FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > More like Instagram than swinging now??

More like Instagram than swinging now??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *adboy100069 OP   Man  over a year ago

glasgow

More like Instagram than swinging now?? Feel this place has totally changed for me, been on off for sat 6 years now and TBH I feel it's not the same, more random profiles made then deleted after few mins /hours , crazy requests for meets like a job interview, and overall attitude on here has changed, any thoughts??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That's just society in general now mate.

Everyone's obsessed with how they are perceived online, following false heroes and chasing unlikely lifestyles, all filtering themselves to within an inch of their lives, pretending they're having a great time, fooling themselves into believing people give a shit about their status updates, twitter posts, latest picture on Facebook, or whatever.

People are too busy caring about how many people they can show online or tell about a particular moment rather than actually enjoy it.

99.9% of it is all bollocks.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Fab is what you make of it yourself. It’s worth spending the time making friends and going to socials. Much better fun when you can meet them more than once.

The site and scene has definitely changed and evolved over the 7/8 years I’ve been swinging and I’m not always sure for the better as the instant gratification that the Facebook/instagram world we live in now requires has took some of the mystery/excitement that I enjoyed before but in saying that I enjoy the social side of it more, making new friend and acquaintances that I wouldn’t have met before simply as I would have looked at the profile and thought nope not my type.

Musicmaid x

I find it quite like any other social media a lot of the time. Particularly the forums sometimes. Chat about dinner and hill walking. We are here for swinging, meeting like minded people and having some fun along the way. Organised socials are good way to meet people and you often find they are way better in person than an online profile would appear.

The general day to day stuff I see enough of on fb etc

Mrs

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"More like Instagram than swinging now?? Feel this place has totally changed for me, been on off for sat 6 years now and TBH I feel it's not the same, more random profiles made then deleted after few mins /hours , crazy requests for meets like a job interview, and overall attitude on here has changed, any thoughts?? "

I agree overall attitude has changed indeed!

Too many people focusing on the negative points... and voicing it!!

Am of the view, if you don't like something... change it... do something about it... moaning and wanting people to moan with you about it really does grate me!

On here and in vanilla world for that matter!!

So if the place is not fun for you anymore OP. Hide your profile, delete your profile, take a break and get some fresh air!

Good luck OP

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"More like Instagram than swinging now?? Feel this place has totally changed for me, been on off for sat 6 years now and TBH I feel it's not the same, more random profiles made then deleted after few mins /hours , crazy requests for meets like a job interview, and overall attitude on here has changed, any thoughts??

Am of the view, if you don't like something... change it... do something about it... moaning and wanting people to moan with you about it really does grate me!

So if the place is not fun for you anymore OP. Hide your profile, delete your profile, take a break and get some fresh air!

Good luck OP

"

well said Max

I’ll second that Max, change is natural and unstoppable. You either go with the flow or to quote a Fleetwood Mac song you go your own way. No point in complaining

Never been on Instagram so not a clue there.

But yeah it has changed over the years, like everything else in life.

Though I don't see it as a bad thing!

This is the closest I get to social media. I don't use any of these outlets, probably because I'm not self absorbed, or self obsessed. It's great that fab only allows pictures of humans on here, so we don't have to see photos of peoples' dinner, or their pets, or whatever.

"More like Instagram than swinging now?? Feel this place has totally changed for me, been on off for sat 6 years now and TBH I feel it's not the same, more random profiles made then deleted after few mins /hours , crazy requests for meets like a job interview, and overall attitude on here has changed, any thoughts?? "

It’s the same as it was years ago just more people tbh I’m 10years on off

By *heekyguy2Man  over a year ago

Local

Been on and off (mostly on) for 10/11yrs and totally changed. The site isn't what it used to.be, nor are the ppl and it practically impossible to get a conversation started here due to the numbers of men vs women/couples. Plus there's a lot of haters on single guys as one negative personal experience taints the rest of us the same.

Just what it is, it's really just a place to sit back and watch the drama unless you go along to socials or cjs/after8

By *eADevilCouple  over a year ago

Blantyre

"More like Instagram than swinging now?? Feel this place has totally changed for me, been on off for sat 6 years now and TBH I feel it's not the same, more random profiles made then deleted after few mins /hours , crazy requests for meets like a job interview, and overall attitude on here has changed, any thoughts??

