FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > New clubs in Scotland??

New clubs in Scotland??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ewmenu1 OP   Man  over a year ago

Carlisle

With new clubs opening in both Newcastle and Blackpool i didn't know if anyone knew about any more opening in Scotland anytime soon... although most area are very quiet on a swinging front up here,I feel some there's alot of potential to get the club scene booming again!

Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

More choice would be great, especially outside of glasgow and edinburgh. Wouldnt hold your breath though

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Scotland is still stuck in the dark ages when it comes to clubs unfortunately and I can't see it changing anytime soon

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There's no need or call for it. Reason there aren't more is they wouldn't make money.

"There's no need or call for it. Reason there aren't more is they wouldn't make money. "

Enlighten us ?

Dundee

"There's no need or call for it. Reason there aren't more is they wouldn't make money. "

The amount of people who've attended and been interested in my previous parties, plus all those that attended the Aberdeen club would show there is a large enough group around my area that would attend. Someone would need the startup capital though

"There's no need or call for it. Reason there aren't more is they wouldn't make money.

The amount of people who've attended and been interested in my previous parties, plus all those that attended the Aberdeen club would show there is a large enough group around my area that would attend. Someone would need the startup capital though "

Aye party every few months, yes, easy to drum up interest in that, but a weekly club, there's no sustainability in that.

south east

"There's no need or call for it. Reason there aren't more is they wouldn't make money.

The amount of people who've attended and been interested in my previous parties, plus all those that attended the Aberdeen club would show there is a large enough group around my area that would attend. Someone would need the startup capital though

Aye party every few months, yes, easy to drum up interest in that, but a weekly club, there's no sustainability in that. "

Gotta disagree think there would be a lot of call for it if reasonably priced

Aye party every few months, yes, easy to drum up interest in that, but a weekly club, there's no sustainability in that.

Gotta disagree think there would be a lot of call for it if reasonably priced "

Interest, of course, but as a weekly, sustainable business, no.

You've just said it yourself, "if reasonably priced", so already you're reliant on not being able to charge a premium price.

Aye party every few months, yes, easy to drum up interest in that, but a weekly club, there's no sustainability in that. "

On what basis do you pick these buzzwords out.

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money "

They are not buzzwords.

If there was any real sustainability or capacity for a club in Dundee or Aberdeen, they would have one.

south east

You've just said it yourself, "if reasonably priced", so already you're reliant on not being able to charge a premium price.

"

No I think if you kept prices reasonable you'd attract more people to come more regularly ...thus making more money ...it's simple economics

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

If there was any real sustainability or capacity for a club in Dundee or Aberdeen, they would have one. "

I asked what BASIS you came to the conclusion that a club wouldn’t work. The fact a club isn’t there at present doesn’t mean there will never be.

Surely you can tell me the biggest hurdle anyone faces in venturing into the club business ?

No I think if you kept prices reasonable you'd attract more people to come more regularly ...thus making more money ...it's simple economics "

Indeed that is simple economics, but it's also a simple-minded suggestion.

You think it's just reasonable prices that keep a swinging club (or any other type of club, for that matter) open?!

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

If there was any real sustainability or capacity for a club in Dundee or Aberdeen, they would have one.

I asked what BASIS you came to the conclusion that a club wouldn’t work. The fact a club isn’t there at present doesn’t mean there will never be.

Surely you can tell me the biggest hurdle anyone faces in venturing into the club business ? "

It wouldn't work because there simply doesn't appear to be enough interest to sustain a club which would be largely reliant on attracting a reasonable custom base one night per week.

A social in Dundee might only attract approximately 100 people per quarter. A club there would need about half that footfall per week to make it sustainable in the long term.

south east

No I think if you kept prices reasonable you'd attract more people to come more regularly ...thus making more money ...it's simple economics

Indeed that is simple economics, but it's also a simple-minded suggestion.

You think it's just reasonable prices that keep a swinging club (or any other type of club, for that matter) open?! "

No clients do and a lot of people are put off with high pricing ...if it's reasonable these people would be more inclined to attend more regularly ..I know I would and can only speak of my thoughts on the matter

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

Surely you can tell me the biggest hurdle anyone faces in venturing into the club business ?

It wouldn't work because there simply doesn't appear to be enough interest to sustain a club which would be largely reliant on attracting a reasonable custom base one night per week.

A social in Dundee might only attract approximately 100 people per quarter. A club there would need about half that footfall per week to make it sustainable in the long term. "

So it’s went from No interest to doesn't appear to be.

Given that you picked numbers could you provide the overall costs of such a venture in which enabled you to target at least half the footfall per week from 100 a quarter ?

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Population is the key here main reason Scotland clubs are the central belt is just numbers don't think anymore could sustain a decent profit margin

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

A social in Dundee might only attract approximately 100 people per quarter. A club there would need about half that footfall per week to make it sustainable in the long term.

