FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Military

Military

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I currently serve as a member of the armed forces, just curious what everyone's opinions are of the armed forces and of people who serve in it

Thanks

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldn't ever shag someone who was in the forces

"I wouldn't ever shag someone who was in the forces"

Why not?

"I wouldn't ever shag someone who was in the forces

Why not?"

Because I don't want to

By *ullpa72Man  over a year ago

Isle of Arran

I served in my younger years ,and one of my son's joins in march . respect to all those people who serve and protect our country and way of life .

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

Happy mammmaries of a wonderfully gifted Army nurse a few years back!

There like vegans, they soon tell you they are military.

Which make me assume they think it gives them some sort of entitlement.

We don’t have conscription so you chose your job just like anyone else on here and I don’t really care what that is either.

We've reached this ridiculous situation of American of quasi-hero worship of the Forces. If you are cynical you can tie it in with unpopularity of the second Gulf War. By creating this aura around the forces, you couldn't make criticism with out sounding as though you weren't 'backing our boys'.

Like all walks of life - there are good folk and there are cretins. Classifying everyone as a hero is bullshit.

This isn't the mass conscript and volunteer military of WW1 & WW2. Even Northern Ireland isn't what it was (thankfully). Folk signing up nowadays for a 3 year tour doesn't necessarily mean they should be hero worship.

It's very often guys with not much else about them that use it as their USP

Why not?

Because I don't want to "

Ahhhhh....thanks for clarifying

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"There like vegans, they soon tell you they are military.

We don’t have conscription so you chose your job just like anyone else on here and I don’t really care what that is either. "

only the young dumb and full of cum try to use it as a gies a shag line the majority of armed forces don't draw attention to it

We don’t have conscription so you chose your job just like anyone else on here and I don’t really care what that is either. only the young dumb and full of cum try to use it as a gies a shag line the majority of armed forces don't draw attention to it "

Many older guys on here present themselves that way

My hubby served in the navy for over 20 years.

Not that has anything to do with anything to anyone else, but I'm a proud mrs, just saying.

Your welcome

By *attooed gentMan  over a year ago

anywhere everywhere

"I currently serve as a member of the armed forces, just curious what everyone's opinions are of the armed forces and of people who serve in it

Thanks "

Served in my younger years was in the cadets then moved onto army once I turned of age did my 3years and left wish I had off stayed on but family life toke over.

Got respect for anyone who serves or is still serving.

By *ibblingnewtWoman  over a year ago

by the sea

I love anyone who that’s doing a dedicated profession especially that’s is to protect people of the country, I also like people that are physically fit and mentally strong.

What I don’t like is the guys that use the military link to attract, it’s very unlikely you would ever see a guy in his military clothes or with a gun but they do seem to put photos up like that, do you get a nurse posting photos of her in her work wear?

Better to be an original version of yourself not a stereotype to impress

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"We've reached this ridiculous situation of American of quasi-hero worship of the Forces. If you are cynical you can tie it in with unpopularity of the second Gulf War. By creating this aura around the forces, you couldn't make criticism with out sounding as though you weren't 'backing our boys'.

Like all walks of life - there are good folk and there are cretins. Classifying everyone as a hero is bullshit.

This isn't the mass conscript and volunteer military of WW1 & WW2. Even Northern Ireland isn't what it was (thankfully). Folk signing up nowadays for a 3 year tour doesn't necessarily mean they should be hero worship. "

Unfortunatley this is in my book correct.

Yup I’ve had all ages use it in first message!

"We've reached this ridiculous situation of American of quasi-hero worship of the Forces. If you are cynical you can tie it in with unpopularity of the second Gulf War. By creating this aura around the forces, you couldn't make criticism with out sounding as though you weren't 'backing our boys'.

This isn't the mass conscript and volunteer military of WW1 & WW2. Even Northern Ireland isn't what it was (thankfully). Folk signing up nowadays for a 3 year tour doesn't necessarily mean they should be hero worship.

Unfortunatley this is in my book correct."

Mine too

By *elaxedcplCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Mostly mugs who put their life on the line to do the behest of the wealthy people who play political games with theirs and others lifes. The sadest part is they buy into this "nobile" nonsense, doing their bit for their country - the country you were born in is a random act of fate, go ahead and defend randomness and make some rich fucks more wealthy or powerful.

Mugs.

By *oingdown2Man  over a year ago

angus

Can't beat a fit guy in fatigues. Lots of them don't seem to have any inhibitions either. Win win.

Poor guy only wants a shag

I wouldn't meet soldiers have my reasons why

"It's very often guys with not much else about them that use it as their USP"

Hahahahah get a grip

[Removed by poster at 20/09/19 10:46:16]

[Removed by poster at 20/09/19 10:49:36]

The amount of people triggered by this is brilliant

"The amount of people triggered by this is brilliant "

No pun intended.

Standard response of someone who’s hopes to be fawned over failed.

Glasgow

"The amount of people triggered by this is brilliant "

Triggered...decent pun. Why did you delete your other posts?

Being an ex serviceman it is something am very proud of the years of service I have given, but am sure it is the same for anyone in any job, defently not a point I would push on here, or in any situation as am sure a nurse or doctor etc would not either, I would belive the ones that push the point may not have even served ( walts) and think it is a way to enhance their chances. This sort of place is about the person and the conetctions made not what you do or have done!!!

"Being an ex serviceman it is something am very proud of the years of service I have given, but am sure it is the same for anyone in any job, defently not a point I would push on here, or in any situation as am sure a nurse or doctor etc would not either, I would belive the ones that push the point may not have even served ( walts) and think it is a way to enhance their chances. This sort of place is about the person and the conetctions made not what you do or have done!!! "

Well said

By *rixi DevineWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

just to add my little offering of an opinion here....

(previous threads similar to this one have my thoughts on this subject too... but, im wading in again haha)

i very rarely meet anyone from here, especially in recent times.

but, when i first joined fab, i did occassionally make the effort to make some friends

without a doubt, the friends i had then, are hugely part of the reasons i dont meet anyone now.

in my opinion, military men are a whole different class above other men

absolutely the best company to spend time with.

alpha type men that are still respectful, great fun to be around, non arrogent, stuck up or judgemental, know how to treat a woman before you reach the bedroom & after you've left it.

whats not to LOVE?!

By *cotsbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

Not entering into the whole debate here but worth pointing out to any serving personal posting on swinging sites etc that servicemen have been charged under Section 23 of the Armed Forces Act 2006, as well as Section 19 for doing so...might not want to advertise the fact you're a squaddie even if it does bring you some ladies

"Happy mammmaries of a wonderfully gifted Army nurse a few years back! "

I am ex QARANC hmmmmm when was that exactly heheheh

Dundee

should have said before, this isnt an open invitation for any guy thats ever worn any uniform to message me assuming im up for randomly fucking you all lol

i am not!!

just to clarify this one, it was the men i was attracted to.

the self-confidence & charm turned me on!

