FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > ADDING NOTES ABOUT A PROFILE / PERSON

ADDING NOTES ABOUT A PROFILE / PERSON

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm a site supporter and have been for a few years.

I use all the bits n bobs that go with it but one of them is the profile notes section.

You look at a profile or there's contact between you and someone else and you make a note on their profile about them to remind you.

One of the things I don't like about it that if you want to make a note about the person, you have to enter their profile and add the details where I wish there was a way where you could add a note about them without having to enter their profile as I don't want them knowing I was there.

before you say, yes I can hide my profile but I don't want to hide it from most.

Just my observation

What do any of you think who write on the notes, if you don't like or not interested it means you have to enter profile to add a note but you don't want them knowing you are on their profile !!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What about deactivating the "who looked at me" option in privacy settings?

"What about deactivating the "who looked at me" option in privacy settings?"

But you do that you deactivate from everyone. Its just the specific people I don't want them seeing me.

If I get a message form someone and I find out they are not for me, I will say and wont bother again but I want to remind myself so need to go into their profile and add a note so they would see I visited.

it's just a pain

Does it really matter; they either have interest in you or they don't

I usually write a note if I contact them, date and time, if no reply, so be it.

"Does it really matter; they either have interest in you or they don't

I usually write a note if I contact them, date and time, if no reply, so be it."

I get your point but everyone's different, to you it doesn't matter, to some it does

I never use that function... mebbe I should...

"I never use that function... mebbe I should... "

on my notes of you I have

TREESSSSSSSSSS

I love my notes lol

Aye or naw

Never used the notes option

It takes 2 seconds to press hide who sees you looking at them so why no switch it off for the ones you dont want to know and then switch it back on ..lol whallah !!!

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I know what you mean horsey! I used to write notes and didn't like going through their profile to do so, but that's before I knew I could hide myself.

I don't write notes anymore, no time. Lucky if I have time to read my messages these days!

By *anTouchThisCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

We use profile notes a lot, and like the OP I agree it would be handy to have the ability to access it direct from the message screen without going via the profile. If anything, with the new grouped message feature, it would be ideal if the profile notes were also displayed.

If you sont like or aren't interested surely the easiest and less contrived option is to simply block or is it a case of wanting to flaunt the fact you arent interested?

By *anTouchThisCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

It isn't flaunting anything, since it's private, nobody sees your profile notes.

You're also assuming it's always negative. It's frequently just a reminder of whether they've been in touch before, if they sent pics (since some pics don't hang around), whether they're local or visitors, all sorts of stuff. Quicker to have a concise note you can update than to read a ream of messages. Messages also get deleted, so not always accessible.

What? There's a notes option?

What is there to take note of?

Have I been fabbing all wrong?

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

I sometimes add phone numbers, real names, birthdays etc to notes.

But I mostly use it for people who've sent me a pic and they're not my type, so if they contact me again I know I'm not interested

"I sometimes add phone numbers, real names, birthdays etc to notes.

But I mostly use it for people who've sent me a pic and they're not my type, so if they contact me again I know I'm not interested "

Slowly coming around to this "Notes" revelation

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

But I mostly use it for people who've sent me a pic and they're not my type, so if they contact me again I know I'm not interested

Slowly coming around to this "Notes" revelation "

It's a very useful tool

Some of my notes just say 'twat'

It's a very useful tool

Some of my notes just say 'twat' "

Oh I think there will be a few "Cockwombles" being added to ours

It's a great way to remind me when guys have put bi curious..then it suddenly disappears and its straight

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Not req just block works fine

I sometimes use the notes section just to put in details of a meet, like place, date and time if we're meeting a couple, very handy. Cate x

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

It's a very useful tool

Some of my notes just say 'twat' "

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

But I mostly use it for people who've sent me a pic and they're not my type, so if they contact me again I know I'm not interested "

That sounds quite handy! Might start using notes as well x

"Some of my notes just say 'twat' "

All of mine say that.

On other peoples' notes.

