FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Leigh Griffiths and the tartan army

Leigh Griffiths and the tartan army

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So after lasts night game that must surely be Griffiths last cap for Scotland. The guy will score goals all day long in the Scottish league but he's nowhere near good enough for international football.

The tartan army are nothing but a bunch of wankers, booing your own player onto the park is a fuckin disgrace, they should hang their heads in shame

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Considering he has hardly kicked a ball for months he did ok if and when he is playing regular and match sharp he will be a great asset

I don't see it myself to be honest. He's a mediocre striker who is lucky that he's playing with so many good players at celtic. I'd love for him to prove me wrong but I can't see it happening

They were a totally different team with him on the pitch compared to last week and even when he went off we didn't create anywhere near as much. He knows himself he should of took his chances, it happens, on a different day, he would have tucked them away.

I would take him over any other striker any day.

"I don't see it myself to be honest. He's a mediocre striker who is lucky that he's playing with so many good players at celtic. I'd love for him to prove me wrong but I can't see it happening "

Mediocre strikers dont score 40 goals a season ,think he done ok considering hes not played much lately ,so who would you play before him

"Considering he has hardly kicked a ball for months he did ok if and when he is playing regular and match sharp he will be a great asset"

"I don't see it myself to be honest. He's a mediocre striker who is lucky that he's playing with so many good players at celtic. I'd love for him to prove me wrong but I can't see it happening

Mediocre strikers dont score 40 goals a season ,think he done ok considering hes not played much lately ,so who would you play before him "

leigh griffiths is an english league one player at best

"leigh griffiths is an english league one player at best"
Surely that must make the rest of the strikers playing in Scotland league two or three in England

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Put me in charge of Scottish football and I would have us in the last 8 of the World Cup in 9 years.

I'm a Rangers fan but i must say Griffith's is clearly our best options going forward, on a side note what a shame it is that we have Tierney and Robertson who are both left backs, Scotland really can't afford to have our most promising youngesters competing for the same position

"So after lasts night game that must surely be Griffiths last cap for Scotland. The guy will score goals all day long in the Scottish league but he's nowhere near good enough for international football.

The tartan army are nothing but a bunch of wankers, booing your own player onto the park is a fuckin disgrace, they should hang their heads in shame"

What Player in Scotland IS International class ?

I cant find any.

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

"I don't see it myself to be honest. He's a mediocre striker who is lucky that he's playing with so many good players at celtic. I'd love for him to prove me wrong but I can't see it happening "

Considering he scored goals for fun in an abysmal Hibs side says otherwise

"So after lasts night game that must surely be Griffiths last cap for Scotland. The guy will score goals all day long in the Scottish league but he's nowhere near good enough for international football.

The tartan army are nothing but a bunch of wankers, booing your own player onto the park is a fuckin disgrace, they should hang their heads in shame"

but coming on here to bring down another is different how

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I am not an international coach, a football manager and certainly I don't know about the ins and outs of Scottish football and its strategies.

But last night, in my opinion, he was not the worse on the pitch!

Yes, few opportunities missed, but such goes the game sometimes.

Aaah! If we were the managers, I am sure we would have the perfect squad! and everyone playing awesome every single match

But... Let's be positive... And support the team... I enjoyed the game... Many people had marked them to lose!... Thanks to the Boys for my Mother's day goal

And the ones that should hang their heads in shame are the ones that were disrespectful during the minute silence

The tartan army are nothing but a bunch of wankers, booing your own player onto the park is a fuckin disgrace, they should hang their heads in shamebut coming on here to bring down another is different how"

Leigh Griffiths is hardly going to be on here reading this and even if he was there's a massive difference to a discussion on a forum to 20,000 fans booing a guy as he's making his way onto the pitch.

The tartan army are nothing but a bunch of wankers, booing your own player onto the park is a fuckin disgrace, they should hang their heads in shame

What Player in Scotland IS International class ?

I cant find any.

"

Seriously......Tierney, robertson, Gordon to name three

The tartan army are nothing but a bunch of wankers, booing your own player onto the park is a fuckin disgrace, they should hang their heads in shamebut coming on here to bring down another is different how

Leigh Griffiths is hardly going to be on here reading this and even if he was there's a massive difference to a discussion on a forum to 20,000 fans booing a guy as he's making his way onto the pitch."

are you sure the amount of woman he has been with I'm pretty sure he is probably on here

Why have you only picked on one player ? You win and lose as a team

The tartan army are nothing but a bunch of wankers, booing your own player onto the park is a fuckin disgrace, they should hang their heads in shamebut coming on here to bring down another is different how

Leigh Griffiths is hardly going to be on here reading this and even if he was there's a massive difference to a discussion on a forum to 20,000 fans booing a guy as he's making his way onto the pitch.are you sure the amount of woman he has been with I'm pretty sure he is probably on here"

Griffiths was good and Scotland thoroughly deserved the win. He will be disappointed not to have scored with either chance but that's football. Got into good positions both times and his link up play was excellent.

Bring on England now.

As a Morton fan I am sure we would give him a game for us

By *atureMale321Man  over a year ago

Moray

Think the whole of the Scotland team would struggle in the English championship , stop buying all the video games and Molly Coddling kids . One ball twenty two kids s couple of jerseys for posts ! Just doesn't happen any more

I thought Griffiths had a great game. Few near chances but he can't score them all.

He was a constant threat in the box and if he stayed on for the second half I bet he would of Scored.

Who got booed coming on? I was watching on my laptop and the sound quality was terrible.

"I thought Griffiths had a great game. Few near chances but he can't score them all.