(not that im bitter or anything haha but i didnt get the pleasure of a personal veiwing of the 'man in uniform'... sighs)

i cannot stand people who act like they are better than everyone else & have an arrogance about them. there's nothing more off putting than a guy that constantly boasts about his job or looks.

ive only ever encountered anything like that from non-military men!

i have been so privileged with the friends i made but, they have never made me feel as tho i was lucky to meet them.

"I currently serve as a member of the armed forces, just curious what everyone's opinions are of the armed forces and of people who serve in it

Thanks "

Anyone putting their life on the line to defend mine (military/police/fire) gets my respect.

But there’s a mix bag of ex-military at one end you get the young bucks that signed up for a few years and came out thinking they’re gods, at the opposite end there’s the mid-50’s ones that like to rub it in your face that they done their bit; but somewhere in the middle there’s the ones that have served some their time and are proud of their accomplishment and don’t bang on about it these are the ones I have the biggest respect for.

The yanks p!ss me off with the amount of early/mid-30’s “vets” that like to be thanked for their service ‘yeah we’ll done you managed 10 years in a job’

"Not entering into the whole debate here but worth pointing out to any serving personal posting on swinging sites etc that servicemen have been charged under Section 23 of the Armed Forces Act 2006, as well as Section 19 for doing so...might not want to advertise the fact you're a squaddie even if it does bring you some ladies"

My thoughts too ...especially on an open public forum with a gleaming face pic avatar..Thats if your profiles genuine

By *hedevilwearspradaWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

There’s plenty of other occupations that use it as a chat up line too - not just military. I’ve had messages from coppers, nurses, medics, and firebobbies that have very early on told me their occupation and offered to show me their handcuffs/bedside manner/large hose....

I’m a fan of a man or woman in uniform, but it’s not a deal maker or deal breaker

"I’ve had messages from coppers, nurses, medics, and firebobbies that have very early on told me their occupation and offered to show me their handcuffs/bedside manner/large hose....

"

"Awrite darlin'? Do you fancy an acturial calculation on your defined benefit pension transfer value?"

Met a marine years ago...worst shag Iv had lol

"Met a marine years ago...worst shag Iv had lol "

"I’ve had messages from coppers, nurses, medics, and firebobbies that have very early on told me their occupation and offered to show me their handcuffs/bedside manner/large hose....

"Awrite darlin'? Do you fancy an acturial calculation on your defined benefit pension transfer value?" "

That’ll have them flocking to you

"Awrite darlin'? Do you fancy an acturial calculation on your defined benefit pension transfer value?" "

I'm moist

By *hedevilwearspradaWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

The most erotic thing I’ve ever read on Fab

"just to add my little offering of an opinion here....

(previous threads similar to this one have my thoughts on this subject too... but, im wading in again haha)

i very rarely meet anyone from here, especially in recent times.

but, when i first joined fab, i did occassionally make the effort to make some friends

without a doubt, the friends i had then, are hugely part of the reasons i dont meet anyone now.

in my opinion, military men are a whole different class above other men

absolutely the best company to spend time with.

alpha type men that are still respectful, great fun to be around, non arrogent, stuck up or judgemental, know how to treat a woman before you reach the bedroom & after you've left it.

whats not to LOVE?!

"

I totally agree. Most of my lovers have been military men and the damn best, in terms of explorative filth, intelligence and respect. I've anarchist politics and open about it. Throw in colonialism and family in the forces then it's a heady mix. People join for all sorts of reasons.

I absolutely adore them.

coatbridge

We don’t have conscription so you chose your job just like anyone else on here and I don’t really care what that is either. only the young dumb and full of cum try to use it as a gies a shag line the majority of armed forces don't draw attention to it

Many older guys on here present themselves that way"

that's old dumb n desperate

Wow! It’s often an eye opener what sparks a ‘discussion’ in the forums. Such sweeping generalisation. Many uniformed personnel may use their career as a selling point; being as so many profiles and status updates on this site seek this. Doesn’t for one second make them all the same. Everyone is individual and should be treated as such surely. There are good and bad in every single walk of life.

My old dad is an ex soldier, 30 years serving and a finer man you couldn’t meet. I just sincerely hope he’s not on here suggesting you lovely ladies come and look at his medals

Joking aside. Sometimes a uniform can help with a wee bit of confidence x

A real mixed bag indeed lol.

I'm currently serving and have done for 19 years. Never once mentioned unless I'm asked what I do for a living. When asked "What are you up to today" chances are the answer is "just at work".

I do know there are people who use it to attract women, and that's because there are women attracted to soldiers/uniform.

Tarring us all with the same brush is very short sighted.

I know some brilliant guys. I also know plenty of bellends in my job.

The same as any job.

But to have a go at their reasons for doing the job is out of order.

A lot of wannabe politicians who reckon they're better than us on here.

I've never chosen a partner based on their job, political or religious stance.

Always chosen by whether they're a nice person or not..... how old fashioned of me!

Enjoy your Sunday folks.

"A real mixed bag indeed lol.

I'm currently serving and have done for 19 years. Never once mentioned unless I'm asked what I do for a living. When asked "What are you up to today" chances are the answer is "just at work".

I do know there are people who use it to attract women, and that's because there are women attracted to soldiers/uniform.

The same as any job.

Always chosen by whether they're a nice person or not..... how old fashioned of me!

Enjoy your Sunday folks."

"Mostly mugs who put their life on the line to do the behest of the wealthy people who play political games with theirs and others lifes. The sadest part is they buy into this "nobile" nonsense, doing their bit for their country - the country you were born in is a random act of fate, go ahead and defend randomness and make some rich fucks more wealthy or powerful.

Mugs."

Mugs who fight for your right and freedom to post such drivel.

"Mostly mugs who put their life on the line to do the behest of the wealthy people who play political games with theirs and others lifes. The sadest part is they buy into this "nobile" nonsense, doing their bit for their country - the country you were born in is a random act of fate, go ahead and defend randomness and make some rich fucks more wealthy or powerful.

Mugs.

Mugs who fight for your right and freedom to post such drivel. "

What war did the military fight to enable forum posting?

Mugs.

What war did the military fight to enable forum posting?"

Just that little thing called free speech.

coatbridge

Mugs.

What war did the military fight to enable forum posting?"

I'd say in reply most join not for the noble reasons you think but more to put food on the table for their loved ones and to make their life better. This country has even less work available now and for a lot of young folk it's a means to live perhaps even better themselves with a free means of getting a trade.

This from someone who doesn't really agree with how our armed forces system works

Mugs.

"

You're talking nonsense now

coatbridge

Mugs.

"

free speech is something that is not allowed in this country we pretend it is but when you are able to be arrested and charged for speech it's not free

Mugs.

free speech is something that is not allowed in this country we pretend it is but when you are able to be arrested and charged for speech it's not free"

And there was me thinking we could have a grown up conversation.

Free speech does exist. I've never been arrested for giving my honest opinion. And I'm willing to bet none of you have either.

And I believe it's nonsense to try to associate a war being fought and posting in a forum.

Just saying.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Mugs.

free speech is something that is not allowed in this country we pretend it is but when you are able to be arrested and charged for speech it's not free"

Free speech is allowed, hate speech is quite rightly banned. Two completely different forms of speech

Mugs.

free speech is something that is not allowed in this country we pretend it is but when you are able to be arrested and charged for speech it's not free

Free speech does exist. I've never been arrested for giving my honest opinion. And I'm willing to bet none of you have either.

