FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > block list

block list

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My block list must have around 170 profiles on it now:

mostly through repeated no shows, and guys who haven't apologized afterwards for not showing up

guys with multiple profiles looking for information,

guys asking me for drugs

guys i dont knows sending me messages asking me to send female friends of mine to their place now.

and just general rudeness.

I've no regrets on blocking anyone, and there is always new profiles that come onto the site, and I don't mind ing out non-serious profiles. Even a smaller web site with less profiles, but profiles that are genuine is good for me.

Curious: does anyone want to comment on their number of profiles blocked? Or any other view on blocking?

I am always very patient with everyone who messages me, but sometimes blocking is the only way to deal with time wasters etc.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

170 ? fucking hell, sorry for the language but i've been on n off here for 3 years now n not even corresponded with that amount never mind blocking. i have only ever blocked 2 to my knowledge.

can only imagine im now blocked lol

By *ex n MusicCouple  over a year ago

Perth

"My block list must have around 170 profiles on it now:

mostly through repeated no shows, and guys who haven't apologized afterwards for not showing up

guys asking me for drugs

guys i dont knows sending me messages asking me to send female friends of mine to their place now.

I've no regrets on blocking anyone, and there is always new profiles that come onto the site, and I don't mind ing out non-serious profiles. Even a smaller web site with less profiles, but profiles that are genuine is good for me.

Curious: does anyone want to comment on their number of profiles blocked? Or any other view on blocking?

I am always very patient with everyone who messages me, but sometimes blocking is the only way to deal with time wasters etc."

Is This Just a rant Or a question?

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

I have 3 on my block list. 2 who were pestering me in chat and 1 who I have had an issue with in RL.

i deal with setting up groups - which i love doing: gangbangs etc. so there's extra profiles and messages that contact me because of that. Plus, ive been on here for over a year now.

guys asking me for drugs

I am always very patient with everyone who messages me, but sometimes blocking is the only way to deal with time wasters etc.

Is This Just a rant Or a question? "

a question. im far too patient to have a rant

0 on perm block, just add the odd one now and again to stop them mailing. Leave them on for a couple of days till the forget.

By *uitar_antiheroMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I've never had to block anyone but I would if I felt I was being abused in some way. I have been blocked myself a couple of times, mostly it would appear for sending 2 messages without reply. Not for being abusive.

I understand the need for blocking for abuse or if you are contacting many people and need to root out the wasters.

Most recently I was blocked by someone I like, have met and get on with and I'm really not sure why. I guess I'll never find out. Such is the way of life.

"i deal with setting up groups - which i love doing: gangbangs etc. so there's extra profiles and messages that contact me because of that. Plus, ive been on here for over a year now. "

Everyone uses the features of Fab to their own system (whilst sticking to the rules). I can see exactly why bel_canto regularly uses his Block feature. It makes sense to Block folk who waste time, pester, etc so ya don't need to bother wasting time on em. If ya go to the trouble of organising events & get grief then I don't see why not block folk. He's using a feature for his benefit. We all do.

I use Fab'd Photos, winks, Hotlist & Saved Mails to a particular system. Some for folk I know, like, or have Met.

That's what features are for - ya use em the way ya want to.

By *z ThongzWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

The block is a tool like any other to be used as the user sees fit , nothing wrong with having one or a thousand and one or yer block list as long as u know why its up to the individual.

I have more on block than I do on my friends list. Sometimes one crude message is enough to make me block them other times it's constant messages and I just get fed up....Alot of guys don't seem to think that no means no lol. I think it's a great tool and one very needed on fab. xx

I have over 250 on mine.

Mainly due to people not reading my profile.

'if you wink you get blocked', and 'if you send a friends invite without chatting you get blocked'

I follow through on these. Then i get rudeness, and people directing me on top of that.

"I have over 250 on mine.

Mainly due to people not reading my profile.

'if you wink you get blocked', and 'if you send a friends invite without chatting you get blocked'

I follow through on these. Then i get rudeness, and people directing me on top of that."

250 - good on you! I'm sure I'll catch up with you soon. I did start off hardly blocking anything, but it's such a good thing to have, a blocker. x

By *ex n MusicCouple  over a year ago

Perth

guys asking me for drugs

Is This Just a rant Or a question?

a question. im far too patient to have a rant"

Lol...Cool yeah we have 1 on block for saying he was talking as his partner and wasnt her....not a good idea!!!...

