FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Anxiety

Anxiety

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else suffer from this? I feel like its eating my life and my social life. Not nice at all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

What do you feel anxious about?.

"What do you feel anxious about?. "

Life. Everything!

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Sorry to hear you feel this way.Maybe you should seek advice from your GP.

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Google nhs beating the blues . Contact your gp or call breathing space . Look after yourself .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Tell me 3 things you have got OP that you are thankful for

"Anyone else suffer from this? I feel like its eating my life and my social life. Not nice at all"

Contact Life Links. Details on their website

"Anyone else suffer from this? I feel like its eating my life and my social life. Not nice at all"

Also contact SAMH, Scottish Association for Mental Health. If it is at this stage you really need to seek professional help and advice. They will help you out coping strategies in place to help manage your anxiety.

I'm so sorry to hear you're suffering. For a long time I suffered with severe anxiety and my doctor put me on tablets. It took me a while to gain my strength and confidence back and get rid of the triggers. I started walking again and surrounding myself with the positive people in my life and my family. I've been off the tablets for over a year now and I'm a stronger person now more than ever before. Please go to your doctor and get help. Good luck OP, I'll be thinking of you x

Thank you all so much for your advice. Ita hard but need to do something about it & stop messing my own head. Thank you all

"Thank you all so much for your advice. Ita hard but need to do something about it & stop messing my own head. Thank you all "

By *ack-of-RollosMan  over a year ago

Rolloshire

Sorry to hear this fella. Recommend the following these steps in order, just get off at your stop

1) Switch from coffee/tea to caffine-free green tea

2) Learn and apply mindfulness

3) Learn and apply CBT (but don't go too deep)

4) talk to your most calm + busy friends about strategies

5) find a support group led by a trained councillor

6) See a GP about a referral for a diagnosis

7) Consider prescribed meds

Avoid the hype about CBD at the mo. The boffins are not totally sure on the long term effects and suppliers will likely mess with the concentration and ingredients. The few meta-analysis done (need more) only show evidence in pain relief paired with a stronger risk of psychoses.

Rollo

By *MCFUN5Couple  over a year ago

GLASGOW

How brave to post this - you’ve had some great advice so far, try anything and everything until you find something that works for you. Mindfulness will definitely help x good luck

You can also download an app called Headspace. It helps you take time each day to relax and reset. But please please get an appointment with your GP and get the ball rolling to put you back on track.

By *eeLaceyTV/TS  over a year ago

bellshill

One of the things that worked really well for me were relaxation videos on Youtube. The ones I use are by a guy called Michael Sealey and they did wonders for me.

All the best to you.

I have no direct experience of anxiety, but recently went through an episode of work related stress, causing insomnia, as a result of being put at risk of losing job.

For me it had been building for a long time and in hindsight I should've seen the warning signs. I took some time out to do some relaxing and thinking about future and that helped, if for no other reason that I feel better placed to pick up on it earlier.

As others said it's good that you've talked about, even if just to strangers on here. There is good advice on here and the best thing to do is open up to people who can help you in the way you want to be helped.

look up mindfulness, also grounding techniques, speak to your GP if not done so already. There are quite a lot of meds out there now for this, but sometimes it is trial and error till they get the right meds that work for you, or the correct dosage. Establish your pattern of life, and what causes a trigger for your anxiety, you can then maybe reduce the exposure to things that may trigger you. Having a hobby can also help. i do graphics, and when my anxiety gets bad, i focus on making graphics, it helps take my mind off it, by keeping me occupied, and eventually i calm back down again. There are coping mechanisms, you just need to try them till you find one that works for you. Best of luck, don't let it beat you, and don't suffer in silence.

I suffer really bad from anxiety, social particularly

It's debilitating and I'm with you

Need a chat I'm here x

My wife has suffered with this and it has torn her up. I hope you get the support you need. And please remember you can and will com out the other side xxx

Good advise above OP.

Keep talking about it. Don’t bottle it up.

By *an from UncleMan  over a year ago

ml1

Anxiety is caused by worrying about things that most of the time are outwith your control and , also trying to stay ahead of the game all the time which, you cant always do once you undetstand what causes a problem your half way there to fixing it take two steps back and rationalize it and your three quarters there

But do go to the Doctors he/she help you lay out a plan to deal with it none of us are experts

Best of luck

"I suffer really bad from anxiety, social particularly

It's debilitating and I'm with you

Need a chat I'm here x"

I would if you hadnt blocked all males lol.

Thanks to everyone for input x

there are quite a lot of good groups on facebook where you can pick up pointers from others experiencing the same problems, (different coping techniques and mechanisms) or just to have a place where you can sound off and get things off your chest. look up "UK PTSD JUST TALK" it's ran by a veteran and a former cop, loads of advice, and they will try and steer you to further help if needed. It says PTSD in the name but it covers anxiety, depression as well, as most mental health conditions seem to interlink. If you are facing a big task/job/etc and that is causing anxiety, break it down to more manageable tasks. slow is sure, and sure is fast. take small steps.

[Removed by poster at 31/03/19 13:51:13]

» Add a new message to this topic