FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Names

Names

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *xplorer13 OP   Man  over a year ago

glenrothes

Now I know people don't like to be labellled but my question is what are the labels? Ok straight, bi I have got it, but what is the difference between a cross dresser. A bloke wearing a womans clothing and a transvestite? That's s guy wearing women's clothes too. Then I get really confused with transgender, are they guys who have had their balls and penis cut off?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *xplorer13 OP   Man  over a year ago

glenrothes

Have I missed any?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Labels are gay

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"Now I know people don't like to be labellled but my question is what are the labels? Ok straight, bi I have got it, but what is the difference between a cross dresser. A bloke wearing a womans clothing and a transvestite? That's s guy wearing women's clothes too. Then I get really confused with transgender, are they guys who have had their balls and penis cut off? "
not to mention the pronoun lobbyists will have a comfy jail cell for some of your terminology shortly

By *oanne_MacTV/TS  over a year ago

Cunty Durham

transgender is an umbrella term to incorporate anyone, male or female who feels discomfort in their day to day life with their assigned birth gender..(gender dysphoria)

transexual is someone who is actively taking steps to change gender via hormones and ultimately surgery..

Transvestite is a dated terminology coined about 100 years ago, but typically will present fully in the attire/make up of the opposite gender, they mostly dont want to transition or go out in public "dressed" but may well have discomfort with who they are and experience a degree of dysphoria...

cross dresser does it to get their rocks off, often no make up, no wig, no hair removal etc....

but then again google could have told you this

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

I wonder what peoples thoughts are on what is happening in lots of countrys just now (think the issue has been raised here also but not at the legislation stage).

The issue centres on transpeople wanting to be recognised by pronouns of their choosing and laws being passed to force people to abide by their wishes.

The problem I have with this concept s a law forces people to do something they believe to be totally wrong. As an aside im not against transfolk I am against being forced to use what to me are madeup words that I dont agree with (my belief is we are born a gender or change that gender but there can never be a third or multiples thereafter of other genders)

im sure many believe in multiple genders my thoughts here are more on a govt forcing people to use terminology they dont agree with (jordan peterson in canada is what ive been watching alot of at the moment also nyc legislation)

» Add a new message to this topic