"If you sont like or aren't interested surely the easiest and less contrived option is to simply block or is it a case of wanting to flaunt the fact you arent interested? "

I don't block anyone unless they are complete and utter egits or not nice people. I'm not going to block someone because they do not interest me, I would rather just add the note and that's it, does stop the person asking me a question on anything

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

Have never used it I have a great memory

"Have never used it I have a great memory"

is that right, a good memory

how big did I tell you I was

[Removed by poster at 12/09/17 20:44:43]

"If you sont like or aren't interested surely the easiest and less contrived option is to simply block or is it a case of wanting to flaunt the fact you arent interested?

I don't block anyone unless they are complete and utter egits or not nice people. I'm not going to block someone because they do not interest me, I would rather just add the note and that's it, does stop the person asking me a question on anything "

Without having met them and basing your judgement entirely on interactions on a swinging forum how can you possibly know they are "not nice people"? One mans meat is another mans poison etc. This definitelty seems to be a male trait, this amazing almost psychic ability to discern someones entire character from cyber interactions. In my humble opinion women in general are a wee bit more discerning and less "knee jerk" than the male of the species

"[Removed by poster at 12/09/17 20:44:43]"

sorry completely reading it wrong

I do not make assumptions of anyone.

I will make a note and it may change in the future, that's why there are notes

"[Removed by poster at 12/09/17 20:44:43]

I will make a note and it may change in the future, that's why there are notes"

Reading it literally I think you'll find!

"I don't block anyone unless they are complete and utter egits or not nice people."

If that isnt an assumption I really dont know what is!

"

"If you sont like or aren't interested surely the easiest and less contrived option is to simply block or is it a case of wanting to flaunt the fact you arent interested?

I don't block anyone unless they are complete and utter egits or not nice people. I'm not going to block someone because they do not interest me, I would rather just add the note and that's it, does stop the person asking me a question on anything "

Without having met them and basing your judgement entirely on interactions on a swinging forum how can you possibly know they are "not nice people"? One mans meat is another mans poison etc. This definitelty seems to be a male trait, this amazing almost psychic ability to discern someones entire character from cyber interactions. In my humble opinion women in general are a wee bit more discerning and less "knee jerk" than the male of the species"

I was blocked and have been blocked by people who have never met me and two of the couples who blocked me, met me at the Dundee social, not realising they had blocked me. One message me weeks later wanting to meet and the other chats to me. I know that making assumptions of people can backfire so I'm open minded but very weary.

even reading a post on a forum , you can easily pick the person up wrong and you have to make allowances for that

"I don't block anyone unless they are complete and utter egits or not nice people."

If that isnt an assumption I really dont know what is! "

well sorry if I have put it across wrong but I just cleared it up.

Well if someone puts up a message saying they are into animal fun then its a block, if someone is on the forum being quite aggressive or argumentative and being constant on it, then its a block. If someone says they only meet bareback its not a block but a note would be made to never play with that person.

theres many reasons for it as im sure lot would have many different reasons

Well if someone puts up a message saying they are into animal fun then its a block, if someone is on the forum being quite aggressive or argumentative and being constant on it, then its a block. If someone says they only meet bareback its not a block but a note would be made to never play with that person.

theres many reasons for it as im sure lot would have many different reasons"

Is there an interpretation of "eejits" or "not very nice people" I am unaware of? What you may construe as being argumentitive another might view as cogent debate.

Is there an interpretation of "eejits" or "not very nice people" I am unaware of? What you may construe as being argumentitive another might view as cogent debate. "

actually no there isn't an interpretation, as everyone sis different. if someone is into animal fun then I think what an egit, you might think he or she is ok, I do not know, the same goes for every ones views on something or what they are like as a person.

I think you get the drift although your still going on about it, which is a shame as it is clear now

Is there an interpretation of "eejits" or "not very nice people" I am unaware of? What you may construe as being argumentitive another might view as cogent debate.

actually no there isn't an interpretation, as everyone sis different. if someone is into animal fun then I think what an egit, you might think he or she is ok, I do not know, the same goes for every ones views on something or what they are like as a person.

