FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > scotland chatroom

scotland chatroom

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heik yourwilly OP   Man  over a year ago

shire

why is the scotland chatroom so quiet nowadays

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Did it used to be more lively? I'm still relatively new so don't know what it was like before.

shire

"Did it used to be more lively? I'm still relatively new so don't know what it was like before. "
it used to be full day in day out

Dunno then....Maybe one of the pros will be along to shed some light shortly

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Not a pro but yeah the chat rooms used to be much busier, think over time it’s a turn over of new users who just don’t know it’s there which is a shame

John

Used to be a real good laugh on there. Last few times I went on was dead. Granted was a long time ago. Shame though as can be good way of meeting folks

Would suggest the big difference is a lot of the folk using it now log on with phones. Harder to chat and follow conversation than on laptop etc. Most probably now just jump on to perv cams.

Not been in chat room for ages used to be a great laugh especially after a bottle of wine and I would find the cam button

By *dlilbumCouple  over a year ago

Aviemore and regularly visit Glasgow

I can remember it being quite busy back in the day. Used to be quite good fun!

I agree with the guy above though, most people are browsing fab on their phones now, that style of chatroom has gone completely out of fashion.

D x

[Removed by poster at 21/12/17 20:14:36]

I have been on Fab from the start. Was always in the chat room. Pinkchick I haven't used the chat rooms for year and years. Like has been said. I used to use the laptop with cam. Now my phone. Just not practical to use chat and keep up and type on my phone xxxx

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

The Chatroom used to be a good laugh and a great atmosphere.

Using the phones and people moving on is maybe to blame for the quiteness.

By *ouise and jamieCouple  over a year ago

Dunfermline

We tried the chat rooms for a while when we first joined around 4 or 5 years ago but we found it very cliquish and was really difficult as a newbie to join in with the chat most of the time we were ignored, so in the end we gave up and have not used them in years

"We tried the chat rooms for a while when we first joined around 4 or 5 years ago but we found it very cliquish and was really difficult as a newbie to join in with the chat most of the time we were ignored, so in the end we gave up and have not used them in years "

Same reason I don't use it as well

"Not been in chat room for ages used to be a great laugh especially after a bottle of wine and I would find the cam button "

Or 2 bottles of wine, maybe 3.

It has been quiet the last few times I've went in.

"Not been in chat room for ages used to be a great laugh especially after a bottle of wine and I would find the cam button

It has been quiet the last few times I've went in. "

I don’t go on without wine

[Removed by poster at 21/12/17 21:20:39]

"Not been in chat room for ages used to be a great laugh especially after a bottle of wine and I would find the cam button

It has been quiet the last few times I've went in. "

Ruby you know me so well

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple  over a year ago

markinch

The original scottish room was a great laugh, it was a wee community in itself. Dont think alot of new folk realise its a non directing room which when they come in shouting get your tits out etc it ruining the room. and agree the use on phones is more suited to the forums than chatrooms

Migrated over here from SH when fab started and chat “was” the place to be.

stopped using the rooms years ago though as rooms filled with wanna be directors.

The Scottish chat room used to be such a laugh, so many mad people in fir what it was, a chat room and a right good laugh. It has changed as fab itself has changed and not for the good

Although sometimes when in and the right chatty people come it then it can be a right good laugh.

It's deffo not the place to look fir a meet although it still does happen but sometimes you find out about a party here n there and you might end up with at it

Any directing idiots are usually booted and you always get a disrespectful egit now and then but they don't last long

Don't think there is any cliques just people who go in regular and chatget to know the ones who chat

It still is a fun place, not all the time

I've only been here a few months but i've also noticed a decline in the scottish room. Could be a lot of things, time of year, profile turnover, newer members, cliques etc.

For what it's worth, i've had some brilliant nights on the chat

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

I’ve seen me on as the only person, chats feckin great then lol

Told off for directing myself

Not a big user of the chat rooms, prefer forums mostly, but can’t say I’ve ever noticed Scotland forum being overly busy tbh

By *hilhendersonMan  over a year ago

aberdeen

I thought it was me...I've noticed the Scottish room has been really quiet of late...used to go on morning ,noon and night and would find a friendly bunch to talk shit too...the last few months it's been dead

Pity..it used to be a right laugh...

By *oanne_MacTV/TS  over a year ago

Cunty Durham

It has died a bit of a death. Even when it was busy most just sit saying nowt, probably wanking...

Used to be the same people who would actually try and get chatter going, after a while you cant be arsed

By *onkeymagic50Man  over a year ago

Near the harbour

It's the ducks the conquered and assimilated all I did warn you folks 2 years ago ,but nòooo one listened

By *illnatMan  over a year ago

wherever i need to be

Been in a couple of times lately. Lots of newbies (well new to me anyway). Plus I definitely think that the time of year doesn’t help. It still has its moments.

Used to be in regularly back in the day.

Always got my asterisks wrong when trying to whisper usually causing all ends of hilarity

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple  over a year ago

markinch

"Used to be in regularly back in the day.

