FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Your funeral.

Your funeral.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ndykay OP   Man  over a year ago

Falkirk

On the back of another thread, if you were planning your own funeral would you want it to be a somber affair or a happy one?

When my gran died about 10 years ago, we all went to the funeral in the village church. It was attended by almost all the extended family (there are ALOT of us) and most of the people in the village too.

After, we were all at the village hall, good food and some drinks.

But most of all, smiles and laughter all afternoon.

Having nursed her for her final 6-7 years through dementia, my grandad confided to me a few years later before he died that he wanted his funeral to be the same as he felt it really helped him with losing her.

When he died 4 years ago, I told my mum and my aunts and uncles what he said and we did the same thing for his funeral.

Now that's how I want mine when I go - hopefully not for a good few years though - laughter and smiles

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not sombre, not sad

A party for people to have a good time and take away good memories.

As the curtains close on the coffin I want the music to be Little Richard belting out Tutti Fruity to set the scene.

Also a good opportunity for those who want to dance on my grave

I always regarded funerals to be a celebration of someones life.

I think too many people remember them in how they died rather than the life they gave.

Personally ..i wouldnt want to have a party....food drinks etc etc ..

I would prefer something simple with no fuss.

I do wish it Rains on the day of my funeral though

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

I would rather be dumped makes no diffrence to me what happens to my carcass.

Unfortunatly this is not allowed you or your loved ones will pay for the final goodbye

For me it would most definitely be a celebration of not only my life but all those I shared that life with - however they do that can be up to them.

In terms of what is left of the earthly remains... I rather fancy my ashes being put in on of those pod things that you put a seedling tree in so that new life is nurtured... *Cue "Circle of Life" from the Lion King

I'm not going to mine. Glasgow Uni has first dibs on my leftovers, and they organise a memorial ceremony for family and friends, but I don't have to go.

Falkirk

"I would rather be dumped makes no diffrence to me what happens to my carcass.

Unfortunatly this is not allowed you or your loved ones will pay for the final goodbye "

If I could be fed to sharks that would be awesome

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I don't want anything fancy or somber at all. No flowers as I'd prefer people gave the money to charity .

No long speeches ,just pick one of the endless daft stories about me and hopefully bring a smile .

I want Guns N Roses paradise city played .

Oh and just raise a drink or have a shot after and just celebrate a life lived

Unfortunatly this is not allowed you or your loved ones will pay for the final goodbye "

Nah I saw a documentary about a woman wendii miller, she promised her mother a frugal burial. She picked the body up from the hospital morgue in a campervan. Then dug a hole and buried her in a nature burial site. Apparently all legal....

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Unfortunatly this is not allowed you or your loved ones will pay for the final goodbye

Nah I saw a documentary about a woman wendii miller, she promised her mother a frugal burial. She picked the body up from the hospital morgue in a campervan. Then dug a hole and buried her in a nature burial site. Apparently all legal.... "

I think its allowed in the usa checked many possibilitys medical science no longer happens body farm not that many and their books failed. Zoo food cant happen in this country. Wild wolf drop on a hillside seriously expensive. Formed into a diamond ouch 10 times more expensive than the diamond produced (and it ends up a scabby yellow colour) lol who knows I wont worry about it

Falkirk

Maybe we should go to Guade Lupe when we are about to croak and jump in with the sharks

If they play another one bites the dust I will be happy

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Think im gonna go with alkaline hydrolysis, where a big pressure cooker type machines turns you into a liquid which is then disposed of down the drain, and your bones go into a grinder.

"Think im gonna go with alkaline hydrolysis, where a big pressure cooker type machines turns you into a liquid which is then disposed of down the drain, and your bones go into a grinder."

Noted. ... instead of a patio....

By *magine all the peopleCouple  over a year ago

Perth

If I could be fed to sharks that would be awesome "

I get that too!

I want chucked over the side of a boat and my family and friends to get smashed and have a laugh.

