FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Hill walking Fab groups - East of Scotland

Hill walking Fab groups - East of Scotland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atex and Kink OP   Couple  over a year ago

Download Festival

Does anybody know if there are any FAB based hill walking groups in east central Scotland?

Lady V and I were talking about needing to join a local walking group, but might be fun if it was like minded fabbers of bdsmers or both...

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This would be a great idea for walkers, I'm hiking up Innerdownie today with a mate but he is no fabster....

I will definitely keep an eye on this thread

Deffo be up for this , great idea guys

East and West Lomonds are fine starters, then onto the more strenuous

would love to join others

The lomonds are very good for starters

I like the pentlands

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

Often head up pentlands or head down the borders. Great losing the phone signal and just being lost with nature. Can add me as interested

Do a bit of hillwalking and munro bagging myself. Find sitting on top of a hill very calming.

Would definitely be interests in joining

"Do a bit of hillwalking and munro bagging myself. Find sitting on top of a hill very calming. "

Im looking forward to standing at the summit with the cold wind in my face.

Nothing like it to make you feel alive

I have completed many Munro’s. Ben Lomond should take 6-7 hours top to bottom. It’s a bit of hike and you should be prepared for a change in weather at the summit.

The Arrochar Alps have various challenges for all walkers although it’s a bit of drive from the East.

By *appyDeviantsCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

We love the outdoors ,walking certainly clears the head.Looking at getting a lot more in this year in prep for a new adventure.Evenings in the lighter nights would be ideal or the occasional sunday would suit us

By *illie99TV/TS  over a year ago

Central Scotland

I like a little wander through in the hills too. Without the heels though! Lol

We enjoy hillwalking and would be interested depending on dates

I live beside a great hill west of Aberdeen, keep meaning to go up it again but can’t be arsed, this might change my views though if I had someone to chat too

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I would love to do this.x

By *ommickMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I've been hiking for years just hope more ladies join in ...

By *akeheelsTV/TS  over a year ago

dalkeith

Total hill newbie, but would love to get into the hills.

I’ve done the 3 peaks and many a Munro. Did the WHW and thankfully got 5 clear days. Thinking the John Moore Way but doubt I would get any more than the week of good weather in Scotland

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

I can barely walk up the stairs, I'll leave this one to the professionals

"Does anybody know if there are any FAB based hill walking groups in east central Scotland?

Lady V and I were talking about needing to join a local walking group, but might be fun if it was like minded fabbers of bdsmers or both..."

Great idea, I would be interested at a bdsmer faster. Not too experienced with hills, east & west Lomond to date but very experienced in forest and coastal walks. I'm part of a group but defo not I the fabbing way. I'll be keeping this in mind for sure.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I would love to do the west highland way over 5days

"Does anybody know if there are any FAB based hill walking groups in east central Scotland?

Lady V and I were talking about needing to join a local walking group, but might be fun if it was like minded fabbers of bdsmers or both...

Great idea, I would be interested at a bdsmer faster. Not too experienced with hills, east & west Lomond to date but very experienced in forest and coastal walks. I'm part of a group but defo not I the fabbing way. I'll be keeping this in mind for sure. "

Bdsm fabster, crikey I hate predictive text.

By *r-and-Mrs-StargazerCouple  over a year ago

West Scotland

Great idea but I’m leaving the hills till at least April. Going to try and complete my Everest anywhere challenge this year.

Download Festival

Great to see so may like minded walkers in Fab... we are just getting into it... not really done any munros as yet. But walk the Pentlands alot. 14k Saturday. Harlaw to Glencourse back via lea and the falls then therpmuir. On a loop. Kept it reasonably hill free. Protecting latexkinks ankle after tendon issues on the 1st of Jan..

