FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Compliments

Compliments

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When are they appropriate or inappropriate?

On a night out when you've made an effort to get ready, they're nice I think. But how about in the work place? "I like your hair", "that lipstick suits you", nice jewellery is passable I think..

But what about when a customer or colleague comments on your body? You look good in your uniform, you look like you work out, you have a lovely figure...Is that crossing a line or all down to how exactly it's said and the context?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

At my age i will gladly accept any compliment thrown my way.

"At my age i will gladly accept any compliment thrown my way."

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's how it's said and context, even the person - if leery it's just creepy and VERY offensive

I think it has a lot to do with the tone of the compliment.

Now a days with political correct issues people are getting scared to talk to each other let alone risk a complement.

But then there will be those screaming for equality because they did not get a complement... Whether deserved or not.

Hee hee...

Lee and I complement people because it's the nice thing to do.

Xxx

Me and my Pa has this convo the other day as another colleague paid her what he thought was a complimentary remark be she found it extremely offensive as it was the first time they had spoken.

I pointed out that I gave said similar things to her and she said that it was OK as we had a relationship and she understood the under tones of it

So to answer the question from the right person said in the tight way then yes

I think it depends on how it's said and how the person receiving it perceives it.

Just like has been discussed on here many times, peoples idea of body sizes and shapes vary vastly from person to person.

I think this will be another example of that.

L x

By *ink-KameraMan  over a year ago

Livingston

"I think it depends on how it's said and how the person receiving it perceives it.

Just like has been discussed on here many times, peoples idea of body sizes and shapes vary vastly from person to person.

L x"

If I genuinely think someone is pretty or has nice hair ETC then I am happy to tell them so. It's not my fault if the person being complimented has issues with it. Provided I'm not rubbing my thighs and salivating as I say it.

"When are they appropriate or inappropriate?

On a night out when you've made an effort to get ready, they're nice I think. But how about in the work place? "I like your hair", "that lipstick suits you", nice jewellery is passable I think..

But what about when a customer or colleague comments on your body? You look good in your uniform, you look like you work out, you have a lovely figure...Is that crossing a line or all down to how exactly it's said and the context?

"

Work place dodgy territory!

I struggle a bit with compliments anyway as I'm a little cynical and think many of them aren't really that genuine.

I think it all depends on the rapport you have with your colleagues. In the male female scenario I think (wrongly) than males need to be more cautious than females.

There are a few females colleagues who I work with who I could compliment re hair or physique more toned if hitting gym or losing weight and they would take it in the manner it was intended. There are others I don't know so well I wouldn't feel comfortable saying that to for fear it'd be taken as perving or sleaziness even though it wouldn't be intended as such.

I struggle a bit with compliments anyway as I'm a little cynical and think many of them aren't really that genuine.

I think it all depends on the rapport you have with your colleagues. In the male female scenario I think (wrongly) than males need to be more cautious than females.

There are a few females colleagues who I work with who I could compliment re hair or physique more toned if hitting gym or losing weight and they would take it in the manner it was intended. There are others I don't know so well I wouldn't feel comfortable saying that to for fear it'd be taken as perving or sleaziness even though it wouldn't be intended as such.

"

You cynical I could never have guessed

You cynical I could never have guessed

"

Dude!! Sometimes people say things they don't really mean just to appear nice!!

Don't let it get to your head.

By *dglasgow30TV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

Like said, it's all to do with context, yea some people in the work place might not have spoken to each other, but surly if one person says to the other oh I like your shoes or I like what you've done with your hair , that isn't a bad thing. If it's oh your tits are looking big today then I can understand that. I do think guys have to watch what is said to females as we don't know where we stand anymore . Can be sitting in the company of a group of woman and the banter can be flowing and having a good wee laugh . But next day it's a minefield cause of how they feel that day. Political correctness is killing how people interact. If someone crosses the line say so and that's the line highlighted so shouldn't happen again. But the world has turned into the snowflake generation and that's sad really

"

Caught out here!

Mind when I said you were ugly.....I lied....what I meant to say was you're fucking ugly

Caught out here!

Mind when I said you were ugly.....I lied....what I meant to say was you're fucking ugly "

Everyone at work is just a grey person to me.

I'm thinking of 2 particular scenarios at work. One when a stranger commented on my arse (inappropriate obviously) and another when I was told that I "fill my uniform nicely". Think it was meant in a nice way but made me feel slighty uncomfortable.

Plus, whether fair or not, I'm always going to assume that men have an agenda. Which is a shame as I know they're not all arseholes.

"I think it depends on how it's said and how the person receiving it perceives it.

L xIf I genuinely think someone is pretty or has nice hair ETC then I am happy to tell them so. It's not my fault if the person being complimented has issues with it. Provided I'm not rubbing my thighs and salivating as I say it."

And yet I'd just laugh if you did.

I can handle myself and I'm not easily offended. I'm also not good at taking compliments, but wouldn't take offence x

Il take any I can get lol

Although on here I struggle to beleive any I get lol

Is thunder thighs and saggy tits.. A compliment?

"I'm thinking of 2 particular scenarios at work. One when a stranger commented on my arse (inappropriate obviously) and another when I was told that I "fill my uniform nicely". Think it was meant in a nice way but made me feel slighty uncomfortable.

