FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Just an observation

Just an observation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What about getting rid of the update part of fab website or maybe time to reinvent it with an alternative format

Is it just me or who else thinks the daily updates are full of neurotic self odsessives

Joseph x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

You dont have to look

By *alkirkbairnMan  over a year ago

Grangemouth

I like a laugh sometimes. Seeing guys go "I've had enough and deleting my account today" and the following day has "looking for a meet pm me"

My post is not a direct reply to having a knock back as you put it as the post said just an observation

Some people!!

By *xplorer13Man  over a year ago

glenrothes

It's getting like Facebook, I really don't give a shit if your tired and off to work .... get a grip! With you OP

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"It's getting like Facebook, I really don't give a shit if your tired and off to work .... get a grip! With you OP"

Maybe you should

That way you don't waste time messaging them if they are busy washing their hair

Positive angle

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just because you don't like it or doesn't fit with how you use the site doesn't make it wrong other people might like it. You have the choice to read or not to read

Noooooo I love that feature then you can see when ur friends add new pics. However I am nosey and love a perve or two . It's not just updates that are similar to facekeek the forums are the same with a lot more play ground behaviour now adays

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

This is a weird complaint. It's a good way to see what's going on in people's head. If someone is saying "love gogglebox!" Then you can decided if he or she is compatible or incompatible. I think it's a good indicator of the mindset behind who's on the profile.

Except mine. Mine are stupid.

Easiest thing in the world to ignore.

I guess some people get annoyed at documentaries on DVDs as extras too. You don't need to watch them.

By *alkirkbairnMan  over a year ago

Grangemouth

"And Mr bairn One meet in over a year.. Haha"

What's with the personal attack? Very uncalled for comment imo

Love updates. There are a number of people who are witty and clever but there is one lady in particular who's abuse of single men on a daily basis is worth the entry fee on its own. Just love that girl.

No one really reads updates do they ?????

"It's getting like Facebook, I really don't give a shit if your tired and off to work .... get a grip! With you OP

Maybe you should

That way you don't waste time messaging them if they are busy washing their hair

Positive angle "

I don't need status updates to know when not to message women, especially not crazy French ones...

Edinburgh

"No one really reads updates do they ????? "

I do... Am nosey

"No one really reads updates do they ?????

I do... Am nosey "

Must remember and say something interesting then max lol xx

Edinburgh

"It's getting like Facebook, I really don't give a shit if your tired and off to work .... get a grip! With you OP

Maybe you should

Positive angle

I don't need status updates to know when not to message women, especially not crazy French ones... "

wee tip... Crazy French Caribbean are the worse ones...

Edinburgh

I do... Am nosey

Must remember and say something interesting then max lol xx"

Haha

I do... Am nosey "

Me too... Cheap entertainment!

Maybe you should

Positive angle

I don't need status updates to know when not to message women, especially not crazy French ones...

wee tip... Crazy French Caribbean are the worse ones... "

Suspicions confirmed...

[Removed by poster at 13/09/17 19:43:56]

Maybe I'm reading the wrong posts And I did not mean to critise all of them some are great give me a stirring ha!!v but to many repeat posts from certain people going over the same old moans was what I meant

And I'm nooo mianing

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

I do... Am nosey "

Me too, love them

Someone should start a bad spelling thread

Love updates!!

Let's me know who to avoid

[Removed by poster at 13/09/17 20:35:42]

I know exactly what you mean,a certain person in my local updates keeps on putting things up,deleting accounts and starting up under a new name with the same pics and starting all over again with same moans

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

"Just because you don't like it or doesn't fit with how you use the site doesn't make it wrong other people might like it. You have the choice to read or not to read "

This. Don't like it, don't look

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

Am I only person that when having read this thread went straight to the updates to see what everyone is doing

By *litter and GrumpCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Am I only person that when having read this thread went straight to the updates to see what everyone is doing "

Nope I did it too lol x

By *ortland51Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"And Mr bairn One meet in over a year.. Haha"

No need for that at all. Poor form.

On the update feature, I like it for various reasons. Some can be amusing, some can alert you to whether someone is looking for a meet and it's also a useful reminder of social nights or events.

People should post updates if they want..Whether it's relatively trivial or not! Its harmless and as long as it's not making a dig at someone or being nasty, who cares? I don't tend to look at updates and not bothered if mine are read or not. I have found that it is a good way to generate some chat though

"What about getting rid of the update part of fab website or maybe time to reinvent it with an alternative format

Is it just me or who else thinks the daily updates are full of neurotic self odsessives

Joseph x "

It's just an observation you understand...