And I believe it's nonsense to try to associate a war being fought and posting in a forum.

Just saying."

It was you trying to assert that

Just saying

coatbridge

Mugs.

Just saying."

so your saying you don't know about folk being arrested for having far right or far left views or racial opinions ?

I bet you do its nearly that you agree with the restrictions being enforced.

When a body has the ability to restrict even abhorrent views it's no longer free speech

Mugs.

Just saying.

It was you trying to assert that

Just saying "

I guess we'll agree to disagree.

The joys of being adults

Mugs.

Just saying.so your saying you don't know about folk being arrested for having far right or far left views or racial opinions ?

When a body has the ability to restrict even abhorrent views it's no longer free speech "

Jesus, quite a jump from squaddies looking for a shag to practically living in North Korea.

Put down the crack pipe and enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Peace out mofos

coatbridge

Mugs.

Free speech is allowed, hate speech is quite rightly banned. Two completely different forms of speech "

no speech is speech restricting speech pushes it underground talking about it gives an opportunity to educate and change

Glasgow

Mugs.

Mugs who fight for your right and freedom to post such drivel. "

Ok, I'll bite, which part of what I posted is drivel?

And the thought that some random mug who signed up to out their health in danger so I can post on an anonymous forum is hilarious!

Mugs.

And the thought that some random mug who signed up to out their health in danger so I can post on an anonymous forum is hilarious! "

That you've lumped all soldiers together is the drivel part.

And at the behest of the wealthy who the people of the country voted in. Amazing how democracy works.

And you've missed the point of the free speech thing again.

But keep fighting the establishment guys.... I'm sure they read "anonymous forums".

Fishing rod is away for the day.

At ease soldier

Erm...I never voted for this government

coatbridge

And there was me thinking it was attention ya craved

By *eggyLeahCDTV/TS  over a year ago

liverpool

I respect the men and women that put their lives on the line...but despise the warmongers who use them as pawns for their own financial or political gains

Thanks "

Bet you’re glad your first post in the forums was so well received. It’s a tough gig so stick in there

"Awrite darlin'? Do you fancy an acturial calculation on your defined benefit pension transfer value?"

I'm moist "

Incontinence doesn't count!

Glasgow

Mugs.

And the thought that some random mug who signed up to out their health in danger so I can post on an anonymous forum is hilarious!

And at the behest of the wealthy who the people of the country voted in. Amazing how democracy works.

But keep fighting the establishment guys.... I'm sure they read "anonymous forums".

Fishing rod is away for the day."

Did you miss my original post where I said "mostly"? There are some wealthy and career minded folk who do well out of a military career, the rest are mugs for volunteering to be political pawns and cannon fodder.

I didn't vote for this government and nobody outwith the Tory party voted Johnson. Democracy? You really that naive?

By *ommickMan  over a year ago

ayr

We don’t have conscription so you chose your job just like anyone else on here and I don’t really care what that is either. "

well said

Thanks "

I think it's a great job you all do and yes, you all chose to do it as mentioned.....I for one am grateful that you did,

I have every admiration for anyone who does certain jobs, such as our emergency service workers and our armed forces. However society does need everyone and people should always be valued whatever they do. In regard to your profile OP, as said above I think some employers do frown on employees being on here so openly and you may want to consider that... just a thought - happy fabbing

I get a lot of messages saying “do you like military guys” . To me that’s like saying “ do I like guys with dark hair?”

It all depends the guy. It would worry me if the guys biggest selling point was that he was in the military lol

By *unCpl1003Couple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Worked in a Army Camp 97% off them are absolute idiots 3% are ok

And the battalion I worked with for whatever were all shagging each other (true story) and doing also true

By *unCpl1003Couple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Doing Coke*

I admit to having a soft spot for those in the forces I have my reasons why

A few of my fantasies involve them

[Removed by poster at 24/09/19 00:44:55]

Thanks

I think it's a great job you all do and yes, you all chose to do it as mentioned.....I for one am grateful that you did, "

I'm honoured

There is a military category in hot pics. Best category by far!!

By *intysucksdickMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

Thanks "

I’ve sucked a few soldiers on my time like to keep the lads happy while there keeping me safe .

By *ornymilf40Woman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Love to meet a bunch of Military guys rather than just one

"Worked in a Army Camp 97% off them are absolute idiots 3% are ok

And the battalion I worked with for whatever were all shagging each other (true story) and doing also true"

I just love hearing all the sex stories, especially the Navy ones makes you see it all in a whole new light. It's true that the uniform is only part of the picture. Who is in it counts first and foremost, obviously.

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

Army surplus store & a awesome rifle is what many try to fool ya with.

Defo just a pick up line for most

By *hickinthewarmMan  over a year ago

Fife

"Mostly mugs who put their life on the line to do the behest of the wealthy people who play political games"

I thought I could buy my tongue here, but I can’t.

Who in the name of ever-loving fuck are you, and what do you know about the kind of person joins the military? Because it seems to me, that you have no clue. Let me educate you slightly.....

Your average soldier is a young teenage male, between 17 and 19, sometimes with a questionable upbringing, and very probably, a minimum standard of education, They join up, not for some heroic vision of ”saving the world” or that of ”protecting their country”, but because they most likely would have a hard time finding employment elsewhere. Simple financial gain, it makes the world go round.

The majority of them will do their 4 year contractual obligation, and leave. Those that excel in those 4 years will generally stay and attempt to climb the ladder.

We swear to carry out the wishes of the government of the day, that’s sort of a given. Sometimes that means we go to some rather unpleasant places, and make certain people die, but more often than not you’ll find the military used as aid to the civil authorities, flood assistance, covering fireman strikes, delivering fuel supplies around the country and to name but a few. We are the back-up plan for anything that goes wrong in the UK. “Let’s get The Army in, they will sort this out” is all to often heard echoing around Westminster.

Now, I’m not saying that every decision made regarding use of the UKs military power has been correct (I’m looking at you OP TELIC) some politicians are absolute reprobates, and shouldn’t be left in charge of a snack van, much less a military. But what I do know is that without our recent intervention in Iraq, IS would still have been running riot in that region of the world, and surely that’s not a bad thing?

I absolutely love being on deployment, I love the adrenaline rush of knowing that someone is trying to kill you, it literally is better than sex, like seriously. (Does that make me weird?) But let’s get one thing straight, I don’t continue to do so because it’s what the government wants, or because I feel I’m helping to ensure our security back in the UK or some bollocks. I do it for myself plain and simple, and for the men there with me. If anyone’s lives are improved even the slightest bit by my being there, well that’s a nice Brucey bonus isn’t it.

Please don’t make such sweeping generalizations about a group of people you clearly have had little engagement with.

"I admit to having a soft spot for those in the forces I have my reasons why

A few of my fantasies involve them "

I’m with you on that

coatbridge

"Army surplus store & a awesome rifle is what many try to fool ya with.

Defo just a pick up line for most "

seen a good few with patches on wrong and rank is in wrong places also

Any woman out there who likes a man in uniform.