Always got my asterisks wrong when trying to whisper usually causing all ends of hilarity "

Lol yeah everyone went ooopsy when that happened

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

SO many nice genuine people frequented the Scotland chat room. NOW it's full of wanna be directors. But worse than that is the nasty, vile individuals who come on ONLY for the reason of winding people up. They never join in general chat but sit there and then come in with their hatred and nastiness. Issue is, fab admin do nothing about them.However, it's to their financial detriment as and when people don't continue to subscribe.

"SO many nice genuine people frequented the Scotland chat room. NOW it's full of wanna be directors. But worse than that is the nasty, vile individuals who come on ONLY for the reason of winding people up. They never join in general chat but sit there and then come in with their hatred and nastiness. Issue is, fab admin do nothing about them.However, it's to their financial detriment as and when people don't continue to subscribe. "

Have to say I've missed that the few times I've been on....fortunately by the sound of things! It's been quiet but everyone was nice enough even to me as a newbie.

"Used to be in regularly back in the day.

Always got my asterisks wrong when trying to whisper usually causing all ends of hilarity

Lol yeah everyone went ooopsy when that happened "

Really miss the old chat days.. hat Tuesday was a special night

I used to look in quite a bit at one time and had some good fun , enjoyed the banter . After drifting away I've looked in a couple of time recently and its seemed a bit quiet to me too

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

Over the years it has gone up and down, with the changeover from old style to new it was fun watching people moan as the old room emptied while the current filled up.

Look folks, it doesn't matter if Scottish chat room has changed. All you really need to know that the room is in party mode when I enter and on cam.

Intellectual chat with good looks in the chat room, what can I say, then I enter bringing a excitement of stories, news,witty banter with an average nr ugly look

Ok, Ok, I get it, I'll get ma coat

shire

dream on hahahahahahaha

to be honest its been in decline a while, and I've been going to other rooms..yeah the directing rooms..if I'm going to just be chatting with folks in the scottish room..why not elsewhere?(and there's some potential meetups..just a bit of distance lol)

note to others: the directing rooms do not mean you have to take directions.

fair enough its quite sex orientated...supposedly that's part of our 'lifestyle' anyway.

It is very fast paced..which used to be the same for scottish chat when the room was full

Generally, outwith chat..these days there does some to be some dampening happening..with many only using clubs or socials to meet

By *argaidMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Maybe instead of us all moaning about the decline we should be getting back in there and taking the room back from the trolls and the directors.

Maybe bring back hat Tuesday for non!

"Maybe instead of us all moaning about the decline we should be getting back in there and taking the room back from the trolls and the directors.

Maybe bring back hat Tuesday for non!"

Yes until the trolls multiply and form a clique and we are all thrown out for not agreeing with them

Old Skool chat reunion .. who is in?

"Old Skool chat reunion .. who is in?"

Define old school, is there a cut off time ?

"Old Skool chat reunion .. who is in?

Define old school, is there a cut off time ?"

Old chat room with whispers

But all is welcome ..well maybe not trolls

By *lder59Man  over a year ago

Cumbernauld

It would help if new members were not ignored. You were all new members once. The cliques spoil it for everyone. We are all on for fun . Not just the chosen few. Especially if your more mature. Just because we're over 55 doesn't mean we are incapable of chatting / meeting. At least older gents say thank you

"Old Skool chat reunion .. who is in?

Define old school, is there a cut off time ?

Old chat room with whispers

But all is welcome ..well maybe not trolls "

That was before my time but as I don't turn to stone in daylight so I guess I'm no troll , count me in

Ok we're quite new only 4 or 5 month can we participate would good to see what it was like

Are new members allowed then not trolls xx

"It would help if new members were not ignored. You were all new members once. The cliques spoil it for everyone. We are all on for fun . Not just the chosen few. Especially if your more mature. Just because we're over 55 doesn't mean we are incapable of chatting / meeting. At least older gents say thank you"

I don't think new members are ignored

I know say hi to people who chat in the room. I don't bother with people who dont chat and just stay in room without chatting. If your new just watch the conversations and if you feel like jumping in and saying something on the subject, then do so.

Is there cliques, nope i dont think so, people do know each other as they have been on fab for a while but that's about it. I aint part of any clique, thats for sure and never will be and do chat to anyone. But in the room, old or new if you act like an ass, women or men then you get what you give. if your respectful then you get the same back,. I suppose its only human nature.

Not sure if people go into the room with preconceptions of cliques or is a room to get a meet or to direct. usually none of theses, its a room to chat, some people are on cam as I know I usually am but its face only. Sometimes guys come in with cock showing etc.. and they are usually ignored in the Scottish chat room.

Just go in and chat away, Im sure all newbies will enjoy it.

We all know new and experienced, you get assholes everywhere and at every level, just deal with it, ignore and move on.

"It would help if new members were not ignored. You were all new members once. The cliques spoil it for everyone. We are all on for fun . Not just the chosen few. Especially if your more mature. Just because we're over 55 doesn't mean we are incapable of chatting / meeting. At least older gents say thank you

I don't think new members are ignored

I know say hi to people who chat in the room. I don't bother with people who dont chat and just stay in room without chatting. If your new just watch the conversations and if you feel like jumping in and saying something on the subject, then do so.

