FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Transgender dolls

Transgender dolls

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *awty Max OP   Woman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Just read an interesting article.

'Transgender dolls - Breaking the mould or just a fad?'

In short, the doll is modeled on a teenage activist who was born a boy but lives as a female.

The doll's maker says that the doll doesn't have genitalia and that a portion of the proceeds will be donated to help youth who are struggling.

Some of the comments are that any doll can be a transgender doll and that there is no need to put a label on a doll?

What do you think fabbers?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not many dolls have genitals on them so don't really see the need for a label?

Catering to a tiny population.

Plenty of time for kids to learn about such things in school / as they grow up. Do we really need to confuse them so young?

Edinburgh

"Not many dolls have genitals on them so don't really see the need for a label?"

I agree.

I used to make my own outfits and cut my dolls hair to personalise them myself anyway!

Edinburgh

"Catering to a tiny population.

Plenty of time for kids to learn about such things in school / as they grow up. Do we really need to confuse them so young? "

The doll's box says 8+.

The teenager who is now 16 that the doll is based on was 6 when she said I don't want to be a boy anymore.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

The worlds gone mad .... you can get boy dolls girl dolls .....

Its the childs imagination that personalises them ....

By *r4tCouple  over a year ago

East Kilbride

as a promotional tool to maybe highlight some of the struggles that transgender ppl have to go through, yeah kudos to them , but as a business model to raise money as previously said not great as most dolls do come without genitalia so very easy to mimic .....or am a just overthinking it I wanna play wi ma action man

I think to much pressure is being put on young children about all this.

My daughters first ever school project was modern family's now I don't have a problem with that as such as I understand some kids could have gay parents and it's to stop bulling but it was they way it was taught.

My daughter came home think family's with two daddies or two mummies could have babies together left us struggling to think how to explain the flaw in that one.

But there has been other pro lgbti talks in the school and I really think they are to young to have to think about there sexuality instead of just learning how to be kids.

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I think the dolls are only useful IF they help kids to talk about their own feelings.

However, as has been said, whilst a lot of kids do express feelings when hey are young, many many more don't and won't understand.

Let kids be kids.

Those that feel they need to be heard should ALWAYS be listened too by adults. And they should know it's good to open up rather than bottle those feelings up.

I hope 10% of that made sense as I was struggling to put it into words

"I think the dolls are only useful IF they help kids to talk about their own feelings.

However, as has been said, whilst a lot of kids do express feelings when hey are young, many many more don't and won't understand.

Let kids be kids.

Those that feel they need to be heard should ALWAYS be listened too by adults. And they should know it's good to open up rather than bottle those feelings up.

I hope 10% of that made sense as I was struggling to put it into words "

All of it made sense. That's exactly how I feel about it.

"I think the dolls are only useful IF they help kids to talk about their own feelings.

Let kids be kids.

I hope 10% of that made sense as I was struggling to put it into words "

It all made sense. Very well said.

Edinburgh

"I think to much pressure is being put on young children about all this.

My daughters first ever school project was modern family's now I don't have a problem with that as such as I understand some kids could have gay parents and it's to stop bulling but it was they way it was taught.

My daughter came home think family's with two daddies or two mummies could have babies together left us struggling to think how to explain the flaw in that one.

But there has been other pro lgbti talks in the school and I really think they are to young to have to think about there sexuality instead of just learning how to be kids."

The thing with Schools they try to give information without giving information if you like! Just to tick a box!

And the kids end up more confused.

I talk about all sort with my boys but I give them 'all' the info. When they were younger i drew stuff!

I don't try to hide stuff or be politically correct!

And my 2 will bug me with questions until they are satisfied anyway lol

By *oanne_MacTV/TS  over a year ago

Cunty Durham

"as a promotional tool to maybe highlight some of the struggles that transgender ppl have to go through, yeah kudos to them , but as a business model to raise money as previously said not great as most dolls do come without genitalia so very easy to mimic .....or am a just overthinking it I wanna play wi ma action man

"

Action man doesn't have genitals either…

Im thinking action man having no cock is poorly named if im being honest

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"I think to much pressure is being put on young children about all this.

But there has been other pro lgbti talks in the school and I really think they are to young to have to think about there sexuality instead of just learning how to be kids.

The thing with Schools they try to give information without giving information if you like! Just to tick a box!

And the kids end up more confused.

I talk about all sort with my boys but I give them 'all' the info. When they were younger i drew stuff!

I don't try to hide stuff or be politically correct!

And my 2 will bug me with questions until they are satisfied anyway lol

"

It isn't that the best way for kids to be? When THEY are ready, THEY will ask. As long as you're straight with them (no pun intended) and don't bullshit them, they will learn everything they need to.

I'd be worried if my kids didn't ask questions about stuff

» Add a new message to this topic