FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Undercover mods ???

Undercover mods ???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1 OP   Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Who thinks undercover mods would be a good idea in chat rooms ?

This week i have witnessed people being verbaly abused in chat rooms myself included.

on one occation a mod was called but as soon as they appeared in the chat room the person doing it stopped yes i know chat room logs can be checked and the offender banned at a later date but that doesnt stop the abuse happening at the time.

Anyone else in favour of undercover mods ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

yeah but people would still find out who the under cover ones were

"yeah but people would still find out who the under cover ones were "

No they would'nt if they dont have the usual mod*

Jacs, another one of your fab ideas. JIm

awww rite nps but could the under cover ones do anything or would they let a mod know wat was happening

"awww rite nps but could the under cover ones do anything or would they let a mod know wat was happening"

they would be mods like other mods on here without the *

By *ewels74Woman  over a year ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

Sounds like a good idea also, as i think many folk just slip through and the mods sometimes may just miss the ones that are being bolshy but do it in a way you dont realise they might be doing it...

"Sounds like a good idea also, as i think many folk just slip through and the mods sometimes may just miss the ones that are being bolshy but do it in a way you dont realise they might be doing it...

"

Exactly some do it in away where they think if the add a LOL at the end of their comment they will get away with it .

By *r D and Mrs LCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

Definitely a better system than what we have. We are all for it.

some mods do come in under different names from time to time

By *andj65Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Not the worst idea ive heard and goin by whats happening in the chat these days id say something other than the system we have has to be better...

Id say give it a go anyways...

By *f123Man  over a year ago

central

where do i pick up the application form

By *z ThongzWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Jacs i think its the age old problem of not enough mods , was a suggestion in new chat the other morning that there should be a mod present in all rooms all the time , i think this is a better idea and there are plenty of people who are around day times as well as evenings who would make good mods , but the undercover idea is good , old chat isnt so busy now so maybe the mods dont bother the same .

New chat is constantly busy and often not a mod online especially during the day times , as directing is the biggest bug bear in the new chat for me and u have to so look for a mod and usually non existant , we did find one the other day , poor woman was run ragged as she was the only mod online.

By *enandlisaCouple  over a year ago

Burnley'ish

Dont shoot the messenger but.....

Was suggested the other day that some of the females who sit on cam like beached whales actually love the attention of being directed due to the fact they are devoid of attention in normal everyday vanilla life.

Wouldnt undercover mods spoil this for them?

Lanarkshire

How would u know this to be true , again it sounds like a rude comment to make about a person , unless u know someone on a personal level u have no idea how their 'vanilla' life is and have no right to judge , but on the other side of the coin , unless ur in a directing room their should be no one directing u , so maybe these so called beach whales are in a non directing room as they dont want directing but are happy to go on cam to speak to the nice people who enjoy the way they look

Burnley'ish

I dont know it to be true, was merely asking if there was "undercover mods" would it not spoil things for these people.

As i said......dont shoot the messenger.

Lanarkshire

Wasnt shooting the messenger was using you in a colloquial term and no i dont think it would spoil the fun for the people who want to go on cam , but it sure as hell would spoil it for the directors who can't read a simple rule that its not appropriate to direct unless in one of the five directing rooms .

Bring on more mods , undercover or not.

By *uncpl007Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

simply ban all cams apart from in directing rooms one problems solved

"How would u know this to be true , again it sounds like a rude comment to make about a person , unless u know someone on a personal level u have no idea how their 'vanilla' life is and have no right to judge , but on the other side of the coin , unless ur in a directing room their should be no one directing u , so maybe these so called beach whales are in a non directing room as they dont want directing but are happy to go on cam to speak to the nice people who enjoy the way they look "

Well said

Honestly what is it with the "Beached Whales" comments, grrr

I think mods are needed in order to remove these narrow minded people.

Now I'm off to have a good old blubber

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

How does one report an undercover mod ?

Point of clarification only of course before i get cast aside to the naughty step like a spunk rag

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

Dont use chat but cant you just "ignore" someone so you can no longer see them and vice versa??

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

Dont use chat but cant you just "ignore" someone so you can no longer see them and vice versa??