Give me a shout..

I've got a Spiderman outfit and i promise i wont drive ya up the wall.

Just sayin

By *obertELeeMan  over a year ago

Montrose

"I served in my younger years ,and one of my son's joins in march . respect to all those people who serve and protect our country and way of life ."

Protect our country your having a laugh.Take your head out of the sand and smell the coffee.

"Mostly mugs who put their life on the line to do the behest of the wealthy people who play political games

Who in the name of ever-loving fuck are you, and what do you know about the kind of person joins the military? Because it seems to me, that you have no clue. Let me educate you slightly.....

Your average soldier is a young teenage male, between 17 and 19, sometimes with a questionable upbringing, and very probably, a minimum standard of education, They join up, not for some heroic vision of ”saving the world” or that of ”protecting their country”, but because they most likely would have a hard time finding employment elsewhere. Simple financial gain, it makes the world go round.

The majority of them will do their 4 year contractual obligation, and leave. Those that excel in those 4 years will generally stay and attempt to climb the ladder.

We swear to carry out the wishes of the government of the day, that’s sort of a given. Sometimes that means we go to some rather unpleasant places, and make certain people die, but more often than not you’ll find the military used as aid to the civil authorities, flood assistance, covering fireman strikes, delivering fuel supplies around the country and to name but a few. We are the back-up plan for anything that goes wrong in the UK. “Let’s get The Army in, they will sort this out” is all to often heard echoing around Westminster.

Now, I’m not saying that every decision made regarding use of the UKs military power has been correct (I’m looking at you OP TELIC) some politicians are absolute reprobates, and shouldn’t be left in charge of a snack van, much less a military. But what I do know is that without our recent intervention in Iraq, IS would still have been running riot in that region of the world, and surely that’s not a bad thing?

I absolutely love being on deployment, I love the adrenaline rush of knowing that someone is trying to kill you, it literally is better than sex, like seriously. (Does that make me weird?) But let’s get one thing straight, I don’t continue to do so because it’s what the government wants, or because I feel I’m helping to ensure our security back in the UK or some bollocks. I do it for myself plain and simple, and for the men there with me. If anyone’s lives are improved even the slightest bit by my being there, well that’s a nice Brucey bonus isn’t it.

Please don’t make such sweeping generalizations about a group of people you clearly have had little engagement with.

"

Brilliant reply mate

By *ill dance for wineMan  over a year ago

Balloch

I served my time as a technician in the RAF, always look back and remember the good times and absolute shady stuff we got up to.

"Mostly mugs who put their life on the line to do the behest of the wealthy people who play political games

"

By *onzo999xxMan  over a year ago

fife

"

FYI let's not forget the girls, so it's firefighter and it'll be, the men and women you serve with, you're welcome

"Army surplus store & a awesome rifle is what many try to fool ya with.

Defo just a pick up line for most "

All my lovers send pictures of them on deployment, without asking I might add. Walters soon give themselves up.

Glasgow

"

My you're intellectually challenged.

I have friends and family whi have been involved in the military and they know my thoughts and we enjoy the debate. You're bang on, some chose this "career" because they were limited in choice. Some remained and claimed the career ladder, one even manager sergeant after 24 years - thick bastard it has to be said. One is an army surgeon and managed to become a major, woohoo!

Iraq was a political lie. People were killed and that doesn't rest well with me but even worse, people were killed in the name of rich and powerful people flexing their political muscles.

You go ahead and get your adrenaline rush at the thought of ending lives in the name of....erm...nothing really. Trained psychopaths don't do much for me other than make me feel sick.

Love not kill.

[Removed by poster at 29/09/19 08:49:42]

I have friends and family whi have been involved in the military and they know my thoughts and we enjoy the debate. You're bang on, some chose this "career" because they were limited in choice. Some remained and claimed the career ladder, one even manager sergeant after 24 years - thick bastard it has to be said. One is an army surgeon and managed to become a major, woohoo!

Iraq was a political lie. People were killed and that doesn't rest well with me but even worse, people were killed in the name of rich and powerful people flexing their political muscles.

You go ahead and get your adrenaline rush at the thought of ending lives in the name of....erm...nothing really. Trained psychopaths don't do much for me other than make me feel sick.

Love not kill."

You're totally right, disband the military, have no defence, because the world is a beautiful peace loving place where everyone is friendly and huggy.

I was in the army. Signed on for 3 years but ended up doing just over 22. Its a job which suits some but most get out as soon as they can. I have a decent brain so promotion came easy. During the later years I found that 50% of the young lads joined up because they thought it was cool. They soon found out that tabbing for miles with kit while it was lashing down was far from cool. As i said most left as soon as their contract had finished.

It's just a job. I have only the one photo on display and it is me with a mate who is no longer here.

Yes I have some good memories but like my medals they are in a box in the back of a drawer.

Proud to of served but when youngsters ask about it I always say think hard about it. The reality is far from what you see on the tv. All these ex special forces guys bleed the same as anyone else.

Having said all that my son is now a lance jack in my old regiment. So i'm more proud of him than myself.

coatbridge

Love not kill."

you want to lay blame on the military and those serving yet what your complaint about is down to you the military doesn't get to chose policy makers that's the people do that so you are to blame for any illegal war as you see it

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

Love not kill.you want to lay blame on the military and those serving yet what your complaint about is down to you the military doesn't get to chose policy makers that's the people do that so you are to blame for any illegal war as you see it"

Voters can't really be blamed for the illegal wars, how could anyone that voted for Tony the Liar Blair have foresaw that he would take us in to an illegal war for which the sole purpose was to steal Iraq's resources? All our recent wars and of course our next one Iran were and are going to be orchestrated as the multi nationals want the oil etc and the truth is our armed forces are now used as public funded private armies for the theft of resources and these people do not care about all the civilian casualties or indeed the lives of our own service men, it is nothing but corruption.

coatbridge

Love not kill.you want to lay blame on the military and those serving yet what your complaint about is down to you the military doesn't get to chose policy makers that's the people do that so you are to blame for any illegal war as you see it Voters can't really be blamed for the illegal wars, how could anyone that voted for Tony the Liar Blair have foresaw that he would take us in to an illegal war for which the sole purpose was to steal Iraq's resources? All our recent wars and of course our next one Iran were and are going to be orchestrated as the multi nationals want the oil etc and the truth is our armed forces are now used as public funded private armies for the theft of resources and these people do not care about all the civilian casualties or indeed the lives of our own service men, it is nothing but corruption."

that may be your opinion its definitely not mine.

another thing that kind of goes against what your saying is the military isn't a mindless automaton just doing as told there are clear defined things that the military follow so if a superior gives an unlawful order you don't do it.

