FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Fit & Healthy

Fit & Healthy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oobsandballs OP   Man  over a year ago

st andrews

As we have been talking lately about having more topics to discuss, I've stolen this from the lounge.

Share your aims, goals for getting fitter or losing weight. Maybe you've already achieved what you want to, so feel free to share how well you've done already. And if you're struggling we can encourage each other too.

I've put on a bit of weight as I've been so busy with moving house, family illnesses and Christmas. Tomorrow I will be back on the diet and at the gym, knuckling down to get fitter for summer.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just bought a book called Lean in 15, so going to try and eat healthier and get fitter this year

Me and a mate have challenged each other to go running every nite to see who can go the most consecutive nites.

3 miles per nite minimum.

I'm definitely getting back on the wagon and losing more weight and feeling more positive about myself Mrs

We both intend to right the wrongs with regards to health and fitness. Have a wedding to focus on early this year (not ours....yet ), so that is giving a point in time to focus on for starters.

I Mr have done well the past couple of years and lost two and a half stone and got a bit fitter. Have stalled in recent times for various reasons and looking to rectify that this year for good.

People scoff about those who make plans and resolutions at the turn of the year, but having goals can only be a good thing. I hope all you guys are feeling positive and get to where you want to be in 2017!!

P xx

Cleaner eating, less booze (this month at least), and back to exercise instead of being sloth-like

By *orthseatiger69Man  over a year ago

Ayrshire /North lanarshire

Plan to continue what I started in 2016. Enjoying RPM, body pump , combat for cardio and weight training for strength. So far 7kg lost

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Started my journey back in September and I have lost 2 stones so far. Half a stone still to go.

Hard work but am determined.

I find being in the right mind set did help me a lot as well as small tips taken from herbology to add to my diet.

Good luck to everyone x

By *srataFMan  over a year ago

edin/aberdeen/dundee/glasgow

I'm going to eat as much chocolate cake and pizza as I can this year. X

By *arried adventurers!Couple  over a year ago

North Lanarkshire

I'm doing slimming word and my goal is to lose 3 stone for my holiday in may. I've lost 12.5lbs over the last 4 weeks.

Feeling great for doing it and looking forward to getting into a bikini

"I'm doing slimming word and my goal is to lose 3 stone for my holiday in may. I've lost 12.5lbs over the last 4 weeks.

Feeling great for doing it and looking forward to getting into a bikini "

Great stuff.....you can do it

By *appyDeviantsCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Two stone off at slimming world and a bonus weight loss over Christmas ,Ive moved my target for now

"Two stone off at slimming world and a bonus weight loss over Christmas ,Ive moved my target for now "

It's great when you can move the targets you have set . I have moved mines quicker than ecoetecf

I started my journey 2years ago on christmas eve i weighted 12st5 which meant i had lost 5st12 i want to get to 12st 3lb so i can say i have lost 6stone. This year will be about toning and adding muscle.

Watch this space, i pretty much follow sliming world send me any questions if you need help

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

I'm terrible for comfort eating and skipping meals. So I've decided to work more on making myself happier before I attempt weight loss.

Good luck to you all

By *ightfall79Man  over a year ago

Dunbartonshire

I done well the last 3 months of last year losing 7KG and eating better.

Last two weeks that has gone to pot so my aim for 2017 is stay of drink and train harder.

Plan on losing another 5KG in the first two months of this year , Then after that build up muscle mass once again.

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

I plan on fixing my head out first hopefully I can work down from there unless my brain is in my big toe

By *uilty_pleasuresCouple  over a year ago

Dundee

Promised myself I would loose weight this year (2016)did a lot of talking but not much more.

Looking to do a lot better this year, got March as my first goal then big family holiday in October.... hoping for a stone and 2 if possible. Eat less move more!

I've lost 2 stone already (probably put about 1/2 a stone back on over last 2 weeks lol) going back on my plan this week and start training for at least a 5km, I'm doing the 90 day body coach plan

I'm taking up Brazilian Jujitsu this year. Have a back ground in martial arts and always fancied bjj. So this year is the year I finally take it up.

I want to lose a couple of stone and just tone up. Probably just go out running and self train to be honest

By *yan19Man  over a year ago

NLC

My goal is just to get a gym membership as I've been going swimming and sauna twice a week since December and walking with my weight vest for 2-3 hours and jogging with it for a hour be nice to have company when I go tho but mainly just want to work on my arms a bit more before I go get them tattooed

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

Back to gym tomorrow, had 5 weeks out due to work, dreading morning after 1st session already lol

Edinburgh

"I want to lose a couple of stone and just tone up. Probably just go out running and self train to be honest "

You can do it! I have lost that in 3 months, running 3 times a week between 5/6 km per session and using low carb and sugar free diet.

Good luck

Yeh I've always been around 12st but put a few on recently. Not getting any younger so time to shift in

Edinburgh

"Yeh I've always been around 12st but put a few on recently. Not getting any younger so time to shift in "

You're a young thingy lol you will shift it in no time

Hmm I don't feel young! My age is the perfect balance between youth and experience

Edinburgh

"Hmm I don't feel young! My age is the perfect balance between youth and experience"

st andrews

That all sounds great, good luck everyone

Had a meh night at work and can't be bothered with the gym in the morning, but nevertheless I've packed my gym bag and laid out my gear all ready so I will be going

I got a P.T and started training around 2 months ago.

I've started to get some muscles but my diet has really let me down.

I had lost 1.2 stone from summer but managed to put on 8lbs this month.

So my goals for this year are keep training with my P.T

Actually diet the way he wants me to instead of thinking I know best

Do a bit of cardio each day to try help me as I near pass out or puke when training at the gym.