I think you get the drift although your still going on about it, which is a shame as it is clear now"

Not going on about it at all, merely pointing out its perhaps best not to make broad generalisations attempt, rather poorly, to convince someone that they had "read it wrong"

I think you get the drift although your still going on about it, which is a shame as it is clear now

Not going on about it at all, merely pointing out its perhaps best not to make broad generalisations attempt, rather poorly, to convince someone that they had "read it wrong""

I've no intention of convincing someone and I don't think it was broad generalisation, they were specific.

I'm just making it clear in the last few replies why but obviously you want to continue.

It been made clear now why I would block someone as it really has to be bad as even if someone who doesn't interest me, I still wouldn't block, I would therefore make a note but I wouldn't want to be going into their profile to do so.

theres many reasons for it as im sure lot would have many different reasons"

. I like animal fun I walk my dog and throw balls for it and chase it about lmao

Not going on about it at all, merely pointing out its perhaps best not to make broad generalisations attempt, rather poorly, to convince someone that they had "read it wrong"

I've no intention of convincing someone and I don't think it was broad generalisation, they were specific.

I'm just making it clear in the last few replies why but obviously you want to continue.

It been made clear now why I would block someone as it really has to be bad as even if someone who doesn't interest me, I still wouldn't block, I would therefore make a note but I wouldn't want to be going into their profile to do so."

Dear me you really are getting your knickers in a bit of a knot. The point I was making was that perhaps its best not to make assumptions, which you did, that someone is an "eejit" or "not a nice person" (not the first thread you have made that accusation) based upon internet interactions.

It been made clear now why I would block someone as it really has to be bad as even if someone who doesn't interest me, I still wouldn't block, I would therefore make a note but I wouldn't want to be going into their profile to do so.

Dear me you really are getting your knickers in a bit of a knot. The point I was making was that perhaps its best not to make assumptions, which you did, that someone is an "eejit" or "not a nice person" (not the first thread you have made that accusation) based upon internet interactions."

oh now its getting personal

I thought there was a reason for it

im glad it came out

Dear me you really are getting your knickers in a bit of a knot. The point I was making was that perhaps its best not to make assumptions, which you did, that someone is an "eejit" or "not a nice person" (not the first thread you have made that accusation) based upon internet interactions.

im glad it came out"

yes everyone unders_ands your reasoning and im sure the replies I made have cleared it up and quite clear but you still going on.

Assumptions again, knickers in a twist, if that's not an assumption then I don't know what is

I always use notes if I am attracted to someone or not as that many people message I forget who is who so put wee notes in. Saves time to check ur notes when wee symbol comes up see what u typed in. I use this rather than blocking someone just on the grounds that they are not my cup of gin. Then they message and message again and have to be blocked.

Always laugh when look at my notes some of the things I have put down for some people

im glad it came out"

Can you explain what about my previous profile that was getting personal. Merely illustrating that it is not the first time you have levelled the "not a nice person" accusation towards someone. Based upon? Internet interactions having never met that person in the flesh. The only reason I'm keeping it going is that the other half is watching the football and I'm bored, but you knock yourself out taking offence where none was intended by all means.

"I always use notes if I am attracted to someone or not as that many people message I forget who is who so put wee notes in. Saves time to check ur notes when wee symbol comes up see what u typed in. I use this rather than blocking someone just on the grounds that they are not my cup of gin. Then they message and message again and have to be blocked.

Always laugh when look at my notes some of the things I have put down for some people "

totally agree

im glad it came out

Can you explain what about my previous profile that was getting personal. Merely illustrating that it is not the first time you have levelled the "not a nice person" accusation towards someone. Based upon? Internet interactions having never met that person in the flesh. The only reason I'm keeping it going is that the other half is watching the football and I'm bored, but you knock yourself out taking offence where none was intended by all means."

Who have I said that about.

