FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Discretion

Discretion

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andy_Fraser OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'm sure others will have stories or opinions of this, but I find on Fabs that discretion seems to be pretty lacking for some people.

Discretion is defined as the following;

1. The quality of behaving or speaking in such a way as to avoid causing offence or revealing confidential information.

2. The freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation.

What I'm about to describe you could argue fits more into the 2nd definition but when it comes to Fabs definition 1 is the more relevant one.

Anyway...

In the last year or so I've received PM's from 3 users (A TV, a couple and a single female) on here, all just storming in and mentioning my male/drab name, but not saying who they are. Now the thing that irks me about this, is that they all said something on their profiles along the lines of discretion is of upmost importance.

It seems however that they're just trying to protect themselves, as none of them have any facial or identifying pics on their profiles.

I know that's their choice, but it's kinda unfair to just blurt stuff out like that and not reveal who you are. For most folk that do that, it means that the chances of mutual trust is totally gone.

In my time here I've seen profiles of people I know in real life, but not once have I ever said anything, not even when its information that is no longer relevant or could hurt.

Its no wonder so many people hide facial pics online.

Mandy

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'd agree.

And that's the reason why I've told people less and less personal stuff the longer I've been on here. Also why I never send face pics.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

» Add a new message to this topic