It's easy to accept the blame you say we voted the muppet in not blame anyone and everyone else

central scotland

Love not kill.you want to lay blame on the military and those serving yet what your complaint about is down to you the military doesn't get to chose policy makers that's the people do that so you are to blame for any illegal war as you see it Voters can't really be blamed for the illegal wars, how could anyone that voted for Tony the Liar Blair have foresaw that he would take us in to an illegal war for which the sole purpose was to steal Iraq's resources? All our recent wars and of course our next one Iran were and are going to be orchestrated as the multi nationals want the oil etc and the truth is our armed forces are now used as public funded private armies for the theft of resources and these people do not care about all the civilian casualties or indeed the lives of our own service men, it is nothing but corruption.that may be your opinion its definitely not mine.

another thing that kind of goes against what your saying is the military isn't a mindless automaton just doing as told there are clear defined things that the military follow so if a superior gives an unlawful order you don't do it.

It's easy to accept the blame you say we voted the muppet in not blame anyone and everyone else"

It is certainly my opinion. Well by your definition they should have said we are not going to invade Iraq as it is an illegal and therefore an unlawful war . Also you should have told everyone what you saw in your crystal ball and let them know that Blair was going to start an illegal war and invade Iraq as I am sure apart from yourself not too many knew when they voted that he was going to do it.

coatbridge

Lol can see right through you. the conflict wasnt illegal at the time.

If you think the country is that bad move out and find the one that's right for you.

What is nasty is you having a pop at folk who in general join the forces to better themselves not because the are nope couldn't even use the terms that's been used.

Food for thought here peace has to be fought for

central scotland

"Lol can see right through you. the conflict wasnt illegal at the time.

If you think the country is that bad move out and find the one that's right for you.

What is nasty is you having a pop at folk who in general join the forces to better themselves not because the are nope couldn't even use the terms that's been used.

Food for thought here peace has to be fought for "

What is REALLY nasty is you trying to make out I have done something that I have not there is not one word there suggesting that I am having a pop at people that join the forces I have worked alongside them a lot and have respect for them what I am having a pop at is those that use them for their own ends. And I am also sick of seeing that stupid soundbite If you don't like the country get. Out where did I say I don't like the country? I don't like the governments policies maybe. I have saw plenty of your posts and you do try and twist peoples words a lot and make it seem like they are saying something they are not but it won't work here now go back and have a good read and tell me where I have had a pop at those serving then get back to me and let me know. I resent you even suggesting that and know you wont quote those words as they are not there.

coatbridge

"Lol can see right through you. the conflict wasnt illegal at the time.

Food for thought here peace has to be fought for What is REALLY nasty is you trying to make out I have done something that I have not there is not one word there suggesting that I am having a pop at people that join the forces I have worked alongside them a lot and have respect for them what I am having a pop at is those that use them for their own ends. And I am also sick of seeing that stupid soundbite If you don't like the country get. Out where did I say I don't like the country? I don't like the governments policies maybe. I have saw plenty of your posts and you do try and twist peoples words a lot and make it seem like they are saying something they are not but it won't work here now go back and have a good read and tell me where I have had a pop at those serving then get back to me and let me know. I resent you even suggesting that and know you wont quote those words as they are not there."

my mistake I thought with you quoting you were the other user who called anyone who joined names apologies

central scotland

No problem Kola Kubes I was only wondering if

you saw that I did not

That’s a bit of a sweeping statement. Methinks there may be a wee military chip on your shooder??

We don’t have conscription so you chose your job just like anyone else on here and I don’t really care what that is either. only the young dumb and full of cum try to use it as a gies a shag line the majority of armed forces don't draw attention to it "

What he said. In my younger days I was too busy chatting up women saying I was a British Airways pilot rather than say I was the guy that painted the lines on runways......sic

By *our Loyal Oral ServantMan  over a year ago

Elgin

Dear me, what a palaver...

A lot of overworked egos and blistered fingers, everyone have a cup of tea and relax...

Ahhh, that’s better

My last thruppence worth is that any serving soldier on here who has his boaby stood to attention whilst in his combats “in the block “ really is opening himself up to the risk of being honey trapped by any undesirable.

The IRA may not be the major threat anymore but why stupidly set yourself up as an easy target?

Geezus christ people. Judgemental much. Like any profession some people are proud to be in forces, the same as some are proud to Lawyers , doctors, welders , bricklayers, hgv drivers, care worker, social workers . Ffs be proud of who you are and what you do regardless of other opinions if you do your job right . All these judges on their thrones dissing/putting down other professions.

No profession is perfect, true some only out for money (screw people over) , some work for big pharma companies (and lie about medications, vaccinations etc.... Etc...) , government with no moral high ground that have made choices that have screwed their own country over and highest rate of homelessness has hit) ,some get guilty criminals off when they should be in prison , carers, social workers turn a blind eye to abuse in looking after elderly /children. No profession is perfect all debatable.

Unless you are all sitting perfect try be a little more kind and less judgemental. A young person going in to the forces is sometimes a good option rather than the zero contract hours youngster are facing now or poverty. So a steady salary, roof over their head and food daily. I say a pretty good job to start with. Some kids leaving school have no opportunity to jump straight into employment as work is limited, so they end up no work and live off benefits all their life...

Forces actually help you more than you think, You get your licences from car to hgv licence, a trade, so when you leave forces and become a civilian, life is a bit easier than if they were trying to find work coming off benefits.

My hubby was in forces at 20 to provide for me and our daughter and continued until our 3rd child, being a stand in firefighter when strikes where happening, helping with sand sacks when floods hit the UK, we may not be for what the forces stand for but that isnt just what they are about, I'm not about what a lot of professions stand for buteach to their own.

When my hubby left to become a civilian, he started working as an hgv driver and still is, having 4 kids, 4 grandkids, a big house and everything we want I'd say he did pretty good being just a soldier lol.

These forums are brutal. Takes all the fun out of swinging.

We don’t have conscription so you chose your job just like anyone else on here and I don’t really care what that is either.

That’s a bit of a sweeping statement. Methinks there may be a wee military chip on your shooder??"

My comment was based on the messages I get on here where it’s first thing they tell you. Nothing more complicated than that.

By *vcarolTV/TS  over a year ago

kilmarnockish

Two things;

Serving and ex serving should be credited with just a little bit more recognition than they do. Not quite to the extent of America, but a good deal more than they do at present.

Secondly, from a purely selfish and omg physical point of view..... nothing like a really fit guy - as most are- ‘entertaining’ you. And just about all have brill life experiences.

Gen not reading half of these comments cos I can guarantee they are negative.

My ex is forces and I love a man in uniform

Where I am I have am raf base and army base. I love it.

By *ullpa72Man  over a year ago

Isle of Arran

"I served in my younger years ,and one of my son's joins in march . respect to all those people who serve and protect our country and way of life .

Protect our country your having a laugh.Take your head out of the sand and smell the coffee."

Sir ,for your information I have smelt plenty of coffee.I would advise you to read a bit about our nation's history then come back and explain to me why our military is so unimportant !!

By *ucky24Man  over a year ago

Lowestoft

"Geezus christ people. Judgemental much. Like any profession some people are proud to be in forces, the same as some are proud to Lawyers , doctors, welders , bricklayers, hgv drivers, care worker, social workers . Ffs be proud of who you are and what you do regardless of other opinions if you do your job right . All these judges on their thrones dissing/putting down other professions.

