FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Going solo

Going solo

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So been wondering n considering maybe doing a city break

Thing is I'd be going alone

Never done a solo trip like this before, flown myself loads but never actually a holiday

So good idea or not????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *smodeousMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen/perth

I dont see why not. Nothing wrong with escaping yourself. Just dont be going anywhere like the jungle !

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I am off to Poland alone this year. Booked hotel near main square so not much travelling to do. Will walk miles, do a few excursions and hopefully meet up with some nice people to share a beer and chat with.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Been to Germany n seen places I wanted to see

At that time when I had the misses she came later on as we went to France.

I do them all the time, love travelling alone in fact most experiences I prefer to try things alone first and then have someone share again if I want to, skiing, biking, flying, climbing, abseiling, visiting new places everything I wanna try I like to do on my own and then decide d if I want to keep it to myself or have someone share it with me, perhaps it's because I've looked forward to so many things over the years and the people I've been woth have spoiled the first time experiences for me

Nothing worse you've been so excited to try a new restaurant and you take someone else they moan about the prices the food the menu anything they can, you really enjoyed it but would have enjoyed it better if they weren't there complaining lol

I be going to New York later in the year by myself

So looking forward to it

It only occurred to me reading this thread that I've never been on holiday by myself. Trying to imagine what that would be like and can't!

Glasgow

"It only occurred to me reading this thread that I've never been on holiday by myself. Trying to imagine what that would be like and can't!

"

It is idyllic. Perfect peace and a great way to unwind from the stresses of life.

By *elly72Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

I go away myself when I can manage it it’s the only time I get a break

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Currently looking sideways at a small campervan purchase for this purpose. Road trip alone.

I’m not tight but I do get pissed off at the single person hotel tax imposed by most. And partly for that reason not done a “holiday” alone as yet. (Have grown kids that are great company but they are now doing their own thing).

By *xybumWoman  over a year ago

East Kilbride

I’ve been away alone and loved it! You don’t need to please anyone else, aslong as your fine in your own company you will be good.

Glasgow

"Currently looking sideways at a small campervan purchase for this purpose. Road trip alone.

I’m not tight but I do get pissed off at the single person hotel tax imposed by most. And partly for that reason not done a “holiday” alone as yet. (Have grown kids that are great company but they are now doing their own thing). "

No single person hotel tax for me this year for either holiday as i booked in advance and got a single room. Downside being i have a single bed but at least i saved alot of money.

"Currently looking sideways at a small campervan purchase for this purpose. Road trip alone. "

I’ve thought about this so many times. Maybe one day.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Love my holidays alone your only as alone as you want to be everyone else is on holiday to I'd dread going with someone else I think

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow & Surrounds

Always travel alone now.

Christmas and New Year in Spain.

London for the Fetish Weekend

Assorted weekend breaks where and when I like.

Yip. Do it. Time doesnt stand still because you are single and there is a big world out there to explore. Do lots of travelling on my own and doesnt bother me one bit. Better than looking at the four walls.

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow & Surrounds

"Currently looking sideways at a small campervan purchase for this purpose. Road trip alone.

I’m not tight but I do get pissed off at the single person hotel tax imposed by most. And partly for that reason not done a “holiday” alone as yet. (Have grown kids that are great company but they are now doing their own thing). "

Rent a flat. Hotels are so last decade.

Glasgow

I’m not tight but I do get pissed off at the single person hotel tax imposed by most. And partly for that reason not done a “holiday” alone as yet. (Have grown kids that are great company but they are now doing their own thing).

Rent a flat. Hotels are so last decade."

I feel safer as a single female in hotels

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

Poland in April alone.

I have had many holidays abroad over the last 8 years,travelling alone and great experience and surprising who you bump into

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Its brill mate, your your own boss

"So been wondering n considering maybe doing a city break

Thing is I'd be going alone

Never done a solo trip like this before, flown myself loads but never actually a holiday

So good idea or not???? "

I'd love to have the guts to go travelling myself

"I'd love to have the guts to go travelling myself "

I've travelled to odd places solo with work so it's not the guts I think I'm lacking. I just can't imagine not having friends, partner, etc to share mutual nostalgia with about the trip.

Face it, none of us want to hear a holiday report from a solo traveller

Rent a flat. Hotels are so last decade."

I do all inclusive holidays for me are to be lazy and waited on hand and foot lol

All inclusive is best but dont do solo holidays, i like to share fun times and see new places with my kids and hubby. Nothing beats running after grandkids lol

I could easily meet lovely people abroad but the idea of travelling alone and on holiday alone sounds a bit boring to me, probably because i have never done it alone before.

Glasgow

"All inclusive is best but dont do solo holidays, i like to share fun times and see new places with my kids and hubby. Nothing beats running after grandkids lol

I could easily meet lovely people abroad but the idea of travelling alone and on holiday alone sounds a bit boring to me, probably because i have never done it alone before. "

Not boring at all. When i split with my partner i decided not to tag along with friends (who are all married) or be a burden on my children. I wanted to go places i wanted to go to not just go where they had booked. The freedom of being able to do what you want is unbeatable and i always come back totally recharged.

"I'd love to have the guts to go travelling myself

I've travelled to odd places solo with work so it's not the guts I think I'm lacking. I just can't imagine not having friends, partner, etc to share mutual nostalgia with about the trip.

Face it, none of us want to hear a holiday report from a solo traveller "

That's just you

By *othighlander2Man  over a year ago

North Inverness

love packing the tent on back of motorbike and just buggering off somewhere...obviously keeping a close look at the "see who's near" button..

Its something I've thought about often. But not had the courage to do yet. I like my own space and think it would be good to get away from everything

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

Was in Belfast last month and had a blast meeting and yapping with loads. Looking for a wee Amsterdam trip in the next couple of months.

» Add a new message to this topic