Given that you picked numbers could you provide the overall costs of such a venture in which enabled you to target at least half the footfall per week from 100 a quarter ? "

It was an estimation. You know, when someone uses their knowledge of a particular situation to make a judgement and estimation.

Aberdeen used to have a club. Aberdeen has approximately a quarter more of a population than Dundee, and since the Aberdeen club shut, there hasn't been another one. That would suggest to me it there either wasn't enough interest/attendance, or it wasn't making money. Or both.

If the owner of the Aberdeen club was making money, would they have closed it? Probably not. Therefore, it's not too big a leap to reach the conclusion that a smaller city (Dundee) would be no different.

But as what I am saying makes sense, I expect you will counter this to try and save face.

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

Given that you picked numbers could you provide the overall costs of such a venture in which enabled you to target at least half the footfall per week from 100 a quarter ?

It was an estimation. You know, when someone uses their knowledge of a particular situation to make a judgement and estimation.

Aberdeen used to have a club. Aberdeen has approximately a quarter more of a population than Dundee, and since the Aberdeen club shut, there hasn't been another one. That would suggest to me it there either wasn't enough interest/attendance, or it wasn't making money. Or both.

If the owner of the Aberdeen club was making money, would they have closed it? Probably not. Therefore, it's not too big a leap to reach the conclusion that a smaller city (Dundee) would be no different.

But as what I am saying makes sense, I expect you will counter this to try and save face. "

When your losing resort to personal digs.

Classic

You still haven’t provided the information I requested regarding costs/numbers. Or the biggest hurdle facing ventures of this nature.

Picking buzzwords and random numbers Without fact or source is nothing less than mundane ramblings.

Dundee

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

But as what I am saying makes sense, I expect you will counter this to try and save face. "

The Aberdeen club closed because the owners doubled the rent out of the blue so they couldn't afford it. Nothing to do with the amount of clientele

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

But as what I am saying makes sense, I expect you will counter this to try and save face.

The Aberdeen club closed because the owners doubled the rent out of the blue so they couldn't afford it. Nothing to do with the amount of clientele"

Mary doll getting a thrashing tonight

Dundee

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

The Aberdeen club closed because the owners doubled the rent out of the blue so they couldn't afford it. Nothing to do with the amount of clientele

Mary doll getting a thrashing tonight "

Bit hard to sustain a club when the rent goes from £4k to £8k a month with no warning. Unfortunately they couldn't find any other premises remotely similar, otherwise it would still be running

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

Classic

You still haven’t provided the information I requested regarding costs/numbers. Or the biggest hurdle facing ventures of this nature.

Picking buzzwords and random numbers Without fact or source is nothing less than mundane ramblings. "

I see no personal dig.

I told you, it was an estimation. A judgement. A judgement that, unless there are plans being drawn up to open clubs in Scotland outwith Glasgow and Edinburgh, well, I must be correct in my judgement.

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

Bit hard to sustain a club when the rent goes from £4k to £8k a month with no warning. Unfortunately they couldn't find any other premises remotely similar, otherwise it would still be running "

So in other words, they couldn't afford to keep the business running. Which is the crux of my point all along. Thanks for confirming.

Ps: Business rates go up all that time. Adapt or die. That's business. A swinging club is no different.

Dundee

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

Bit hard to sustain a club when the rent goes from £4k to £8k a month with no warning. Unfortunately they couldn't find any other premises remotely similar, otherwise it would still be running

So in other words, they couldn't afford to keep the business running. Which is the crux of my point all along. Thanks for confirming.

Ps: Business rates go up all that time. Adapt or die. That's business. A swinging club is no different. "

When you're suddenly expected to pull that amount of money out of your arse then yes it can't be afforded. The point you made was that they weren't getting the customers through the door to afford it, in which case you're wrong.

I'm sure they appreciate your sharp business insight there, well done. Going up is one thing, doubling overnight is another. As your massive intellect would already know.

We used to go to the club in Aberdeen on swing nights and fetish nights and the numbers did vary on both events we have also attended cj,s in Glasgow and a few clubs down south and have to be honest the club in Aberdeen was handy for us but was not on the same level as other clubs so unless someone has a lot of cash and a good imagination and could appeal to all swingers we are afraid it would not work up here that’s just our opinion

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

Ps: Business rates go up all that time. Adapt or die. That's business. A swinging club is no different.

When you're suddenly expected to pull that amount of money out of your arse then yes it can't be afforded. The point you made was that they weren't getting the customers through the door to afford it, in which case you're wrong.

I'm sure they appreciate your sharp business insight there, well done. Going up is one thing, doubling overnight is another. As your massive intellect would already know. "

In which case, why didn't the owner pass the increased costs on to his customers? That's what happens in any other business. The consumer takes the hit for increases. Everyone knows that.

