FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Tough jobs

Tough jobs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *luebell888 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

My job never gets easier. Professional enough to keep it together whilst on duty but human enough to shed many tears when i get home. Who else can relate to this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *endo888Man  over a year ago

Coatbridge

Me

Glasgow

"Me"

I love my job but its tough on the emotions

Coatbridge

What do you do?

Glasgow

"What do you do? "

I care for people who are dying.

Coatbridge

So sad but very caring

Glasgow

Certainly not easy but very rewarding. Some shifts are worse than others. This weekend is tough.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Certainly not easy but very rewarding. Some shifts are worse than others. This weekend is tough."

It's not an easy gig and I admire those who do sending lots of hugs your way x

Coatbridge

Keep going u are a star in the universe

Glasgow

"Certainly not easy but very rewarding. Some shifts are worse than others. This weekend is tough.

It's not an easy gig and I admire those who do sending lots of hugs your way x"

Loads of folk have tough jobs and probably seen worse than me. Its not easy.

By *ornylittlesubWoman  over a year ago

Grangemouth

I am finding my job tougher and tougher as time goes by. I thought it was maybe me slowing down, getting on a bit now lol, but in reality it's down to cuts/less staff.

Tough job at times but makes me appreciate what I have.

Also means a low tolerance level for those who moan like fuck when they don't know they're living.

By *tsallthesame77Woman  over a year ago

edinburgh

Me too I can relate very much

"My job never gets easier. Professional enough to keep it together whilst on duty but human enough to shed many tears when i get home. Who else can relate to t+++his?"

Wish I could say I did a worth while job. All i do is feel sorry for the waste of life most of the folk i deal with have. How bad a life must you have that you need to pinch stuff to sell to feed a habit

Glasgow

"My job never gets easier. Professional enough to keep it together whilst on duty but human enough to shed many tears when i get home. Who else can relate to t+++his?

Wish I could say I did a worth while job. All i do is feel sorry for the waste of life most of the folk i deal with have. How bad a life must you have that you need to pinch stuff to sell to feed a habit"

That is a tough job and very worthehile. Having any addiction is awful and these people too need support.

I work in healthcare during the day, and after I volunteer as a crisis counsellor. It's really tough sometimes.

I Read this post n felt sad earlier but smile knowing many are helping others through their life Where needed.

I work with youth professionally, it ain't tough, actually it's fantastic but sometimes come across or one of the youth confide in me what they are going through. So I try n help where I can. Heartbreaking and I take it home with me but they need to know people are there for them.

Respect to you all, hard to shut off sometimes.

Does working for solicitors count? I'm telling you they're a bunch of strict, uptight a**holes. Sooooo stressful and getting treated like shit doesn't help. I left the new job, which was another solicitors. Not putting myself through that again so on the job hunt, again! x

Dealing with the public has its moments and at the end of the week it's so nice to get away from it all but Sunday nights sleep does not come easy.

By *eeling hot hot hotCouple  over a year ago

North Ayrshire

[Removed by poster at 18/08/19 10:38:22]

Glasgow

"I Read this post n felt sad earlier but smile knowing many are helping others through their life Where needed.

I work with youth professionally, it ain't tough, actually it's fantastic but sometimes come across or one of the youth confide in me what they are going through. So I try n help where I can. Heartbreaking and I take it home with me but they need to know people are there for them.

Respect to you all, hard to shut off sometimes.

"

Very hard at times. I worked in a childrens home years ago which was so very sad. Makes you appreciate your own family more.

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

Having witnessed earlier this year the work carers and nurses do on a daily basis I have nothing but praise for them, to care for people, forming attachments albeit often short it must be so hard watching them go, a job I know I couldn’t do and just thankful for those that do, a heartfelt thank you to you, whoever you are x

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Having witnessed earlier this year the work carers and nurses do on a daily basis I have nothing but praise for them, to care for people, forming attachments albeit often short it must be so hard watching them go, a job I know I couldn’t do and just thankful for those that do, a heartfelt thank you to you, whoever you are x"

This.