Louise wants buried in our field, at the dungeon

(funcity1) a few years ago a friend of mine was cremated and his ashes were packed into a large firework/rocket and fired from the cliffs over the sea ..

personally I dislike funerals as have been to far too many for my liking ... when I depart ?? i'll be dead so it doesn't matter on how I'm disposed of ...

By *homasP80Man  over a year ago

Linwood

My last music to play at my funeral would be something like:

The doors - light my fire

Crazy world of Arthur brown- fire

Possibly even:

Siegfried's funeral march from the 3rd act of Götterdämmerungen.

By *eliciouslySalaciousCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I want mine to be classy as fuck with Tom Ford suits and Little Black Dresses, then a spy to sleep with my wife (Monica Bellucci as Erin died years before on account of being much older than me) immediately afterwards just like in Spectre.

"Maybe we should go to Guade Lupe when we are about to croak and jump in with the sharks "

It's weird... you want sharks... I want trees... hmmmm psychologist's work THAT oot..

I would not have any form of religion at my funeral for starters cause they make everyone miserable

My coffin would be carried in while a New Orleans type jazz band plays then they crank it up and everyone gets up for a boogie

Here's the thing - I would have pre- recorded a lot of snippets so it will be played on a huge TV so I will MC my own funeral

During the funeral I will introduce a piece of music and just say use this to reflect - then I'd say sod that get up and dance - the theme from Footloose then plays

As I'm being lowered into the flames a really heavy Black Sabbath tune will come on like Black Sabbath Iron Man or War Pigs

When the whole thing finishes the last clip of me will say Right that's it piss off the lot of you - and everyone walks out to the theme from the Benny Hill Show

My body is donated to medical science

What happens after their finished with makes no difference I'll be long gone.

Falkirk

"My body is donated to medical science

What happens after their finished with makes no difference I'll be long gone. "

We will have a few drinks for you then

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

I would like one of my closest pals to say a few words on my life and our fun times from their perspective. Been to far too many funeral's where the Priest, Minister or Humanist know's Hee Haw about the deceased and it just sounds so false.

Afterwards, I've always found Funerals to be a mix of subdued feelings and fun and laughter...The best have more laughter as people remember the good times shared with the deceased.

"My body is donated to medical science

What happens after their finished with makes no difference I'll be long gone. "

I was going to donate my organs.

But they won't take them and stopped taking my blood donations after I was diagnosed with my illness.

But my funeral is planned and paid for.

No religious input.

Just friends and relatives.

But very much a colourful affair.

I'm just doing the funeral thing a bit different.

Humanist service for me please. Been to a few in recent years and although the humanist minister didnt know the deceased personally the whole service seemed much more personal and upbeat.

I quite like the old native American way of going and lying down somewhere and letting the wildlife feed on your carcass

To be honest I'd rather not have one at all. It'll just be distressing for the family, all these young men throwing themselves on the coffin, wailing and carrying on.

Planning to try to coofle it on a Thursday as Friday is bin day and I've found I fit nicely in the wheelie.....

"To be honest I'd rather not have one at all. It'll just be distressing for the family, all these young men throwing themselves on the coffin, wailing and carrying on.

Planning to try to coofle it on a Thursday as Friday is bin day and I've found I fit nicely in the wheelie..... "

But are any parts of you recyclable Sis?

"To be honest I'd rather not have one at all. It'll just be distressing for the family, all these young men throwing themselves on the coffin, wailing and carrying on.

Planning to try to coofle it on a Thursday as Friday is bin day and I've found I fit nicely in the wheelie.....

But are any parts of you recyclable Sis? "

Doubt it very much petal. By the time I'm finished it'll all be knackered!!!

But are any parts of you recyclable Sis?

Doubt it very much petal. By the time I'm finished it'll all be knackered!!! "

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Planning to try to coofle it on a Thursday as Friday is bin day and I've found I fit nicely in the wheelie..... "

How did you find out you fit in the wheelie what has both been up to with you ?

How did you find out you fit in the wheelie what has both been up to with you ? "

Hahaha...vertically but not horizontally Steph!!

» Add a new message to this topic