FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Status updates

Status updates

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So, as someone who's only just back on the site my updates have been saturated by what I see as attention seeking status updates about essentially nothing. Most of these profiles I blocked before to save myself reading the same cringe again and again before.

So my question is why to people use status updates? In my mind they fall into the following categories, but I'm willing to change my mind if someone can enlighten me.

1) I'm desperate for a meet so I'll post begging for one every day as people don't seem to find my profile appealing otherwise and I've been on here for ages so I need to stay relevant.

2) look at me, I can't wait as I've got a meet lined up.

3) look at me, I got laid.

4) look at me, someone talk to me, I'm irrelevant otherwise and I've been here ages, I need to stay topical.

I can relate to the ones saying things like no Friend requests before chatting or send a pic with a message as loads of people don't read profiles. But the ones like "gotta laugh when you cancel and I find out who you shagged instead" really? I bet the poster isn't laughing at all.

I had a woman previously confess she posted a status update to make me jealous. It didn't in the slightest, but it did make me change my opinion of her tbh.

Come on folks, enlighten me!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why the fuck did you come back then ya moany big bas.....( holds breath to avoid a trip to the naughty step).

Can't enlighten you ..they make me think the folk are complete fannies too.

"Why the fuck did you come back then ya moany big bas.....( holds breath to avoid a trip to the naughty step).

Can't enlighten you ..they make me think the folk are complete fannies too."

For once I'm not moaning. I didn't come back solely for the status updates.

I'm curious if there's a different mindset? And maybe I need to include a 5th and 6th category?

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I do a couple of things.

I have a laugh with a sexy lady on here through our status updates, I post stuff I’m looking forward to (not play related as that’s our business) or I just post nonsense.

Not really enlightening

K x

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

Mine are usually how long I’ve been banished to the naughty step for .... and welcome back x

"Why the fuck did you come back then ya moany big bas.....( holds breath to avoid a trip to the naughty step).

I'm curious if there's a different mindset? And maybe I need to include a 5th and 6th category?"

Maybe you just have to accept that people can post what they want on their status, as long as it's within the rules, and move on.

Just don't look at the update (newsfeed) page

I don't know the purpose from the posters POV but I do find them handy. I probably message or block off the back of status updates more than anything else. Moany, passive aggressive or sleazy ones let me know I wouldn't like that person, but the rare funny ones prompt me to check the profile and sometimes get in touch

I find the "ASSive aggressive" ones hilarious.

The worst ones have to be guys quoting shitey, romantic song lyrics. C'mon to fuck....

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

I find the as funny as forum cake posts

I'm curious if there's a different mindset? And maybe I need to include a 5th and 6th category?

Maybe you just have to accept that people can post what they want on their status, as long as it's within the rules, and move on."

Thanks man, insightful as always!

"The worst ones have to be guys quoting shitey, romantic song lyrics. C'mon to fuck...."

"Just don't look at the update (newsfeed) page "

As a previous poster pointed out, I find it useful for blocking people I could never chat to. I didn't say it stopped me looking at the updates???

"The worst ones have to be guys quoting shitey, romantic song lyrics. C'mon to fuck...."

Haha guys really do that? Normally I would do anything for love, but I won't do that. No, I won't do that.

Sad bastards.

"The worst ones have to be guys quoting shitey, romantic song lyrics. C'mon to fuck....

"

Shite....you've not got a Bryan Adams tune up on yours at the moment, have you? (awkward.....)

"Mine are usually how long I’ve been banished to the naughty step for .... and welcome back x"

Thank you!

"The worst ones have to be guys quoting shitey, romantic song lyrics. C'mon to fuck....

Haha guys really do that? Normally I would do anything for love, but I won't do that. No, I won't do that.

Sad bastards."

Yep...usually an instant block after I've wiped the vomit from my phone screen ..

I do it to show what I'm thinking at the time.

Oh..And because I can.

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Just don't look at the update (newsfeed) page

As a previous poster pointed out, I find it useful for blocking people I could never chat to. I didn't say it stopped me looking at the updates??? "

Status updates as well as some forum posts are great screening tools I think.

R

By *erfectly Average CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"So, as someone who's only just back on the site my updates have been saturated by what I see as attention seeking status updates about essentially nothing. Most of these profiles I blocked before to save myself reading the same cringe again and again before.

So my question is why to people use status updates? In my mind they fall into the following categories, but I'm willing to change my mind if someone can enlighten me.

1) I'm desperate for a meet so I'll post begging for one every day as people don't seem to find my profile appealing otherwise and I've been on here for ages so I need to stay relevant.

4) look at me, someone talk to me, I'm irrelevant otherwise and I've been here ages, I need to stay topical.