I'm hoping to be at least 2 stone lighter by June for our trip to London

"I got a P.T and started training around 2 months ago.

Do a bit of cardio each day to try help me as I near pass out or puke when training at the gym.

I'm hoping to be at least 2 stone lighter by June for our trip to London "

The food diary is the hardsest to look at after what you thought you had eaten v what you have actually ate

The food diary is the hardsest to look at after what you thought you had eaten v what you have actually ate "

I used to do that, God knows why I stopped. My main problem is I'm such a fussy eater I don't like most the stuff diet plans tell you to stick to. Guess I'm just going to have to learn to like it.

The food diary is the hardsest to look at after what you thought you had eaten v what you have actually ate

I used to do that, God knows why I stopped. My main problem is I'm such a fussy eater I don't like most the stuff diet plans tell you to stick to. Guess I'm just going to have to learn to like it."

It's difficult to follow at work but try as best I can with a healthy option. Nightshift is especially difficult and either stick to light snack, fruit or whey protein shake

Edinburgh

I used to do that, God knows why I stopped. My main problem is I'm such a fussy eater I don't like most the stuff diet plans tell you to stick to. Guess I'm just going to have to learn to like it."

I like my food and cooking. And I know that if I limit myself only to diet books and greens etc.. I will just fall off the wagon and it won't be pretty lol

So I have a food diary, I have reduced portions, switched to brown bread. And learned about food combinations that don't agree with me!

That has made a huge difference.

Good luck to you

st andrews

Off to a great start this morning - got as far as the gym changing room and C called, ended up chatting for an hour and completely missed my workout! Whoops!

I used to do that, God knows why I stopped. My main problem is I'm such a fussy eater I don't like most the stuff diet plans tell you to stick to. Guess I'm just going to have to learn to like it.

I like my food and cooking. And I know that if I limit myself only to diet books and greens etc.. I will just fall off the wagon and it won't be pretty lol

So I have a food diary, I have reduced portions, switched to brown bread. And learned about food combinations that don't agree with me!

That has made a huge difference.

Good luck to you "

Thanks Max, I will get there this time

By *srataFMan  over a year ago

edin/aberdeen/dundee/glasgow

A little bit of inspiration I tell myself when I can't be bothered training or find it hard with my diet etc is.....

Anything worth having is worth working hard for.

So if you set out a goal for the body you want weather it's to lose weight or get fitter go out and get it x

By *atex and KinkCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

Life goals to achieve...... Miss kink has a wedding dress to fit into....

Edinburgh

I was looking at races to do this year to spice up my training and I came across this. Sounds fun and thought I would share with you guys!

*Sorry for capital letters, I copied and pasted*

RUNDEAD, THE UK’S NEWEST CITY WIDE ZOMBIE RUN AND SURVIVAL EVENT.

GLASGOW – 25TH FEBRUARY 2017 (SOLD OUT)

GLASGOW – 4TH MARCH 2017

FROM THE MOMENT YOU ARRIVE AT RUNDEAD, YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO A POST APOCALYPTIC WORLD, WHERE THE VERY SURVIVAL OF MANKIND WILL DEPEND ON YOU AND YOUR TEAM MATES SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING YOUR MISSIONS.

YOU WILL HAVE MISSIONS TO COMPLETE, SUPPLIES TO COLLECT, SURVIVORS TO SAVE AND ALONG THE ROUTE YOU WILL HAVE NUMEROUS CHARACTERS TO INTERACT WITH. YOU CHOOSE THE WAY THE GAME RUNS, THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE WILL EFFECT THE OUTCOME OF YOUR EXPERIENCE.

Over 18's only.

stirling

"I was looking at races to do this year to spice up my training and I came across this. Sounds fun and thought I would share with you guys!

GLASGOW – 4TH MARCH 2017

FROM THE MOMENT YOU ARRIVE AT RUNDEAD, YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO A POST APOCALYPTIC WORLD, WHERE THE VERY SURVIVAL OF MANKIND WILL DEPEND ON YOU AND YOUR TEAM MATES SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING YOUR MISSIONS.

YOU WILL HAVE MISSIONS TO COMPLETE, SUPPLIES TO COLLECT, SURVIVORS TO SAVE AND ALONG THE ROUTE YOU WILL HAVE NUMEROUS CHARACTERS TO INTERACT WITH. YOU CHOOSE THE WAY THE GAME RUNS, THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE WILL EFFECT THE OUTCOME OF YOUR EXPERIENCE.

Over 18's only.

"

You thinking of a team max?

st andrews

I've always wanted to do a zombie run but that's my friend's birthday so wouldn't make it

Edinburgh

"I was looking at races to do this year to spice up my training and I came across this. Sounds fun and thought I would share with you guys!

GLASGOW – 4TH MARCH 2017

Over 18's only.

You thinking of a team max? "

lol it starts at 7pm I should have said, so gonna be darrrkkk

and it is over 18 'cos it's scaryyy am not good with scary

stirling

GLASGOW – 4TH MARCH 2017

Over 18's only.

You thinking of a team max?

lol it starts at 7pm I should have said, so gonna be darrrkkk

and it is over 18 'cos it's scaryyy am not good with scary "

I'm sure you'd be well protected, I'd be up for it if others are

By *axwell269Man  over a year ago

connel

Do you cycle, get urself cycling, tones all ur muscles. Only problem is fresh air makes u hungry for sweet things.. Energy

More of the same for me. I've added another 500 miles onto my achieved this year. So aiming for 2000 miles in 2017. Also got myself a heart rate monitor so I can understand better how my best to train.

