FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Losing weight advice

Losing weight advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So as its now coming into summer shortly decided its time to knock my ass into gear and shift my excess weight and try and get my confidence in myself back in and outside the bedroom ive started eating right fruit and veggies as well as portions but basically what excercises would be good for getting rid of gut and love handles? gave myself a target of losing 2st so any pointers would be a good help

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Swimming is a great place to start plus got the sauna there to

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Hula hoop?

Do you go to the gym? You're not diabetic? Resistance and cardio will shift the gut. Google livestrong and sparklepeople

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Hope it's next summer you want to lose weight for? If its this summer then it's a little too late as tend to find you'll just yoyo diet putting weight on easier than losing it when trying to rush but best of luck. Stop drinking alcohol for 30 days, cut out fizzy juice and drink lots of water, good start to feeling better inside which helps on the outside when you start to exercise a little, personally hate gyms but happy to walk anywhere I need etc

I'm far from fit but I'm not a slob anymore

Good luck

John

By *stonDBS2Man  over a year ago

Kirkcaldy

Apple before bed. Breaks down fat while you sleep.

By *azzle DazzleCouple  over a year ago

strathaven

"So as its now coming into summer shortly decided its time to knock my ass into gear and shift my excess weight and try and get my confidence in myself back in and outside the bedroom ive started eating right fruit and veggies as well as portions but basically what excercises would be good for getting rid of gut and love handles? gave myself a target of losing 2st so any pointers would be a good help "
Quite simple,diets have end by dates,eat the right stuff and exert yourself a bit more than usual........

Look at intermittent fasting.

Walk everywhere whenever possible.

Stop eating shite.

Look at bodyweight workouts on YouTube. Set your alarm half an hour earlier in the morning and get up to do one. Personally I think the gym is a waste of money when you're starting out and haven't fully committed to getting fit.

Getting fit and losing weight takes a lifestyle change and commitment or you will just put it back on if you were to fall back into the old habits that caused the weight gain.

Good luck and hope get down to the weight you want

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

Short high intensity workouts that get your heart beat racing, shockfit, metafit and spin are helpful if you’re a gym member, rowing machine ideal for stomach.....

The walking groups are hopefully going to pick the pace back up now the better weather is coming back

"Short high intensity workouts that get your heart beat racing, shockfit, metafit and spin are helpful if you’re a gym member, rowing machine ideal for stomach....."

Fuck your knees up though! Dunno what's going to go first when I'm doing a star jump....my pelvic floor or ma knees!

Cut out sugar. For me that was the hardest. Find a steep incline with in running or walking distance of your house. I would do that five times up and down. Then walk or run back home. Also drinking water helps you. As you lose your water weight. I lost 3 stone about 3 years ago now doing that. Unfortunately I am not good at avoiding the sweets and crisps. So I am back up a stone grr. I wish you luck

"Short high intensity workouts that get your heart beat racing, shockfit, metafit and spin are helpful if you’re a gym member, rowing machine ideal for stomach.....

Fuck your knees up though! Dunno what's going to go first when I'm doing a star jump....my pelvic floor or ma knees!"

Iv joined the gym again so spending money on that is my motivation to justify it!

Loving it tho.

Good luck whatever you decide to do

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Sexercize works for me lol

Seriously good luck on your weighloss journey & any exercise is better than none at all

"Sexercize works for me lol

Seriously good luck on your weighloss journey & any exercise is better than none at all "

Lol id need a sexercise buddy for that

But as to what everyone else has said dont drink anyways cut fizzy juice out entirely but will look into the excerise vids on youtube and the walking groups would be a good idea actually

Take up running, you can do your training straight from the moment you are out of the door and it is about as cheap a sport as you can get.If you can't run to start with then run/walk for as long as you need.

Eat less move more

"Eat less move more "

Ohh so thats where ive been going wrong then lol

"So as its now coming into summer shortly decided its time to knock my ass into gear and shift my excess weight and try and get my confidence in myself back in and outside the bedroom ive started eating right fruit and veggies as well as portions but basically what excercises would be good for getting rid of gut and love handles? gave myself a target of losing 2st so any pointers would be a good help "

It's as simple as increasing output and decreasing calorie intake make sure your eating enough protein as well

Eating little and often as well helps, grazing on fruit/veg/salad foods during the day is good always having wee bags of fruit etc kicking about is handy and if you’re always full less chance of making poor choices

"Eating little and often as well helps, grazing on fruit/veg/salad foods during the day is good always having wee bags of fruit etc kicking about is handy and if you’re always full less chance of making poor choices "

Yeah good point actually

By *eeling hot hot hotCouple  over a year ago

North Ayrshire

Try reading the clever gut, it tells you how the gut works and surprises you about what's good for you and what's not.

After an operation last year I went from a 30" waist to 42"

It's taken a long time and a lot of work to do but now I'm back to 30" waist. I don't believe in weighing myself as mussel weighs more than fat

By *exylicksMan  over a year ago

airdrie

carb counting is best way to deal with weight loss, 160g for men a day and 110g for ladies a day bring down to 120g a day for men and 80g a day for women.important that you eat a lot of different food groups and lot of foods like chicken sausage steak red meat fish all carb free

My friends swear by Herbalife.

I'd love to do it but the thought of milkshake type drinks make me feel sick.

Eating less and moving more is the obvious.

If you find some miracle secret please share as there's about 3 stone too much of me!

