FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Good manners! where have they gone?

Good manners! where have they gone?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ouple123 OP   Couple  over a year ago

perthshire

It may just be the way we were raised as kids, but "good manners" was always being drummed into us an essential people skill that would be required in adult life!

Surely it is only curteous to reply to any message received.

Regardless of who contacts us we always reply, whether it is a polite decline or more.....

A quick e mail replying to someones interest isn't asking too much - is it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oznrayCouple  over a year ago

helensburgh

i know what you mean we try to answer emails too, but sometime you get bombarded by mail you've not asked for and manners work both ways, if its obvious that we've said no to someone ie age or single guys and they can't or don't read then why should we answer.

just my 2p worth

ray

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

we always reply,,,even if its a no thanks

yip i agree manners cost nothing xx

auds xx

By *icboyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I am the same always reply...take my rejections with a smile...and am polite...Even when some one is rude to me...it happen more than is good here...

perthshire

Yeah, fully understand - people that cannot read your profile or previous correspondence need to be blocked and do not deserve future contact.

where we are coming from are first time introductory emails......

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

always reply myself but having seen the amount single fems get i wouldnt reply to all them either its choice ust take it that they him her are not intrested

what?

you mean the ,,,hello fancy a f..k??

dosnt float your boat??? lol

auds xx

I can't reply to every message I get. I would spend all day replying and never actually chatting to people. I'm not rude just haven't got enough hrs in the day. Half the time when you say no thanks you get one back saying why not. You can't win really xx

By *icboyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

never block, just be polite and put them down...they always get bored and dont come back for more...

lol maybe iv got too much time on my hands lol

i always reply back

lol yip only ever block if folk are rude,,ignore is my best policy lol

auds x

Single girls can get 100+ messages a day lol....How can you reply to them all. I even wrote i'm not looking to meet but still get messages.

hide your profile lol that way youl not get any lol

then,,,when you are looking to play,,open it again lol

By *olly Gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

Glenrothes

I agree that manners cost nothing but I also have seen other users inbox with |OO plus emails in a day. As has been said before, you can't really blame them if they don't reply to say no. Time is too precious to open message and then they profile. Its not about being rude to the sender - its about the reciever exercising time management. Happens a lot in business - not every firm writes a sorry you no got the job to every candidate.

By *issNaughtyxxxWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

I always reply wether it is a no thank you or yes please

We always send a reply to any mail we get. Not everyone extends the same courtesy back, even people who are on (correction, were on) our friends list.

Had a few couples just read and delete the message which makes our finger twitch over the delete friend button.

Fully understand some single girls can't reply to all mail, but any couple who says they are getting too much mail to reply to everyone are telling whopping big porkies.

Manners cost nothing. Pity not everyone posses them!!

" but any couple who says they are getting too much mail to reply to everyone are telling whopping big porkies.

"

+1

We tend to reply to **most** that we get, if its a single guy mailing then its just deleted. If its a couple/fem that manages to string more than one sentance together, will get a reply.

Those that mail 'Hi, hows yous' get deleted.

Steve and Jo

We reply to those who have read the profile....

I read, got to admitt to a low attention span kicking in with those wordy profiles that are a bit of a scroll down to read it all, and scroll down more,,,,,,,and,,,a bit more and offt NO Single males in the closing paragragh,,,lovely!

I reply to all messages even if just to say no thanks, but then again I only get 10-15 messages (on a good day) so it's not too much trouble for me.

I only message people after reading profiles because it wastes my time as much as the fem/couple/guy's time if the preferences aren't right.

Tin hat time but I think anyone bleating on about not getting replies are just messaging everyone and anyone without checking the preferences. If you know you're not right for someone, why 'expect' a reply?

Just my 2p worth.

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

A quick glance at the " looking for " on a profile is my first port of call, saves trawling through all the ramblings and wasting a message i simply move on to another profile.

phoaaaar thank god this wasnt a single male asking this, the comments would have been, "cos we mail when we want to"- sory that is just the way things are...I dont like seeing my mail being deleted or read with no reply...i just dont take that as a no(that doesnt mean I mail back asking whywhywhy-i just wait till a later date)- once i receive a no, i thank them and its a cheerio.Im against blocking people cos they said no thanks...as some may change their minds at a later date...or in fact theres the offer to join some of ur friends in a social environment/club/party not everyone NEEDS to shag to have a good time on the site or socially

"I think anyone bleating on about not getting replies are just messaging everyone and anyone without checking the preferences."