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Block button is one of the best functions on here just a shame it doesnt block the same people out when using the forums tho lol

"Block button is one of the best functions on here just a shame it doesnt block the same people out when using the forums tho lol "

Just do what i do, ignore and don't bother reading their post or even better laugh and think how silly they are

"Block button is one of the best functions on here just a shame it doesnt block the same people out when using the forums tho lol

Just do what i do, ignore and don't bother reading their post or even better laugh and think how silly they are "

yeah i do laugh at how silly they are but sometimes id prefer no see what they have to say at all

[Removed by poster at 18/03/12 19:00:00]

"Block button is one of the best functions on here just a shame it doesnt block the same people out when using the forums tho lol

Just do what i do, ignore and don't bother reading their post or even better laugh and think how silly they are

yeah i do laugh at how silly they are but sometimes id prefer no see what they have to say at all "

hehe, love it!

By *nTCouple  over a year ago

funland

been on the site for 5 years i think and our block list is in single figures. we block the ones that refuse to take no for an answer

but as others have sais folk should use it as they see fit

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"been on the site for 5 years i think and our block list is in single figures. we block the ones that refuse to take no for an answer

but as others have sais folk should use it as they see fit"

5 years as well and currently only 1 on block

I have about 90 people on my block list. Mostly guys who just won't take no for an answer but there are also some in there who are simply rude, arrogant and abusive dickheads. I report those types to admin but nothing seems to happen to them, so I block them.

"I have about 90 people on my block list. Mostly guys who just won't take no for an answer but there are also some in there who are simply rude, arrogant and abusive dickheads. I report those types to admin but nothing seems to happen to them, so I block them. "

Good for you! I probably wouldn't have so many on my block list if it was a single guys profile, but because I organize groups and gangbangs I might have a lot more contact and mail if my profile was single.

It's good to hear that woman are blocking guys, because you shouldn't have to put up with any nonsense, x

Ohhhh I just Lurv the block button, , My list is huge !!!! lol, x L

By *over-manMan  over a year ago

motherwell

av only block one stalker

tbh i only block those who are constantly mailing me after me telling them sorry not interested or if they aint turned up etc,or just some down right cheeky ppl that mail me leaving me going wtf. i had to lower my age range aswell to get rid of some folk too,I hate the fact i put on my pro that if folk request my friendship before speaking to me etc then i will reject the request straight away,but yet they still request me b4 hand grrrr.some ppl clearly cant read :/

repeat lookers,mainly males...and if i'm blocked by someone i block back....maybe unblock when i can be arsed lol

By *adgeeMan  over a year ago

Richmond Park

"My block list must have around 170 profiles on it now "

Did you sit and count them?

"My block list must have around 170 profiles on it now

Did you sit and count them? "

ive not sat down and counted 170, but i started with a smaller number and because i usually block profiles almost daily, its easier to add up. around 170 now. next week it might be 175+. 170+5.

thanks for asking sweetheart! x

By *ewels74Woman  over a year ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

Has no one on her block list just cause im too nice to block people

Midlothian

"Has no one on her block list just cause im too nice to block people "

Give it time Jewels, you only joined 3 months ago lol

this is swinging people ,its simple you can block males ,female and couples from sending you mail ,easy done ..

The Block button does get a lot of action on my profile. Sadly it does tend to be single 'straight' guys looking to meet.

I think a bit of courtesy goes a long way and those who are just blatantly rude or ignorant deserve to be blocked!

Although I have in the past been blocked for not including a codeword on a profile that was longer than Mein Kampf (and I really did read it just must have dozed off and missed the 'secret password').

I think in Bel Canto's line of work he deserves a medal for dealing with the amount of timewasters and his hard work arranging group fun for couples and single fems. Shame to the guys on the blocklist... their loss!

"The Block button does get a lot of action on my profile. Sadly it does tend to be single 'straight' guys looking to meet.

I think a bit of courtesy goes a long way and those who are just blatantly rude or ignorant deserve to be blocked!

Although I have in the past been blocked for not including a codeword on a profile that was longer than Mein Kampf (and I really did read it just must have dozed off and missed the 'secret password').

I think in Bel Canto's line of work he deserves a medal for dealing with the amount of timewasters and his hard work arranging group fun for couples and single fems. Shame to the guys on the blocklist... their loss!"

thanks for that!

i have about 90 on my list, those that pester, those that won't take no for an answer, those that 'view' and don't even say hi (we know what they r doing) and those that are plain cheeky.. oh and those that just get on me tits for no reason lol

Midlothian

" those that just get on me tits for no reason lol "

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

I have 3 on mine. 1 for each year I have been on fab

"I have 3 on mine. 1 for each year I have been on fab "

Wendy im only one behind you

update: since I made this posting, I've blocked another 80 profiles, which brings my block list up to about 250, lol. (wish at times I had started blocking sooner, I'd thoroughly recommend it!)