It takes a special kind of person to do this kind of work. Respect to you all x

[Removed by poster at 18/08/19 11:32:16]

"Having witnessed earlier this year the work carers and nurses do on a daily basis I have nothing but praise for them, to care for people, forming attachments albeit often short it must be so hard watching them go, a job I know I couldn’t do and just thankful for those that do, a heartfelt thank you to you, whoever you are x"

You can be quite sweet when you try!

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

"Having witnessed earlier this year the work carers and nurses do on a daily basis I have nothing but praise for them, to care for people, forming attachments albeit often short it must be so hard watching them go, a job I know I couldn’t do and just thankful for those that do, a heartfelt thank you to you, whoever you are x

You can be quite sweet when you try! "

Shhh, don’t go telling everyone, I’ll be in demand lol

"Does working for solicitors count? I'm telling you they're a bunch of strict, uptight a**holes. Sooooo stressful and getting treated like shit doesn't help. I left the new job, which was another solicitors. Not putting myself through that again so on the job hunt, again! x"

Isnt that just working for the dark lord.lol

The toughest and most rewarding job I have ever had was installing medical equipment into terminally ill people's homes. In the end the lack of emotional support from the company caused me to move on.

Hats off to all those people doing difficult jobs with little or no thanks.

By *p for anything 123Man  over a year ago

Coatbridge

"Tough job at times but makes me appreciate what I have.

Also means a low tolerance level for those who moan like fuck when they don't know they're living."

"Does working for solicitors count? I'm telling you they're a bunch of strict, uptight a**holes. Sooooo stressful and getting treated like shit doesn't help. I left the new job, which was another solicitors. Not putting myself through that again so on the job hunt, again! x

Isnt that just working for the dark lord.lol"

Yeah the dark side! x

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"What do you do?

I care for people who are dying."

That is tough especially if you bond with the person no matter how long or short a time you know them. Having a life out of work is important so you can de-stress.

I’m about to qualify in a stressful career so now that my studies are almost finished I have joined a community choir and starting a dance class next week to give me something out of work to look forward to. I can’t sing in tune and have two left feet but I will have fun trying!!

Lanarkshire

"Does working for solicitors count? I'm telling you they're a bunch of strict, uptight a**holes. Sooooo stressful and getting treated like shit doesn't help. I left the new job, which was another solicitors. Not putting myself through that again so on the job hunt, again! x"

That’s a shame are you going to look for different type of work and keep away from those nasty solicitors!!

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

For me it's the people I work with that stress me out more....

In my previous two jobs...line managers were class A bellends-would micro manage everything. Never appreciated the times I arrived early and left late. One day I'm late and all hell breaks loose.....

Anyway, current boss is a dream, understanding and appreciating.

OP ..big hugs as that is a touch gig. We need more people like you x

"My job never gets easier. Professional enough to keep it together whilst on duty but human enough to shed many tears when i get home. Who else can relate to this?"

Same I work as a HCA and yeah I have cried a few times. But the way I see it when you get to the stage you no longer care enough to be affected by sad moments then it's time to move on to another place.

My job isn't tough, but can have its challenges.

My issue is the idiots I work with who don't know how to do their jobs, and get away with it.

I actually cried on Fri night because last Tues I was accused of bullying (those words weren't used, but that's what they were getting at) and then on Friday I was told I was very aggressive.

Anyone who knows me, knows I'm neither of those things, and I can't stand bullies.

And what did I do to deserve it? I called people out for not doing their job properly despite having been told the same thing over and over and over again. Oh and I never said please. WTF!!!!!!

So now I'll go in, do what I have to and leave. And I hope their next shits are hedgehogs

L x

By *hrillseekersJLCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Sometimes you have days when stuff just hits you hard. Usually for me it's when I have to deal with the kids of someone who has died..

It shows that you are still human when something touches you even when you are used to death and it's good to talk about it and also good to allow yourself to show emotion.