I could do with eating less cheese and drinking less wine, but more than likely I'll last a month then cave. Like every other January!

stirling

"I could do with eating less cheese and drinking less wine, but more than likely I'll last a month then cave. Like every other January! "

Why not get a bike, go for a long ride and have a cheese n wine picnic

st andrews

I miss cheese, had to stop eating so much of it

"I could do with eating less cheese and drinking less wine, but more than likely I'll last a month then cave. Like every other January!

Why not get a bike, go for a long ride and have a cheese n wine picnic "

Cause it's winter silly, and a bike ride seems like a waste of energy id rather do something more fun.

"I miss cheese, had to stop eating so much of it "

I'm addicted! Lol

st andrews

"I miss cheese, had to stop eating so much of it

I'm addicted! Lol"

Asda used to do a cheddar with chutney, was not happy when they stopped making it. Although my waistline is grateful lol

stirling

"I could do with eating less cheese and drinking less wine, but more than likely I'll last a month then cave. Like every other January!

Why not get a bike, go for a long ride and have a cheese n wine picnic

Cause it's winter silly, and a bike ride seems like a waste of energy id rather do something more fun. "

Fun with cheese? Or a different type of fun

stirling

"I miss cheese, had to stop eating so much of it

I'm addicted! Lol"

You'd get on well with ma wee mouse lol

By *ithardscotMan  over a year ago

Kelty

I want to get more personal training in both for fitness and to achieve a personal goal in my martial art.

I am an ex semi pro boxer and martial artist.

I lost 3 stone in 2016 and have another one to go to reach my goal.

Gyms.........who needs them

I manage my diet and walk a minimum of 10,000 steps daily.

I also get out into the hills as often as I can

Tore ligaments in my knee the week before Xmas to 2017 won't kick start until that heals

"I'm doing slimming word and my goal is to lose 3 stone for my holiday in may. I've lost 12.5lbs over the last 4 weeks.

Feeling great for doing it and looking forward to getting into a bikini "

Wow! Well done! I have convinced the hubby to come to slimming world with me. I lost almost two stone for our wedding but unfortunately I've found every pound previously lost! Also going to do the couch to 5k challenge

Healthy food shop done. Joining SW tomorrow. PT booked. Bring on a healthy, slim and filthy 2017

st andrews

Up at 6am for the gym

By *appyDeviantsCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Healthy food shop done. Joining SW tomorrow. PT booked. Bring on a healthy, slim and filthy 2017 "
half price vouchers in Bella magazine for joining

"More of the same for me. I've added another 500 miles onto my achieved this year. So aiming for 2000 miles in 2017. Also got myself a heart rate monitor so I can understand better how my best to train.

"

I always expect my monitor to suddenly stop bleeping

By *uzanne and RickyCouple  over a year ago

Midlothian

Well done to everyone and what a great thread. I lost 36 lb on the Aitkins/ low carb and jogging/ swimming but it's hard to maintain. After putting a fair bit back on I'm trying slimming world although I'm nowhere near a big as I was. I'm confident that by the summer holidays I'll be back to being more toned and a wee bit slimmer.

Well done again to everyone trying, you may not succeed but at least your trying. Good luck.

R

By *antinsomefun44Couple  over a year ago

ayrshire

I have been doing slimming world since march and also a weights programme at gym since may and have lost nearly 4 stones. A few pounds put on over xmas but back on it and back to gym this morning. Good luck and well done to every1 and their goals. This can be done with determination xxxxxx

st andrews

Congratulations!

I had a good workout this morning, but need to change up my routine I think so will be researching other exercises today, and back to yoga tomorrow night.

Plus a good catchup with my gym buddy this morning

Had my session with my P.T yesterday morning.

Managed to get through my workout in record time without nearly passing out or being sick.

I'm very proud of myself

By *exy gentMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

Have had a injured foot for the last 8 months and fallen completely off the wagon,new year resolution is to get back on it and train as hard as I can as and when I can

Well since October ive done nothing but be lazy so..

Muay thai 4x a week and Boxing 2x a week. That should tone me up again

Edinburgh

"Had my session with my P.T yesterday morning.

Managed to get through my workout in record time without nearly passing out or being sick.

I'm very proud of myself "

Bravo

Edinburgh

"Well since October ive done nothing but be lazy so..

Muay thai 4x a week and Boxing 2x a week. That should tone me up again "

Certainly should

I wish I was back in my 20s lol Muay thai and MMA are defo arts I would have liked to have developed as I love my martial arts!

In my next life may be lol

By *earded villainMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Only thing that works well for me is reducing carbs and sugars whilst upping the protein .

Crossfit 4 or 5 times a week so still need complex carbs in my fiet or i just gas out with low energy levels .

Thinking of going paleo for a bit and see how that goes

Edinburgh

"Only thing that works well for me is reducing carbs and sugars whilst upping the protein .

Crossfit 4 or 5 times a week so still need complex carbs in my fiet or i just gas out with low energy levels .

Thinking of going paleo for a bit and see how that goes "

I have done the same, low carb and low sugar and it works a treat combined with my running.

Paleo looks interesting but I don't fancy it as a only diet so I have juggled some of the recipes with my low carb/sugar and high protein diet.

There are some great recipes and valuable info on Paleo diet on Pinterest. Worth having a look in my opinion

"Only thing that works well for me is reducing carbs and sugars whilst upping the protein .

Thinking of going paleo for a bit and see how that goes "

This is where I really struggle, I'm such a fussy eater most foods I can eat are low protein high carbs.

I'm considering getting hypnotherapy to see if thst can help.

Edinburgh

This is where I really struggle, I'm such a fussy eater most foods I can eat are low protein high carbs.

I'm considering getting hypnotherapy to see if thst can help."

Personally, I would use the money to keep your PT for as long as possible and try cutting your portions and juggle things a bit by searching for recipes and cook ahead. Stop the snacking if you can.