In this instance, the business must have judged that the consumer would not absorb the increase, and as I suspect will also be the case, they didn't have enough custom to spread the increases out over. Either way you look at it, they didn't have the custom base to cope with the increase. Did they just think their rates would stay the same forever and they could rely on the same couple of dozen punters coming through the doors each time?!! LOL!

Dundee

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

I'm sure they appreciate your sharp business insight there, well done. Going up is one thing, doubling overnight is another. As your massive intellect would already know.

In which case, why didn't the owner pass the increased costs on to his customers? That's what happens in any other business. The consumer takes the hit for increases. Everyone knows that.

In this instance, the business must have judged that the consumer would not absorb the increase, and as I suspect will also be the case, they didn't have enough custom to spread the increases out over. Either way you look at it, they didn't have the custom base to cope with the increase. Did they just think their rates would stay the same forever and they could rely on the same couple of dozen punters coming through the doors each time?!! LOL! "

You seem to be confusing the owner of the premises with the people renting and running the club, is that where you're having difficulty understanding?

As for your last statement, totally fictitious as no one has ever said that. As the Aberdeen club was running for over 10 years I assume the club organisers are aware of a simple business model LOL!

P.S. the club was also used as a gay sauna on a daily basis so the customer base wasn't purely reliant on swingers. The instant drastic increase meant the closure of the place, had rates increased at a normal level I doubt that would have been the case and price increases would have been passed on to customers as per the norm.

If you want any more facts about it I can easily put you in touch with the club organisers and staff, I'm sure they'd love to hear where you think they went wrong

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

Classic

Picking buzzwords and random numbers Without fact or source is nothing less than mundane ramblings.

I see no personal dig.

I told you, it was an estimation. A judgement. A judgement that, unless there are plans being drawn up to open clubs in Scotland outwith Glasgow and Edinburgh, well, I must be correct in my judgement. "

An estimation otherwise known as a rough calculation. Care to share the figures and how you came to the estimation ?

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

In this instance, the business must have judged that the consumer would not absorb the increase, and as I suspect will also be the case, they didn't have enough custom to spread the increases out over. Either way you look at it, they didn't have the custom base to cope with the increase. Did they just think their rates would stay the same forever and they could rely on the same couple of dozen punters coming through the doors each time?!! LOL!

You seem to be confusing the owner of the premises with the people renting and running the club, is that where you're having difficulty understanding?

As for your last statement, totally fictitious as no one has ever said that. As the Aberdeen club was running for over 10 years I assume the club organisers are aware of a simple business model LOL!

P.S. the club was also used as a gay sauna on a daily basis so the customer base wasn't purely reliant on swingers. The instant drastic increase meant the closure of the place, had rates increased at a normal level I doubt that would have been the case and price increases would have been passed on to customers as per the norm.

If you want any more facts about it I can easily put you in touch with the club organisers and staff, I'm sure they'd love to hear where you think they went wrong "

It's okay, I have already worked out where they went wrong, they couldn't afford to keep the place running. That'll be down to not having enough customers.

Dundee

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

If you want any more facts about it I can easily put you in touch with the club organisers and staff, I'm sure they'd love to hear where you think they went wrong

It's okay, I have already worked out where they went wrong, they couldn't afford to keep the place running. That'll be down to not having enough customers. "

While you're claiming to know everything and are never wrong, what's tomorrow's lottery numbers?

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

It's okay, I have already worked out where they went wrong, they couldn't afford to keep the place running. That'll be down to not having enough customers.

While you're claiming to know everything and are never wrong, what's tomorrow's lottery numbers?"

I don't claim to know everything, but I'm glad you've, finally, seen I was right about this.

Dundee

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

While you're claiming to know everything and are never wrong, what's tomorrow's lottery numbers?

I don't claim to know everything, but I'm glad you've, finally, seen I was right about this. "

You don't? Well that's news to the rest of us.

If that's how you read it, get thee to Specsavers

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

I don't claim to know everything, but I'm glad you've, finally, seen I was right about this.

You don't? Well that's news to the rest of us."

I'm glad I've been able to enlighten you. Again.

By *onto6669Man  over a year ago

Dalkieth

Think you are talking absolute nonsense. Of course there is a demand and money to be made but Scottish protocol prevents it.

Dundee

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

I'm glad I've been able to enlighten you. Again. "

Still waiting for those lottery numbers Mary

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

I'm glad I've been able to enlighten you. Again.

Still waiting for those lottery numbers Mary "

I wouldn't bother. You've more chance of opening a sustainable swinger's club in Dundee, than you have of winning the lottery.

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

Mary doll getting a thrashing tonight "

Sry butt, i never thought the Mary Doll would have stuck but im guessing your famous now.