Good luck OP

"

As relative newbies to the swingers world we cant comment about years ago. Perhaps the site has changed because the views on sex has changed. Sex talk, sex shows like sex box, more open mindedness has led to lots more 'vanilla' looking to experience it , just as we did. Also agree with Max , some people want to focus more on the negative but thats also todays society, they feel offended about a comment or look and see themselves as victims when there was NO comment OR look but only friendly banter that took place. Ben Shapiro is a Jewish lawyer who regularly appears on tv talking about the 'snowflake' society, ie 1 person out of millions takes offence to something and starts a movement to get laws changed etc when all that happened was they suffered hurt feelings. Thats life, it happens get over it. It recently happened on here too, wont go into detail. As Max said also if you dont like something about Fab just hit that delete button, and your problems over . Simples.

By *elsbells2011Couple  over a year ago

fife

As much as I kind of agree with max statement I also kind of disagree aswell, We have been here for around 4/5 years, the site has really changed in some ways for better and many ways worse. Dont really think it’s really fair to almost say “ this is how it is now if you don’t like it leave”. We used to really enjoy the site and have had some amazing meets but if you look through the forums it generally seems to be 80% the same people posting, either they start the posts or take over other posts like a gang of vultures. It’s easy to say well if you don’t like how it is then leave but surely that’s against the whole reason behind swinging which is to meet and chat to a wide variety of people with a common interest. If everyone that was a bit unhappy or raised a grievance deleted profile and just left eventually would end up with a glorified private WhatsApp group for a bunch of friends. Although we tend not to get involved in the social side of fab we do use it for a purpose and we understand others use it for other purposes to suit their needs, just think it’s a bit narrow minded when people put “ if your not happy then leave because not everyone likes the same things and it’s better to keep a variety rather than drive out anyone with different opinions to yours

Blantyre

"As much as I kind of agree with max statement I also kind of disagree aswell, We have been here for around 4/5 years, the site has really changed in some ways for better and many ways worse. Dont really think it’s really fair to almost say “ this is how it is now if you don’t like it leave”. We used to really enjoy the site and have had some amazing meets but if you look through the forums it generally seems to be 80% the same people posting, either they start the posts or take over other posts like a gang of vultures. It’s easy to say well if you don’t like how it is then leave but surely that’s against the whole reason behind swinging which is to meet and chat to a wide variety of people with a common interest. If everyone that was a bit unhappy or raised a grievance deleted profile and just left eventually would end up with a glorified private WhatsApp group for a bunch of friends. Although we tend not to get involved in the social side of fab we do use it for a purpose and we understand others use it for other purposes to suit their needs, just think it’s a bit narrow minded when people put “ if your not happy then leave because not everyone likes the same things and it’s better to keep a variety rather than drive out anyone with different opinions to yours"

Think she was more directing at the negativity on site these days. You put your point across in a fair and balanced way so although you disagreed with a viewpoint you explained why so not a negative viewpoint. Some people post on here purely to destroy others and say how they hate all things Fab. Thats the people that should leave if they feel that strongly about it.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"As much as I kind of agree with max statement I also kind of disagree aswell, We have been here for around 4/5 years, the site has really changed in some ways for better and many ways worse. Dont really think it’s really fair to almost say “ this is how it is now if you don’t like it leave”. We used to really enjoy the site and have had some amazing meets but if you look through the forums it generally seems to be 80% the same people posting, either they start the posts or take over other posts like a gang of vultures. It’s easy to say well if you don’t like how it is then leave but surely that’s against the whole reason behind swinging which is to meet and chat to a wide variety of people with a common interest. If everyone that was a bit unhappy or raised a grievance deleted profile and just left eventually would end up with a glorified private WhatsApp group for a bunch of friends. Although we tend not to get involved in the social side of fab we do use it for a purpose and we understand others use it for other purposes to suit their needs, just think it’s a bit narrow minded when people put “ if your not happy then leave because not everyone likes the same things and it’s better to keep a variety rather than drive out anyone with different opinions to yours

Think she was more directing at the negativity on site these days. You put your point across in a fair and balanced way so although you disagreed with a viewpoint you explained why so not a negative viewpoint. Some people post on here purely to destroy others and say how they hate all things Fab. Thats the people that should leave if they feel that strongly about it."

Absoloutley spot on with this comment!!!

Time and time again you see posts like the ones Max describes and for some if things aint going their way they get so stroppy and think the world of fab and Its members owe them something ...newsglash it doesnt and your time on here is what

YOU make it not other members

One never hooked up with anyone from instagram.

Am I doing this wrong?