Penicuik

Let’s try get a winter trek in before the midges arrive

I was out today in the Ochils, decided in the next month or 2 im going to walk from they Yeats of Muckhart to Stirling over the Ochils....before the midges arrive

"Great to see so may like minded walkers in Fab... we are just getting into it... not really done any munros as yet. But walk the Pentlands alot. 14k Saturday. Harlaw to Glencourse back via lea and the falls then therpmuir. On a loop. Kept it reasonably hill free. Protecting latexkinks ankle after tendon issues on the 1st of Jan.. "

Yes it is great to see lots of like minded folks. I am looking to get to the Pentlands next. I wouldn't go alone as I've no sense of direction and get lost a lot. I need to start challenging myself too. Though 2 years of suffering plantur faciitis is a challenge in itself. Great to know I share an interest. x

Download Festival

"Great to see so may like minded walkers in Fab... we are just getting into it... not really done any munros as yet. But walk the Pentlands alot. 14k Saturday. Harlaw to Glencourse back via lea and the falls then therpmuir. On a loop. Kept it reasonably hill free. Protecting latexkinks ankle after tendon issues on the 1st of Jan..

Yes it is great to see lots of like minded folks. I am looking to get to the Pentlands next. I wouldn't go alone as I've no sense of direction and get lost a lot. I need to start challenging myself too. Though 2 years of suffering plantur faciitis is a challenge in itself. Great to know I share an interest. x"

Latexkink has had two hours of planturs recently.. nightmare.. watching lots of videos and research on how to help it and cure it... he has managed to stem the tide for the moment... stretching, massage and strength excerises are working for him...

Download Festival

Bouts of... not hours.. predictive text

I’m up for joining lads

Love being out in the hills and would like to get more walks in this ear always on my own so would be nice to get into the hills with others.

Know my way around the pentlands well enough and have done a few munros,Ben Lomond,Ben lawyers and a few others plus I'm handy for the ochills.

By *elsbells2011Couple  over a year ago

fife

Definitely be up for being kept in the loop. Did a few Munros last year looking to do more this year. Be good to have a few others to keep up company

"Great to see so may like minded walkers in Fab... we are just getting into it... not really done any munros as yet. But walk the Pentlands alot. 14k Saturday. Harlaw to Glencourse back via lea and the falls then therpmuir. On a loop. Kept it reasonably hill free. Protecting latexkinks ankle after tendon issues on the 1st of Jan..

Yes it is great to see lots of like minded folks. I am looking to get to the Pentlands next. I wouldn't go alone as I've no sense of direction and get lost a lot. I need to start challenging myself too. Though 2 years of suffering plantur faciitis is a challenge in itself. Great to know I share an interest. x

Latexkink has had two hours of planturs recently.. nightmare.. watching lots of videos and research on how to help it and cure it... he has managed to stem the tide for the moment... stretching, massage and strength excerises are working for him..."

I use cushioned insoles and have a sheet of exercises from podiatry to do. I find for me calve strengthening and stretching is good, but finding the exercises on the sheet regularly relieves, but being on my feet a lot isn't helpful but necessary sadly. I don't think it'll ever go but has to be managed.

Would be interested in this. Been while since I've been hill walking and it's boring going on your own. Count me in

By *lbie6Man  over a year ago

glasgow

I enjoy hill walking love to join

Hi ive notbmet anyone on fab yet but love the outdoors. camping and fishing, can arrange what a camping and fishing trip. can drive the bus to and from the loch and have many tents. Also a first Aider and bit of a bear grills if thats your thing.

By *a_cplescotsCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh East

Count us in, please

I done the west highland way about 10 years ago great fun and done it over 5 days but word of warning be prepared for the midges if you do intend to do it but some Avon skin so soft x

By *eni_squaddieMan  over a year ago

midlothian

I’d be keen to come along too... it would certainly be different to the normal social events!

By *atVarrelMan  over a year ago

Pollock

id definitely be up for this as well

Download Festival

Looks like a fun little group developing.

By *ermahornMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Interested here. Bagged a few Munro’s last year and definitely got the bug!