I can relate to the ones saying things like no Friend requests before chatting or send a pic with a message as loads of people don't read profiles. But the ones like "gotta laugh when you cancel and I find out who you shagged instead" really? I bet the poster isn't laughing at all.

I had a woman previously confess she posted a status update to make me jealous. It didn't in the slightest, but it did make me change my opinion of her tbh.

Come on folks, enlighten me! "

Someone wrote a forum about us yesterday it was complimentary but a little weird x

Shite....you've not got a Bryan Adams tune up on yours at the moment, have you? (awkward.....)"

By *ictiiWitchCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

I usually post a status update to stop myself feeling guilty about not answering every message I get.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"I usually post a status update to stop myself feeling guilty about not answering every message I get. "
never feel guilt ya didnt ask for the messages

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

"So, as someone who's only just back on the site my updates have been saturated by what I see as attention seeking status updates about essentially nothing. Most of these profiles I blocked before to save myself reading the same cringe again and again before.

Come on folks, enlighten me! "

All i can say is , you dont have a status update but you do have a profile headline of 'chat' is that not kind of the same thing, are you not expecting people to read your profile that you have to give a hint before they even get as far as your profile . Is it a subliminal message that the first thought someone will have with you is chat. ? Would that be number 4 on your list of reasons. ?

Just asking bud.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"

Status updates as well as some forum posts are great screening tools I think.

R "

This for me as well

You missed category 5: Fancies someone but is out of their age range/ their gender are blocked etc. So tell everyone how hot said person is in the (very vague) hope they will see and message them.

And category 6: looking for chems or hookers

By *iss Ash42Woman  over a year ago

somewhere nowhere near you....

I usually have some daft shite up...or its about gin...and gin...and more gin...

I post status update for all the reasons mentioned.

Oh and because I can

Some are funny, most a attention seeking, but the occasional one makes me laugh/block/perve.

Mine are usually banal nonsense.

I don't bother posting any status now. It only attracts being sent stupid messages x

I cant personally enlighten you as I have never used this feature of the site.

I do however think the updates directed at others are naff, just message and tell them what you think and if you cant message because you're blocked they aren't going to see it anyway so you look damn stupid for nothing.

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

[Removed by poster at 19/11/18 23:47:31]

Come on folks, enlighten me!

All i can say is , you dont have a status update but you do have a profile headline of 'chat' is that not kind of the same thing, are you not expecting people to read your profile that you have to give a hint before they even get as far as your profile . Is it a subliminal message that the first thought someone will have with you is chat. ? Would that be number 4 on your list of reasons. ?

Just asking bud.

"

No, tbh, if I like a profile I message it. If they don't like me so be it. My profile is not designed to get messages. Generally is I like a profile after reading it, I might message it!

Heavily ironic re-entrance post but good luck Op!

"Heavily ironic re-entrance post but good luck Op!"

Ironic? How's that? No agenda here dude. I'm not looking your luck lad.

"Heavily ironic re-entrance post but good luck Op!

Ironic? How's that? No agenda here dude. I'm not looking your luck lad. "

Well for someone who says

"I've been on here before. I know exactly what this place is like."

it's a rather theatrical re-entrance.

All the best

All the best

"

I'm asking about status update that other users make that may fall outside how I have categorised then? Theatrical really? Ok dude, whatever.

All the best

I'm asking about status update that other users make that may fall outside how I have categorised then? Theatrical really? Ok dude, whatever. "

Can't answer your first question as it doesn't make sense.

Second question - yes. A post about attention seeking? The bullet points were a bit theatric. Is the irony still lost? You have been here before so, really?

Happy fabbing

All the best

I'm asking about status update that other users make that may fall outside how I have categorised then? Theatrical really? Ok dude, whatever.

Can't answer your first question as it doesn't make sense.

Second question - yes. A post about attention seeking? The bullet points were a bit theatric. Is the irony still lost? You have been here before so, really?

Happy fabbing "

Yes I was here before and blocked profiles with such statuses. Did you read my origional post?

I'm asking the reasoning behind behind people post status updates as I blocked profiles before who I categorised in my 4 groups but perhaps I was presumptuous or judgemental?

If that's not clear already,I hope it is now? Theatrical? Really? Ok whatever. I don't need your best wishes, but if you're trying to be smart at least be funny about it.

By *tsallthesame77Woman  over a year ago

edinburgh

I very rarely post status updates these days, unless something annoys me and might express my frustration via it

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

My status updates are usually of the look at me type.

Not that they are successful in that respect.

"My status updates are usually of the look at me type.

Not that they are successful in that respect. "

Worked! I just had a nosey

Don’t mind the odd status update.

"Don’t mind the odd status update. "

All my status updates are odd.

» Add a new message to this topic