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

"Dont shoot the messenger but.....

Was suggested the other day that some of the females who sit on cam like beached whales actually love the attention of being directed due to the fact they are devoid of attention in normal everyday vanilla life.

Wouldnt undercover mods spoil this for them?"

Are you suggesting that anyone on cam would have things spoilt for them in chat if undercover mods were in kicking out the directors? Unless they were encouraging the directors by their comments or pm's why would they worry- they could always go to one of the directing rooms if that was the type of attention that they wanted were that the case surely?

kirkcaldy

"How does one report an undercover mod ?

Point of clarification only of course before i get cast aside to the naughty step like a spunk rag "

you would report them as you would anyone else and admin would look into their conduct as well

If the mod was undercover, you couldnt report them from their profile as you wouldnt know who they were

But, as with any mod, you can use the contact button at the bottom of all site pages and follow the links to report a mod action and admin can see what mod did what, undercover or not.

Anyhow…. undercover mods…. yes a good idea in one respect but people direct/abuse even when a mod is there and actively warning others.

As I have said before, till im blue in the cheeks, if the vast majority of the room (especially the fems and couples) blocked the people with the bad chat/abuse then they would either leave the room, or change their ways. Yet it seems more fun to keep them unblocked and be-little them afterwards.

Steve xx

Midlothian

"How does one report an undercover mod ?

Point of clarification only of course before i get cast aside to the naughty step like a spunk rag

you would report them as you would anyone else and admin would look into their conduct as well"

Erm there undercover remember lol

Burnley'ish

Wouldnt undercover mods spoil this for them?

Are you suggesting that anyone on cam would have things spoilt for them in chat if undercover mods were in kicking out the directors? Unless they were encouraging the directors by their comments or pm's why would they worry- they could always go to one of the directing rooms if that was the type of attention that they wanted were that the case surely?"

I suggested nothing......merely pointed out the conversation that took place recently in an open chatroom that some females appear to sit on cam with the sole intention of attracting attention, be it negative or positive attention.

At no point have i expressed that i am of that opinion.

Like i said....dont shoot the messenger.

"Who thinks undercover mods would be a good idea in chat rooms ?

This week i have witnessed people being verbaly abused in chat rooms myself included.

on one occation a mod was called but as soon as they appeared in the chat room the person doing it stopped yes i know chat room logs can be checked and the offender banned at a later date but that doesnt stop the abuse happening at the time.

"

Jacs there are I cant say who but i know a few who are undercover mods

Jacs there are I cant say who but i know a few who are undercover mods "

ohhhh really i didnt know this

ohhhh really i didnt know this "

Not like you to not be on the ball Jacs, I know there are some too lol

"If the mod was undercover, you couldnt report them from their profile as you wouldnt know who they were

But, as with any mod, you can use the contact button at the bottom of all site pages and follow the links to report a mod action and admin can see what mod did what, undercover or not.

Anyhow…. undercover mods…. yes a good idea in one respect but people direct/abuse even when a mod is there and actively warning others.

As I have said before, till im blue in the cheeks, if the vast majority of the room (especially the fems and couples) blocked the people with the bad chat/abuse then they would either leave the room, or change their ways. Yet it seems more fun to keep them unblocked and be-little them afterwards.

Steve xx

"

Believe me Steve blocking them only allows then to still be abusive to you all the more cos they know you cant see what they type.

[Removed by poster at 27/01/12 15:13:58]

"If the mod was undercover, you couldnt report them from their profile as you wouldnt know who they were

Steve xx

Believe me Steve blocking them only allows then to still be abusive to you all the more cos they know you cant see what they type. "

Ha yeh definitely, seen it with my own eyes !!

Steve xx

Believe me Steve blocking them only allows then to still be abusive to you all the more cos they know you cant see what they type. "

I have to agree jess seen it done many many times and not nice to have to sit thro

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

No mods are undercover. We all have stars after our names.

If you see someone being banned from a room and there are no mods in then they have either been banned by a mod in another room or by admin.

ohhhh really i didnt know this

Not like you to not be on the ball Jacs, I know there are some too lol "

well you learn something new everyday

"

They are like the school bully at school though, dont give them any air time and they will go away. If enough people blocked them, they wouldnt see your chat in the room and it would become a very lonely chat room for them very quickly.