I used to work besides a very good hypnotherapist. A good one is about £75 for a session and you will need between 4 or 6 sessions for weight loss.

Also remember that eating pattern can originate from other inner issues so hypnotherapy weight loss is not the answer for everyone.

That is of course what I took from chatting with her.

Good luck x

Personally, I would use the money to keep your PT for as long as possible and try cutting your portions and juggle things a bit by searching for recipes and cook ahead. Stop the snacking if you can.

I used to work besides a very good hypnotherapist. A good one is about £75 for a session and you will need between 4 or 6 sessions for weight loss.

Also remember that eating pattern can originate from other inner issues so hypnotherapy weight loss is not the answer for everyone.

Good luck x"

My problems with food come from childhood, I'd cause that much of a fuss my mum out of quickness would just make me something diffrent normally a tin of beans n sausages.

Scientifically speaking your taste buds don't have tastes they like or dislike it's all decisions you have made. I am getting better and have started juicing to get fruit n veg into me and I actually have forced myself to like home made soup but I still can't stop cravings for chips,cheese and curry sauce

My P.T I think is on the verge of strangling me as he has gave me a diet, he pushes me each week and I still managed to get fatter lol

Edinburgh

Good luck x

My problems with food come from childhood, I'd cause that much of a fuss my mum out of quickness would just make me something diffrent normally a tin of beans n sausages.

Scientifically speaking your taste buds don't have tastes they like or dislike it's all decisions you have made. I am getting better and have started juicing to get fruit n veg into me and I actually have forced myself to like home made soup but I still can't stop cravings for chips,cheese and curry sauce

My P.T I think is on the verge of strangling me as he has gave me a diet, he pushes me each week and I still managed to get fatter lol"

That something I disagree on.

Giving people diet. Only you can change your diet. We all know what we should ideally be eating!

First thing I said to my young PT a while back was.

'Right, am gonna put the effort in BUT.... I am 40 years old. I know my body by now, what I can do and can't do, by now I know what I should eat and should not eat! So let the diet to me and find alternative when I say I can't do this or that.'

And we got on like a house on fire!

Speak to you PT, look at recipes etc...

As for taste bugs, we obviously have likes or dislikes hence the salivating process. Hence why also companies change their products depending on the country.

Chips, may be go for baked potatoes with tuna.

I like baked beans but full of sugar.

Play about with Pinterest they have lots recipes for low carb x

st andrews

Think I overdid it yesterday - 1hr workout on my own followed by 30 mins of legs bums and tums, then a 10hr shift where I'm mostly on my feet.

My back was not happy with me by bedtime, amatryptaline deployed!

Ok this morning though and another good workout

"Think I overdid it yesterday - 1hr workout on my own followed by 30 mins of legs bums and tums, then a 10hr shift where I'm mostly on my feet.

My back was not happy with me by bedtime, amatryptaline deployed!

Ok this morning though and another good workout "

Think of all the cals burned. All worth it just doesn't feel that way at the time.

Edinburgh

Endurance run completed, 7k!

Well chuffed with maself lol

"Endurance run completed, 7k!

Well chuffed with maself lol "

So you should be, well done max

I walked to the bakers and back for cake

By *ilshyxWoman  over a year ago

happy lil world

Slimming world & Charlotte Crosby dvd. Hope to train this year for the bubble run in aid of a hospice

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

I could definitely do with getting fitter.

Edinburgh

"Endurance run completed, 7k!

Well chuffed with maself lol

So you should be, well done max"

Thanks, I might not be so happy in the morning when I try to use my legs lol

By *jolMan  over a year ago

Angus

Back to the grind also. Now injury free after a long lay off so definitely time to hit the cardio and weights again in the effort to regain the fitness that's lost.

Edinburgh

"Back to the grind also. Now injury free after a long lay off so definitely time to hit the cardio and weights again in the effort to regain the fitness that's lost."

Good luck Fj

2 lbs off this week. Normally that would be something to celebrate but still git another 6lbs to go untill I'm at the starting point of my diet.

How are you all getting on?

Edinburgh

"2 lbs off this week. Normally that would be something to celebrate but still git another 6lbs to go untill I'm at the starting point of my diet.

How are you all getting on?"

that's good though! Well done!

Better lbs off than on

Got on ok with my diet this week but I think Saturday is going to compromise that lol

st andrews

Had my first yoga session in a few months. Bit stiff and sore thanks to a sciatica flare up.

Just need to get the diet under control!

Midlothian

Some great achievements on here. Gutted that I still can't train,but come hell or high water I will be training somehow starting next week

"As we have been talking lately about having more topics to discuss, I've stolen this from the lounge.

Share your aims, goals for getting fitter or losing weight. Maybe you've already achieved what you want to, so feel free to share how well you've done already. And if you're struggling we can encourage each other too.

I know why you blocked im sure I've spoke to you at my work and you think I'm going to say something

I've put on a bit of weight as I've been so busy with moving house, family illnesses and Christmas. Tomorrow I will be back on the diet and at the gym, knuckling down to get fitter for summer."

st andrews

"Some great achievements on here. Gutted that I still can't train,but come hell or high water I will be training somehow starting next week "

You can do it!

Edinburgh

"Some great achievements on here. Gutted that I still can't train,but come hell or high water I will be training somehow starting next week

You can do it! "

and start slow if you had an injury

Edinburgh

Interval training for me this afternoon not looking forward to it

st andrews

"Interval training for me this afternoon not looking forward to it "

Hope you're doing it indoors! Brrrrr! I miss circuits on a Monday but enjoying body pump on Fridays

Edinburgh

"Interval training for me this afternoon not looking forward to it

Hope you're doing it indoors! Brrrrr! I miss circuits on a Monday but enjoying body pump on Fridays "

Well, I was planning to go outside.