What you do helps people and that is always a good thing!

By *vanabeusedTV/TS  over a year ago

somewhere

Love what I do but it’s definitely harder than it was 30 years ago

By *aydenMan  over a year ago

Grangemouth

Wow some real special people on here well done OP and the rest of you respect x

I used to be in the Army, been shot at a few times , days without sleep but still kept focused on task, NBC sentry in Iraq was a tough emotional gig tears rolling down my eyes. Seeing the aftermath of young girls getting "tarred and feathered" in Belfast and much morexx

By *irth VaderMan  over a year ago

Kintore

"My job never gets easier. Professional enough to keep it together whilst on duty but human enough to shed many tears when i get home. Who else can relate to this?"

I have the utmost respect for people who care for terminally ill people. Those who cared for my dad were angels. I think you have to understand what your efforts mean to the families of these souls.

I am in sales and it is incredibly stressful due to increasing competition, a government determined to sink the country, and a consumer base who expect something for nothing. Oh and add that to employers who demand 10% growth every year.

"Does working for solicitors count? I'm telling you they're a bunch of strict, uptight a**holes. Sooooo stressful and getting treated like shit doesn't help. I left the new job, which was another solicitors. Not putting myself through that again so on the job hunt, again! x

That’s a shame are you going to look for different type of work and keep away from those nasty solicitors!! "

Yes I'm applying to lots of different places now. Oh you've no idea how nasty and horrible they are to work for. Last year I was on sick leave for three months because of them. I'm glad I was off as I wasn't going to put up with their shit, pardon the language, any longer. Glad I'm away now, onwards and upwards x

Glasgow

That’s a shame are you going to look for different type of work and keep away from those nasty solicitors!!

Yes I'm applying to lots of different places now. Oh you've no idea how nasty and horrible they are to work for. Last year I was on sick leave for three months because of them. I'm glad I was off as I wasn't going to put up with their shit, pardon the language, any longer. Glad I'm away now, onwards and upwards x"

I have had only 1day off in 15yrs and that was due to having tonsilitis last year. Im a warrior but get little thanks for it.

Lanarkshire

Yes I'm applying to lots of different places now. Oh you've no idea how nasty and horrible they are to work for. Last year I was on sick leave for three months because of them. I'm glad I was off as I wasn't going to put up with their shit, pardon the language, any longer. Glad I'm away now, onwards and upwards x"

Absolutely, nobody deserves to be treated like that. Hope you find something soon xx

Lanarkshire

Yes I'm applying to lots of different places now. Oh you've no idea how nasty and horrible they are to work for. Last year I was on sick leave for three months because of them. I'm glad I was off as I wasn't going to put up with their shit, pardon the language, any longer. Glad I'm away now, onwards and upwards x

I have had only 1day off in 15yrs and that was due to having tonsilitis last year. Im a warrior but get little thanks for it."

They just expect more from you the more you do.

By *eciltheboldMan  over a year ago

the land of neeps and haggis Perthish

Yip i get it

I have had only 1day off in 15yrs and that was due to having tonsilitis last year. Im a warrior but get little thanks for it.

They just expect more from you the more you do. "

Exactly! I was doing my own work and the work of three other admin staff and running myself ragged for three other departments, just because they said "I get things done". Line Manager didn't give a damn. They'll miss me now as there's only 6 admin left and it's their own fault x

Glasgow

Exactly! I was doing my own work and the work of three other admin staff and running myself ragged for three other departments, just because they said "I get things done". Line Manager didn't give a damn. They'll miss me now as there's only 6 admin left and it's their own fault x"

Most jobs are the same. Thats why i use Fab to unwind

Exactly! I was doing my own work and the work of three other admin staff and running myself ragged for three other departments, just because they said "I get things done". Line Manager didn't give a damn. They'll miss me now as there's only 6 admin left and it's their own fault x

Most jobs are the same. Thats why i use Fab to unwind "

Yes spending time with my friend is the best way to unwind and relax x

Same as you Bluebell, fab’s my escape. I work in residential care. Challenging but I love it.