I NEVER HAVE

it looks like you are making up stories for a point. If I have I will apologies but

I remember a comment in the past couple of years that I said "that he's not coming across as a nice person"

I think that is a big, big difference, don't you or you making an assumption that I think he's not a nice person

im glad it came out

Can you explain what about my previous profile that was getting personal. Merely illustrating that it is not the first time you have levelled the "not a nice person" accusation towards someone. Based upon? Internet interactions having never met that person in the flesh. The only reason I'm keeping it going is that the other half is watching the football and I'm bored, but you knock yourself out taking offence where none was intended by all means.

I NEVER HAVE

it looks like you are making up stories for a point. If I have I will apologies but

I remember a comment in the past couple of years that I said "that he's not coming across as a nice person"

I think that is a big, big difference, don't you or you making an assumption that I think he's not a nice person

"

He's not coming across as a nice person or he isnt a nice person 6 of one half a dozen of another and I dont make up stories thank you very much. Wasnt years ago it was on one of that guy HandOfTheQueens threads. Hey ho football is nearly finished and I'm even more bored with this as I am with football and thats saying something as I HATE football

im glad it came out

I NEVER HAVE

He's not coming across as a nice person or he isnt a nice person 6 of one half a dozen of another and I dont make up stories thank you very much. Wasnt years ago it was on one of that guy HandOfTheQueens threads. Hey ho football is nearly finished and I'm even more bored with this as I am with football and thats saying something as I HATE football "

HandOfTheQueens threads from years ago, never heard of the guy before wtf are you on about lolllllll

I hope people don't make assumption of you as I know I haven't made an assumption of you, its clear that you state you were just bored and wanted to carry on thinking you were at the windup

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Comedy gold

agreed,

I'm happy to play along as well as I'm not to perturbed

Is it a full moon?

"Is it a full moon?"

loll, I was just starting to find out peoples views on notes then I need to scroll up again to check lolll

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Is it a full moon?"

I just asked a fab friend this!

K x

im glad it came out

I NEVER HAVE

He's not coming across as a nice person or he isnt a nice person 6 of one half a dozen of another and I dont make up stories thank you very much. Wasnt years ago it was on one of that guy HandOfTheQueens threads. Hey ho football is nearly finished and I'm even more bored with this as I am with football and thats saying something as I HATE football

HandOfTheQueens threads from years ago, never heard of the guy before wtf are you on about lolllllll

I hope people don't make assumption of you as I know I haven't made an assumption of you, its clear that you state you were just bored and wanted to carry on thinking you were at the windup"

I dont make assumptions whether ot not you do quite frankly is immaterial. Given you're impaired memory recall you will have forgotten this whole exchange by tomorrow. I could be a bit of a cow and refer you to the post in question but theres like a minute and a half of injury time and its time for me to get my bones jumped. Toodles xxx

[Removed by poster at 12/09/17 21:41:31]

im glad it came out

I NEVER HAVE

I hope people don't make assumption of you as I know I haven't made an assumption of you, its clear that you state you were just bored and wanted to carry on thinking you were at the windup

I dont make assumptions whether ot not you do quite frankly is immaterial. Given you're impaired memory recall you will have forgotten this whole exchange by tomorrow. I could be a bit of a cow and refer you to the post in question but theres like a minute and a half of injury time and its time for me to get my bones jumped. Toodles xxx"

I forgot they have me blocked for a long time and I've never messaged them

pmsllllllllllllllll

"I never use that function... mebbe I should...

TREESSSSSSSSSS

"

I'm no tellin you whit I'm putting in my notes for you... you'll blush

TREESSSSSSSSSS

I'm no tellin you whit I'm putting in my notes for you... you'll blush "

You know me, so you know I wont blush

TREESSSSSSSSSS

You know me, so you know I wont blush "

Lol very true dammit musta been me then

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Can't get the thoughts of good guy good guy good guy wank out my head chewing the fat at its best .

TREESSSSSSSSSS

You know me, so you know I wont blush

Lol very true dammit musta been me then "

I wouldn't be able to tell, the trees would be blocking my view

We use the notes for people's real names and also whether or not we want to get nekkid with them.

"We use the notes for people's real names and also whether or not we want to get nekkid with them. "

loll, see you two

giggling like mad here

Jeez why hasn't this thread been deleted already???

» Add a new message to this topic