FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Job center

Job center

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackiekenny two OP   Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Well as im a out of work at the moment i signed up to job center and i had my interview this morning.

What a carry on i must say 35 hours a week looking for and you must prove it or else.

Also some of the thjngs that are asked was a joke.

Plus they also told me they have had to pay half the staff off due to government cuts in there sector.

I in the other hand am looking for work and yes 35 hours a week is nothing.

But then the nice person helping me out tells me ways around the 35 hours so really intresting

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

Well funnily enough after 30 years I have just done the same.

I have a stock set of phrases ready to use. I am not going to use the booklet I'm going to post it in activity on universal Jobmatch.

What tips did you get!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It amazes me when they say you have to prove you are looking for work or else they will stop money but there are people that have never worked and never will!!

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

It's a demoralising place to go. Register with job agencies, do the job searches and online applications.

It's difficult when you have a skill that's not easy to get a job in. They'll expect you to apply for just about anything

Bunch of fucktards most of them!

Make sure you do everything you agree to regarding job searches....and more.

The sneaky cunts will happily sanction you for any minor infraction!

If your claim is stopped due to finding work or due to being sanctioned doesn't matter to most of them as your just another statistic of the no longer claiming benefits kind which makes them look good.

The bastards sent me to a job club type place a week after being discharged from hospital with a broken heel....hopping around on crutches wearing a big moon boot!

Tried to tell my 'advisor' I shouldn't have been there as I was signed off work......obviously with a broken foot! N didn't need there help with a CV or any other crap like that as I would have no trouble getting a job when my foot was healed up!

She wouldn't listen though n when I said I wouldn't be attending any more interviews she snidely told me my money would be stopped,wee jobsworth hitlerette cow!

So I went over her head n spoke to her manager who as soon as he saw me with my crutches n moon boot said I shouldn't have been sent in the first place! Some sanity at last!

Good luck n hope you find a job quickly so you don't have to endure their pish for too long!

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Sorry to hear you're in this situation, I've been there several times, and the lest two times they admitted that they couldn't help me.

Both times they also took credit for finding me the jobs, despite finding them myself.

The latest time I went in for my initial interview and told them I had a job I'd be starting 7 working days later. This was after they'd tried to cancel an interview I'd arranged with what was a possible employer at the time (and ended up being the place I got a job with). The "coach" still went through all the rules and regulations, and I still had to sign on 3 working days later.

At the end of the day they're just box-ticking to justify their own employment, and they must get bored saying the same things over and over to people.

Mandy

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

I've just started a new job after signing on for 6 months. My job centre was lovely. No complaints at all.

Went in after being discharged from hospital ( cut off 4 fingers) to be told I had to go to a disability meeting ( don't class myself disabled in the slightest ) to be told by the advisor " I know someone who cut of their arm at the elbow so yours isn't that bad is it ".

Well when you were a piper it's probably one of the worst things that could happen.

Thank fuck for the other hand

"At the end of the day they're just box-ticking to justify their own employment, and they must get bored saying the same things over and over to people.

Mandy"

Yep,just a bunch of box ticking fuckers!

They don't care about finding you employment,all they're interested in is stopping your claim,even if the reason you couldn't make your appointment is because you were in hospital after suffering from a heart attack!

I'm a pretty chilled character but stuff like that really fucks me off!

N all the stupid twats that go on about foreigners stealing our jobs n claiming benefits.....your average daily star reader!

That's a lot of anger that would be better directed at the greedy evil fucks that run the country,not fellow human beings just trying to better their lives.

Fucking idiots!

Don't get me started.

I work for Citizens Advice as ......wait for it.......Welfare Benefits Adviser

Want to know how to screw the system......mwahahah

Seriously with the onset of Unuversal Credit local job centres will be a thing of the past and the lovely sanctimonious souls that work there are already appearing in front of me looking for advice on getting round the system.

Guess what it's going to get worse

"At the end of the day they're just box-ticking to justify their own employment, and they must get bored saying the same things over and over to people.

Mandy

They don't care about finding you employment,all they're interested in is stopping your claim,even if the reason you couldn't make your appointment is because you were in hospital after suffering from a heart attack!

N all the stupid twats that go on about foreigners stealing our jobs n claiming benefits.....your average daily star reader!

That's a lot of anger that would be better directed at the greedy evil fucks that run the country,not fellow human beings just trying to better their lives.

Fucking idiots! "

Incidentally they are not there to help you find a job.... that's your new full time job they are there to administrate the system and make sure it works.

Mandy

Fucking idiots!

Incidentally they are not there to help you find a job.... that's your new full time job they are there to administrate the system and make sure it works. "

Aye as I said they're there to stop your claim at the end of the day!

Wish I'd known that was your job when I was on the bru,I would've been seeking your advice on squeezing every penny I could from them!