Is there cliques, nope i dont think so, people do know each other as they have been on fab for a while but that's about it. I aint part of any clique, thats for sure and never will be and do chat to anyone. But in the room, old or new if you act like an ass, women or men then you get what you give. if your respectful then you get the same back,. I suppose its only human nature.

Not sure if people go into the room with preconceptions of cliques or is a room to get a meet or to direct. usually none of theses, its a room to chat, some people are on cam as I know I usually am but its face only. Sometimes guys come in with cock showing etc.. and they are usually ignored in the Scottish chat room.

Just go in and chat away, Im sure all newbies will enjoy it.

We all know new and experienced, you get assholes everywhere and at every level, just deal with it, ignore and move on.

"

I agree with horsey on this 100%. If someone says "hi" to the room most of us in there (if we see it, we may be busy/distracted) will say hi back, if they then choose not to reply then thats their choice. But I've been in there, and I'm sure others will back me up, and there's been 25 folk in but only 3 to 8 folk chatting. And no one makes an effort to join in. When I first joined I did as advised; watched and waited to join in on a topic I felt happy about and since then I've not shut up lol

The chat is like this site in general, if you make an effort you will get something out of it

I find new eye candy, I mean people are always welcomed. I was new once upon a time and I ain't in any clique. I only know people from a few socials I've went to after chatting to them in chat rooms.

Boxing Day evening Scottish chatroom .. wear a hat

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

"Boxing Day evening Scottish chatroom .. wear a hat "

If you can't wear a hat try tinsel...

By *lder59Man  over a year ago

Cumbernauld

I have tried what you suggested but I can assure you I have been ignored. I was polite at all times. I can appreciate people have the option to chat or not but surely a response of some sort isn't too much to ask for

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"I have tried what you suggested but I can assure you I have been ignored. I was polite at all times. I can appreciate people have the option to chat or not but surely a response of some sort isn't too much to ask for"
why ? If they see no point in conversing with you thats their choice. You have to just accept that and try to converse with others who will chat. Not been in chat for yrs as got sick of reading the porn directors smut.

"I have tried what you suggested but I can assure you I have been ignored. I was polite at all times. I can appreciate people have the option to chat or not but surely a response of some sort isn't too much to ask for"

Just because some of the people don't chat to you don't take it that they're all the same. Unfortunately, ignorant people are allowed in as well and they might have just nit bothered if the people talking might have been too engrossed in their conversation or the room chat might have went to fast to see your 'hi's'. It happens.

Start a conversation with anyone in the room, if shy or unsure what to say, then have a quick swatch of their profiles and start a question about something they said on their profile or where they are from, do it respectfully and tack fully and I'm sure yiu will get a reply.

Remember I've know people on fab fir over 7 years and recently it's the first time I've seen them on chat so they maybe new as well and just watching to see what's what.

Honestly it ain't the bad orople make it out but it has changed from years ago but it still has its great nights

Merry Xmas all.

XxX. Peter

Someone at th start said it used to be full day in and out.... eh it’s never full. If it is half the people are Scottish and there’s tits on a camera.

I’ll give you it used to have a regular 20-40 people and is smaller now but “full”? You’re nuts bro.

Many moons ago I used to hang out in Scottish Chat and it was always full with brilliant banter. Was even a bit of a cam chick I’ve popped in recently and don’t know anyone anymore. Remember the giggles we had when someone meant to ‘whisper’ only they didn’t and we all saw what he was gonna do to her

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"Someone at th start said it used to be full day in and out.... eh it’s never full. If it is half the people are Scottish and there’s tits on a camera.

I’ll give you it used to have a regular 20-40 people and is smaller now but “full”? You’re nuts bro. "

no you hax to wait on folk leaving to enter especially at nights

As i said folks the site is what you make it.

As others have said the room is now getting full of wannabe directors which do ruin it a tad. The main point I stick to though is if you say "hello all/room/folks" etc someone WILL say hello. I often add welcome to the mad house if they say they are new . Once the ice is broken its a lot easier to chat.

To any newbies reading this just preserve and keep going, once the banter soon full flow it's a great laugh

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I tried the chat room. Found it to be cliquey and difficult to have a conversation.

Usually end up just messaging people or exchanging numbers or kik

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Someone at th start said it used to be full day in and out.... eh it’s never full. If it is half the people are Scottish and there’s tits on a camera.

I’ll give you it used to have a regular 20-40 people and is smaller now but “full”? You’re nuts bro. "

Not been in chat for years now (wasn't enjoying it as many had moved on) but it used to be 'full'... full as over 100 people logged in the Room. I can't remember the limit.

Some nights, you had to wait for someone to leave to get access to the chatroom.

They were a good giggle and I have met some lovely people from those nights speaking daft on chat

By *honny 555Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Hello folk's how are you hope everyone had a merry Christmas what is everybody upto

I don't use the chat room, that's not for me but I do like seeing what's happening on the forum. I may give my opinion or advice on a few things but it's not constant. I'm on just now as I'm having lunch lol but most of the time, if I come on here, it's in the evenings. What do I get out of it? I just like to see what everyone is talking about and keeping up with all things Fab x

» Add a new message to this topic