Lots of caring souls on here... respect to you all. Takes folk who do jobs like ours to have special qualities (I believe), because let’s face it... we’re not in it for the salary...

But I wonder if your like me. Emotionally it’s draining. I feel I’m getting too old to come face to face with a young person (reflecting on a recent bloody hard shift) and the result from the challenge, me being mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted. Emotionally being the biggest. But, with an attachment I can’t walk away from them. It’s so hard!

On that note guys, I’m not well and feeling emotional. Long and short ha ha. Yes bluebell I can completely relate

Lots of tough jobs out there for different reasons.

Always good to have others to help when you bring home the stresses and aftermath home with you.

It's a bloody tough job, and you have to def have the skills to do it, which you will have. It is very emotionally and physically draining. I'm a mental health and sick kids nurse, and I've seen and supported so much stuff, some things so good, and others horrific.

But you know what, as long as you have real friends, around you who listen, and are there for you, then that's good.

Love my job too. But it's an ungrateful one. With very little thanks or recognition.

Milestones come and go. Terrible pay and conditions. Dangerous.

But there's nothing I'd rather do

By *bcums3Couple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

Totally know how you feel x (fem)

By *bcums3Couple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

"What do you do?

I admire and take my hat off to you an incredibly hard but also rewarding job and thankful for people like yourself who are there for others at the end x (fem)

By *arlosF2019Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Same its switching off after it thats the problem sometimes

glasgow

"What do you do?

glasgow

"What do you do?

I care for people who are dying.

That is tough especially if you bond with the person no matter how long or short a time you know them. Having a life out of work is important so you can de-stress.

I’m about to qualify in a stressful career so now that my studies are almost finished I have joined a community choir and starting a dance class next week to give me something out of work to look forward to. I can’t sing in tune and have two left feet but I will have fun trying!! "

2 left feet

By *agluvrMan  over a year ago

Airdrie

"What do you do?

I have the utmost respect for anyone who can provide terminal care to people. You’re an angel.

By *onzo999xxMan  over a year ago

fife

I have the best job in the world but it comes with some hard to deal with incidents, where I can talk about every job that has involved adults, I still well up trying to talk about 2 incidents where a 2 year old and a 9 month old died, even though they were both about 20 years ago, I knew the 2 year olds grandad, he asked me into his house to see two big canvas pics of his grandson he had up on his wall, beautiful wee boy, that was just as hard to experience.

"I have the best job in the world but it comes with some hard to deal with incidents, where I can talk about every job that has involved adults, I still well up trying to talk about 2 incidents where a 2 year old and a 9 month old died, even though they were both about 20 years ago, I knew the 2 year olds grandad, he asked me into his house to see two big canvas pics of his grandson he had up on his wall, beautiful wee boy, that was just as hard to experience. "

"I have the best job in the world but it comes with some hard to deal with incidents, where I can talk about every job that has involved adults, I still well up trying to talk about 2 incidents where a 2 year old and a 9 month old died, even though they were both about 20 years ago, I knew the 2 year olds grandad, he asked me into his house to see two big canvas pics of his grandson he had up on his wall, beautiful wee boy, that was just as hard to experience. "

I’ve a lot of friends in the emergency services and they say this also

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

Suspect health care but as cant message...

Know that feeling and am now one of those live life while you can brigade due to my work too.

By *kbull2000Man  over a year ago

Carluke

Fuck. Came on here feeling sorry for myself. Bad day at work and the car went 'bang' whilst travelling home.

But you lot have humbled me. Made me thankful for the job and life I have.

Thank you.

By *rwomble 56Man  over a year ago

Falkirk

Since I have become older and a lot of staff are about 30 years younger than me work seems to be more demanding or perhaps it's my age

Regardless anyone in the caring or health profession has my utmost respect when I saw the care of my father in law who passed away whilst in care at a hospice

» Add a new message to this topic