FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > For fans of The Doors

For fans of The Doors

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ndrew Mann OP   Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Similar to Steely Dan thread.

The Doors Alive (Doors Tribute band) are playing at the Edinburgh HMV Picture House in April.

Have to say they are the best tribute band I have ever seen, using the same instruments as The Doors and recreating the whole Doors sound and experience, seen them many times now and its always a good night. Its like Jim Morrison is there, long live the Lizard King !!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Going to be away for this

Edinburgh

"Going to be away for this "

Thats a shame, they usually play twice a year at HMV Picture House, based on previous years they should be back around October 2012. I missed them last April myself but caught them in October again.

Moonlight drive is my all time fave doors song.....well,it's in my top five anyway

Dimplex AC3 ...

Is a Fan for a Door

3Kw Air Curtain ...

Love the doors thr sound was just amazing I have a good few songs I like but my favrite song has got to be light my fire

the doors - wow - some - people are strange..

Riders on the storm has to be right up there...

Love her Madly is my fav song of theirs and American Prayer their best album.Would have loved to have seen them.I think I'll be checking that gig out.

Edinburgh

"Love her Madly is my fav song of theirs and American Prayer their best album.Would have loved to have seen them.I think I'll be checking that gig out."

Well worth checking it out, 7th April at Edinburgh HMV Picture House. Great tribute band, and note perfect too. Willie the lead singer (from Fife) really does do a great Morrison. Even have the seal of approval from the remaining Doors so that tells you something - plus there is always some big boobed lass that gets em out infront of stage lol.

Edinburgh

"Love her Madly is my fav song of theirs and American Prayer their best album.Would have loved to have seen them.I think I'll be checking that gig out."

Oops Friday 6th April !!!

Seen a few Doors tribute bands and my all time face song is The End.Such a magical song.

The end is the song a want played at my funeral wen thy put in to burn lol morbid I no

By *ob and angelaCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 11/03/12 23:47:46]

By *ob and angelaCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

seen macfloyd few weeks ago some of there stuff was ok wasnt gilmour/waters but hey ho what do i expect for £15 ...on the thread note ....morrison is god .the guy wasnt only a great poet but performer and being a massive doors fan had to reply ..r.i.p mr mojo risin ....which incidently is an anagram for jim morrison ....

Edinburgh

"seen macfloyd few weeks ago some of there stuff was ok wasnt gilmour/waters but hey ho what do i expect for £15 ...on the thread note ....morrison is god .the guy wasnt only a great poet but performer and being a massive doors fan had to reply ..r.i.p mr mojo risin ....which incidently is an anagram for jim morrison ...."

Yeah seen then a few times and the Australian Pink Floyd to a while back they are pretty good. Was lucky enough to see Pink Floyd back in 1994 on the Division Bell Tour, really faultless !!! Gilmour is a GOD.

Have to say the The Doors Alive are pretty dam good and looking forward to seeing them again !

"Similar to Steely Dan thread.

The Doors Alive (Doors Tribute band) are playing at the Edinburgh HMV Picture House in April.

Have to say they are the best tribute band I have ever seen, using the same instruments as The Doors and recreating the whole Doors sound and experience, seen them many times now and its always a good night. Its like Jim Morrison is there, long live the Lizard King !!! "

Cool seen the posters around for ages now, might just have to get along sometime..

Edinburgh

"Similar to Steely Dan thread.

Have to say they are the best tribute band I have ever seen, using the same instruments as The Doors and recreating the whole Doors sound and experience, seen them many times now and its always a good night. Its like Jim Morrison is there, long live the Lizard King !!!

Cool seen the posters around for ages now, might just have to get along sometime.."

They are really good and well worth the £13 a ticket, quite like the HMV Picture House venue too ! Hope you make it along

» Add a new message to this topic