But... updates are a tool of the site that one can use in a fun/serious/silly/thoughtful way... as is said it's to show what your mood is... it's easily ignored or could provoke something interesting. I like em

Updates on the whole I agree are good but i think far too many of them smack of desperation

Totally get where the OP is coming from with the Facebook style updates on what is a swing site (surely its only a matter of time till someone posts "M&S chicken for tea. Nom nom nom"). Or folk who post same thing EVERY day.

But as others have said, it's a good way of making contact with folk by responding to them - often on a vanilla topic. Or as a heads up to immediately block them.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

The site offers many features this is just one of them!...its upto you if you choose to use it or not but no one should be critisised for using in the way they want to however as Ive mentioned before if its being used in a bad way ie to have a go at other members then they should be given a timeout just the same as they would if it was said on the forum or in chat to someone

Updates should be harmless trivia n fun, my latest is, laffing is good but not at others cos remember somones prob laffing at you xxx, penny

"Updates should be harmless trivia n fun, my latest is, laffing is good but not at others cos remember somones prob laffing at you xxx, penny "

"Updates should be harmless trivia n fun, my latest is, laffing is good but not at others cos remember somones prob laffing at you xxx, penny "

Couldn't have said it better.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

Someone's status is sometimes a reason a person grabs my attention and I'll send them a message. I think it's quite a good feature.

Never mind the ones where people have a moan, or say something along the lines of "i want cock/pussy" or whatever, obvious they're not my type then x

"The site offers many features this is just one of them!...its upto you if you choose to use it or not but no one should be critisised for using in the way they want to however as Ive mentioned before if its being used in a bad way ie to have a go at other members then they should be given a timeout just the same as they would if it was said on the forum or in chat to someone "

Agree with this. I've seen updates used as a sounding board all too often for people's frustrations and anger, obviously hoping that the person it was directed at reads it.

"The site offers many features this is just one of them!...its upto you if you choose to use it or not but no one should be critisised for using in the way they want to however as Ive mentioned before if its being used in a bad way ie to have a go at other members then they should be given a timeout just the same as they would if it was said on the forum or in chat to someone

Agree with this. I've seen updates used as a sounding board all too often for people's frustrations and anger, obviously hoping that the person it was directed at reads it."

me too and I know Ive been mentioned in this way too especially around social times xxx

"The site offers many features this is just one of them!...its upto you if you choose to use it or not but no one should be critisised for using in the way they want to however as Ive mentioned before if its being used in a bad way ie to have a go at other members then they should be given a timeout just the same as they would if it was said on the forum or in chat to someone

Agree with this. I've seen updates used as a sounding board all too often for people's frustrations and anger, obviously hoping that the person it was directed at reads it.me too and I know Ive been mentioned in this way too especially a found social times xxx"

. , I just remember that old saying, sticks n stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me, I'm gettn way to old lol, penny xxx.

Agree with this. I've seen updates used as a sounding board all too often for people's frustrations and anger, obviously hoping that the person it was directed at reads it.me too and I know Ive been mentioned in this way too especially a found social times xxx. , I just remember that old saying, sticks n stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me, I'm gettn way to old lol, penny xxx.

"

you me and both penny lol

Agree with this. I've seen updates used as a sounding board all too often for people's frustrations and anger, obviously hoping that the person it was directed at reads it.me too and I know Ive been mentioned in this way too especially a found social times xxx. , I just remember that old saying, sticks n stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me, I'm gettn way to old lol, penny xxx.

you me and both penny lol "

,,, as the song says dont stop me now were havn a good time were havn a ball , lol xxx penny

you me and both penny lol ,,, as the song says dont stop me now were havn a good time were havn a ball , lol xxx penny "

lol indeed

talkn bout socials i not been one in ages must be 2 yr ago, i tend to just go out with billy and his frend now, if we meet others by chance alls good xxx penny

"talkn bout socials i not been one in ages must be 2 yr ago, i tend to just go out with billy and his frend now, if we meet others by chance alls good xxx penny "
yeah not seen you both in yrs it seems like

"talkn bout socials i not been one in ages must be 2 yr ago, i tend to just go out with billy and his frend now, if we meet others by chance alls good xxx penny yeah not seen you both in yrs it seems like "
,, yea we must get along to one xxx penny, lots o folk i used to kno eether left or got hitched lol, x

I actually like being able to add an update

» Add a new message to this topic