Not too keen on treadmills.

Body pump is good fun but... hard!

st andrews

Hope you're doing it indoors! Brrrrr! I miss circuits on a Monday but enjoying body pump on Fridays

"

I managed not to drop the bar on my face this morning so I'm taking that as a win

Edinburgh

I managed not to drop the bar on my face this morning so I'm taking that as a win "

Haha

I nearly passed out at the gym today. Only done a little bit then had to stop

As much as it hurts and was embarrassing it's been a wake up call that I will need to start going more often.

st andrews

Haven't lost any weight this week

But never mind, onwards and upwards!

V

Edinburgh

"I nearly passed out at the gym today. Only done a little bit then had to stop

As much as it hurts and was embarrassing it's been a wake up call that I will need to start going more often."

Ooh! Was your sugar level low? A banana a bit before working out can help if this was the case or another slow sugar release food.

Good luck for this week

Edinburgh

"Haven't lost any weight this week

V "

I don't think I have either after the drinks on Saturday

We just have to be good this week V

st andrews

"Haven't lost any weight this week

V

I don't think I have either after the drinks on Saturday

We just have to be good this week V "

I'll just need to avoid looking at the biscuits and sweets all week!

As much as it hurts and was embarrassing it's been a wake up call that I will need to start going more often.

Ooh! Was your sugar level low? A banana a bit before working out can help if this was the case or another slow sugar release food.

Good luck for this week "

I've got a Nitric Oxide deficiency, few beetroot juices each day for a few weeks should sort it. Tbh I had totally forgotten about it untill I was researching why I went like that. But also a banana as I've discovered before a workout is not a bad idea.

Edinburgh

Good luck for this week

I've got a Nitric Oxide deficiency, few beetroot juices each day for a few weeks should sort it. Tbh I had totally forgotten about it untill I was researching why I went like that. But also a banana as I've discovered before a workout is not a bad idea."

Boots has a good range of supplement tablets if you don't like the juice.

Plus, this time of year a wee boost of multi-vitamins doesn't do any harm lol

Hopefully it settles down quickly for you

Good luck for this week

I've got a Nitric Oxide deficiency, few beetroot juices each day for a few weeks should sort it. Tbh I had totally forgotten about it untill I was researching why I went like that. But also a banana as I've discovered before a workout is not a bad idea.

Hopefully it settles down quickly for you "

I juice all my fruit and veg anyway since I'm so fussy. I just supplement fibre.

Unfortunately I've abused my body for so long eatting the west scotland diet most my life these things will happen. As long as I keep eliminating all these problems ill get there. Just hoping to hit my goals for my trip to London in June.

st andrews

Good luck for this week

I juice all my fruit and veg anyway since I'm so fussy. I just supplement fibre.

Unfortunately I've abused my body for so long eatting the west scotland diet most my life these things will happen. As long as I keep eliminating all these problems ill get there. Just hoping to hit my goals for my trip to London in June."

It's good to have something to aim for. I'm hoping to lose another stone and a half before the next ladies night

Edinburgh

Good luck for this week

Unfortunately I've abused my body for so long eatting the west scotland diet most my life these things will happen. As long as I keep eliminating all these problems ill get there. Just hoping to hit my goals for my trip to London in June."

Fingers crossed for you. And always good to have an objective .

I want to lose another stone before May. I have put my name down for a 5k cancer research run, so that's motivating me to go out running

Hope everything is still remaining motivated after the new year

Edinburgh

Well! That's my name down for the Cancer Research 5k run in May.

That will definitely keep me focused and losing more pounds while putting pounds in the Cancer Research funds!

Hope everyone is still doing great

st andrews

"Well! That's my name down for the Cancer Research 5k run in May.

That will definitely keep me focused and losing more pounds while putting pounds in the Cancer Research funds!

Hope everyone is still doing great "

Yay, good for you! I'm still plugging away at the gym, but spoke to a pharmacist this afternoon about my arm and she said I'm probably aggravating it by working out! So not sure what to do about that!

Edinburgh

Yay, good for you! I'm still plugging away at the gym, but spoke to a pharmacist this afternoon about my arm and she said I'm probably aggravating it by working out! So not sure what to do about that! "

If I remember well Body Pump has a lot of lifting with weights which will aggravate your elbow.

I would focus on core and legs exercises and completely rest the elbow for 2/3 weeks.

if you absolutely want to work on your arms may be go for a more gentle workout for a bit, try the resistance bands or the cycling type machine.

You can also check on YouTube 'elbow self taping technique' and you can buy the tape on Amazon.

My son had problems for 6 months with his shoulder, after 4 hours with the tape on, he was good as new.

Defo worth a look at the videos.

By *azinga84Man  over a year ago

Kilwinning

A coma and 10 days in hospital took 20 pounds off me...

Not the best way to lose weight but it definitely works lol

Edinburgh

"A coma and 10 days in hospital took 20 pounds off me...

Not the best way to lose weight but it definitely works lol"

Ouch! Lose fat and muscles!

Hope you're back on track now

st andrews

Yay, good for you! I'm still plugging away at the gym, but spoke to a pharmacist this afternoon about my arm and she said I'm probably aggravating it by working out! So not sure what to do about that!

If I remember well Body Pump has a lot of lifting with weights which will aggravate your elbow.

I would focus on core and legs exercises and completely rest the elbow for 2/3 weeks.

if you absolutely want to work on your arms may be go for a more gentle workout for a bit, try the resistance bands or the cycling type machine.

You can also check on YouTube 'elbow self taping technique' and you can buy the tape on Amazon.

My son had problems for 6 months with his shoulder, after 4 hours with the tape on, he was good as new.

Defo worth a look at the videos.