He was a constant threat in the box and if he stayed on for the second half I bet he would of Scored.

Who got booed coming on? I was watching on my laptop and the sound quality was terrible. "

Chris Martin... then silenced them by scoring!

"I thought Griffiths had a great game. Few near chances but he can't score them all.

Who got booed coming on? I was watching on my laptop and the sound quality was terrible.

Chris Martin... then silenced them by scoring!"

Lol typical.

I think most need to just have a realistic look at the Scottish football and our standard.

We as a country are short on quality players now but we just need to realise what level we are at and deal with it and think of ways to improve our game.

Lee Griffith, for a guy who is not march sharp, had a good game and was unlucky to missed his chances but you need to be realistic, the system that Gordon uses doesn't suit the way Leigh plays, especially the past Cpl of years thus Gordond didn't utilise him in the right way.

For me when growing up, every boy played football at school just to be part of a crowd even if they were not athletic or interested in football.

Now, all the different things come into play like computers, phones, video games etcc... less and less kids play football thus is has a detrimental effect on football.

30 years ago 1800 teams entered the Scottish amateur Cup, this year over 600 entered that means less and less kids playing and gaining experience and are not interested in football as they get older.

Scotland at European football is at the four level and every team in the Europa will have to play fours games just to reach the group stages.

But it was a fantastic result but we still have no chance of qualifying for the finals in Russia. Hope I'm wrong

By *trunieMan  over a year ago

glasgow

I've got to agree with Peter Horsey . We don't have the same amount of kids playing football anymore nor as he says even at amateur level.

I don't know how we get back to even having a realistic chance of qualifying for another tournament at national level but we live in hope .

Cheers

didnt see the game myself, just saw some of the highlights, but to me all the professional football players, are over rated over payed pre madonas & our league is no better than a pub league.

I was in a different sport & was tough competing & working, but some of us made it & we never got paid anything like them, my nephew is a pro footballer used to be with one of the glasgow teams, & I used to tell him the same, he is now with a team in the 3rd division in scotland.

"I think most need to just have a realistic look at the Scottish football and our standard.

We as a country are short on quality players now but we just need to realise what level we are at and deal with it and think of ways to improve our game.

Lee Griffith, for a guy who is not march sharp, had a good game and was unlucky to missed his chances but you need to be realistic, the system that Gordon uses doesn't suit the way Leigh plays, especially the past Cpl of years thus Gordond didn't utilise him in the right way.

For me when growing up, every boy played football at school just to be part of a crowd even if they were not athletic or interested in football.

Now, all the different things come into play like computers, phones, video games etcc... less and less kids play football thus is has a detrimental effect on football.

30 years ago 1800 teams entered the Scottish amateur Cup, this year over 600 entered that means less and less kids playing and gaining experience and are not interested in football as they get older.

Scotland at European football is at the four level and every team in the Europa will have to play fours games just to reach the group stages.

But it was a fantastic result but we still have no chance of qualifying for the finals in Russia. Hope I'm wrong"

Well Said Horsey ..

The standard of Scottish football in general is far less than it was.

"didnt see the game myself, just saw some of the highlights, but to me all the professional football players, are over rated over payed pre madonas & our league is no better than a pub league.

I was in a different sport & was tough competing & working, but some of us made it & we never got paid anything like them, my nephew is a pro footballer used to be with one of the glasgow teams, & I used to tell him the same, he is now with a team in the 3rd division in scotland."

Your right.

Go along support your local Junior club they would appreciate the support plus its only around £7 a game.

think Griffiths did ok for being out for a bit but when is Jordan Rhodes ever gonna be given a chance!!!!!!!!!!!

OP, you have options instead of moaning, either watch them or don't, simple as. I haven't watched the national football team for years. Scottish football is a mess from top to bottom.

By *ockerMrBloggs6969Man  over a year ago

nr you but not too near

"leigh griffiths is an english league one player at best"
that's equivalent to the Scottish premiere lol

"leigh griffiths is an english league one player at best

that's equivalent to the Scottish premiere lol"

Scottish premier is as good as english non league

By *ockerMrBloggs6969Man  over a year ago

nr you but not too near

"leigh griffiths is an english league one player at best

that's equivalent to the Scottish premiere lol

Scottish premier is as good as english non league

"

Al the haters of the Scottish gsme.if u dnt like it Dnt go or moan about it

English super sunday games are worse than watching paint dry

all that money in the league and still crap

thoght leigh did very well getting the chances and getting shots away

"Al the haters of the Scottish gsme.if u dnt like it Dnt go or moan about it

thoght leigh did very well getting the chances and getting shots away"

& all the money in Glasgow

"I'm a Rangers fan but i must say Griffith's is clearly our best options going forward, on a side note what a shame it is that we have Tierney and Robertson who are both left backs, Scotland really can't afford to have our most promising youngesters competing for the same position"

Worked for Mcgrain and Jardine..

"think Griffiths did ok for being out for a bit but when is Jordan Rhodes ever gonna be given a chance!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jordan Rhodes wont get a chance.

He is not a worker or backtracker which means he doesn't do the hard stuff enough for Gordon so he wont fit into the system. I don't like the system employed but Gordon looks at the Scottish quality and thinks we can only play better the way he asks.

sorry cant agree with that!!! we have no natural finishers and surely that's what Rhodes is???

"Al the haters of the Scottish gsme.if u dnt like it Dnt go or moan about it

thoght leigh did very well getting the chances and getting shots away"

I think you will find looking at the attendance from the last game...most are not going

» Add a new message to this topic