Utter nonsense.

We only ever message people who fall within our, and their, criteria.

By *over-manMan  over a year ago

motherwell

poor me i dont get any mail

awww big hugs brian

People think they are "faceless" when it comes to emails so can afford to be rude, but at the end of the day manners are free and if the sender has made an effort of more thank a couple of words, which most people on here complain about, then they should at least deserve the courtesy of a reply

I left my good manners at the door ,right after i slammed it shut on the face of that old granny struggling with her shopping !! nah ok seriously when it comes to replies and manners , not sure if you can link the two . When women and couples are being bombarded by so many messages they just dont have the time to reply to them all i can see their point . which is a bit of a shame because when you taken the effort to write a decent message and read the profile and put a bit of thought into it and it gets deleted , no reply , its a bit frustrating and its more than likely all thanks to the "fancy a fuck brigade ". Or the fact im an ugly bastard lol

"People think they are "faceless" when it comes to emails so can afford to be rude, but at the end of the day manners are free and if the sender has made an effort of more thank a couple of words, which most people on here complain about, then they should at least deserve the courtesy of a reply"

There is no, "deserve a reply" there is no "surely they gotta be impressed by that one i sent em", i'll keep keep saying it, if you dont have the easy come easy go attitude with all your doing, hoping for that "deserved reply"? Will only bother you, and thats serious downtime on here!!

Cant help thinking that if the OP was a guy people would be ripping into them for daring to get ticked off about not getting a reply.

Maybe the OP should take the advice given to guys - its the other person's loss, move on, simples.

By *ighlandMan  over a year ago

Leith, & Inverness

Thats interesting.... you did not bother reply to us when we contacted you guys about a year ago.. A polite no -thanks would have been nice xxxx

By *nTCouple  over a year ago

funland

we are a couple looking for single str8 males so we do get loads of mail unlikely as that sounds!! we reply to approx 90% and the 10% we dont reply to havent read the profile and in some cases they are couples lol, or are rude

I try to reply to as many mails as possible.. Although as I was a single male originally I know all too well the feeling of disappointment when a mail is deleted without being read... As I see it though surely on a site like this the person/s choice to reply is at their own discretion? I mean quirky used to be bombarded with mail when she was single and I don't mean friendly hellos either lol. Way I see it is on here most are like minded and based on the fact we would only mail people we have chatted to or met at a social or at least had a matching interest on their profile, their is only one explanation for a lack of reply and although some may construe it as rude not to acknowledge it I simply take it on the chin and move on as apparently we do not have shared views on etiquette and therefor I would lose interest anyway

P.s - W&W am still waiting for a reply muahahahaah

DD

och T ah wisnae that rude lol lol

"Thats interesting.... you did not bother reply to us when we contacted you guys about a year ago.. A polite no -thanks would have been nice xxxx"

Yep, simple no thanks to us also would have been nice, when we messaged you a while ago. The irony of this post did make us chuckle

perthshire

No excuses, no defence but had a quick wee look back at your profile and see you e mailed us 7 months ago and we e mailed you 7 months ago.....

No issue - but appears we did reply

"Thats interesting.... you did not bother reply to us when we contacted you guys about a year ago.. A polite no -thanks would have been nice xxxx

Yep, simple no thanks to us also would have been nice, when we messaged you a while ago. The irony of this post did make us chuckle "

yeah me too....i mailed _ouple123 also and didnt get a reply!..

To be fair I wouldnt reply to my innane ramblings?

"Thats interesting.... you did not bother reply to us when we contacted you guys about a year ago.. A polite no -thanks would have been nice xxxx

Yep, simple no thanks to us also would have been nice, when we messaged you a while ago. The irony of this post did make us chuckle

yeah me too....i mailed _ouple123 also and didnt get a reply!.."

Should we start a seperate thread for you to name and shame all the people who haven't replied to your emails?... Or would we need a seperate server for that? 'noreply@fugyuk.co.uk'?

Reply if you want to, delete if you don't.

We as a couple sometimes have differing ideas on this. Not in the way you think;-)

But at the end of the day, Dyslexia seems to be a common trait on here, happens more often around pub closing time for some reason

» Add a new message to this topic