There will be other friends in the chat that will report any further abusive behaviour on your behalf im sure.

Steve

"No mods are undercover. We all have stars after our names.

If you see someone being banned from a room and there are no mods in then they have either been banned by a mod in another room or by admin."

What Lil said ^^, was about to type the same.

If a person is banned and no mod in the room then its likely that someone in that room has reported them and Admin have banned them from the report. All the more reason to report people, Admin do take action where needed.

Steve

If you see someone being banned from a room and there are no mods in then they have either been banned by a mod in another room or by admin.

What Lil said ^^, was about to type the same.

If a person is banned and no mod in the room then its likely that someone in that room has reported them and Admin have banned them from the report. All the more reason to report people, Admin do take action where needed.

Steve"

Thanks for clarifying this Steve and Lil

The past few weeks has been murder in old scotland chat for people abusing others in the room and ive reported more the past two weeks than i have in the past five years ive been on here.

Its turning into what used to be a brilliant wee room in to as u said Steve nothing short of a playgroud for imature adults acting like kids

Something has to make these people realise they cant get away with disturbing the room just because they have issues with other members .

"

They are like the school bully at school though, dont give them any air time and they will go away. If enough people blocked them, they wouldnt see your chat in the room and it would become a very lonely chat room for them very quickly.

There will be other friends in the chat that will report any further abusive behaviour on your behalf im sure.

Steve"

That works well in the new chat Steve but in old chat when you block they still see what you type its about time the blocked works both ways in old chat.

When I meant about undercover mod is he/she sits in room with a diff username watches what's going on leaves and then comes bk with there * and ban and yes i think it is a great idea

Jess

Lanarkshire

I think the mods do a good job , i have to say this , always seems when there is a mod suggestion , mods get annoyed and think they are being belittled , i can assure u in my case its not true , they give up their time to do the job and most do it well.

The problems discussed on this thread have been issues raised on a daily basis in chat or in forums since i joined the site over two years ago , it seems that some of the suggestions are well worth trying and might help to lessen the regularity with which these issues are raised.

While the mods do a sterling job, there is never enough of them around and sometimes not at all when they are needed hence why folks do have to use block or report or both. Trying the under cover mod or bringing more mods on board would maybe save these folks from having to raise the same issues time and again after all the site would be nothing without site users and folks do leave because of abuse and harrassment.

By *1cebren4uWoman  over a year ago

clydebank

On another site years ago mods could enter the room under a STEALTH mode perhaps that should be looked into then they can see what is happening before they actually show to other members they are there.

Just a suggestion Fabs ??? xxxxx

Midlothian

"follow the links to report a mod action and admin can see what mod did what, undercover or not.

Steve xx"

Thanks Steve so hypothetically speaking my report would be as follows...

Admin i would like to report an invisible undercover moderator

Admin picks themselves up from floor with there sides split from laughter

Straight jacket for deviant i don't think so

Anyhow im of for a pint

kirkcaldy

Steve xx

"

i meant that if someone felt another was being abusive to them or wanted to contest the ban they receive they could contact admin steve

"On another site years ago mods could enter the room under a STEALTH mode perhaps that should be looked into then they can see what is happening before they actually show to other members they are there.

Just a suggestion Fabs ??? xxxxx "

sounds a good idea too bren

if anyone is being abused in chat room and no mod available .....answer is simple .... click on the offenders profile , then click report ..... fill in report form , along with time , date and room you where in when it happened .....admin will check room logs and take action against the offender.

Then BLOCK said offender .!!!!!!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Jacs there are I cant say who but i know a few who are undercover mods "

There are no undercover mods. Mods might have a second profile without any mod buttons, but all mods with mod buttons have a *

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"if anyone is being abused in chat room and no mod available .....answer is simple .... click on the offenders profile , then click report ..... fill in report form , along with time , date and room you where in when it happened .....admin will check room logs and take action against the offender.

Then BLOCK said offender .!!!!!!"

It has all been said before Grids, but people don't seem to want to do this.

