FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > T binned

T binned

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well the H&S got their way first getting t moved out of kinross now they have binned Perthshire. I wonder what emperor surgeon will say about 100 million pound loss to the economy because of her cronies

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otblondewife hornyMrCouple  over a year ago

Cambuslang

Oh right!

By *indyslutTV/TS  over a year ago

lANARKSHIRE

it was well passed it sell by date years ago

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

lANARKSHIRE

the worst run festival in Europe ,I DJd at it a few times ,the security were horrendous

It was great at kinross but the health and safety brigade killed it off. No rockness no T where is the worlds best exponent of music going to party next year.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh got it noooo

It may have been badly run but it was one festival all the top bands wanted to play

lANARKSHIRE

yeah.................for loads of money,full of d*unken idiots

By *ruceWayne85Man  over a year ago

Hamilton

Kinross ran like a dream. Was never going to last at strathallan to many problems, I'm sure after a year out it will be back, brings too much revenue to not happen, although I saw talks of a 3 day festival in Glasgow (non camping)

Hamilton

Getting d*unk at a festival. The shame

3 day festival in Glasgow really they can't handle an old firm derby lol sort out the problem at kinross and get it back to it's home

Hamilton

Kinross is unsafe something to do with a pipe or something, I remember seeing it on the news, the only place I can think is Ayr, there's loads of room up there lol, a three day festival would be good, a few of my pals went to that radio 1 big weekend in Glasgow they said it was brilliant and no trouble

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Wasnt the health n safety thats killed it off its the minority of numbnuts that attended it and ruined it for the others that killed it off ...that and the poor organisation ...probably the worst of all the festivals

Yeh there's a oil pipe runs through the site but it's been there from day one. Concrete it in. Ayr too out of the way for alot of folk

I agree about the numbnutters though

Hamilton

Not really if people are willing to travel to Kinross or Strathallan why wouldn't they go to Ayr? People go from sky to glasto lol

By *igD262Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Hi through festival we're for partying and enjoy your self I did all time and you just do not get d*unks at festivals you get them everywhere in city centre at weekend

Where's sky Yeh but glasto is big. I've heard of skye

Hamilton

Sky/Skye jobbie/Shite people would travel, Ayr is 40 mins from Glasgow

Don't know that they would full of that's 5hrs for Aberdeen and inverness

Sky\tv company ,skye/scottish island.

Plenty places in central Scotland

By *loki the BoatbuilderMan  over a year ago

Kattegat

Ned in the park more like, full of arseholes and fights wi people who can't handle their drink or other stuff. Good riddance to it. Though DF are putting forward plans to do a three day T non camping festival on Glasgow green for a more mature crowd, keep the young uns away. Might be a bit safer and nearer, and get some decent acts, rather than some of the pop Shite that's been on in recent years

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

I went twice, and would never go again. Constantly stepping over twats passed out through drink or drugs, surrounded by idiots. I don't understand the point of spending all that money to spend the weekend smashed off your face

By *ilshyxWoman  over a year ago

happy lil world

"Ned in the park more like, full of arseholes and fights wi people who can't handle their drink or other stuff. Good riddance to it. Though DF are putting forward plans to do a three day T non camping festival on Glasgow green for a more mature crowd, keep the young uns away. Might be a bit safer and nearer, and get some decent acts, rather than some of the pop Shite that's been on in recent years"

I loved gig on the green that's going back a few years now

By *raggle rocks itMan  over a year ago

helensburgh

I think the two youngsters deaths well and truly stolped it. No surprise tho they hadnt updated website in 5 months and are in talks aboit Glasgow Green

By *tarburst_88Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

Omg gig on the green that brings back memories.

They should have continued it with the the success of the Bellahouston sessions in recent years it's been proven people will happily travel from all over the UK to glasgow.

By *hat_not_whatMan  over a year ago

Glasgow West

Gig on the Green was a great event. Seen some great bands there. There were quite a few neds about too though.

By *ilshyxWoman  over a year ago

happy lil world

"Gig on the Green was a great event. Seen some great bands there. There were quite a few neds about too though. "

Worked for tennents if I had to choose gig in the green was my favourite by far

"Well the H&S got their way first getting t moved out of kinross now they have binned Perthshire. I wonder what emperor surgeon will say about 100 million pound loss to the economy because of her cronies"

Of course it's Sturgeon's fault, and nothing to do with the organisers putting on a three day festival on Glasgow Green.

there's going to be a 2 day festival in Dundee next year I think. no idea who's playing but good to see them making good use of Camperdown park.The doggers are going to have to find a different location for those nights!

"there's going to be a 2 day festival in Dundee next year I think. no idea who's playing but good to see them making good use of Camperdown park.The doggers are going to have to find a different location for those nights!"