"

Ace, thanks Max

st andrews

Not the best way to lose weight but it definitely works lol"

Hope you're doing alright!

I'm calorie counting and use the Lifesum App from Apple. So far it seems to work for me and setting a goal is good. I start the year off well loose the weight and then come summer start enjoying myself again lol. By the time January is here it's back to the starting point again.

I also cycle frequently and have a fitness tracker to keep me focused. It's all a bit anal but I need a target to keep me going

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"I'm calorie counting and use the Lifesum App from Apple. So far it seems to work for me and setting a goal is good. I start the year off well loose the weight and then come summer start enjoying myself again lol. By the time January is here it's back to the starting point again.

I also cycle frequently and have a fitness tracker to keep me focused. It's all a bit anal but I need a target to keep me going "

not an ounce of fat on you lol

Edinburgh

"I'm calorie counting and use the Lifesum App from Apple. So far it seems to work for me and setting a goal is good. I start the year off well loose the weight and then come summer start enjoying myself again lol. By the time January is here it's back to the starting point again.

I also cycle frequently and have a fitness tracker to keep me focused. It's all a bit anal but I need a target to keep me going "

I usually put the weight on during the winter as I comfort eat! Cold and Long dark nights and all that.

Good luck and apps are a great help indeed

Kilwinning

Hope you're back on track now "

Seem to be doing okay now, back up to weight I was beforehand. Would rather be somewhere in between though...

Midlothian

Going to try a spinning class to mix it up with boot camp and good auld fashion running. Half marathon to aim for in may

Edinburgh

"Going to try a spinning class to mix it up with boot camp and good auld fashion running. Half marathon to aim for in may "

Starting with a 5k in May with a perso time to beat!

Wish I could do the 10k but don't wanna push my luck with reactive arthritis in some of my joints so got to be a good girl lol

Good luck with the preparation for your marathon

Edinburgh

Seem to be doing okay now, back up to weight I was beforehand. Would rather be somewhere in between though..."

Don't push yourself too hard though. Must have been hard on your system as a whole

Kilwinning

Seem to be doing okay now, back up to weight I was beforehand. Would rather be somewhere in between though...

Don't push yourself too hard though. Must have been hard on your system as a whole "

Yea my system is fecked, can barely work anymore...

By *p4funduoCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I am very lazy and find no time. I bet if i wore a pedomiter i walk loads x

st andrews

Morning all! Start of another week and I'm laying off the arm weights to try and give my elbow a chance to heal, and focusing on cardio and legs instead

"Morning all! Start of another week and I'm laying off the arm weights to try and give my elbow a chance to heal, and focusing on cardio and legs instead "

Morning V, I've finally shifted this man flu and worked out a diet for me to stick to. Hopefully I'll get rid of some of this spare tyre this week

Edinburgh

"Morning all! Start of another week and I'm laying off the arm weights to try and give my elbow a chance to heal, and focusing on cardio and legs instead

Morning V, I've finally shifted this man flu and worked out a diet for me to stick to. Hopefully I'll get rid of some of this spare tyre this week "

Good Luck

Edinburgh

"Morning all! Start of another week and I'm laying off the arm weights to try and give my elbow a chance to heal, and focusing on cardio and legs instead "

Morning V!

Wasn't 100% at the weekend but still went for my run So, my body is rebelling this morning!

Gentle session then!

Fingers crossed with your elbow x

st andrews

"Morning all! Start of another week and I'm laying off the arm weights to try and give my elbow a chance to heal, and focusing on cardio and legs instead

Morning V!

Wasn't 100% at the weekend but still went for my run So, my body is rebelling this morning!

Gentle session then!

"

Ouch, hope you're not too achey!

By *igD262Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Hi out side do my clients workouts in park first thing this morning it was nices cold but got them soon warm up love help people to keep fit

Edinburgh

Morning V!

Gentle session then!

Ouch, hope you're not too achey! "

Diving into the Arnica cream at 5am is not a good sign lol

Will try a gentle session tonight

Edinburgh

"Hi out side do my clients workouts in park first thing this morning it was nices cold but got them soon warm up love help people to keep fit "

Haha BigD

glasgow

"Hi out side do my clients workouts in park first thing this morning it was nices cold but got them soon warm up love help people to keep fit

Haha BigD"

hi my friend when they start at first they moan how cold it is but soon has they start they got smile on there faces so how are you I hope you are good

Edinburgh

"Hi out side do my clients workouts in park first thing this morning it was nices cold but got them soon warm up love help people to keep fit

Haha BigD hi my friend when they start at first they moan how cold it is but soon has they start they got smile on there faces so how are you I hope you are good "

Haha, I know exactly what you mean! I really don't like starting lol

Did too much yesterday! But will be back on track for my big Wednesday session!

I am training to do a 5k in under 30 minutes in May, 27 would be great. I am at 32mins at the mo and that's not pushing it lol

Any advice is welcome! Remember am old lol

glasgow

Haha BigD hi my friend when they start at first they moan how cold it is but soon has they start they got smile on there faces so how are you I hope you are good

I am training to do a 5k in under 30 minutes in May, 27 would be great. I am at 32mins at the mo and that's not pushing it lol

Any advice is welcome! Remember am old lol "

hi babe good for you you can do it my best time 19.45 but only did that time once my average time is 23mis go girl go you can do it

glasgow

Haha BigD hi my friend when they start at first they moan how cold it is but soon has they start they got smile on there faces so how are you I hope you are good

Any advice is welcome! Remember am old lol hi babe good for you you can do it my best time 19.45 but only did that time once my average time is 23mis go girl go you can do it "

hi babe best advice I can give you one I tell my self all time if yous are going out waves try go out on 2nd waves all best runners will go out in that one so let them go you go out 2nd one will keep you way from all fun runners who are just out to run it I always start off at slow pace to I find my feet and then just build up your run never go all out in middle of race because you will burn yourself out you what keep bit back for finnsh to get to time you what I hope that helps

Edinburgh

Any advice is welcome! Remember am old lol hi babe good for you you can do it my best time 19.45 but only did that time once my average time is 23mis go girl go you can do it hi babe best advice I can give you one I tell my self all time if yous are going out waves try go out on 2nd waves all best runners will go out in that one so let them go you go out 2nd one will keep you way from all fun runners who are just out to run it I always start off at slow pace to I find my feet and then just build up your run never go all out in middle of race because you will burn yourself out you what keep bit back for finnsh to get to time you what I hope that helps "

Thanks BigD, had forgotten about the waves. And I will try to find my race pace!

