FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > stormy week ahead

stormy week ahead

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *olly Gentle Giant OP   Man  over a year ago

Glenrothes

hey guys - just heads up that current predictions are that another nasty storm is heading our way tuesday night/wednesday morning - Force 12 winds predicted.

Met office doing their usual heads in the sand but already have a yellow warning.

just the heads up - be careful out there

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You're always a harbinger of doom and gloom weather... Ever considered a career as a weatherman?

Glenrothes

OK - I'll not post any additional advisorys - Some people do appreciate the heads up but since it offends others, I will shut up forthwith

Bugger I'm coming up Wednesday xx

By *utieguyMan  over a year ago

motherwell

Foxie - cheers for the update. Don't stop, as useful info for many that travel alot such as myself mate.

well i appreciate that u do these posts,they really useful so please dont stop xxxxx

does no-one watch the news?

who the fuck cares I can hear the wind out of my window...but U know what...am still going out in my hotpants n boobtube

"who the fuck cares I can hear the wind out of my window...but U know what...am still going out in my hotpants n boobtube"

lol

By *rystal Tipps - AlistairCouple  over a year ago

livingston

Always good to know what's happening,especially when you drive trucks for a living as high winds are the element that you not able to see, only feel and then it could be to late.

Glenrothes

"does no-one watch the news? "

thing is that met office (being a government agency) are controlled by the civil service/politicians and they are not allowed to put ut alerts until (for some people) it is too late.

Yes I was ridiculed by mates when I told them "Bawbag" was coming but then when the official warning was put out on the morning of Bawbag, they werre the 1st to say they were fecked off with officialdom for not giving the heads up before.

Yes Scotland gets winter storms but I dont post about every wee blow like the Christmas & Boxing Day one that has hit the Northenr Isles.

I know its easy for us townies to say "who the feck cares" - well think of our fab friends in the country who need to prepare for power & phone line failures and fallen trees etc. And of course our fab friends who drive HGV,s etc for a living.

So I will continue to post and for those who appreciate the heads up in advance.

By the way, just been emailed by a couple of fabbers in shetland moaning that I had not posted the heads up on storm yesterday/today - they are saying it is worse than "Bawbag". Their message to me was that Wednesday coming might well make "bawbag" look like a wee breeze.

So on Wednesday morning - the storm centre is predicted to track more southernly closer to Scotland's north coast which means the really strong winds will be hitting the central belt during the morning rush hour.

These will be were strong winds - probably Beaufort Scale Force 12 which will make driving conditions difficult and see a repeat of the coast sea storms.

Remember it will be dark when office workers are heading to work for 800AM starts at the height of the storm - Bawbag was in daylight hours at its height.

If you commute over the major road or rail bridges (Forth, Tay, Clacks, Erskine etc, remember they might well be closed to all traffic during the morning rush-hour. Hopefully not - but might well be.

OK so there are a lot of peeps say that government over reacted to Bawbag - perhaps they did but if the warnings were not given etc and those same people were injured etc, I just wonder who would be first in the queue to complain.

If anyone wants more detailed comment, just PM me

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

The wind the now where i am is fcuking frightening, dam sprouts

Glenrothes

"The wind the now where i am is fcuking frightening, dam sprouts "

lol makes a difference fae beanz lol

By *URRABULLCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

aye cheers silver.we stay in the country .our outbuildings suffered alot of damage thanks to bawbag.seen your post this morning and spent the day on the roof nailing down sheets.thanks for the warning mate.

"does no-one watch the news?

thing is that met office (being a government agency) are controlled by the civil service/politicians and they are not allowed to put ut alerts until (for some people) it is too late.

Yes I was ridiculed by mates when I told them "Bawbag" was coming but then when the official warning was put out on the morning of Bawbag, they werre the 1st to say they were fecked off with officialdom for not giving the heads up before.

Yes Scotland gets winter storms but I dont post about every wee blow like the Christmas & Boxing Day one that has hit the Northenr Isles.

I know its easy for us townies to say "who the feck cares" - well think of our fab friends in the country who need to prepare for power & phone line failures and fallen trees etc. And of course our fab friends who drive HGV,s etc for a living.