Who knows, they might enjoy doing it to the music!

Good, full of neds and arseholes

Ran its course years ago

Whickerman done with too. Different circumstances but a sad loss. Eden has problems with a huge projected police bill too.

Rewind would be my choice now...if it's still a goer

Moving it to strathallan had disaster written all over it, was never a suitable site, was much better at Balado. They are saying it's only off 2017 but in all honesty I think that's it done. Rumours been around for a while that same management have been eyeing up starting a festival at Glasgow green so guess we will see now!

By *dlilbumCouple  over a year ago

Aviemore and regularly visit Glasgow

Big festivals are dead!

There are plenty of small independent festivals all over Scotland (especially up here in the highlands) which are far better value for money.

Sturgeon and her pc correct mob decided Kinross was a risk and made them move her pc brigade will definitely not allow a 3 day gig in Glasgow. A festival in a city centre will never happen over a weekend in summer never happen

Glasgow West

They've had 3 day events on the Green before. Pretty certain it'll go ahead. As central government have nothing to do with the licensing of events I'm not really sure what Nicola Sturgeon has to do with it. Maybe the pic brigade do, but I've no idea who they are a or what their role is. I just hope they organise it for July. Might stop the less desirable types hanging about the Green.

Glasgow West

"They've had 3 day events on the Green before. Pretty certain it'll go ahead. As central government have nothing to do with the licensing of events I'm not really sure what Nicola Sturgeon has to do with it. Maybe the pic brigade do, but I've no idea who they are a or what their role is. I just hope they organise it for July. Might stop the less desirable types hanging about the Green. "

Oops PC brigade!

glasgow

"Sturgeon and her pc correct mob decided Kinross was a risk and made them move her pc brigade will definitely not allow a 3 day gig in Glasgow. A festival in a city centre will never happen over a weekend in summer never happen"

People are telling you it's happened before - Google gig on the green it was a 2 day festival on glasgow green and had massive bands. The only reason it wasn't continued is the organisers said it cost too much money but they've clearly changed their minds.

And it was definitely on a weekend when it happened previously. It was one of the best organised festivals I've been to in terms of set up and police managing it.

Glasgow West

"Sturgeon and her pc correct mob decided Kinross was a risk and made them move her pc brigade will definitely not allow a 3 day gig in Glasgow. A festival in a city centre will never happen over a weekend in summer never happen

People are telling you it's happened before - Google gig on the green it was a 2 day festival on glasgow green and had massive bands. The only reason it wasn't continued is the organisers said it cost too much money but they've clearly changed their minds.

And it was definitely on a weekend when it happened previously. It was one of the best organised festivals I've been to in terms of set up and police managing it."

Everyone goes on about jess and how they ruined T a festival in a city centre = Ned central it would be chaos

Methadone mick and thousands of his pals lol

st andrews

"Sturgeon and her pc correct mob decided Kinross was a risk and made them move"

Can you link me to the evidence for that, please?

Well it was a perfectly good site for years then they decide there is a pipeline running under it so made them move. Scottish government decision cost the area millions in revenue. The usual big brother or in this case sister knows best. Well done Scotland has a rich vein of musical talent that has now less and less outlets to showcase it because of bureaucratic nonsense.

Bring it back to Hamilton....was great having a festival on my doorstep

By *atmanhMan  over a year ago

bellshill

Move it back to original site

Easier to get to

By *heesyheadbandMan  over a year ago

Glenrothes

Last time I was at T a flying bottle just missed my head while dancing in the Slam tent, decided never to go back after that, it's full of fannies and I couldn't give two fooks wither its cancelled or not.

st andrews

"Well it was a perfectly good site for years then they decide there is a pipeline running under it so made them move. Scottish government decision cost the area millions in revenue. The usual big brother or in this case sister knows best. Well done Scotland has a rich vein of musical talent that has now less and less outlets to showcase it because of bureaucratic nonsense. "

So, no link then?

Its homes strathy mate, but I agree sturgeons a wee cow pig in lipstick.

"Bring it back to Hamilton....was great having a festival on my doorstep "

Motherwell ya mean

"Bring it back to Hamilton....was great having a festival on my doorstep

Motherwell ya mean"

Nope, definitely Hamilton lol

glasgow

I dunno why op is so bitter - location shouldn't matter as long as it's in Scotland the money will go to Scotland and dare I say it regardless of location the Scottish government will get their cut.

Location is irrelevant - if there's a good line up people will travel from all over. I travel for work and the people I know that love festivals won't care that it's in Glasgow-it'll actually make it easier for them I imagine in terms of travel etc

As for the "meth heads" and such like you feel glasgow will attract - any festival attracts undesirables, it's unavoidable regardless of location!