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

Sry butt, i never thought the Mary Doll would have stuck but im guessing your famous now. "

You never took my advice on getting those spelling and punctuation lessons, I see.

Dalkieth

"Think you are talking absolute nonsense. Of course there is a demand and money to be made but Scottish protocol prevents it. "

Dalkieth

"Think you are talking absolute nonsense. Of course there is a demand and money to be made but Scottish protocol prevents it. "

By *oloandsaabWoman  over a year ago

Essex

What protocol?

Blantyre

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

Sry butt, i never thought the Mary Doll would have stuck but im guessing your famous now.

You never took my advice on getting those spelling and punctuation lessons, I see. "

The day i take advice from Mary Doll the Troll will be the day i go UNLOS .

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

You never took my advice on getting those spelling and punctuation lessons, I see.

The day i take advice from Mary Doll the Troll will be the day i go UNLOS . "

Almost full pass marks there, you're improving.

See me after class though.

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

See me after class though. "

...are you going to put him over your knee?

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

...are you going to put him over your knee? "

Only if he's very lucky.

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

Only if he's very lucky. "

...mind the vaseline...

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

Only if he's very lucky.

...mind the vaseline..."

Don't think he'd need it.

Blantyre

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

Only if he's very lucky.

...mind the vaseline...

Don't think he'd need it. "

Sry, dont meet anyone thats not verified.

Ohh by the way , verifying yourself on your own profile in the third person is NOT a verifications . Lmfao.

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

Only if he's very lucky.

...mind the vaseline...

Ohh by the way , verifying yourself on your own profile in the third person is NOT a verifications . Lmfao. "

Och...I was off to buy a hat too...

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

Only if he's very lucky.

...mind the vaseline...

Ohh by the way , verifying yourself on your own profile in the third person is NOT a verifications . Lmfao.

Och...I was off to buy a hat too... "

I was off to buy matching beige slacks. We could have been like David and Elton.

south east

Omfg does no one know how to edit quotes

Sevcos only been opened a few years, i believe this clubs under new management

Blantyre

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

Only if he's very lucky.

...mind the vaseline...

I was off to buy matching beige slacks. We could have been like David and Elton. "

Ohh Mary , you should know by now your Troll patter doesn't work with me. Every time you Troll now whichever thread you choose to do your keyboard Trolling you will always be known as Mary Doll . Im laughing that much im nearly wetting my beige troosers.

"Omfg does no one know how to edit quotes "

Yeah...but I know it gets on your tits this way so decided not to

Sustainability

No interest

Wouldn’t make money

They are not buzzwords.

Only if he's very lucky.

...mind the vaseline...

I was off to buy matching beige slacks. We could have been like David and Elton.

Ohh Mary , you should know by now your Troll patter doesn't work with me. Every time you Troll now whichever thread you choose to do your keyboard Trolling you will always be known as Mary Doll . Im laughing that much im nearly wetting my beige troosers. "

Yes, quite. Your cutting wit, entertaining prose and charismatic scribe has done me once again.

By *arlo82Woman  over a year ago

the gym and random places

I would have loved another club when I still lived in Scotland. After 8 was my local and I lived in Fife. Had I the experience back then and the money I would have started my own one.

Glad to be on-board with club shhh opening in a few weeks tho

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I never went to the club in Aberdeen but I’d have thought there would have been ways to increase income to compensate for the rent increase.

A bit short sighted of the owner hiking up rent 100%. Instead of £48k a year they get nothing unless they wanted the building to sell or use for another purpose.

"I never went to the club in Aberdeen but I’d have thought there would have been ways to increase income to compensate for the rent increase.

A bit short sighted of the owner hiking up rent 100%. Instead of £48k a year they get nothing unless they wanted the building to sell or use for another purpose. "

What happened to my friends place down south.. landlord doubled rent... they had no choice but to walk away from it... and Landlord has since opened it as a club himself.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"I never went to the club in Aberdeen but I’d have thought there would have been ways to increase income to compensate for the rent increase.

A bit short sighted of the owner hiking up rent 100%. Instead of £48k a year they get nothing unless they wanted the building to sell or use for another purpose.

What happened to my friends place down south.. landlord doubled rent... they had no choice but to walk away from it... and Landlord has since opened it as a club himself. "

They obviously saw the business potential. Shame about your friend though.

How many people would be interested in a monthly club night in Aberdeen?

It would be in a city centre nightclub, but exclusive use and very private.

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

What happened to my friends place down south.. landlord doubled rent... they had no choice but to walk away from it... and Landlord has since opened it as a club himself. "

Number one rule, own the building of any potential business that you’ve put everything into

John

I'm surprised there's not one in Dundee.Absalotly mad for it up there.

» Add a new message to this topic