So I will continue to post and for those who appreciate the heads up in advance.

By the way, just been emailed by a couple of fabbers in shetland moaning that I had not posted the heads up on storm yesterday/today - they are saying it is worse than "Bawbag". Their message to me was that Wednesday coming might well make "bawbag" look like a wee breeze.

So on Wednesday morning - the storm centre is predicted to track more southernly closer to Scotland's north coast which means the really strong winds will be hitting the central belt during the morning rush hour.

These will be were strong winds - probably Beaufort Scale Force 12 which will make driving conditions difficult and see a repeat of the coast sea storms.

Remember it will be dark when office workers are heading to work for 800AM starts at the height of the storm - Bawbag was in daylight hours at its height.

If you commute over the major road or rail bridges (Forth, Tay, Clacks, Erskine etc, remember they might well be closed to all traffic during the morning rush-hour. Hopefully not - but might well be.

OK so there are a lot of peeps say that government over reacted to Bawbag - perhaps they did but if the warnings were not given etc and those same people were injured etc, I just wonder who would be first in the queue to complain.

If anyone wants more detailed comment, just PM me"

anorak anyone?

By *TUNNAWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

"Bugger I'm coming up Wednesday xx "

mind ya duffle coat lol

By *adgeeMan  over a year ago

Southside

"who the fuck cares I can hear the wind out of my window...but U know what...am still going out in my hotpants n boobtube"

I like yer style P

Glenrothes

"Bugger I'm coming up Wednesday xx

mind ya duffle coat lol "

Wi lead weights in the seams LOL

The Weather Today is nothing more than bloody NORMAL for Scotland !!!!

its Windy !!!

Fair Play - for mr silver kettley Fish for predicting and letting people know the stormy weather advice that is freely available from the Met office website..

How did we ever get around Britain without swingers websites to advise us that the weather is bad ??

( we are happy if it helps others )

Hgv and double decker bus drivers will drive - or they dont get paid !!

buildings will be damaged - it happens !

trees will fall down - all year round !!

The Forth road bridge will have a 40mph speed restriction and can sometimes be closed !!

its foooking scotland... its just our typical Weather..

is it not ????

Glenrothes

Well maybe you call getting half yer roof blown off (ir tiles, felt and batons) and and a 12" inch thick granite wall falling onto your neighbours car and a lamp-post through your livingroom window as normal but my mate (who lives in a Lanarkshire town near the M8)does not.

As Turrabul comments, some peeps need to be prepared in advance - and if we all waited for the met office, there wouldnsae be enough time to batten down the proverbial hatches.

Yes today was perhaps just another winter storm to some peeps but lets not all take the "I'm alright Jsck" approach

"Well maybe you call getting half yer roof blown off (ir tiles, felt and batons) and and a 12" inch thick granite wall falling onto your neighbours car and a lamp-post through your livingroom window as normal but my mate (who lives in a Lanarkshire town near the M8)does not.

As Turrabul comments, some peeps need to be prepared in advance - and if we all waited for the met office, there wouldnsae be enough time to batten down the proverbial hatches.

Yes today was perhaps just another winter storm to some peeps but lets not all take the "I'm alright Jsck" approach"

- ok then your warnings do help and if people listened to the news on the radio or the telly then they would have heard the same warnings for the last 2 days...

just how does one protect against roof tiles and 12" inch thick granite walls and lamposts falling down ??

what do we do different from any other day to stop lamposts coming thru windows etc..

we live near the m8 and very close to lanarkshire and the wee bit of wind had the bloody cheek to blow our wheelie bin over..

ffs your not that good or u would have warned me my bin was in danger...

its scotland cmon

By *ussman1Man  over a year ago

Paisley

Thanks for information,im away in motorhome on Saturday,just got to get on with it and be sensible.

Wandered in here cos bored at work so sorry if sticking my nose in but why would anyone who knows what someone is going to post about but isn't bothered by it actually read and comment on post in first place. If it was me I would just pass it by and leave it for others who do appreciate it.

» Add a new message to this topic