FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Christmas eve traditions

Christmas eve traditions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1 OP   Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Whats are your Christmas eve traditions?

Ours used to be taking the kids out for dinner then to the panto .

Kids all grown up now so its a day preparing bits and pieces for Christmas day dinner then ordering takeaway and chilling out in front of tv but thinking this year of heading into Town for a wee wander around the lights at George square the heading to Miller & Carter for dinner

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

We usually wrap on Christmas Eve n have a takeaway, watch Christmas movies n send the kids round the neighbours to post the cards through.

Fingers crossed that’s what we’re doing as the restaurant bookings are filling up fast so may possibly have to work

K x

"We usually wrap on Christmas Eve n have a takeaway, watch Christmas movies n send the kids round the neighbours to post the cards through.

Fingers crossed that’s what we’re doing as the restaurant bookings are filling up fast so may possibly have to work

K x"

sounds like fun....Enjoy xXx

By *inUpGirlWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Give my wee one his xmas eve box and we get snuggled up in new jammies with the dvd and popcorn afyer a take away for dinner x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I bake Christmas cookies with the kids, they get baths and Xmas eve boxes and we watch a Xmas movie then snuggle up and read the Christmas book I had when I was a child.

Musicmaid x

My dad comes to stay every Christmas eve as my mum usually works a nightshift then comes round first thing to watch my boy open his presents. He opens his gift from me on Christmas eve and gets santas gifts in the morning. My dad and I pour rum for Santa and drink it once the boy is in his bed! This year she isnt working so both are staying over and we are going to the midnight carol service. This is the first year my boy has known santa isnt real. But he is still pretending bless him

"I bake Christmas cookies with the kids, they get baths and Xmas eve boxes and we watch a Xmas movie then snuggle up and read the Christmas book I had when I was a child.

Musicmaid x"

That's really nice reading the book you had as a child, maybe your grandchildren will end up reading it too some day x

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

It's my birthday so we always have a night out on the town. Well apart from last year when we went to the cinema instead.

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

Once the kids are in bed, usually after a day out. I spend half the night wrapping and playing Santa whilst sobbing into my prosecco that 9 years on I'm still doing all this alone. I usually get to bed around 3. Up at 6 to sre it all thrown away lol

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

The only ever Christmas Eve tradition we had was the Candlelight Service at the local Church.

My girlfriend is more a Christmas Day traditionalist, so most stuff on the 25th instead, nowadays.

Mandy

By *ucyfur77Woman  over a year ago

Pleasuretown

Usually order a cheeky wee takeaway

First time in years I'm not working, so heading into town to soak up the atmosphere with the child, then stagger home after a wee cocktail. Definitely a takeaway too!

By *egs11ABCWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Usually work but my daughter has just had a baby so spending the evening with her and the kids watching Xmas movies and having a Chinese x

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Doon the Barras

John

By *unineastscotWoman  over a year ago

East Scotland

Home to my wee village for drinks in one of the local pubs.

Everyone goes, kids as well, and its great fun.

My wee mums birthday so lunch and flowers.

During the day I will be doing last minute shopping then sit in Starbucks with my daughter having a cup or early grey and a mincemeat pie. Then home for last minute wrapping before going to Christmas Eve service at the church. Then make my soup - then collapse in the chair with a glass of red!

Working Xmas eve this year but off before and after , don’t get to see my wee one on Xmas day so have her weekend before and in between Xmas and new year x

By *exy gentMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

We the kids where younger I would read the same Christmas every year, now older and I miss that magic look in their eyes. Now it's getting ready for the big day have a few beers through out the day

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

Trying to get the timing right for the trip to the supermarket for the bargain hunting!

Too early and not everything is vastly reduced, too late and it's all gone!

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

"Trying to get the timing right for the trip to the supermarket for the bargain hunting!

Too early and not everything is vastly reduced, too late and it's all gone!

"

I'm glad it's not just me that does this!!

By *ikkevCouple  over a year ago

larkhall

Usually its finish off last wee bits then take away and a wee drink since the girls dont believe in santa anymore. But im working this year and so is kevin so well try work round it lol

Kirsty xx

Lots of lovely stories

By *litter and GrumpCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

My traditions are all going to need to be new this year as it’s just me and grump. There is no way in hell I could get him to midnight mass with me.

Used to be my mum and brothers would come stay with me xmas eve, we would all go to midnight mass then come home open one present then go to bed. In morning we would have a big fry up and open our presents together then my brothers would go do their own thing and me and my mum would go to my ex partners parents for dinner.

» Add a new message to this topic