days unfold folk are slagging Sturgeon. She's the only one with any sort of plan or showing any sort of leadership.

Our Prime Minister, who only called this vote for personal and party reasons, was chatting to veterans and looking at tanks the day after the vote. No plan on what to do.

The oppostition, who should be capitalising on an outgoing PM and showing they know how to run the country, is instead eating itself further. Other than getting rid of Corbyn, no idea what to do.

Boris, who championed this idea and told the UK to vote this way, has no idea what to do. You could tell on Friday he didn't want to win this. Looked like his dug had died. He backed leave thinking it would narrowly lose so he could step in at Number 10. Will he press the button on Article 50? I'd doubt it.

Our chancellor may know what to do but nobody has seen him since the vote. The UK is totally leaderless and rudderless with nobody willing to step up and take control, but aye Nicola's a dick.

The UK govt made no plans for this outcome. Nobody has any idea what to do and how to separate the UK from the EU. If the Leave argument had same media scrutiny at the Scottish YES argument had then the UK would not find itself in this position.

The UK has just voted to end itself. In 2014 55% voted for UK stability over the uncertainty and instability of a Scottish independence. Fair enough, this shit storm would've been similar, albeit on a smaller world scale than this. I voted YES but I knew what I was voting for and was willing to take the risk that we'd be better of in the long run. Now that stability in the UK has gone, we either risk instability and uncertainty under control of Boris "a pound spent in Croydon is more valuable than a pound spent in Strathclyde" Johnson et al and hope they have our interests at heart or we go and try do it ourselves.

A sex site isn't exactly the best place to be posting stuff like this although I have had a hard on since the English basically voted to end the UK by making Scottish independence inevitable."

now thats a post

By *oanne_MacTV/TS  over a year ago

Cunty Durham

Ive also saw various people on various outlets claiming scotland voted yes knowing their was to be a brexit referendum...... thats a pile of horseshit.

the no campaign repeatedly said to protect EU membership then scotland has to stay in the UK..... less than two years later they vote to leave the EU. add this to the list of things the electorate the electorate were lied to on....

Glasgow & Surrounds

"Ive also saw various people on various outlets claiming scotland voted yes knowing their was to be a brexit referendum...... thats a pile of horseshit.

the no campaign repeatedly said to protect EU membership then scotland has to stay in the UK..... less than two years later they vote to leave the EU. add this to the list of things the electorate the electorate were lied to on...."

"I have legal advice" A.Salmond

Big fat lie, that he tried to stop the scottish electorate knowing, using scottish government money.

"It will cost £200 million to set up a new Scottish State" - just trying to set up the EU farm payments system is now estimated to cost, wait for it....

£187 million.

Both sides were as bad as the other.

What I found disgusting was the soft xenophobia that was fueled by the indy ref.

stirling

It was the people's choice to leave the EU. As it was the people of Scotland's will to stay as part of Brittian. I voted in the Scottish referendum knowing their was a European referendum ahead.

Like it or not it's done and we need to move on, the same with the Scottish referendum.

If Scotland had voted to leave the U.K. We would have been out of the EU anyway. we would have had to apply again to gain membership to the European Union.

"Pretty unbelievable that after watching the last few days unfold folk are slagging Sturgeon. She's the only one with any sort of plan or showing any sort of leadership.

Our chancellor may know what to do but nobody has seen him since the vote. The UK is totally leaderless and rudderless with nobody willing to step up and take control, but aye Nicola's a dick

A sex site isn't exactly the best place to be posting stuff like this although I have had a hard on since the English basically voted to end the UK by making Scottish independence inevitable."

FINALLY, SENSE????

Next time Cameron and his pals is on the news don't listen to what's being said just look at there stance ,their unironed suits these guys spend a fortune on how to look powerful now think back we went to war and not a tie was out of place so they have shown they can handle the job now of course this will effect is all in some way but trying to scare the population into a vote the way they did and quitting your job becase you did not get your way tells a lot.