Well since I attempted the west highland way and want to do more hill walks, I would be up for it, got no mates that like walking lol

By *mooth tongue 4uMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

I’d certainly be more than happy to join any hill walking group , plenty hills and costal paths nearby to cater for all

Keep me posted

Tom

By *heSofaDestroyersCouple  over a year ago

HereAndThere

We would be interested

By *acerguyMan  over a year ago

dundee

Interested definitely

By *cotsbikerMan  over a year ago

Perth,Perthshire,Tayside,Angus &fife

Just outside Perth not been up the hills for a while but looking to get back to exploring the great outdoors as only just moved here from north east Aberdeenshire coast .

Penicuik

Someone gonna take the reigns on this. Date and time and let’s get this moving

Interested too please add me on.

Looking for friends in the Edinburgh area for a social

R x

Interested too please add me on.

Looking for friends in the Edinburgh area for a social

R x

By *oconut10Man  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

I, too would be up for this.

There was a previous walking group. I don’t know if it’s still up and running but I soon left the Kik chat once I found it was merely another platform for guys to send cock pics and message you direct.

I would rather go out on my own or with friends I know.

"There was a previous walking group. I don’t know if it’s still up and running but I soon left the Kik chat once I found it was merely another platform for guys to send cock pics and message you direct.

I would rather go out on my own or with friends I know. "

You surely can't have been surprised at that

"There was a previous walking group. I don’t know if it’s still up and running but I soon left the Kik chat once I found it was merely another platform for guys to send cock pics and message you direct.

You surely can't have been surprised at that "

I know. Silly me eh! Doh!

By *ubbly2012Woman  over a year ago

inver somewhere

You surely can't have been surprised at that

I know. Silly me eh! Doh! "

The group is still going ... but we havent had a walk in a while....and no dick pics recently....

I’d be up for that .. done a few Munros and The WHW

By *ewnmaturesCouple  over a year ago

fife

Had wander over Bishop Hill & West Lomond today - absolutely beautiful ( and quiet) day??

By *etsplayagain69Man  over a year ago

prestwick

Anyone on the west coast up for this I go out every 2 weeks with a couple of non fabbers some good walks in the Galloway forest and some bothy fun would be good

By *un loverzCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Would be up for this when it’s warmer

By *xybumWoman  over a year ago

East Kilbride

I’m interested if there’s a west coast group! Walking only though!

I’m out most Saturdays on various parts of the east coast walk or the Lomond hills circular route, give me wave

Download Festival

Maybe not this weekend due to storms and stuff, but looking to the future a possible dates are 22nd 23rd Feb or 7th 8th March. lowland walk due to the time of year. Location to be decided. Think around 10k ish to allow everyone a chance because everyone will be different levels. Possible pub afterwards little food and drinks. What say yee?

By *otScot2930Man  over a year ago

Rothienorman

"Maybe not this weekend due to storms and stuff, but looking to the future a possible dates are 22nd 23rd Feb or 7th 8th March. lowland walk due to the time of year. Location to be decided. Think around 10k ish to allow everyone a chance because everyone will be different levels. Possible pub afterwards little food and drinks. What say yee?"

By *otScot2930Man  over a year ago

Rothienorman

"Maybe not this weekend due to storms and stuff, but looking to the future a possible dates are 22nd 23rd Feb or 7th 8th March. lowland walk due to the time of year. Location to be decided. Think around 10k ish to allow everyone a chance because everyone will be different levels. Possible pub afterwards little food and drinks. What say yee?"

what about doing the cobbler. nice short easy and any who want more can head up ben narnain after

"I’m out most Saturdays on various parts of the east coast walk or the Lomond hills circular route, give me wave "

I am too, I'll give you a wave then.

Thumbs up from me.

We could probably do 7th or 8th March. Let us know once confirmed as we'd need advanced notice. Thanks!

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

Could be good. This weekend I've restrained myself to getting out on my two wheels....

But when the weather improves a bit, I'm wanting to head up the cobbler or Ben a'an.

I wouldn't mind trekking up Glen coe too.i tried it before Xmas, but the windy snow made it too risky for my liking...

I'd be interested in this and will keep an eye out for updates

Would love meeting up , I'm in

midlothian

I’m keen to get involved! Will watch this thread to see if there are any updates!