And try to remember that I am not as young lol I used to do cross country running competitions in France, in another life!

And wow that's a good time!

I will be happy with 27 minutes, and that's my sunny, dry, injury free time lol

Going to gym and wanting to lose 3 stone for B. C is watching what he eats and exercising a bit more too.

By *illnatMan  over a year ago

wherever i need to be

Getting off he happy pills this year was a major first step for me. Now I've just gotta lose the weight I out in after I stopped smoking. Aiming for 2-3 stone. So if I can kick the cigs and come off the happy pills without too many problems then surely weight must be a doddle pmsl

glasgow

Any advice is welcome! Remember am old lol hi babe good for you you can do it my best time 19.45 but only did that time once my average time is 23mis go girl go you can do it hi babe best advice I can give you one I tell my self all time if yous are going out waves try go out on 2nd waves all best runners will go out in that one so let them go you go out 2nd one will keep you way from all fun runners who are just out to run it I always start off at slow pace to I find my feet and then just build up your run never go all out in middle of race because you will burn yourself out you what keep bit back for finnsh to get to time you what I hope that helps

Thanks BigD, had forgotten about the waves. And I will try to find my race pace!

And try to remember that I am not as young lol I used to do cross country running competitions in France, in another life!

And wow that's a good time!

I will be happy with 27 minutes, and that's my sunny, dry, injury free time lol

"

your welcome

the 1 thing that got me toned and in shape the most was doing mma

Edinburgh

"the 1 thing that got me toned and in shape the most was doing mma "

Love my MMA but let's face it at 46 a sub's cage is more appealing than a Fighting cage

But agreed, it is a great workout

By *un4two16Couple  over a year ago

livingston

"My goal is just to get a gym membership as I've been going swimming and sauna twice a week since December and walking with my weight vest for 2-3 hours and jogging with it for a hour be nice to have company when I go tho but mainly just want to work on my arms a bit more before I go get them tattooed "

I'm looking for an arse kicker if you want to be my gym buddy haha with a body like that who wouldn't want to go to the gym with you lol

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I lost 3lbs in my first week of SlimmingWorld. Despite the girls night on Saturday and eating a delicious 3 course dinner and drinking!

Fitbit is encouraging me to walk more but I'm still recovering from a torn calf muscle a few months ago. I'm aiming for 6000 steps a day just now. Went swimming and trying gentle exercises at the gym.

Edinburgh

"I lost 3lbs in my first week of SlimmingWorld. Despite the girls night on Saturday and eating a delicious 3 course dinner and drinking!

Fitbit is encouraging me to walk more but I'm still recovering from a torn calf muscle a few months ago. I'm aiming for 6000 steps a day just now. Went swimming and trying gentle exercises at the gym. "

Well done Fiona, particularly after a night out!

Well my goal was to get back into.my road cycling club so got a very new expensive bike and,went out cycled 28 mile

st andrews

"I lost 3lbs in my first week of SlimmingWorld. Despite the girls night on Saturday and eating a delicious 3 course dinner and drinking!

Fitbit is encouraging me to walk more but I'm still recovering from a torn calf muscle a few months ago. I'm aiming for 6000 steps a day just now. Went swimming and trying gentle exercises at the gym. "

Well done! I didn't get to bed until 4 so didn't get to the gym before work!

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Fitbit is encouraging me to walk more but I'm still recovering from a torn calf muscle a few months ago. I'm aiming for 6000 steps a day just now. Went swimming and trying gentle exercises at the gym.

Well done! I didn't get to bed until 4 so didn't get to the gym before work! "

I'm sure you still had a workout !

I wasn't going to let a diet spoil Saturday night. It was great fun.

first on my list was to give up cigars not had any since 31st dec .2nd was to loose a stone ,thats proving a harder nut to crack but as only lost a few lbs so far but will carry on till i reach the target .never give up .

st andrews

[Removed by poster at 31/01/17 14:04:26]

st andrews

Well done! I didn't get to bed until 4 so didn't get to the gym before work!

I'm sure you still had a workout !

I wasn't going to let a diet spoil Saturday night. It was great fun. "

Had a cuppa and watched some telly before bed, had to get up at 10 for work!

Edinburgh

Well... am gonna be twirling with glow sticks tonight

Things I do to get fit lol

st andrews

"Well... am gonna be twirling with glow sticks tonight

Things I do to get fit lol "

Sounds fun!

Edinburgh

"Well... am gonna be twirling with glow sticks tonight

Things I do to get fit lol

Sounds fun!

"

It was

By *yan19Man  over a year ago

NLC

I would love to bulk up a bit maybe get my arms a bit bigger been going to the gym and boxing I walk for 11 hours straight in work haha anywhere from 27-40k steps but still can't skip leg day

st andrews

Had my first PT session on Monday afternoon - cue two days of being so stiff and achey I'm having trouble using stairs or sitting down!

Was supposed to go to the gym this morning but too sore, so going tomorrow and Friday instead. Might be dead by Saturday lol!