I take my hat off to those that get away with screwing the system I really do.

Since all the changes came in it's a Lot harder to get away with being a dole bludger what with all the hoops they have you jumping through!

Gone are the days when all you had to do was fill in your lie book once a fortnight,sign on,lie some more then no more job centre for another two weeks!

Nowadays?.......Fucking hell it's actually easier n less hassle to just get a job!

By *lasgowman101Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Recently got the laid off and after a while of signing on (while still pestering agencies, sending CV and applying for any jobs suitable on websites) I was 'recommended'to do unpaid work experience. Was told that their would not be a proper job at the end of it, still needed to look for work, and may have lost benefits if I didn't do this. What is the country coming to?

By *ackan1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Remember many many year ago I had to join the job seekers. I would show up with my suite on and there would be people there in there PJs. Some stinking of alcohol, some stone/ high on drugs.

Only took me about a 2 months but the 1st month was just chilling and relaxing

I think the job center should be like. How to put a cv together. They put it on there system. Ask the user what they looking for and hey should send the cv over to the company wile at the weekly/2 weekly meeting.

Think they should also be like when you arrive treat each meeting like a interview and at the end of meet you get feed back.

I see peeps show up. Spend 1-2mins out there name down then walk out.

On pay day you would see them at the shops buying chrips, fag and or sometimes lotto/ drink I am like how can they afford that.

"Remember many many year ago I had to join the job seekers. I would show up with my suite on and there would be people there in there PJs. Some stinking of alcohol, some stone/ high on drugs.

I think the job center should be like. How to put a cv together. They put it on there system. Ask the user what they looking for and hey should send the cv over to the company wile at the weekly/2 weekly meeting.

Think they should also be like when you arrive treat each meeting like a interview and at the end of meet you get feed back.

On pay day you would see them at the shops buying chrips, fag and or sometimes lotto/ drink I am like how can they afford that.

"

They normally send you to other agencies who do all that for you ie

App forms, CV's, Cover letters, etc

"Remember many many year ago I had to join the job seekers. I would show up with my suite on and there would be people there in there PJs. Some stinking of alcohol, some stone/ high on drugs.

"

Why would you wear a suit to go sign on?

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Recently got the laid off and after a while of signing on (while still pestering agencies, sending CV and applying for any jobs suitable on websites) I was 'recommended'to do unpaid work experience. Was told that their would not be a proper job at the end of it, still needed to look for work, and may have lost benefits if I didn't do this. What is the country coming to?

"

I was unemployed in 2012 for a while, and did some unpaid work. On 2 consecutive days I happened to do over 8 hours of work. They contacted the place and told them that justified creating a permanent role for me. The place told me the following day I was no longer needed to help.

But I know there was still plenty of work to be done!

Basically the volunteer stuff can backfire, as I've also heard of other people doing it, and are told that they're not allowed their mobile phones on them while helping, therefore reducing their chances of getting calls about possible roles

Mandy

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Workplaces get free labour using these work experience trials employers get work done for little or no outlay folk still have to prove looking for work too and benefit cut if refused modern slavery ?

Glasgow

Why would you wear a suit to go sign on?"

Same reason why people where the on long flights also cos I like to keep my self smart.

Same reason why people where the on long flights also cos I like to keep my self smart. "

There's smart and then there's not quite appropriate for the situation

Glasgow

Same reason why people where the on long flights also cos I like to keep my self smart.

There's smart and then there's not quite appropriate for the situation"

What can I say I have never done the job center till then. Even tho I did not even need to join it.

What I h8t is my mum had worked all her life and sold her Business gave the government 100k in tax. She then had a stroke and was on dialysis so she decided to be put on the sick at the job center and my big brother gf that was a druggy how was also on the sick got much more money than my mum.

I think they need to look at the hole thing again and say if you work for x year then loose your job you get a bit more from the job center for the 1 year 2 year it goes down 3 year same as everyone els 5 year you get nothing unless you have a good reason e.g sick. not able to work and so on

I used to work for an well known retailer who went out of buisness when I was a student and was told over the phone by someone (from dwp i may add) to go to my local jobcenter and they'd help me get onto the system so I could apply for jobs.

The look I got from the person behind the desk when I said "no I'm just trying got on the system so I can apply for jobs, I know I don't qualify for job seekers as im a student" was almost one of disdain . All i got was "sorry i cant help you" and she went back to her typing...

You do not have to be on their system to look for a job if your not claiming benefits there is a plethora of job sites out there to choose from.

Rok I knew that at the time (I was on monster and a good few others), but I still had vision of the "old jobcentres" in my head. What I mean by that is I was made redundant before I was at college and the staff bent over backwards to try and help you out, not just look down their nose at you cause your interrupting their paperwork.

» Add a new message to this topic