Link is T cancelled due to opticians meddling in stuff they has no knowledge of, party in power sturgeons goons go figure the list is endless they wants what's best for Scotland no they don't they want what's best for them and to hell with the people they are ment to listen to. Not in touch with reality.

Motherwell ya mean

Nope, definitely Hamilton lol "

Wrong side of the clyde lol..

"Link is T cancelled due to opticians meddling in stuff they has no knowledge of, party in power sturgeons goons go figure the list is endless they wants what's best for Scotland no they don't they want what's best for them and to hell with the people they are ment to listen to. Not in touch with reality. "

Simple rule SNP out

By *atmanhMan  over a year ago

bellshill

Motherwell ya mean

Nope, definitely Hamilton lol "

Depended on where you parked lol

glasgow

"Link is T cancelled due to opticians meddling in stuff they has no knowledge of, party in power sturgeons goons go figure the list is endless they wants what's best for Scotland no they don't they want what's best for them and to hell with the people they are ment to listen to. Not in touch with reality. "

Do you not see the connection that the same organisers have been looking at a glasgow festival for ages as an alternative? So it may actually be their choice to try that again??

Nicola sturgeon gets a cut regardless of where the event is held so I find it really hard to agree with your arguement about her being to blame. And I can guarantee you I'm not a fan of her at all

st andrews

That was just a jumble and I can't make anything out but hate.

I would assume that the people who know best about why T was moved would be the organisers themselves, and if it was due to safety then that's a good thing because people's safety should come first.

I have no love for the SNP or Sturgeon either, but I'm not saying the reason I have a ding in the side of my car from trying not to hit a car parked opposite my drive is because the government allows cars to park on the road. I could say that, but it wouldn't be true, would it?

st andrews

The point I'm making is - not everything is about the government. Hard to believe in these fun times, but there you go.

I don't care where it goes if it goes anywhere my point is that yet again the out of touch so called do Golders feel they have to power to say what's right and what's not. And god forbid what might happen if they stick 60000 folk in Glasgow city centre oh and where do I pitch my RV?

st andrews

Your point is that you feel the government is to blame for everything, which they're not. If you run out of cornflakes, is that their fault too?

Nothing to do with government T were told to re apply for license and were told by SNP on the qt it would not be granted after two years ago applauding it's move to Perthshire hypocrisy on a massive scale

st andrews

If you want to start a thread bashing the SNP, then do that, and those of us who have no interest in it can avoid it. Don't dress up your argument as something else.

No if I do something wrong I stand up and hold my hands up you ever hear the emperors say she's wrong .NEVER

st andrews

"Nothing to do with government T were told to re apply for license and were told by SNP on the qt it would not be granted after two years ago applauding it's move to Perthshire hypocrisy on a massive scale"

And who told you they were told that? Where is your evidence? Or are you just believing every word you read in the papers? Because we know how truthful they are lol

glasgow

"I don't care where it goes if it goes anywhere my point is that yet again the out of touch so called do Golders feel they have to power to say what's right and what's not. And god forbid what might happen if they stick 60000 folk in Glasgow city centre oh and where do I pitch my RV?"

Is there a reason youre repeatedly avoiding the fact that people are pointing out a 3 day festival has been held successfully in Glasgow green in previous years by the same organisers?

And that the location was hailed in terms of safety and having a more central located festival made it better for emergency services if required..

Bey it's fact I voted snp you can take my words however you feel but it's how it is

st andrews

"No if I do something wrong I stand up and hold my hands up you ever hear the emperors say she's wrong .NEVER"

I couldn't give a shit if she does or doesn't. She's a politician, they're all the same and I treat them accordingly. But I don't blame everything that happens on them, that's just weird.

But carry on with your little rant, if it makes you feel better. Better out than in, and all that. Me, I prefer reasoned discussion so I'll head elsewhere. Have a good weekend and don't get your tinsel in a tangle

Read the Scottish raptors report 2 years ago it was all laid out in black and white

So you agree in principle they are lying devious so & so's

glasgow

I'm pretty sure if she had a hidden agenda she wouldn't have let the organisers set up another 3 day event in Glasgow.

If I was to hazard an educated guess given my occupation as someone that gives advice to large businesses I'd guess that they see potential for more financial gain in a city centre event and are wanting to test the waters again so to speak

glasgow

But feel free to continue avoiding my previous questions

The 3 day event is paper talk but let's see. I would be surprised if that gets the go ahead jeez they cancelled this year because of two ospreys or so we are led to believe what chace a festival in Glasgow mmmmmm

And the question was

glasgow

"I don't care where it goes if it goes anywhere my point is that yet again the out of touch so called do Golders feel they have to power to say what's right and what's not. And god forbid what might happen if they stick 60000 folk in Glasgow city centre oh and where do I pitch my RV?