"I would love to do the west highland way over 5days"

I did the WHW in 5 days last August, camped all the way, met some great people and cracking views.

Should do a fabbers WHW

Penicuik

We any closer to a confirmation of date time and place yet ?

We're now only free on Sunday 8th...

I'm good for the 8th aswell depending on whereabouts

Aberdeen

Sounds fun

Aberdeen

Let’s all do it together

Download Festival

Think we need to re charge this now that covid is demishing and phase2 is kicking in..

"Think we need to re charge this now that covid is demishing and phase2 is kicking in.."

Excellent, count me in.

We done Ben Arthur yesterday. All sunburned and sore today. It was very busy. Planning on doing Ben A’an or Ben Lomond next weekend depending on the weather

Though it may be difficult as still not encouraging travel over 5 miles yet. To avoid over crowding popular spots.

I would be very keen for this. I’ve done over 100 munros and would really enjoy a like minded group of people to do more with. I’m aberdeen based so mainly Cairngorms walking.

By *exy gentMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

Would really enjoy this also

By *unfyMan  over a year ago

NL

If a fab walking group is started I’d love to join Ive been walking a lot during lockdown and running out of ideas of where to go. Plus it would be cool to do a group.

This sounds a great idea!

midlothian

Watching this to see what gets arranged... a good walk is exactly what the doctor orders just now

Been out a few time but still finding most of the car parking places are closed.

Prob start reopening soon though.

midlothian

"Been out a few time but still finding most of the car parking places are closed.

Prob start reopening soon though. "

Where have you ventured too? X

I’m interested in going with a walking group .. where and when ?

I’m up for this man

Up for this too.

By *orders CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Kelso

Count me in. I love hillwalking and wild camping. Unfortunately my wife isn't so keen on it unless it's very gentle and involves glamping etc.

By *ist-erMan  over a year ago

Glasgow City Centre

I adore outdoors and nature so looking to go walking stay overnight any club invites would be welcome.

"We done Ben Arthur yesterday. All sunburned and sore today. It was very busy. Planning on doing Ben A’an or Ben Lomond next weekend depending on the weather"

Can I join you?

Sounds like a plan... Wee walk with like minded folks...

East coast this weekend for some walking.... and what gorgeous weather it is to.

I would love to get back up the hills its been years so yes i would be interested

We are interested x

Certainly something we’re looking to do. And hopefully meet likeminded couples for outdoor adventures

By *irth VaderMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Lady V and I were talking about needing to join a local walking group, but might be fun if it was like minded fabbers of bdsmers or both..."

I can see it now.

6pm news.

Hillwalkers rescued from Borders mountain and criticised for their lack of clothing. Mountain Rescue chief Hector McDonald said thigh high boots offered zero traction on the Scottish mountainside and he has now idea how anal beads and a fox tail but plug can keep you warm in a Scottish summer. The rescued people were said to be in good spirits and asked if they could join the half a mile high club in the rescue helicopter.

ThTs funny m8 made me giggle

I can see it now.

6pm news.

Hillwalkers rescued from Borders mountain and criticised for their lack of clothing. Mountain Rescue chief Hector McDonald said thigh high boots offered zero traction on the Scottish mountainside and he has now idea how anal beads and a fox tail but plug can keep you warm in a Scottish summer. The rescued people were said to be in good spirits and asked if they could join the half a mile high club in the rescue helicopter. "

Hilarious

By *heSofaDestroyersCouple  over a year ago

HereAndThere

Hope to be out next week in Galloway forest area

"Hope to be out next week in Galloway forest area "

Hello from the Galloway hills!

By *ommickMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Did any group ever get set up

Or even a running group

By *ruckfestMan  over a year ago

Bonnyrigg

Happy to go hill walking ,who's up for it ?

By *elsbells2011Couple  over a year ago

fife

We are definitely up for a walking group. We have a wee camper too so a wee night away and a jaunt up the hills could be fun

By *oldilox and the BearCouple  over a year ago

Scottish Borders

Doesn't look like it. Been a quiet thread until now pity.