Good try though

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Wouldnt undercover mods spoil this for them?"

Can we have some respect for other users please, there really is no need to be so rude.

By *unybunyWoman  over a year ago

Living in a Scottish office somewhere

Cant see how it can't be done. The mods on the sister site to this one don't have stars after their names.

Moderating

Now theres a thing ?

Buboo

have seen it before, people using whispers to insult folk- forgetting that whispers can be read by admin as well, mods do a helluva job because there are some downright eejits on sometimes, who care nothing for the rules, sometimes people just come in, to deliberately piss other folk off,

"have seen it before, people using whispers to insult folk- forgetting that whispers can be read by admin as well, mods do a helluva job because there are some downright eejits on sometimes, who care nothing for the rules, sometimes people just come in, to deliberately piss other folk off, "

Admin cant read wispas that would be an infringment of your privacy

By *nTCouple  over a year ago

funland

anything that stops the twats would do it for me. i love going into the chat - but to chat. the down side is that whilst the person being directed or abused can indeed use the block the rest of us in the room have to put up with the constant "get your tits out" and so on and whilst not being said to you personally it bloody grates on my nereves.

as for people being naked on cam - thats their choice and it doesnt mean they are looking for either attention or being directed, they aint the ones breaking the rules

By *nTCouple  over a year ago

funland

anything that stops the twats would do it for me. i love going into the chat - but to chat. the down side is that whilst the person being directed or abused can indeed use the block the rest of us in the room have to put up with the constant "get your tits out" and so on and whilst not being said to you personally it bloody grates on my nereves.

as for people being naked on cam - thats their choice and it doesnt mean they are looking for either attention or being directed, they aint the ones breaking the rules

Lanarkshire

"anything that stops the twats would do it for me. i love going into the chat - but to chat. the down side is that whilst the person being directed or abused can indeed use the block the rest of us in the room have to put up with the constant "get your tits out" and so on and whilst not being said to you personally it bloody grates on my nereves.

as for people being naked on cam - thats their choice and it doesnt mean they are looking for either attention or being directed, they aint the ones breaking the rules"

Well said and i very much agree , my block list is mounting with folks who direct although its not me who is being directed.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"anything that stops the twats would do it for me. i love going into the chat - but to chat. the down side is that whilst the person being directed or abused can indeed use the block the rest of us in the room have to put up with the constant "get your tits out" and so on and whilst not being said to you personally it bloody grates on my nereves.

"

You can use the block button too

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"have seen it before, people using whispers to insult folk- forgetting that whispers can be read by admin as well, mods do a helluva job because there are some downright eejits on sometimes, who care nothing for the rules, sometimes people just come in, to deliberately piss other folk off,

Admin cant read wispas that would be an infringment of your privacy "

Taken from the chat rules.

Here's the rules for the chatroom. These rules are enforced by the chatroom moderators (who have a * after their names). Everything that is said in the chatroom is recorded (including private messages) so to ensure that these rules are being followed.

Admin have logs for all chat, it is the mods that can't see it.

am all for the eejits,who constantly breach the chat rules, and cause upset to other folks, being banned, temporarily or otherwise, chat is meant to be fun, and some people seek to jeopardise this way of thinking

"have seen it before, people using whispers to insult folk- forgetting that whispers can be read by admin as well, mods do a helluva job because there are some downright eejits on sometimes, who care nothing for the rules, sometimes people just come in, to deliberately piss other folk off,

Admin cant read wispas that would be an infringment of your privacy

Taken from the chat rules.

Here's the rules for the chatroom. These rules are enforced by the chatroom moderators (who have a * after their names). Everything that is said in the chatroom is recorded (including private messages) so to ensure that these rules are being followed.

Admin have logs for all chat, it is the mods that can't see it."

ok thanks for that rugby xxx

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Do us a favour please, stop getting personal on your posts and calling people names....they are members just like you.

"Do us a favour please, stop getting personal on your posts and calling people names....they are members just like you."

who me ?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Do us a favour please, stop getting personal on your posts and calling people names....they are members just like you.

who me ?"

A general request for any people who were calling other members names, if you wasn't, then it doesn't apply to you.