By *illywrightMan  over a year ago

killie

I've lost 2 1/2 stones in 3 months. Count your callories. My fitness pal is a great app for it. I probably eat more now than before but I am eating the right stuff. Pinch of nom book is really good for recipes as well

killie

Also water is a god send. Fills you up when you have that wee hunger spell between meals. I put a bit of sugar free dilluting juice in it

Right can I put this out here, after my break up with ex wife about 2 years ago i gained about 16 stone and she said that i would never be able to shift it so i said fuck it I'm going to use this as an advantage so, I didn't bother with gym and started walking for 30 minutes each day speed walking then after about 3 weeks started going for hour walks then kept building the hours each week! Do weights at home for about 20 minutes each night not pushing to much, after about 5 months I lost 3 stone then carried on pushing harder and harder in 8 months I lost 5 stone in total! I didn't bother eating healthy just my usel just eat when hungry

You need full to push but the key here is just moving more! Hope this helps.

By *nicorn on wheelsWoman  over a year ago

scotland

"Also water is a god send. Fills you up when you have that wee hunger spell between meals. I put a bit of sugar free dilluting juice in it "

I know a lot don’t like but room temp water is best for filling you up

killie

"Also water is a god send. Fills you up when you have that wee hunger spell between meals. I put a bit of sugar free dilluting juice in it

I know a lot don’t like but room temp water is best for filling you up "

It just tastes wrong though lol

By *oolsGoldxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"So as its now coming into summer shortly decided its time to knock my ass into gear and shift my excess weight and try and get my confidence in myself back in and outside the bedroom ive started eating right fruit and veggies as well as portions but basically what excercises would be good for getting rid of gut and love handles? gave myself a target of losing 2st so any pointers would be a good help

Try reading the clever gut, it tells you how the gut works and surprises you about what's good for you and what's not.

After an operation last year I went from a 30" waist to 42"

It's taken a long time and a lot of work to do but now I'm back to 30" waist. I don't believe in weighing myself as mussel weighs more than fat"

Muscle doesn’t weigh more than fat? 1kg of Muscle I the exact same as 1kg of fat.. muscle is leaner tho so takes up less space.

1kg of bricks is same as 1kg of feathers.

Walking is a great way of getting exercise, and it's free. I can happily walk for miles.

Swimming is also really good. Gives your body an all over workout without putting any pressure on your body.

And the more you do both, the longer & further you'll be able to do it for x

"Also water is a god send. Fills you up when you have that wee hunger spell between meals. I put a bit of sugar free dilluting juice in it "

Aye ive been doing that or have diluting juice when im eating

"Right can I put this out here, after my break up with ex wife about 2 years ago i gained about 16 stone and she said that i would never be able to shift it so i said fuck it I'm going to use this as an advantage so, I didn't bother with gym and started walking for 30 minutes each day speed walking then after about 3 weeks started going for hour walks then kept building the hours each week! Do weights at home for about 20 minutes each night not pushing to much, after about 5 months I lost 3 stone then carried on pushing harder and harder in 8 months I lost 5 stone in total! I didn't bother eating healthy just my usel just eat when hungry

You need full to push but the key here is just moving more! Hope this helps."

Good for you man and aye started doing excercises at home push ups pull ups etc think im gonna start running too

"Right can I put this out here, after my break up with ex wife about 2 years ago i gained about 16 stone and she said that i would never be able to shift it so i said fuck it I'm going to use this as an advantage so, I didn't bother with gym and started walking for 30 minutes each day speed walking then after about 3 weeks started going for hour walks then kept building the hours each week! Do weights at home for about 20 minutes each night not pushing to much, after about 5 months I lost 3 stone then carried on pushing harder and harder in 8 months I lost 5 stone in total! I didn't bother eating healthy just my usel just eat when hungry

Good for you man and aye started doing excercises at home push ups pull ups etc think im gonna start running too"

Don't need running btw walking does the same job no point in stressing body to much at first just ease into it! Just advice but do as you think may help

[Removed by poster at 31/03/19 23:09:58]

Good for you man and aye started doing excercises at home push ups pull ups etc think im gonna start running too

Don't need running btw walking does the same job no point in stressing body to much at first just ease into it! Just advice but do as you think may help "

Yeah im gonna ease into it not go run fatboy run mode and do marathons right off the bat lol

"

Muscle doesn’t weigh more than fat? 1kg of Muscle I the exact same as 1kg of fat

"

Factually accurate yes but i always hate when people say this like it makes them seem smarter when actually they are being obtuse ...

1kg of any substance weighs the same as 1kg or another ... its a weight measurement

But its fairly obvious in the context that people mean the same volume of muscle weighs more than the same volume of fat ... ie you can weigh the same but be a smaller shape/ size because you have replaced X kg of fat with X kg of muscle

Don't need running btw walking does the same job no point in stressing body to much at first just ease into it! Just advice but do as you think may help

Yeah im gonna ease into it not go run fatboy run mode and do marathons right off the bat lol"

Pahaha could always try

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

"

Muscle doesn’t weigh more than fat? 1kg of Muscle I the exact same as 1kg of fat

Factually accurate yes but i always hate when people say this like it makes them seem smarter when actually they are being obtuse ...

1kg of any substance weighs the same as 1kg or another ... its a weight measurement

But its fairly obvious in the context that people mean the same volume of muscle weighs more than the same volume of fat ... ie you can weigh the same but be a smaller shape/ size because you have replaced X kg of fat with X kg of muscle

"

Yeah im gonna ease into it not go run fatboy run mode and do marathons right off the bat lol

Pahaha could always try "

Aye get my bed in casualty at the ready then pmsl

» Add a new message to this topic