Fab has changed a lot especially since I've been on it, three and half years now. I agree it has more bed points but it has a lot of good too. It's upped my social life, what with going to the socials, cj's, after 8 and since I started meeting people again back in October. I'm enjoying it more now as last year wasn't a good time for me but my friends who I met through Fab have seen to it that I can have fun on here by myself and I'm doing that. It is what you make it and I'm making it a choice to enjoy it. You only live once after all! x

By *mberbCouple  over a year ago

Lothians

Edinburgh

"As much as I kind of agree with max statement I also kind of disagree aswell, We have been here for around 4/5 years, the site has really changed in some ways for better and many ways worse. Dont really think it’s really fair to almost say “ this is how it is now if you don’t like it leave”. We used to really enjoy the site and have had some amazing meets but if you look through the forums it generally seems to be 80% the same people posting, either they start the posts or take over other posts like a gang of vultures. It’s easy to say well if you don’t like how it is then leave but surely that’s against the whole reason behind swinging which is to meet and chat to a wide variety of people with a common interest. If everyone that was a bit unhappy or raised a grievance deleted profile and just left eventually would end up with a glorified private WhatsApp group for a bunch of friends. Although we tend not to get involved in the social side of fab we do use it for a purpose and we understand others use it for other purposes to suit their needs, just think it’s a bit narrow minded when people put “ if your not happy then leave because not everyone likes the same things and it’s better to keep a variety rather than drive out anyone with different opinions to yours"

I am definitely not a person that has a phobia of others point of view!

Was actually discussing this with a fabber yesterday.

We have 1 mouth and 2 ears for a reason! So am happy to listen too.

I didn't say to the OP to leave, I said...

...So if the place is not fun for you anymore OP. Hide your profile, delete your profile, take a break and get some fresh air!...

We all have a phase when Fab is not fun anymore and gets boring!!

Why let Fab frustrates you?! Personally, I don't use fab to be frustrated.

You have the option to leave or take a step back. And come back when your frame of mind is up for it!

You have no control over the people using Fab or other sites. But you have control over how you deal with it.

I gave the same advice to a friend hyperventilating about stuff on Facebook!!

Turn it off!! Have a break! Why use something that frustrates you?! And don't particularly need? And she did!

Anyway hope this clarifies that

Beautifully said my wee Petit Pois

Blantyre

Wheres the off button. Not for Fab or Forum . The off button for Max . Im dead meat if we ever bump into each other for a 2nd time .

"Wheres the off button. Not for Fab or Forum . The off button for Max . Im dead meat if we ever bump into each other for a 2nd time . "

I'd like to be dead meat after she was finished with me.

Edinburgh

"Wheres the off button. Not for Fab or Forum . The off button for Max . Im dead meat if we ever bump into each other for a 2nd time . "

Haha! I might decide to wait for the 3rd or 4th time lol ya never know lol

Edinburgh

"Wheres the off button. Not for Fab or Forum . The off button for Max . Im dead meat if we ever bump into each other for a 2nd time .

I'd like to be dead meat after she was finished with me. "

You say that protected by your screen

"Wheres the off button. Not for Fab or Forum . The off button for Max . Im dead meat if we ever bump into each other for a 2nd time .

You say that protected by your screen "

You inferring I'm not that brave?

Edinburgh

You inferring I'm not that brave? "

Just saying ya dinnae want to be deid meat lol

Just saying ya dinnae want to be deid meat lol "

Says who? It be a great way to go!

Edinburgh

Says who? It be a great way to go! "

Very true

Says who? It be a great way to go!

Very true "

How many victims have you had?

glasgow

Thank you for all your views , it was interesting to see other fabbers points rather than just my own , I will try take some of what max said and take a break at times and agree with another fabbers point with everything changes but I feel it doesn't necessarily need to change for the worse. happy swinging guys thank u xxxx

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

you cant complain about profiles made then deleted after a few mins/hours.

when by your own words you have been on and off over six yrs

My thoughts are that the internet’s growth has changed many things but maybe you’ve changed too. The site is the site, it remains much the same, everyone uses it as they see fit, as they should

[Removed by poster at 22/02/18 09:46:20]

glasgow

"More like Instagram than swinging now?? Feel this place has totally changed for me, been on off for sat 6 years now and TBH I feel it's not the same, more random profiles made then deleted after few mins /hours , crazy requests for meets like a job interview, and overall attitude on here has changed, any thoughts?? you cant complain about profiles made then deleted after a few mins/hours.

when by your own words you have been on and off over six yrs"

the periods I was fabbing was months maybe a year at a time ,not minutes /hours , big difference between the both and I think you have got me wrong with "on off" I think most would agree with me in that instance, and I do disagree with people making profiles pic collecting etc then Instantly deleted , thanks for comment anyway tho kola

» Add a new message to this topic