No profession is perfect, true some only out for money (screw people over) , some work for big pharma companies (and lie about medications, vaccinations etc.... Etc...) , government with no moral high ground that have made choices that have screwed their own country over and highest rate of homelessness has hit) ,some get guilty criminals off when they should be in prison , carers, social workers turn a blind eye to abuse in looking after elderly /children. No profession is perfect all debatable.

Unless you are all sitting perfect try be a little more kind and less judgemental. A young person going in to the forces is sometimes a good option rather than the zero contract hours youngster are facing now or poverty. So a steady salary, roof over their head and food daily. I say a pretty good job to start with. Some kids leaving school have no opportunity to jump straight into employment as work is limited, so they end up no work and live off benefits all their life...

Forces actually help you more than you think, You get your licences from car to hgv licence, a trade, so when you leave forces and become a civilian, life is a bit easier than if they were trying to find work coming off benefits.

My hubby was in forces at 20 to provide for me and our daughter and continued until our 3rd child, being a stand in firefighter when strikes where happening, helping with sand sacks when floods hit the UK, we may not be for what the forces stand for but that isnt just what they are about, I'm not about what a lot of professions stand for buteach to their own.

When my hubby left to become a civilian, he started working as an hgv driver and still is, having 4 kids, 4 grandkids, a big house and everything we want I'd say he did pretty good being just a soldier lol.

These forums are brutal. Takes all the fun out of swinging.

"

Think that sums it perfectly. There are good and bad in all walks of life.

By *unlovingx2Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"Mostly mugs who put their life on the line to do the behest of the wealthy people who play political games with theirs and others lifes. The sadest part is they buy into this "nobile" nonsense, doing their bit for their country - the country you were born in is a random act of fate, go ahead and defend

Mugs."

Without wars you will get the unprincipled making money off of the backs of others. Many join the military to defend democracy, freedom and safety. Yeah most are patriotic, but if you think our forces are being used, i would put it to you that you are one of the cretins who vote in the govts, that use people prepared to die and defend us. I joined after the Falklands war, served in N Ireland, where we did save lots of innocent civilians being killed, I did a UN tour in Yugoslavia, and was involved tn the 1st Gulf war, all under the orders of our govt.

Until 89 we had the USSR threatening to burst through Germany.....and you think that people, perhaps inspired by family who served in both world wars, and the ensuing sense of duty...are not noble.

Get a grip, they do jobs that would make you piss your pants and cry for mummy. One of the best surgeons in Aberdeen is still on call, went in op Herrick,,,wonder if he is not noble.............. people who dont like our forces should just shut up, maybe even feel humble, that they live under the freedom many died protecting.

By *unlovingx2Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Thanks "

Best job in the world, you will meet the odd jealous civilian, where by trying to disguise their own lack of courage and self worth, will try and talk your job down.

You will find a kinship between our three armed services, the police, fire service, Prison service and frontline NHS, all full of NOBLE people with a sense of duty, people prepared to put that sense of duty and service, above that of a more comfortable, and profitable life.

So stand tall young man and remember, have respect for others, but our services are all better than us mere civis, because of that willingness to sacrifice for our sake.

Glasgow

Thanks

Best job in the world, you will meet the odd jealous civilian, where by trying to disguise their own lack of courage and self worth, will try and talk your job down.

You will find a kinship between our three armed services, the police, fire service, Prison service and frontline NHS, all full of NOBLE people with a sense of duty, people prepared to put that sense of duty and service, above that of a more comfortable, and profitable life.

So stand tall young man and remember, have respect for others, but our services are all better than us mere civis, because of that willingness to sacrifice for our sake. "

Proud to be American or whatever brainwashed nation you choose to put your life on the line for

By *cottishcockMan  over a year ago

glasgow

I recently left the MOS was in Army for 6 year now a bricklayer loved it x

By *unning LinguistMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Bet u wish u hadnt asked OP...?

By *ets go again!Man  over a year ago

paisley

I'm a veteran served 11 yrs got injured in 2006 and got md

By *orayfunMan  over a year ago

Moray

Mugs."

I notice you signed off with Mugs.. I take thats your name

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

Territory and resources are fought over by every animal on this planet since the beginning of time.

Only difference between other animals and us is unnatural weaponisation.

Must admit although some do play the "I'm ex/forces card" to get some. It doesn't provide the same power as years ago. I do think it should be keep to yourself though cos info can be dangerous in the wrong hands, you don't know us either....could be a spy.

However, I loved being a cadet, going to bases, kicked out of bed in middle of night assault courses & especially "those" rooms that test the ultimate you.

Not even allowed to do that to cadets now.

Would of joined if it wasn't for becoming a mum young & at the time there was height limits etc despite being more than able to do what was required.

By *heHookyMonsterMan  over a year ago

Coventry

The same as any job.

The perfect response!

Coventry

Mugs.

You're talking nonsense now"

Very anti! Guessing you either got stitched up in some way by a bad egg, or have a very poor opinion of those who serve for other nefarious reasons? Maybe just take each one as an individual as all are different, the same as in the rest of society.

Coventry

Mugs.

Just saying.so your saying you don't know about folk being arrested for having far right or far left views or racial opinions ?

When a body has the ability to restrict even abhorrent views it's no longer free speech

Jesus, quite a jump from squaddies looking for a shag to practically living in North Korea.

Put down the crack pipe and enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Peace out mofos"

Coventry

"I served in my younger years ,and one of my son's joins in march . respect to all those people who serve and protect our country and way of life .

Protect our country your having a laugh.Take your head out of the sand and smell the coffee."

Which part of it is incorrect?

Coventry

Love not kill."

Just to put a slightly different slant on it if those who do the job who you clearly despise so much didnt do it you'd be getting conscripted as many in countries like Germany do to this day. If nothing else they're saving others from being forced to do it. Agree with you on the politics but point the finger at the politicians, not those who often do a really good job under difficult circumstances. I've no love for anyone who uses the uniform just to get an advantage on here though - most in the forces just see it as their job and no better or worse than any other.

"I served in my younger years ,and one of my son's joins in march . respect to all those people who serve and protect our country and way of life ."
omg my son too x

By *ockothenorthMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Everyone in the armed forces deserves the utmost respect, whether you agree with conflicts or not.there the ones putting their neck on the line so that all the rest of us can live the lifestyle to which we have become accustomed .in too many cases making the ultimate sacrifice for us.

"Everyone in the armed forces deserves the utmost respect, whether you agree with conflicts or not.there the ones putting their neck on the line so that all the rest of us can live the lifestyle to which we have become accustomed .in too many cases making the ultimate sacrifice for us.

"

Behave yourself

Coventry

Interesting so many Scots are anti the armed forces. Be curious as to what happens if Scotland does get its independence, especially if Clyde Naval Base closed and moved down south. Would create massive unemployment on the west coast if it did happen. I'm sure the whiners who would sooner leave it to others to do the job would all be complaining there was no one there to do it then. No one in their right mind would expect to be fawned over or hero-worshipped, as for most its just a job like any other, but some on here have a pretty disgusting attitude too, almost certainly those who haven't a clue as to what it really entails. The perception is often different to the reality.

