FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Worst pubs of past and present!

Worst pubs of past and present!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *earded blossom OP   Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Ended up in the old college bar last weekend, plenty of character but just falling apart by the looks of things. Not many old pubs still standing, lots of my regular haunts gone for good.

Drummonds/Potters

The Gallery bar on Buchanan Street (tbf it was always decent on certain nights)

The Griffin (no idea how that's still standing)

John

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Only pub I’ve ever been barred from the Griffin had an argument because the puggy didn’t pay out £9 35 years ago £9 was two rounds .

Glasgow

"Only pub I’ve ever been barred from the Griffin had an argument because the puggy didn’t pay out £9 35 years ago £9 was two rounds . "

Yeah must admit I got barred from there years ago after a fight broke out over lizard racing but that's a story for another time

John

By *inUpGirlWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I like the Griffin nice for a wee drink before the King's x

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 23/02/19 10:38:31]

Glasgow

"I actually use the old college because it reminds me of an old time pub no poliah just beer and a laugh with punters no pretence of being anything more than it is.

On tge flip side im not a fan of pretence bars with knockup prices to fake ezclusivity"

I'd like it more if they would sort the toilets out its not changed much over the years

John

coatbridge

I actually use the old college because its honest no pretence its a pub for a beer and a laugh with punters.

On the flipaide i detest pubs polished to 9 caret standard pouring posh pish in order to generate a fake exclusivity

coatbridge

"I actually use the old college because it reminds me of an old time pub no poliah just beer and a laugh with punters no pretence of being anything more than it is.

On tge flip side im not a fan of pretence bars with knockup prices to fake ezclusivity

I'd like it more if they would sort the toilets out its not changed much over the years

John "

lol the toilets always seem to smell of trout weird

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I actually use the old college because its honest no pretence its a pub for a beer and a laugh with punters.

On the flipaide i detest pubs polished to 9 caret standard pouring posh pish in order to generate a fake exclusivity"

I dislike most of the pubs in town for this very reason. Give me wee men in their bunnets with a bit of patter every day.

I tend to gravitate to the Scotia on the rare occasions I go for a drink in the town (used to happily bounce between there and The Clutha)

Glasgow

On tge flip side im not a fan of pretence bars with knockup prices to fake ezclusivity

John lol the toilets always seem to smell of trout weird"

That's the glorious high street open sewage system that's in need of some serious updating but sadly they'd need to demolish most of high street to sort it

John

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’ll report back on The Griffin soon. I’m going there before a show in a couple of weeks.

E.K . Glasgow

"Only pub I’ve ever been barred from the Griffin had an argument because the puggy didn’t pay out £9 35 years ago £9 was two rounds .

Yeah must admit I got barred from there years ago after a fight broke out over lizard racing but that's a story for another time

John "

Admit it you had a different type of reptile you were showing off your trouser snake weren’t you ? .

Glasgow

"Only pub I’ve ever been barred from the Griffin had an argument because the puggy didn’t pay out £9 35 years ago £9 was two rounds .

John

Admit it you had a different type of reptile you were showing off your trouser snake weren’t you ? . "

Haha this made me giggle

K x

"Ended up in the old college bar last weekend, plenty of character but just falling apart by the looks of things. Not many old pubs still standing, lots of my regular haunts gone for good.

Drummonds/Potters

The Gallery bar on Buchanan Street (tbf it was always decent on certain nights)

The Griffin (no idea how that's still standing)

John "

Heilimans umbrella.lol got barred for doing absolutely nothing!!!!

No pubs with character through here .. I often find my way to the horshoe when I’m in Glasgow though

By *J-32Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I use to work the doors of plenty of pubs with "character" over the years, Alfredo's full of dodgy old guys, Waldorf full of even more dodgy old guys, Lauders full of dodgy people in general, Sammy Dows full of strange people in general including the old woman with her dug in a buggy but not sure it's open anymore after being shut down a while back, Toby Jug is ok unless the football is on but like any pubs on that street it's full of characters.

Rhoderick dhu is a good pub

Used to like the Scotia bar on a Sunday

The Piper is good...was in a few weeks ago. Absolutely mobbed.

E.K . Glasgow

John

Admit it you had a different type of reptile you were showing off your trouser snake weren’t you ? .

Haha this made me giggle

K x"

What I said or John’s trouser snake made you giggle ?

coatbridge

"I use to work the doors of plenty of pubs with "character" over the years, Alfredo's full of dodgy old guys, Waldorf full of even more dodgy old guys, Lauders full of dodgy people in general, Sammy Dows full of strange people in general including the old woman with her dug in a buggy but not sure it's open anymore after being shut down a while back, Toby Jug is ok unless the football is on but like any pubs on that street it's full of characters."
yup sammys still open along with alfredoa

"The Piper is good...was in a few weeks ago. Absolutely mobbed."
stumbled in with a mate a few months ago after a wee pub crawl...what a night! Lol never been in it before but it was mobbed!! Old pervy guys mostly but we were too d*unk to notice

"The Piper is good...was in a few weeks ago. Absolutely mobbed.stumbled in with a mate a few months ago after a wee pub crawl...what a night! Lol never been in it before but it was mobbed!! Old pervy guys mostly but we were too d*unk to notice "

There was a good mix of men and women the night we were in. Didn't sit down all night

John "

£9 wont even get you a long vodka now

Rockers

"The Piper is good...was in a few weeks ago. Absolutely mobbed.stumbled in with a mate a few months ago after a wee pub crawl...what a night! Lol never been in it before but it was mobbed!! Old pervy guys mostly but we were too d*unk to notice

There was a good mix of men and women the night we were in. Didn't sit down all night "

right doggy me you Tracey next sat night

"The Piper is good...was in a few weeks ago. Absolutely mobbed.stumbled in with a mate a few months ago after a wee pub crawl...what a night! Lol never been in it before but it was mobbed!! Old pervy guys mostly but we were too d*unk to notice

There was a good mix of men and women the night we were in. Didn't sit down all night right doggy me you Tracey next sat night "

Could they handle us?

I'll probably be pan breed by then...feel about 90 tonight.

Lol doubt it

Handling us I mean you being pan bread I hope not

Hope your feeling better soon chick

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

There was a good mix of men and women the night we were in. Didn't sit down all night right doggy me you Tracey next sat night "

Where am I going?

By *dlilbumCouple  over a year ago

Aviemore and regularly visit Glasgow

Dunno about worst but my favourite old pub for a day time pint has to be the laurieston!

D

By *eenonfun2Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

We were in the Griffin last Saturday. It's still a good pub.

» Add a new message to this topic