FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Workshop on Consent Violations

Workshop on Consent Violations

By *eliciouslySalacious OP   Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

This is nothing to do with me but I saw it over on Fet and what with all the questionable bdsm/ insecurity/ misandry/ mysogyny I thought it might be of interest over here too.

Here's their post copied:

"Some of you will already know that I am a bit of a crusader. And that my current crusade is about getting people to talk about consent violations and abuse in our community.

Well, I'm doing a workshop. We’ll be discussing consent violation and abuse in kinky relationships and communities. We’ll talk about safety when playing and when interacting on the BDSM scene, examine the common perception that kink communities are “self-policing” and discuss whether communities could do more to protect their members.

I'm doing this workshop as part of BiTastic!, which is a workshop day that's being held at Drumchapel Community Centre on December 3rd. You can buy tickets at the BiTastic! website. My workshop will last an hour (and will probably be near the end of the day... So you could still manage to visit the A&B fair that day as well :P ) There will be a variety of other workshops and activities for bi people and their allies of all orientations. The organisers are very kink-friendly, and seem pretty excited about the idea of getting kinky people, and not just bi kinky people, involved in the event.

I really care about starting this discussion. Come along on the 3rd. Bring your friends. Talk to me beforehand. You can share your ideas for discussion points, or tell me your own experiences"

It's in the Glasgow group on Fet if you want to head along.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

» Add a new message to this topic