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

"Interesting so many Scots are anti the armed forces. Be curious as to what happens if Scotland does get its independence, especially if Clyde Naval Base closed and moved down south. Would create massive unemployment on the west coast if it did happen. I'm sure the whiners who would sooner leave it to others to do the job would all be complaining there was no one there to do it then. No one in their right mind would expect to be fawned over or hero-worshipped, as for most its just a job like any other, but some on here have a pretty disgusting attitude too, almost certainly those who haven't a clue as to what it really entails. The perception is often different to the reality. "

This isn't "so many" Scots, at very most it's a handful. I don't know the opinion of the majority but I come from a RAF family who have served for generations. Some people like people in the armed forces some don't, people in the armed forces can unfortunately be very easily type cast. You have to have a certain type of personality to have a career in the forces. Personally my guard goes up of someone starts advertising that they are in the army, but I'm not as bad with the RAF or navy. It's just personal preference based on interactions with people I've dealt with in the past. Don't get me wrong, I've played with marines, I wouldn't be rule out sleeping with someone in the forces. But it can be a good indication on if you'll get on with someone if you don't like the way they advertise themself

Coventry

"Interesting so many Scots are anti the armed forces. Be curious as to what happens if Scotland does get its independence, especially if Clyde Naval Base closed and moved down south. Would create massive unemployment on the west coast if it did happen. I'm sure the whiners who would sooner leave it to others to do the job would all be complaining there was no one there to do it then. No one in their right mind would expect to be fawned over or hero-worshipped, as for most its just a job like any other, but some on here have a pretty disgusting attitude too, almost certainly those who haven't a clue as to what it really entails. The perception is often different to the reality.

This isn't "so many" Scots, at very most it's a handful. I don't know the opinion of the majority but I come from a RAF family who have served for generations. Some people like people in the armed forces some don't, people in the armed forces can unfortunately be very easily type cast. You have to have a certain type of personality to have a career in the forces. Personally my guard goes up of someone starts advertising that they are in the army, but I'm not as bad with the RAF or navy. It's just personal preference based on interactions with people I've dealt with in the past. Don't get me wrong, I've played with marines, I wouldn't be rule out sleeping with someone in the forces. But it can be a good indication on if you'll get on with someone if you don't like the way they advertise themself "

I can't argue with that. I've often been cautious with the Army myself as my experience of them is also very mixed. I've known some tremendous people, but also a few where its been clearly drilled into them to believe in their hype a little too much. This is an individual to individual thing though and not indicative of the entire organisation. As for those who push it hard on here I'm unimpressed as it shouldn't be a big selling point, although being part of 'who you are',hopefully with positive connotations based on getting to know the individual. Some are hugely reliable, honorable beyond most peoples understanding and respectful, so can understand service personnel wanting to get that part across so as to establish themselves as hopefully being worthy of an opportunity.

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

One of the quickest ways to make someone anti war/violence is for them to serve a time in the military,many who leave end up detesting conflicts both on a broader or personal level.

My time in the military has put me where I am today and I'm thankful for that but I'd personally like to see every weapon in the world melted down into cooking pots.

M

By *anwomenCouple  over a year ago

Falkland island

we only meet military guys here in the Falkland islands ,but its hard to find them on here

Coventry

"One of the quickest ways to make someone anti war/violence is for them to serve a time in the military,many who leave end up detesting conflicts both on a broader or personal level.

My time in the military has put me where I am today and I'm thankful for that but I'd personally like to see every weapon in the world melted down into cooking pots.

M"

Roger that! Nothing guaranteed to make you peace-loving than seeing the misery first hand.

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

"One of the quickest ways to make someone anti war/violence is for them to serve a time in the military,many who leave end up detesting conflicts both on a broader or personal level.

M

Roger that! Nothing guaranteed to make you peace-loving than seeing the misery first hand. "

I also believe there is no need for military parlance post the job, but then that is only my opinion.

Coventry

M

Roger that! Nothing guaranteed to make you peace-loving than seeing the misery first hand.

I also believe there is no need for military parlance post the job, but then that is only my opinion."

Hard habit to break. My apologies.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Interesting so many Scots are anti the armed forces. Be curious as to what happens if Scotland does get its independence, especially if Clyde Naval Base closed and moved down south. Would create massive unemployment on the west coast if it did happen. I'm sure the whiners who would sooner leave it to others to do the job would all be complaining there was no one there to do it then. No one in their right mind would expect to be fawned over or hero-worshipped, as for most its just a job like any other, but some on here have a pretty disgusting attitude too, almost certainly those who haven't a clue as to what it really entails. The perception is often different to the reality. "

Why would it close. It can still operate as a naval base without nuclear weapons?

Coventry

"Interesting so many Scots are anti the armed forces. Be curious as to what happens if Scotland does get its independence, especially if Clyde Naval Base closed and moved down south. Would create massive unemployment on the west coast if it did happen. I'm sure the whiners who would sooner leave it to others to do the job would all be complaining there was no one there to do it then. No one in their right mind would expect to be fawned over or hero-worshipped, as for most its just a job like any other, but some on here have a pretty disgusting attitude too, almost certainly those who haven't a clue as to what it really entails. The perception is often different to the reality.

Why would it close. It can still operate as a naval base without nuclear weapons?"

I wasn't thinking of nuclear weapons in any respect - nor did I mention them specifically. I was thinking if theoretically ships moved to Devonport/Portsmouth etc. There are way more civilian contractors there than military these days. It would mean a n awful lot of job losses in that region. Can't see it happening personally, but who knows what would happen if Scotland did become independent.

By *cotsboyMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"we only meet military guys here in the Falkland islands ,but its hard to find them on here"

Fantastic profile getting me nice and hard I’m just gutted I never got to visit the island when I was in

By *ockothenorthMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Everyone in the armed forces deserves the utmost respect, whether you agree with conflicts or not.there the ones putting their neck on the line so that all the rest of us can live the lifestyle to which we have become accustomed .in too many cases making the ultimate sacrifice for us.

Behave yourself "

My opinion. No misbehaviour about it,I'll leave that to you

Tain

Why would it close. It can still operate as a naval base without nuclear weapons?"

A post Indy Scottish navy will not need a base that size.

Coventry

Why would it close. It can still operate as a naval base without nuclear weapons?

A post Indy Scottish navy will not need a base that size."

I'd imagine it would have to create its own, or pay the rest of the UK. Can't imagine Scotland having a Navy at all.

By *appyaslarry2018Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

You're doing a job I don't think a lot of us could do. I'm not sure I fully agree with how you guys get deployed but that's no fault of anyone on the frontline so hats off to you all!

Tain

O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that,

an' "Tommy, go away";

But it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins",

when the band begins to play,

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

I'd imagine it would have to create its own, or pay the rest of the UK. Can't imagine Scotland having a Navy at all. "

Wouldn’t need a navy, Scotland’s strategic location and military assets could be offered to negotiate NATO inclusion.

Such carrots for negotiation could be the development of a NATO or European base at Lossiemouth or leasing Faslane.

Coventry

I'd imagine it would have to create its own, or pay the rest of the UK. Can't imagine Scotland having a Navy at all.

Wouldn’t need a navy, Scotland’s strategic location and military assets could be offered to negotiate NATO inclusion.