Mabe for the first time they are the ones who loose out when we leave, have you ever been skint and blamed it on the pound and the dollar .

And the fact wee nic is bouncing around like tigger shouting referedom proves my point as she's not in the millionairs club in downing steet. What do you think?

glasgow

"As I've said elsewhere, expect a lot of noise, statements, and the illusion of doing something.....without actually doing or achieving anything. She's playing to the gallery to try to keep her supporters onside. They believe that indy2 is now on the table and she's stalling on that one so it's all about distraction for now."

Quoting myself here but this is definitely what's happening. Why hasn't she come out and demanded an independence referendum? She doesn't want it.

stirling

What did salmond do when he didn't get it his way?

By *issncuddlesCouple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Agreed this is not the platform for Politics, BUT.....any one an idea why Sturgeon and all are so desperate to stay in the EU ??......would it have anything to do with the EU providing a safety net for an Independent Scotland (Greece, Italy and Spain), when the Economy goes tits up after the Scottish Govt fucks it up??...The SNP did not want a yes vote the last time!!....Someone I know and trust was at a function the night before the last referendum and a pissed Alex Salmon said "if they vote yes, we're fucked"...they plan was to get what they got....more powers!....

[Removed by poster at 28/06/16 08:58:35]

She or the SNP has been out of their depth for some time. I'll start with Education. The Curriculum for Excellence has failed miserably. The free University place policy actually has a cap on places that limits access, not widens it. I could go on for days....but stopped getting upset by their ineptitude a long time ago. And she has a mean mouth....

after reading some of the anti snp crap on here I wanted to write a long winded reply, thankfully you've just about said everything I would've, cheers for saving me half an hour of my life

"Agreed this is not the platform for Politics, BUT.....any one an idea why Sturgeon and all are so desperate to stay in the EU ??......would it have anything to do with the EU providing a safety net for an Independent Scotland (Greece, Italy and Spain), when the Economy goes tits up after the Scottish Govt fucks it up??...The SNP did not want a yes vote the last time!!....Someone I know and trust was at a function the night before the last referendum and a pissed Alex Salmon said "if they vote yes, we're fucked"...they plan was to get what they got....more powers!...."

if you didn't hear it it wasn't said!! But say it was said, do you know how it was said, do you know in what context it was said? Let's all hang the man for cracking a joke and having a sense of humour

By *cottishmaleMan  over a year ago

Helensburgh

Her plan seems to be pull out of UK to get more power yet join the EU to hav absolutely no power and no say in anything even though the EU wouldn't accept us as we can't offer anything we don't even hav our own bank never mind any money I'm glad we are out of EU but really hope we don't pull out of UK as we will b fucked

glasgow

I see the president of the EU has knocked back her request for a meeting.

"

Major thumbs up for this!!!!

Oooooh Nichola. Keep your heels on love.

The oppostition, who should be capitalising on an outgoing PM and showing they know

to run the country, is instead eating itself further. Other than getting rid of Corbyn, no idea what to do.

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I see the president of the EU has knocked back her request for a meeting."

And who is paying for her grandstanding in Europe? The tax payer. Even Alex salmond says she is talking up powers she doesn't have as is Jim sillars.

Maybe if she sorted out the problems she has created in Scotland first that might be a better plan.

As for her slogan of leading an independent Scotland in Europe then she obviously doesn't understand what the word independent means or fails to know what being part of the eu entails.

"I see the president of the EU has knocked back her request for a meeting.

And who is paying for her grandstanding in Europe? The tax payer. Even Alex salmond says she is talking up powers she doesn't have as is Jim sillars.

Maybe if she sorted out the problems she has created in Scotland first that might be a better plan.

As for her slogan of leading an independent Scotland in Europe then she obviously doesn't understand what the word independent means or fails to know what being part of the eu entails."

Great POInt contradicting herself all in a single sentence.

Eu will t last anyway

» Add a new message to this topic