FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Poof, slag

Poof, slag

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ast Rollo OP   Man  over a year ago

glasgow west

no its not what you think .

what words did you use when you were young that you now dont use . Since alot of the word meanings have changed put what they did mean when you were young and what they are now .

So "poof" used to be a puff of smoke ect but now is a derogatory name for a gay male.

Slag was a waste product now it is a descriptor for a female.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Spastic. Horrible word but it was what folk said.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A very very controversial Ayrshire one.

Ok, so say you caught a person doing something clatty, let's say picking their nose for example. You would call them out as a "black" or a "black bastard". Was completely harmless then, and I hope people can see/understand where it comes from. Absolutely nothing to do with race or anything close.

Would never dream of calling someone out on this these days, apart from a few close friends maybe (if any of you fucktards are on this site you know who you are)

By *akeheelsTV/TS  over a year ago

dalkeith

Then...Joey. Complete with voice and hand/head movements.

Now...its just that bloke from friends innit....

Also, flid. Another blast from the past that, what cruel wee shites we were.

By *awaiianguyMan  over a year ago

East Ayrshire

Dirty Arab. My Mum still calls me that sometimes, although she has given up spitting on a hankie and giving my face a wipe

Fags-smokes- cigarettes

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Dirty Arab. My Mum still calls me that sometimes, although she has given up spitting on a hankie and giving my face a wipe "

My mum warned me to stay clear of the dirty Arabs when i told her i was going to Tunisia on holiday

"Spastic. Horrible word but it was what folk said."

I heard a woman call another woman this in Morrisons car park a few weeks ago. I feel sick when I hear that word. Considered nutting the stupid cow for a fleeting moment.

"A very very controversial Ayrshire one.

Ok, so say you caught a person doing something clatty, let's say picking their nose for example. You would call them out as a "black" or a "black bastard". Was completely harmless then, and I hope people can see/understand where it comes from. Absolutely nothing to do with race or anything close.

Would never dream of calling someone out on this these days, apart from a few close friends maybe (if any of you fucktards are on this site you know who you are) "

Heard that in Glasgow too.

By *ast Rollo OP   Man  over a year ago

glasgow west

Rag head - this was a mop or paint roller made of rags now it is used for muslim females.

packies and chinkies was the local shop or take way now its not used for that

By *horman11Man  over a year ago

Thurso

The world has gone crazy lol you have to be so so careful what you say to people from one extreme to another!!!

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

When you went to the ice cream van and asked for a "black man" or in some cases a "double black man"

Would never dream of calling someone out on this these days, apart from a few close friends maybe (if any of you fucktards are on this site you know who you are) "

I remember this as a kid and i know it wouldn’t be ok now but even then the black was always a replacement for manky ... Like you would come in from playing outside covered in dirt or whatever (we were messy kids) and even my mum would say look at you you are black ... it was more about colour description than referring to a race

By *edLionScotMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

It's strange looking back. Some of the things people used to say.

I remember, as a wee boy, my Grandmother, who was born in the early 1900's, using the N word. Different times.

At school, we used to call people Joey (Deacon). Sooooo bad!

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Dirty Arab. My Mum still calls me that sometimes, although she has given up spitting on a hankie and giving my face a wipe "

My mother in law says this.... but the best bit is she’s Moroccan lol

"Dirty Arab. My Mum still calls me that sometimes, although she has given up spitting on a hankie and giving my face a wipe

My mother in law says this.... but the best bit is she’s Moroccan lol"

That actually made me

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

'Cheeky wee monkey'

My son said I couldn't say that to him anymore ... will it stop me?! Nope

"no its not what you think .

what words did you use when you were young that you now dont use . Since alot of the word meanings have changed put what they did mean when you were young and what they are now .

So "poof" used to be a puff of smoke ect but now is a derogatory name for a gay male.

Slag was a waste product now it is a descriptor for a female."

When I talk about slag it’s still a engineering term

But words like slut slag etc I don’t use the same anymore

I still call my gay pal a raging wee homo or an airy fairy poof, he still calls me a walking cum bucket so again I still use the words but in the right company and I think

People get overly PC about what you can and can’t say, I was involved in a sexual

Harassment case in work and some of the stuff they were coming out with I was like seriously ! Have you heard what I call the guys and say to them !? A lot of men I worked with are older and there’s banter and there’s name calling it’s kinda part and parcel but if I thought it was nasty or seriously derogatory I’d be the first to tell them to fuxk off and stop being so disrespectful but nope some women decided to call HR and I asked did that mean I was going to get into trouble for things I’d said to the guys honestly too many “snowflakes” I actuLly hate that word btw

By *TBSMan  over a year ago

close enough

A word that used to get used in my era was wog ...turns my stomach now.

By *e gentle 100Woman  over a year ago

Bathgate

Black man aka chocolate wafer

Golly wog and now u can't say that

Baba black sheep, u can't say that either

Chinkys aka Chinese

Pakis aka Pakistani shop

My pal called her corner shop black Johns and I said to her u can't call the shop that (he was Pakistani) and she said it was cause his shop was dirty and cold and nowt to do with the colour of his skin

There's a few more but can't remember as now I'm older and wiser I watch what I say and how I say it xx

Spastic is the correct word for someone who has lost control to an extent of limbs. Like most good words their use as a derogatory term has ruined them.

By *ay123mailMan  over a year ago

Seaham

Used around tyne and wear and still is by some. No racial intent just basically saying minging or vile

"

Baba black sheep, u can't say that either

"

That's just a myth

https://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/golliwog/

By *nglishRose79Woman  over a year ago

Blackpool

Moving from England to Scotland it’s taken a bit of time to get used to the difference... words that are considered really bad down south are used in every day language up here... ie cu*t.... cow is a playful term in England bit like fud or fanny, but up here would be on the same scale as using the c word down south.

Rocket another one... if someone a rocket down south it’s meaning their hot, yet up here means space cadet.

I do have to say, I love all the slag up here.

By *yrshiremischiefMan  over a year ago

Kilmarnock

'I do have to say, I love all the slag up here.' If that's a typo it is definitely Freudian!

By *nglishRose79Woman  over a year ago

Blackpool

"'I do have to say, I love all the slag up here.' If that's a typo it is definitely Freudian! "

Pmsl! Only just realised that! Ops lol

I remember my mum sending me out for some brown cotton.

It's was actually called N Brown.

And then there was the dog in the Dambusters film with the n word as a name

By *othardandfreeMan  over a year ago

.here and there

I happened to watch an old episode of M*A*S*H the other week...the african american character was called Spearchucker. You wouldnt get away with that now.

» Add a new message to this topic