Such carrots for negotiation could be the development of a NATO or European base at Lossiemouth or leasing Faslane."

Interesting and fair argument!

By *anwomenCouple  over a year ago

Falkland island

Any military guys coming to the Falkland islands

"I love anyone who that’s doing a dedicated profession especially that’s is to protect people of the country, I also like people that are physically fit and mentally strong.

What I don’t like is the guys that use the military link to attract, it’s very unlikely you would ever see a guy in his military clothes or with a gun but they do seem to put photos up like that, do you get a nurse posting photos of her in her work wear?

"

We aren't all mentally strong anymore.

Coventry

Mugs.

You're talking nonsense now"

Not remotely! You clearly despise our military for some reason. It might be because of experience of specific individuals (which means you're tarring everyone with the same brush unfairly) or maybe you're just a hater. Either way it matters not. Using it to get further on here would be pretty sad I agree, but that doesn't make all servicemen and women akin to something you've stepped in. Yes, there are some numpties in the forces, but there are a lot of amazing people too. Pity they get slated by people who don't have a clue as to what they do. For the record the vast majority aren't looking for hero worship either, just ordinary people doing what might be considered an extraordinary job in terms of very few others being like it.

Coventry

Mugs.

Did you miss my original post where I said "mostly"? There are some wealthy and career minded folk who do well out of a military career, the rest are mugs for volunteering to be political pawns and cannon fodder.

I didn't vote for this government and nobody outwith the Tory party voted Johnson. Democracy? You really that naive?

"

Just in case you naively thought the military serve the tories, you're barking up the wrong tree. Those in the services realise they carry out the will of the government of the day, not any party. Many in now were serving when Tony Blair and Gordon Brown were in power AND when the Tories shared power with the Lib. Dems. People don't join to serve politicians, they either do it for themselves to make a better future, or they do it to serve the rest of the country. Some will say thats a no thing, others will scummy call them 'mugs' and be utterly disrespectful, showing the kind of person they are themselves. Things don't always work out well in that world, but the vast majority go above and beyond to do the best they can. Those who criticise will rarely have given anything chances are.

Coventry

"I get a lot of messages saying “do you like military guys” . To me that’s like saying “ do I like guys with dark hair?”

It all depends the guy. It would worry me if the guys biggest selling point was that he was in the military lol "

Absolutely spot on! Anyone worth their salt would want to be liked for who they are, not what they are.

Dundee

wow this post has took a serious downward spiral!!

By *ephirothMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"wow this post has took a serious downward spiral!!

"

Seems that way.

By *ephirothMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Just realised how old some of the posts are on here...*leaves*

A post Indy Scottish navy will not need a base that size."

Strathclyde Park would suffice

Coventry

Why not?

Because I don't want to "

Just curious, but why would someone's job be such an issue?

Coventry

"It's very often guys with not much else about them that use it as their USP"

Aaaaahhhh, that's interesting! I bet some do, although there are plenty who wouldn't too. I'd hazard a guess that it's primarily the younger guys who do? Most people I know in the forces just see it as a job like any other and wouldn't telegraph it like it's a selling point.

Coventry

Coventry

"My hubby served in the navy for over 20 years.

Not that has anything to do with anything to anyone else, but I'm a proud mrs, just saying.

Your welcome "

Coventry

"I love anyone who that’s doing a dedicated profession especially that’s is to protect people of the country, I also like people that are physically fit and mentally strong.

"

Great shout!

Coventry

The same as any job.

Best response yet! Bravo!

Coventry

Mugs.

"

Johnson has nothing to do with it for the record. The armed forces serve whatever government is in power at any time. None join to serve a political party, in fact many don't even vote as it keeps them away from politics.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Holy thread resurrection Batman"

Coventry

"I get a lot of messages saying “do you like military guys” . To me that’s like saying “ do I like guys with dark hair?”

It all depends the guy. It would worry me if the guys biggest selling point was that he was in the military lol "

Yep, that's a pretty shabby and shallow way to go about things. 'Demanding respect' is wrong on all kinds of levels. For the record those I know who serve are the complete opposite of that. Some even lie about their job when meeting new people, or are vague.

Coventry

Sounds pretty clueless. Most people have no idea what they'd lose without it, mostly due to having no idea whatsoever of the day to day workings and assume its just about things like Iraq and Afghanistan. Those are the little things in truth. Whatever people's reasons for hating our military they're almost always the wrong ones - based on having known a few who behaved like dickheads down the pub, or thinking they're somehow in support of the politics of the day. Far from it.

Coventry

Love not kill.you want to lay blame on the military and those serving yet what your complaint about is down to you the military doesn't get to chose policy makers that's the people do that so you are to blame for any illegal war as you see it Voters can't really be blamed for the illegal wars, how could anyone that voted for Tony the Liar Blair have foresaw that he would take us in to an illegal war for which the sole purpose was to steal Iraq's resources? All our recent wars and of course our next one Iran were and are going to be orchestrated as the multi nationals want the oil etc and the truth is our armed forces are now used as public funded private armies for the theft of resources and these people do not care about all the civilian casualties or indeed the lives of our own service men, it is nothing but corruption."

.....and yet when extremists kill innocent people in attacks they claim those people deserve it because they vote for their politicians. In their eyes it makes anyone who votes culpable. (Off track somewhat I know, but on that (twisted basis) we're all responsible).

Coventry

Protect our country your having a laugh.Take your head out of the sand and smell the coffee.Sir ,for your information I have smelt plenty of coffee.I would advise you to read a bit about our nation's history then come back and explain to me why our military is so unimportant !!"

Coventry

Thanks

So stand tall young man and remember, have respect for others, but our services are all better than us mere civis, because of that willingness to sacrifice for our sake.

Proud to be American or whatever brainwashed nation you choose to put your life on the line for

"

Surely beats being pathetic cowards that just wants badmouth - especially if it's not something they've experienced? Personally I can't see how anyone can badmouth anyone else's job/career unless they have an axe to grind, either for political reasons etc. Calling people 'brainwashed shows zero knowledge of how things actually are. Many service people don't even vote as they stay away from that kind of stuff and just get on with gaining qualifications, earning fairly decent money and making their way in life generally. Most don't fit the profile you describe.

Coventry

This isn't "so many" Scots, at very most it's a handful. I don't know the opinion of the majority but I come from a RAF family who have served for generations. Some people like people in the armed forces some don't, people in the armed forces can unfortunately be very easily type cast. You have to have a certain type of personality to have a career in the forces. Personally my guard goes up of someone starts advertising that they are in the army, but I'm not as bad with the RAF or navy. It's just personal preference based on interactions with people I've dealt with in the past. Don't get me wrong, I've played with marines, I wouldn't be rule out sleeping with someone in the forces. But it can be a good indication on if you'll get on with someone if you don't like the way they advertise themself "

Very fair point! Very much down to the individual. I cringe at the thought of those who do that.

Coventry

Such carrots for negotiation could be the development of a NATO or European base at Lossiemouth or leasing Faslane."

Interesting idea. Can't see it happening, but interesting nonetheless.

Coventry

Think it's time I stopped posting on this!