FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Aaaarrrrgggghhhh

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Fucking shoplifters.

Some people think that as you work for a big company, the insurance covers any loss...

That may be true, but losses come out of our shop budget, we, the staff, suffer - budgets get cut, hours get cut, staff made redundant etc etc.

Sorry for the rant, but it is almost Thursday...

Need to have eyes in the back of my head at this time of year.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ade and VanessaCouple  over a year ago

Central Scotland

Oh no

Really you'd think more staff/more hours would make more sense so there's more staff on the floor to keep an eye out for the jakey b*stards.

V x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I worked for a big company and theft was tens of thousands of pounds a year. Honestly unbelievable. They know every trick in the book x

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

Same here, worked for a major retailer years ago, and it was rife! Stupid things stolen too!

Makes you wonder if they need it, either for themselves or to sell on.... or just for the thrill of stealing?

By *1654Man  over a year ago

Stirling

Work for a food retailer, and its beyond a joke especially at this time of year :/ £100's a day

I thought we were all going to sing flash arrrgggghhh with the headline damn. That post will come one day

By *errific_Teddy_BearMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Used to work in a shop when I was in uni and was made the unofficial security guard due to my size and days of rugby playing. (We had no security guards btw)

I was asked not to be the unofficial guard after I broke a ned’s collar bone when he tried to make off with all of £50’s worth of tat and I tackled him outside the store. Apparently as we were outside the store I didn’t have authority to detain the ned let alone break a bone in his body lol

Didn’t deter me though. Years later while innocently walking along the street, a purse snatcher was closed lined and did a full somersault onto his backside after he came too close to me as a wee woman was screaming “he’s got my bag”

Worked in a shop when I was a student. Whilst advised not to approach the shoplifters and junkies we were expected to ring a buzzer 3 times. They obviously cottoned on to this eventually and could see which one of us had rung the buzzer.

So I rarely rung the buzzer. Fucked if I'm getting stabbed on the way home over a box of fucking hair dye!

"Used to work in a shop when I was in uni and was made the unofficial security guard due to my size and days of rugby playing. (We had no security guards btw)

I was asked not to be the unofficial guard after I broke a ned’s collar bone when he tried to make off with all of £50’s worth of tat and I tackled him outside the store. Apparently as we were outside the store I didn’t have authority to detain the ned let alone break a bone in his body lol

Didn’t deter me though. Years later while innocently walking along the street, a purse snatcher was closed lined and did a full somersault onto his backside after he came too close to me as a wee woman was screaming “he’s got my bag” "

You're so manly

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

Don't work in a shop but still have plenty folk stealing from us.

As you say they seem to think that it's all very well and good and has no effect on the workers

Hate thiefs! If you want it work for it!

By *ictiiWitchCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

I have Fibro and have unintentionally shoplifted a couple of times in the last year or so, it's got to the stage that the staff of the shops i usually go in check in with me before i leave. :D In my defense, the few times that i've actually got out the shop, I usually find out and go back to the shop and pay for it.

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

"Used to work in a shop when I was in uni and was made the unofficial security guard due to my size and days of rugby playing. (We had no security guards btw)

Didn’t deter me though. Years later while innocently walking along the street, a purse snatcher was closed lined and did a full somersault onto his backside after he came too close to me as a wee woman was screaming “he’s got my bag”

You're so manly "

I agree fellow rugby player, not afraid to stand up and be counted. Would have loved to have seen the clotheslining haha.

By *appy 2 lickMan  over a year ago

lanarkshire

I have a pal who's a manager in a supermarket his shop held the record for the most shop lifters caught in the UK in one day and not one off them was under 60

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

"I have a pal who's a manager in a supermarket his shop held the record for the most shop lifters caught in the UK in one day and not one off them was under 60 "

Did he go all Smeato on them as well?

I work in a local shop and plagued by shoplifters.. our banned list gets bigger by the day

By *errific_Teddy_BearMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

You're so manly

I agree fellow rugby player, not afraid to stand up and be counted. Would have loved to have seen the clotheslining haha. "

A: not really manly. It’s easy to flatten a skinny 12st Ned.

B: the closeline was an absolute beaut, he went right over 360 degrees. Right out of the Hulk Hogan’s highlight reel

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

You're so manly

I agree fellow rugby player, not afraid to stand up and be counted. Would have loved to have seen the clotheslining haha.

B: the closeline was an absolute beaut, he went right over 360 degrees. Right out of the Hulk Hogan’s highlight reel"

You're so manly

B: the closeline was an absolute beaut, he went right over 360 degrees. Right out of the Hulk Hogan’s highlight reel"

Yep...real manly

[Removed by poster at 29/11/18 18:46:51]

» Add a new message to this topic