I get out in the lomonds and ochils from time to time

If there's any in Glasgow I'd love to join. Scotland is a beautiful country and I've hardly seen any of it. Would love the chance to get out walking and see more.

Bonnyrigg

Anybody fancy a walk / hiking this Sunday ?

I'm based in Aberdeen and often go hill walking if any fabbers would be up for a potential future hike(s).

Try not to keep my walks to the north east, try to go further a field when I can.

December is a busy month so won't get out much, but will be out and about plenty come the new year.

By *4Fun11Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I would be up for joining. I travel all over so anywhere suits me.

By *onxxxxxxMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Yes please count me in, love the country side

I’d love this

By *helamontsCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Deffo up for this ...

Midlothian

Just seen an opportunity to do a yomp, 55 miles over 24hrs for charity next June, anyone game for it?

By *ervous69Man  over a year ago

Galashiels

Would really enjoy this, I was planning on doing Ben Lomond for a charity I was doing last year but a back issue made me have to cancel. Would also be nice to have a group of fellow countryside lovers to be part off.

Midlothian

I've not trained at all for 2 years, need to.lose 2st, so this is a good incentive for me

Bonnyrigg

[Removed by poster at 04/12/22 06:58:25]

By *cotsman75Man  over a year ago

North fife

I'm up for this. Need to challenge my fitness

Bonnyrigg

[Removed by poster at 04/12/22 08:34:09]

Bonnyrigg

Am up for that

Midlothian

Great, I'll get details on this platform this week,

By *atexbound_scotMan  over a year ago

Livingston

Need to get back into it and finish my munros (just over 200 done). So watching with interest.

This sounds right up my street, I need to get out walking again. I too have a campervan so can go further afield.

By *hiznick27Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'd be up for it

Midlothian

The Cateran yomp, Blairgowrie, 3-4th June 2023, 24hrs/ 55miles, there is option of leas miles, camp overnight, early start in the morning and finish back at the start, have a rest in your tent and then home

Edinburgh

New pair of hill walking shoes from Santa ... cannae wait tae get them muddy ...

Love a good walk ! We are spoiled with options in Ayrshire

Midlothian

Looking in to this and I'll start pentlands next year

Edinburgh

"Looking in to this and I'll start pentlands next year "

That's the plan here as well ...

By *mooth tongue 4uMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Looking in to this and I'll start pentlands next year

That's the plan here as well ... "

Love to stride out over the hills chatting to you both

By *ummerfield94Man  over a year ago

falkirk

I love going out walking especially when I find good places and I can take my dog with me.

Company always makes it better

By *omble 69Man  over a year ago

Symington

Very interested in this

Love outdoors and walking in this beautiful country

There's a mixed walking group but there's only 10 members left. I've messaged them about people joining and starting arranging walks again

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Best way is to start a Telegram or WhatsApp group and start arranging walks., weather dependent of course. Bearing in mind different abilities and experience.

Everyone is responsible for their own safety and equipment. I’m hoping to go walking next year once I get my knees sorted.

By *os Amantes 22Couple  over a year ago

sexy lane

I'm interested for January

Midlothian

That's the plan here as well ... "

I'm mainly looking at early Sunday mornings at the flotterstone Inn

Defo up for this. Love a good hill walk

Edinburgh

I'm mainly looking at early Sunday mornings at the flotterstone Inn "

Can do Sunday mornings here ...

Midlothian

I'm mainly looking at early Sunday mornings at the flotterstone Inn

Can do Sunday mornings here ... "

Fantastic, let's get the new year over with, and we can make arrangements

Sunday mornings are good for me also

By *aptain BrubakerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

This is a great idea, hopefully you'll accept a weegie

By *unRunFun7965Man  over a year ago

Pittsburgh

Traveling to Scotland soon. I am an avid hiker. I would be very interested!