Plus, whether fair or not, I'm always going to assume that men have an agenda. Which is a shame as I know they're not all arseholes."

You're wrong though, guys don't always have an agenda. In my work place the females get off with comments that guys would be hauled over the coals for.

The arse comment you received from a stranger was outrageous in the work place. I get referred to in reference to my ass at work by females I know and I've no feelings either way regarding as I get along well with them. But I'm uncomfortable with such comments when others join in that don't know me at all or than I don't get along with.

Re the filling your uniform comment, I have no idea what that would mean, you don't have mega boobs and you're certainly not the hulk!!

"Is thunder thighs and saggy tits.. A compliment? "

Only if you say it about yourself

Caught out here!

Mind when I said you were ugly.....I lied....what I meant to say was you're fucking ugly "

Fuck just see this!! I take that back, you have a huge arse and you are the hulk!

By *ortland51Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Spot on this. The work place is minefield for any such comments, you have to really know the person you are complimenting.

In day to day life, if I feel a compliment is appropriate and merited, I will make one.

I think as long as it appears absolutely genuine and honest, with no obvious agenda other than to be nice or kind to someone, then it's fine.

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

Most adults can see when a compliment is a compliment and when a sleazy comment is a sleazy comment. If its a fine line like doggys where she fills her uniform well , thats one id be asking for clarification. Erm excuse me , what do you mean ? Personally i think a line might have been crossed but thats just my opinion , most compliments are more clear cut than that.

Depends on how it’s said the tone of the voice, I had a guy give me compliments in work but he wouldn’t speak to me in front of anyone else and it was said very quietly and outwith earshot I’d anyone he was a known pervert

By *ddie_westMan  over a year ago

bellshill

"At my age i will gladly accept any compliment thrown my way."

Age is only a number lol

"Is thunder thighs and saggy tits.. A compliment? "

Well when you called me that, I took it as a compliment.

"Is thunder thighs and saggy tits.. A compliment?

Well when you called me that, I took it as a compliment. "

it was meant... From the bottom of my swinging brick

"Is thunder thighs and saggy tits.. A compliment?

Well when you called me that, I took it as a compliment. it was meant... From the bottom of my swinging brick "

Is that rhyming slang?

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"I'm thinking of 2 particular scenarios at work. One when a stranger commented on my arse (inappropriate obviously) and another when I was told that I "fill my uniform nicely". Think it was meant in a nice way but made me feel slighty uncomfortable.

Plus, whether fair or not, I'm always going to assume that men have an agenda. Which is a shame as I know they're not all arseholes."

Neither is appropriate. However he/she could have said you look nice today your always dressed smart.

I see nothing wrong with telling anyone they look smart.

Those 2 sound like they are

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

I’m not great at receiving compliments full stop

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 30/05/19 17:02:10]

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I’m not great at receiving compliments full stop "

Ditto! Even if it's just a friend complimenting a new outfit

R

"I’m not great at receiving compliments full stop

Ditto! Even if it's just a friend complimenting a new outfit

R "

If it's a woman, I always believe them and say "cheers".

"I’m not great at receiving compliments full stop "

You've got great boobs!

How'd that work?

Edin

You've got great boobs!

How'd that work? "

You've got great boobs!

How'd that work?

"

Aye right!! .

You fool no one

You've got great boobs!

How'd that work? "

I'd happily upgrade to yours T

You've got great boobs!

How'd that work?

I'd happily upgrade to yours T "

But how are her collar bones

You've got great boobs!

How'd that work?

But how are her collar bones "

....wasn't looking up the way

You've got great boobs!

How'd that work?

....wasn't looking up the way "

I just perved her pics never made it that far either, I don't usually agree with TD40 but he's spot on this time

You've got great boobs!

How'd that work?

I just perved her pics never made it that far either, I don't usually agree with TD40 but he's spot on this time "

Liar. You're making a habit of agreeing you fucker! And it doesn't rest easy with me. Piss off and find your own boobs to perv!

You've got great boobs!

How'd that work?

I just perved her pics never made it that far either, I don't usually agree with TD40 but he's spot on this time

Liar. You're making a habit of agreeing you fucker! And it doesn't rest easy with me. Piss off and find your own boobs to perv! "

Naw I like them

You've got great boobs!

How'd that work?

Liar. You're making a habit of agreeing you fucker! And it doesn't rest easy with me. Piss off and find your own boobs to perv!

Naw I like them "

.....biggest pair of tits on here...

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

It’s a minefield at times. Being curvy might be a compliment but some days I just feel fat and frumpy. (Autocorrect wanted to say ‘grumpy’) lol.

It also depends if someone has an ulterior motive for giving the compliment.

I will compliment people on here if I like their pics or an outfit.

You've got great boobs!

How'd that work?

Naw I like them

.....biggest pair of tits on here..."

To pair me with him

You've got great boobs!

How'd that work?

Naw I like them

To pair me with him "

You're the fuller, more succulent one....he's the wonky tit

You've got great boobs!

How'd that work?

Naw I like them

.....biggest pair of tits on here..."

Nah, mine are pecs....but he can't be far off!

Edin

You've got great boobs!

How'd that work?

Naw I like them

To pair me with him "

The bromance is real

You've got great boobs!

How'd that work?

Naw I like them

Nah, mine are pecs....but he can't be far off! "

We agreed to leave my moobs out of this

» Add a new message to this topic