Is there a reason youre repeatedly avoiding the fact that people are pointing out a 3 day festival has been held successfully in Glasgow green in previous years by the same organisers?

And that the location was hailed in terms of safety and having a more central located festival made it better for emergency services if required.."

This one

Just like Perthshire was hailed as the new home for T and was ruined by the PC brigade hey I hope it goes to Glasgow and does well but I have a funny feeling should it be confirmed the PC brigade will find some reason to put the mockers on it.

I would just like to clarify to the canny readers on this thread I am not knocking the SNP per say it is the machine the fact that they say one thing and do another. I have had the most fantastic memories ever at T meeting the foo's flying 8000 miles to get there for the Sunday and many more it is a Scottish institution that like so many other thing the politicians stick there noses into is now left smouldering on the trash heep a hobo with no real identity. And to the folk who say good riddance it won alot of plaudits within the festival world and was the envy of alot of countris

....countries

Used to go when decent bands played there.

Escalating security costs are to blame for cancellation of many outdoor events.

Remember going to the Green where they made the simple error of putting Eminem and Marilyn Manson on the same bill. D*unken, spaced out NEDS caused a riot which culminated in Marshall Mathers having to abandon his set.

TITP has also become boring. Last time I was there I couldn't distinguish when the first band ended and the last band began it was too similar pish sound that is too evident at these festivals now.

Doesn't matter where the venue is there will be the same security issues and costs, the same shit bands, the same shit NEDS that turn up, not for the music but just for a weekend of mayhem, AND the same astronomical prices for food and drink.

As someone has stated earlier there are a number of smaller festivals run all over Scotland with less hassle, less need for high profile security and better music.

There is a plethora of musical talent out there and yes some of them do make it into the smaller tents at TITP why don't they organise smaller 2 day festivals for those type of bands with their own following in attendance instead of lumping every genre of music into one big headache of a festival that just invites trouble

My tuppence worth from a musician who loves playing open air shows

Rock start well said

Motherwell ya mean

Nope, definitely Hamilton lol

Wrong side of the clyde lol.. "

It was located on the Hamilton palace grounds so I'm assuming you mean the wrong side of the clyde for you

By *orthseatiger69Man  over a year ago

Ayrshire /North lanarshire

Rewind festival for me

"Yeh there's a oil pipe runs through the site but it's been there from day one. Concrete it in. Ayr too out of the way for alot of folk "

apart from the people that stay in Ayr and the surronding areas

"Yeh there's a oil pipe runs through the site but it's been there from day one. Concrete it in. Ayr too out of the way for alot of folk

apart from the people that stay in Ayr and the surronding areas "

The massive crowds at the airshow in Prestwick the last few years show that plenty people can make their way to Ayshire.

An airshow crowd is a slightly different proposition to a 4 day festival. Lol. They used to have all nighters in Prestwick terminal again a different proposition

"An airshow crowd is a slightly different proposition to a 4 day festival. Lol. They used to have all nighters in Prestwick terminal again a different proposition "

So you don't think the transport network, and local businesses could cope for those four days, or are you just going to continue being obtuse, just because you can't get what you want?

It certainly comes across as the latter, to me.

Obtuse lol not at all I'm sure the infrastucture cope and it's nothing about having my way it's about the fact that we are held to ransom by the H&S beaks if you read the whole thread you would see that and to be factual the Ayrshire coast ain't got a good historical track record when it comes to musical event look up clubs in saltcoats not good reading

"Obtuse lol not at all I'm sure the infrastucture cope and it's nothing about having my way it's about the fact that we are held to ransom by the H&S beaks if you read the whole thread you would see that and to be factual the Ayrshire coast ain't got a good historical track record when it comes to musical event look up clubs in saltcoats not good reading"

You are just being awkward. End of discussion.

Lol just like the politicians their view being that they are right and your opinion doesn't matter everyone is allowed an opinion whether you agree with it or not

By *ig tit chickWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Ayr seems the logical place more than enough room to accommodate, obviously it never worked out at Strathallan, I was there both years and it was terrible, but if they can put a festival in a place with one road in and out Ayr is more than sutable, the people that would have to travel further to get to Ayr that's the luck of the draw most things are planned with Glasgow in mind, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and surrounding areas don't really get thought about, that's the way the cookie crumbles

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Obtuse lol not at all I'm sure the infrastucture cope and it's nothing about having my way it's about the fact that we are held to ransom by the H&S beaks if you read the whole thread you would see that and to be factual the Ayrshire coast ain't got a good historical track record when it comes to musical event look up clubs in saltcoats not good reading"

Not sure what clubs have got to do with outdoor gigs. Irvine had Oasis back in the day and I think they had some Radio 1 roadshows as well.

» Add a new message to this topic