250, all justified if you consider some of the messages and requests I get!

Anyone else have any updates?

Auch mine grows everyday Tony some leave and come back but doesnt take to long to find them and block again ...ohhhh the good old block button to the rescue again

"Auch mine grows everyday Tony some leave and come back but doesnt take to long to find them and block again ...ohhhh the good old block button to the rescue again "

Well done to you! Be good to meet up sometime and compare notes! maybe then something good will have come out of all these strange messages, lol x

By *ewels74Woman  over a year ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

Well im still at 0 lol but almost tempted at times but i dont....

Midlothian

The 1 that was on an admin block has deleted and joined as a couple so proud to say i have 0

That could change of course at any time

We were about to leave Fab due to people constantly pestering us and not reading our profile until the idea of blocking profiles was suggested to us. We use the message filters to restrict who can contact us and if others have not read our profile in its entirity then we block them....easy. We get no satisfaction of doing so but it has become a neccessity. It is easy to tell who does not read profiles.

"We were about to leave Fab due to people constantly pestering us and not reading our profile until the idea of blocking profiles was suggested to us. We use the message filters to restrict who can contact us and if others have not read our profile in its entirity then we block them....easy. We get no satisfaction of doing so but it has become a neccessity. It is easy to tell who does not read profiles."

Bliss! I couldn't have put it better myself, x

Weird as I can't see the point in bragging how many folk youv blocked? What's the point in that?fair enuff if youv blocked them for a reason but do we really need an update on the numbers everytime??

"Weird as I can't see the point in bragging how many folk youv blocked? What's the point in that?fair enuff if youv blocked them for a reason but do we really need an update on the numbers everytime??"

Before making a comment on my forum, it would be helpful if you were to read, and understand, my original forum post, to see the point of it, please. I hardly think making 2 comments on a block list, 6 weeks apart, is 'every time' and it is far from bragging.

I would appreciate if you kindly do not use the word 'weird' with any reference to me or my posting.

Simple really: if you do not like posting, there is no need to finish reading it or make a comment.

Weird...here's me thinking this is an open forum?and as for your post more or less everytime you post or chat in the room you mention your block list.again I just find it strange why you feel the need to tell everyone how many you have on your block list?

"Weird...here's me thinking this is an open forum?and as for your post more or less everytime you post or chat in the room you mention your block list.again I just find it strange why you feel the need to tell everyone how many you have on your block list?"

You are very mistaken. I am fully aware of my own posting and what I have said and what I have not said. It's obvious that you haven't understood my original posting, or any of my other postings.

I know this is an open forum, but does it give anyone the right not to offer deconstructive criticism?

I asked you not to use the word 'weird' and you have done it again. Similarly, as this is an open forum and if you use the word 'weird' to describe someone, maybe you will not mind if someone uses derogatory words in future to describe you.

However, I can see how much more skilled about using derogatory language than I am, so in order not to get into a slanging match, being a well mannered gentlemen I'll not match you word for word or use the word 'weird' that you used to describe me, twice.

I do forgive you, as I would anyone else, who might have 'special needs'.

oh i can feel a block comming on eh? Lol. I was only asking a fair question which you havnt answerd? Anytime i have saw your posts or saw you in the chatroom you have commented on your block list.you started the post about your list and i was just asking a question? Shimples... Bit like me ehe lol.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

This thread has turned wierd!

looks in and walks away lol.....

"This thread has turned wierd! "

Perhaps, it happens if people become borderline abusive and cannot offer constructive comments or disagree with a point while still having some decorum.

"This thread has turned wierd! "
offs...dont use the word weird! Lol.

"This thread has turned wierd!

Perhaps, it happens if people become borderline abusive and cannot offer constructive comments or disagree with a point while still having some decorum. "

sorry i have never been abusive in my life. You clearly are making this personal as at no time did i EVER call you weird? I merly stated i found the need to brag about blocking weird? Gosh thats alot of weirds ehe?

Tayside

"This thread has turned wierd!

Perhaps, it happens if people become borderline abusive and cannot offer constructive comments or disagree with a point while still having some decorum. "

Aye and saying someone might have "special needs" won't help get it back on track either!

but bb...i am speshal lol.x

I've got 11 on block currently but that changes, only ever had a couple permanent ones in over 4 years here.

Tayside

"but bb...i am speshal lol.x "

Me too x

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Might be time to say The End on this one.