By *otskipCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

tried lots of diets .and still am ..but finding really hard .yoyo up down .as alot of folk do with time and family and life in general ..plus hubby works away for long periods of time .so get bored in house after work etc ..and i know i need to try harder but its hard to motivate yourself .just being honest ..probably alot of people feel same way ..x..and i do think its great for the people who can do it so well done xx

st andrews

"tried lots of diets .and still am ..but finding really hard .yoyo up down .as alot of folk do with time and family and life in general ..plus hubby works away for long periods of time .so get bored in house after work etc ..and i know i need to try harder but its hard to motivate yourself .just being honest ..probably alot of people feel same way ..x..and i do think its great for the people who can do it so well done xx "

Know what you mean. I have the gym motivation but struggling with eating healthily

By *oney4uCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I've been low carbing and have lost 1 1/2 st since just before Christmas

By *onesy2015Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Put on too much weight over Christmas and new year and just back from holiday. Back on the wagon this week. Ate like a rabbit and gym tonight

st andrews

"I've been low carbing and have lost 1 1/2 st since just before Christmas "

And you look fantastic

By *otskipCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"tried lots of diets .and still am ..but finding really hard .yoyo up down .as alot of folk do with time and family and life in general ..plus hubby works away for long periods of time .so get bored in house after work etc ..and i know i need to try harder but its hard to motivate yourself .just being honest ..probably alot of people feel same way ..x..and i do think its great for the people who can do it so well done xx

Know what you mean. I have the gym motivation but struggling with eating healthily "

I have the gym membership but can't go just now due to me haveing a scaphoid fracture but got my slimmming wourld class today so getting back on track . as soon as my wrist is better it's back to gym xx

st andrews

"tried lots of diets .and still am ..but finding really hard .yoyo up down .as alot of folk do with time and family and life in general ..plus hubby works away for long periods of time .so get bored in house after work etc ..and i know i need to try harder but its hard to motivate yourself .just being honest ..probably alot of people feel same way ..x..and i do think its great for the people who can do it so well done xx

Know what you mean. I have the gym motivation but struggling with eating healthily

I have the gym membership but can't go just now due to me haveing a scaphoid fracture but got my slimmming wourld class today so getting back on track . as soon as my wrist is better it's back to gym xx"

Sounds painful my upper body routine is disrupted at the moment, the PT was a bit surprised when I said on monday that I've had a damaged tendon in my elbow since summer. I don't want to let that part of my routine slide but this is a long healing injury, so j think I might need to accept that it's a pain I'm going to have to live with

Was doing slimming world last year but need to get back into it

By *oney4uCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I've been low carbing and have lost 1 1/2 st since just before Christmas

And you look fantastic "

Thanks V! I want to lose about the same again

2 year ago I lost 3 stone in six weeks went from 15 and a stone to 12 and a half stone doing a fat burning soup diet x

st andrews

"I've been low carbing and have lost 1 1/2 st since just before Christmas

And you look fantastic

Thanks V! I want to lose about the same again "

I won't say how much I have to go, need to stop eating chocolate!

st andrews

"2 year ago I lost 3 stone in six weeks went from 15 and a stone to 12 and a half stone doing a fat burning soup diet x"

Wow that's loads! I couldn't do soup or drinks diets, like having stuff in my mouth too much

I've being using Huel, it's actually pretty good.

I've definitely lost a fair bit of weight in the last week and ill find out on Thursday exactly how much when I weight myself.

Edinburgh

"2 year ago I lost 3 stone in six weeks went from 15 and a stone to 12 and a half stone doing a fat burning soup diet x

Wow that's loads! I couldn't do soup or drinks diets, like having stuff in my mouth too much "

Haha! Am the same too V. Chewing is good

And another 3lbs and I have reached my target

st andrews

"2 year ago I lost 3 stone in six weeks went from 15 and a stone to 12 and a half stone doing a fat burning soup diet x

Wow that's loads! I couldn't do soup or drinks diets, like having stuff in my mouth too much

And another 3lbs and I have reached my target "

Fantastic! Well done sweetie

Wow that's loads! I couldn't do soup or drinks diets, like having stuff in my mouth too much "

haha now that's sounds intruiging x

And another 3lbs and I have reached my target "

well done max xxx

Edinburgh

And another 3lbs and I have reached my target well done max xxx"

Thanks Shug and V.

Lost just over 2 stones since last September and those 3 pounds are not falling off easy!! typical

What's the soup Shug lol

And another 3lbs and I have reached my target well done max xxx

Thanks Shug and V.

Lost just over 2 stones since last September and those 3 pounds are not falling off easy!! typical

What's the soup Shug lol "

it's the worst tasting soup ever made honestly it's like piss water even adding salt didn't make it taste any better but it helps burn the fat off max my exs dad made it for me I can get the ingredients for anyone that wanted it but was veil lol xxx

Edinburgh

Thanks Shug and V.

What's the soup Shug lol it's the worst tasting soup ever made honestly it's like piss water even adding salt didn't make it taste any better but it helps burn the fat off max my exs dad made it for me I can get the ingredients for anyone that wanted it but was veil lol xxx"

Aye, am curious now lol

You can message me or put the recipe here, am sure others will be interested.

Might do a couple days of the military diet! It works a treat! A least for me

Thanks Shug and V.

What's the soup Shug lol it's the worst tasting soup ever made honestly it's like piss water even adding salt didn't make it taste any better but it helps burn the fat off max my exs dad made it for me I can get the ingredients for anyone that wanted it but was veil lol xxx

Aye, am curious now lol

You can message me or put the recipe here, am sure others will be interested.

Might do a couple days of the military diet! It works a treat! A least for me "

yeah I will post it as soon as I give him a call xxx