FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Texting

Texting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm curious as to what anyone's opinion on this but I was maybe going to have a last minute meet with a woman off this site once. We had exchanged mobile numbers and she said she was going to get back to me in half an hour to confirm if she was going to be able to come over to mine.

I waited 50 minutes and got no reply so I sent her a text asking her if she knew yet if she's be able to make it over. I waited another 10 minutes and when there was no reply I text her again just to be sure it half an hour she had said rather than an hour as I didn't want to come across as impatient. She replied to this message and apologised saying she couldn't make it. I replied saying that it was ok and asked when she might be free again. I then remembered that she had promised to send me a face pic of herself before and hadn't done so yet and just reminded her to do so when she had the chance. I finished off the message basicly saying take care and that was that.

The following day which is today I was browsing the site and decided to go on her profile. I found that I had been blocked so I text her asking if I had done something to put her off me. She replied saying that I had sent her 4 texts in a row which she thought was too much for her and asked me to delete my number from my phone. Now it wasn't 4 texts in a row. I had sent her two sets of different texts in a row. I sent 2 before she replied and then another 2 after that. Was I sending her too many texts or was she just being a bit funny and overly cautious?!

I know what It's like to be bombarded by a lot of texts from someone. I had a girl once who I was seeing casually who bombarded me with 50 texts in 1 morning after I stopped seeing her! Am I alone in thinking she was being a bit unreasonable or do I need to reduce the amount of texts I send someone?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lasgowcouple07Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

seems to me you where just looking for a answer from her and it would only have been decent off her to text you back after the first text instead off leaving you hanging and thinking is this another all talker lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

was she verified? She was prob a he! Lol.

"was she verified? She was prob a he! Lol. "

No she wasn't but she was in fact a woman as she had asked me to call her earlier and we chatted briefly.

the guys,buddy ??thats why we dont meet unverified folk.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

It sound like your typical horny guy who will shag anyone ..why on earth would you give someone your personal details without even seeing if there was an attraction in the first place ....chat,pix call meet that should be the order you do things but i know its not how everyone arranges their meets .

By *olly Gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

Glenrothes

I always try to see the other side of coin. Whilst you may have been duped, the lady in question may have had pressing family or work issues. Thing about texting is its a bit like email. Its instant delivery but does not mean instant receipt or instant read. Chalk it up to experience - and follow the CPCPM code - chat, pix, cam, phone, meet. Anyone who jumps straight to meet without seeing the meet in advance MAY BE courting disappointment at best or trouble at worst.

By *z ThongzWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I always say rushed meets never happen , no matter how horny you are engage brain , think about things if its that easy it aint gonna happen .

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"no matter how horny you are engage brain , think about things if its that easy it aint gonna happen . "

Guys think with there dick and that has no conscience, well present company excluded

"It sound like your typical horny guy who will shag anyone ..why on earth would you give someone your personal details without even seeing if there was an attraction in the first place ....chat,pix call meet that should be the order you do things but i know its not how everyone arranges their meets ."

Because unlike some people I'm not overly superficial. I don't always have to see a picture of someone as chemistry can be more important than looks. And I've got on well with practically everyone I've met so it was unlikely we wouldn't hit it off. It is nice to see a pic first just out of curiosity as to what the person looks like but their appearance Isn't the be all and end all. And when you're a single guy you can't always look a gift horse in the mouth when someone offers to meet you at the last minute. Maybe It's easier for most single females to arrange meets but it Isn't if you're a single guy. So it's worth taking a shot and see how the two of you get along.

"no matter how horny you are engage brain , think about things if its that easy it aint gonna happen .

Guys think with there dick and that has no conscience, well present company excluded "

Not necessarily. I've knocked back women on here who were married and playing behind their husband or partners back. If I had no conscience and/or just thought with my dick I would have had no qualms on meeting them.

Thats Life!

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

If you don't get reply from 1st txt...

Ignore/block and move on....

By *URRABULLCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

totally agree with u cath n del.quagmire u will learn from your mistakes!!!!

Oh dear....seems its affected you badly when all you should have done is put it down to experience. In the case of Fab, no news should be construed as bad news...and I think maybe the woman saw a potential stalker in you. Not that Im sure that that's the case lol...but you acted a wee bit like a regular old Columbo...eh just one last thing..and ermm just one more last thing. But jokes aside, its everyone's prerogative to change our minds and its not always easy to be mean and calculating. But to the OP, I'm sure you only had the best of intentions so good luck to you. A x

quagmire seems to thinks he,s a right fanny magnet lol

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"Guys think with there dick and that has no conscience, well present company excluded

If I had no conscience and/or just thought with my dick "

You were thinking with your dick when you became a text pest though eh lol

This site is full of loons, forget about it and move on to the next one and the next one and the next one........... Lol. But you will find loads of cracking folk once youve waded through the socially and sexually challenged members of our comunity.

( now wheres my wig, falsies n helium!!!!)

By *nTCouple  over a year ago

funland

we have had exactly the same so its not just guys. we learnt very early on and now never give out our mobile number unless we have exchanged a fair few messages; saying that we have still had no shows.

i dont think you sent too many texts and thought she was rude not to respond to your first text, but hey there are rude people everywhere so unfortnately fab will have its fair share x

By *abyblueeyes44Woman  over a year ago

somewhere

it nt nice that she ignored u ...manners dnt cost a thing ....im wary who i give ma num 2 i learned hard way last time i was on here a guy put ma number up awe over toilets had lots of weirdos phnin me ....and anther thing i will nt meet anybdy withowt seein a pic or saw n cam

theres loads of idiots on here and in pubs so put it down to a bad experience and move on to the next idiot.

their lose babe not urs as u obviously gor lucky escape lol xx

By *rs kemeaCouple  over a year ago

angus

[Removed by poster at 11/03/12 18:34:06]

I'd also go along with the no texts, means no meet type of route. Generally I try and get a confirmation roughly an hour before any first meet. Just tends to make like a lot easier.

Although I recently had a cracker of a guy, who was pretending to be 2 seperate guys. One who kept witholding his number - so I got fed up with that and told him to jog on. Then someone very similar who had contacted me previously got back in touch, and when I called the guy he tried to put on a Welsh accent - so I wouldn't realise it was the other guy!

I think everyone is right here when they say I should chalk it up to experience. Can be quite maddening when people ignore you or get all hyper sensitive! I heard a story once on here where a guy was chatting to a woman on here and she sent him a photo of herself. He told her that she looked good enough to eat and she took offence to it!!- He told her it was a common term that someone used to say they were attractive but she would have none of it! She must have been living in a cave for the past 30 years! You really do hear some great stories about people's experiences in the swinging community!

» Add a new message to this topic