Midlothian

Is everyone quite happy with the pentland Hills, I'm very unfit

I'm having dental issues this now but once it's treated I'm good with the Pentlands

By *rthurseatMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Hi, been following this thread for some time, but couldn't respond because I wasn't verified (now corrected). I'd be keen to join. Pentlands Sunday AM is good for me -- will get me out of bed! I'd prefer start points accessible by public transport.

Did anyone see Grace on the Chase tonight, from Edinburgh and loves to disappear into the hills walking and camping

would love to disappear with her for a few nights.

happy to join you guys, male or female for walks in the hills and forests

Edinburgh

"Is everyone quite happy with the pentland Hills, I'm very unfit "

Better to use the Pentlands to build up your fitness before moving to the more challenging stuff, that's my plan ...

By *ourpleasuretoyMan  over a year ago

east lothian

very intrested nice get fit and meet people off here

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I'm mainly looking at early Sunday mornings at the flotterstone Inn "

Scald Law? I did this a couple of years ago and couple of peaks behind it. Was a brilliant walk.

Lomond hills in fife are a great start for fifers, Perthshire and Taysiders if anyone fancies an initial meet and the east Lomond has a perfect carpark half way in hill, very remote and quiet

Pittsburgh

Traveling to Scotland soon. Really hoping to get some long distance hiking in. The Scottish countryside looks so beautiful in photos.

I'm just back from the Ochils, great day for 3-4 hour jaunt taking in 4 summits

By *utdooryoneMan  over a year ago

Over there

"I'm just back from the Ochils, great day for 3-4 hour jaunt taking in 4 summits "

I would have been waving at you from the hills to the North.

Stunning day to be out.

By *utdooryoneMan  over a year ago

Over there

"Traveling to Scotland soon. Really hoping to get some long distance hiking in. The Scottish countryside looks so beautiful in photos."

Where in Scotland? It's a big old place to travel around, perhaps we can suggest a route or hills?

[Removed by poster at 02/01/23 17:12:55]

"I'm just back from the Ochils, great day for 3-4 hour jaunt taking in 4 summits

Stunning day to be out."

The hills in the north looked stunning from where I was

Pittsburgh

[Removed by poster at 02/01/23 17:26:34]

Pittsburgh

"I'm just back from the Ochils, great day for 3-4 hour jaunt taking in 4 summits

Stunning day to be out.

The hills in the north looked stunning from where I was "

Around how many miles did you hike?

Stunning day to be out.

Around how many miles did you hike?"

It was a 10 mile hike, Glen Sherup horseshoe walk

Pittsburgh

Stunning day to be out.

Around how many miles did you hike?

It was a 10 mile hike, Glen Sherup horseshoe walk "

Great workout!

It was, I got round it in 3 hours

Pittsburgh

"It was, I got round it in 3 hours "

A favorite workout I do is hike a up a long hill and then run down and repeat the process sometimes for a couple of hours. I love the hills!

Midlothian

Not very fit just now, but I'm a determined bugger, target is 23rd June, a 24hr , 55mile yomp in Blairgowrie for charity

"It was, I got round it in 3 hours

A favorite workout I do is hike a up a long hill and then run down and repeat the process sometimes for a couple of hours. I love the hills!"

I'm no that keen, I only do it about 3 or 4 times a year lol

Pittsburgh

I’m out on the trails everyday. A lot easier on the legs than asphalt.

Pittsburgh

"Not very fit just now, but I'm a determined bugger, target is 23rd June, a 24hr , 55mile yomp in Blairgowrie for charity "

I’ve done fifty miles a few years ago. It was really tough, but still a good time.

"I’m out on the trails everyday. A lot easier on the legs than asphalt."

It sure is, I don't purposely keep fit.

By *allMeWilliamMan  over a year ago

glasgow

I’d be keen to join

Looking to potentially do Ben Chonzie on Sunday if anyone is keen?

Edinburgh

"Looking to potentially do Ben Chonzie on Sunday if anyone is keen?"

Hoping to get hill fit in the next few months before trying a Munro here.

By *aughkingMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Very interested

By *andj17Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

That woukd be amazing xx