FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > mis-interpretation

mis-interpretation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ola cubes OP   Man  over a year ago

coatbridge

So by my reckoning a guys a guy unless he has breeding and or refinement.then he is a gentleman.why is it that all fems are called ladies. most are not of gentry breeding and again most dont show ladylike qualitys.so why are they not just reffered to as woman. I seldom use the word lady as i see it as a word to describe someone with refinement. Whats others thoughts

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"So by my reckoning a guys a guy unless he has breeding and or refinement.then he is a gentleman.why is it that all fems are called ladies. most are not of gentry breeding and again most dont show ladylike qualitys.so why are they not just reffered to as woman. I seldom use the word lady as i see it as a word to describe someone with refinement. Whats others thoughts"
are all fems called ladies tho ?

Most on here call females women with the odd exception to some who do refer to some as ladies

coatbridge

My _iew is very diffrent ladies seems to be banded around very freely weirdly its not just butter your biscuits guys alot of fems use it

"My _iew is very diffrent ladies seems to be banded around very freely weirdly its not just butter your biscuits guys alot of fems use it"
I am one of those fems who have used to to refer to some as ladies

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was brought up to regard and treat all women as ladies and I refer to them as ladies.

It's just the way I am and don't see it as anything srange

Lady to me is someone older and posher lol i prefer being known as a lassie.. makes me feel young lol

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

It's guys and girls, ladies and gentlemen. So calling a man a guy is casting aspersions on them in regards to their maturity.

I would probably use the term Woman more...

As in .."you are a lovely looking Woman"..rather than "You are a lovely looking Lady"

Ive also used the term ..Drama Queens on here ..lol

"

Ive also used the term ..Drama Queens on here ..lol

"

And that's just the men lol

coatbridge

"I was brought up to regard and treat all women as ladies and I refer to them as ladies.

It's just the way I am and don't see it as anything srange"

I was brought up to treat all people with respect if deserved. this means im as likely to hold a door open for a guy as a woman. By the same token a fem acts like a plum I treat them like a plum

"I was brought up to regard and treat all women as ladies and I refer to them as ladies.

It's just the way I am and don't see it as anything srangeI was brought up to treat all people with respect if deserved. this means im as likely to hold a door open for a guy as a woman. By the same token a fem acts like a plum I treat them like a plum"

Agreed ..

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I mostly say female. As for respect, I was brought up to respect people.

Now I respect women, just not all women.

By *ab femWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I don't see anything wrong with calling someone a lady, it's just a polite way to refer to a woman

I think it is a respectable thing to call a woman a lady or a man a gentleman.

It's not something I call everyone as some has said it's something about a person that makes theme come across as a lady or gentleman that makes me refer to them as such

It's just the way I am and don't see it as anything srangeI was brought up to treat all people with respect if deserved. this means im as likely to hold a door open for a guy as a woman. By the same token a fem acts like a plum I treat them like a plum"

Must agree with this . Respect is earned . If a woman acts and behaves like a lady then she is if not then she's not. I certainly ain't a lady.

But also feel the same way with men they either behave and act like a gentleman or they don't

So being from south of the border I am left wondering what a lassie is.

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

"I don't see anything wrong with calling someone a lady, it's just a polite way to refer to a woman "

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I'll have you know I paid my £29.99 for my plot of land so im perfectly entitled to call myself lady ta muchly ..

By *atmanhMan  over a year ago

bellshill

I'd use lady out of respect

But respect can be lost quickly

And there are a lot of other words used for ladies here too

By men and ladies alike

No argument with that whatsoever

» Add a new message to this topic