I think there is a def need for a scottish directing room.There are couples on constantly wanting to play and put on a show in Scots room so why not let the onlookers direct if they are obviously playing to the camera.

"Do us a favour please, stop getting personal on your posts and calling people names....they are members just like you.

who me ?

A general request for any people who were calling other members names, if you wasn't, then it doesn't apply to you. "

ok thought u ment me when u posted after me lol

good idea go for it

i think thats a great idea , however there does seem to be a lot of folks sitting in aran knits eating monstermunch on the scottish room

If you see someone being banned from a room and there are no mods in then they have either been banned by a mod in another room or by admin."

mods do come in under "alias`s" and if abuse is going on they leave the room come back with their mod profile and ban the person , i have spoke to & seen them do it

The rules of the forum....

Please note the forum rules before posting:

Don't badmouth other members or "name and shame":

Fuck that come on people name and shame them...lets see if everyone agrees..Why not name and shame?????

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 28/01/12 13:51:27]

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Why not name and shame?????"
Cos it's in the rules - if you don't like them don't use the forums!

Saw mentioned in earlier post about the mods on sister site to this one , we are on that site also and where mods at one time..... yes its true they do not have the * after thier names, but they are not "undercover", they still advise folks of the rules etc , and if you click on thier names / camera (if on) and what then shows up gives them away as mods..... you can't block a MOD in chatroom ...... where it says , dock, add friend, block ........guess what NO block option...!!!!!

"Saw mentioned in earlier post about the mods on sister site to this one , we are on that site also and where mods at one time..... yes its true they do not have the * after thier names, but they are not "undercover", they still advise folks of the rules etc , and if you click on thier names / camera (if on) and what then shows up gives them away as mods..... you can't block a MOD in chatroom ...... where it says , dock, add friend, block ........guess what NO block option...!!!!!"

u can block a mod via there profile tho x

"The rules of the forum....

Please note the forum rules before posting:

Don't badmouth other members or "name and shame":

Fuck that come on people name and shame them...lets see if everyone agrees..Why not name and shame?????"

If everyone Named & Shamed there wouldnt be anyone meeting .

How would ya define the truth,and gaurenteed if your friends with one and not as much the other.youll believe yur friends

Buboo

"

u can block a mod via there profile tho x "

You can but they can still see your chat and see your cam

When mods realise that they are blocked, they will just ban straight away, pointless warning someone when they cant see the mods type in chat.

S. xx

no matter if they get a ban some come bk with new name a do same thing it that keeps happening they should be total blocked completely block of site all told i know i been affected like that so undercover mods would be good as they dont seem to do it when mod in room

Lanarkshire

"I think there is a def need for a scottish directing room.There are couples on constantly wanting to play and put on a show in Scots room so why not let the onlookers direct if they are obviously playing to the camera."

If folks are in a non directing room on cam they can do as they wish , they are not allowed to be directed and if seen by a mod following directions for people in the room , they as well as the directors are banned , the mods do make this clear in the chatroom , and for further clarification there are already FIVE directing rooms which are open to all members who want to be directed or to direct , they dont have individual area directing rooms , but with five rooms already i wouldnt say there specifically is a call for a scottish one.

"I think there is a def need for a scottish directing room.There are couples on constantly wanting to play and put on a show in Scots room so why not let the onlookers direct if they are obviously playing to the camera.

If folks are in a non directing room on cam they can do as they wish , they are not allowed to be directed and if seen by a mod following directions for people in the room , they as well as the directors are banned , the mods do make this clear in the chatroom , and for further clarification there are already FIVE directing rooms which are open to all members who want to be directed or to direct , they dont have individual area directing rooms , but with five rooms already i wouldnt say there specifically is a call for a scottish one."

Well said Loz hun ...... most folk who play on camera ( like us ) in a NONE directing room do so because they , like us, do NOT want ordered to do this that and the next thing. We do what we want , when we want to and at our pace .

We usually ignore most directions, but if we do see repeated directions from anyone that the mods have missed ( not everyone see's everything typed in room) we go for every ones old friend .....the BLOCK button !!!

I def agree that there are so many folk ruining chat that undercover mods would be good.

» Add a new message to this topic