FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Orange order

Orange order

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I guess this is a blessing from the coronavirus- no orange or republican marches this year !!!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Indeed....

Agreed

By *mudg3rMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

No FLU - te bands?

Sorry. Not my best.

About time they were banned anyway

Every cloud!

Disgusting

By *an from UncleMan  over a year ago

ml1

"About time they were banned anyway"
well I understand what your saying I'm an Atheist but do you want to ban everyone who you disagree with if so well bang goes your free speech

I have no argument with rallies and marches per se

The Orange Order are marching in celebration of what was an attempt at mass genocide in Ireland.

He tried it again in SCOTLAND in late 1691.

Only one chieftain and his kinfolk were massacred because of it

About time Scottish people were educated in what actually happened in the late 17th Century and was still happening over in Ireland during Thatchers reign

ml1

As opposed to Republicans who promote the IRA etc you see if you stop one Rally March etc to suit a point of view you need to stop them all ie Greenpeace, Gay Pride etc iv no time for religion or petty preduces but unfortunately i need to put up with them in order to allow free speech

Nope.

Anything promoting hate should be stopped.

ml1

Ok start with Cetic Rangers games also Denominational Schools and who decidedes what's hate and what's difference of opinion Councillors MSPs

Why schools and football marches?

The thread was about sectarian marches?

Marches that bring hate and sometimes violence.

Marches that stop traffic and closed shops when they are happening.

ml1

Because The Rangers Celtic and separate schools are a breeding ground for hatred but that's just my opinion which will differ from others the Orange Order and The Hibs Order will argue their protecting the heritage and once you start banning marches rallys etc because you dont agree you then no longer have a free state

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"Because The Rangers Celtic and separate schools are a breeding ground for hatred but that's just my opinion which will differ from others the Orange Order and The Hibs Order will argue their protecting the heritage and once you start banning marches rallys etc because you dont agree you then no longer have a free state "

As you say everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if they are generally wrong and using a very small percentage of people to blanket all people of that group.

Freedom of speech is 1 thing.

100s of people singing about killing people is another.

Sectarianism will only stop in the home.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"Freedom of speech is 1 thing.

Sectarianism will only stop in the home."

100% agree

Make all schools Catholic and it ends the segregated schools debate

ml1

"Because The Rangers Celtic and separate schools are a breeding ground for hatred but that's just my opinion which will differ from others the Orange Order and The Hibs Order will argue their protecting the heritage and once you start banning marches rallys etc because you dont agree you then no longer have a free state

As you say everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if they are generally wrong and using a very small percentage of people to blanket all people of that group."

Small percentage there are thousands of kids separated in different schools and thousands travel from all over Scotland and further away to support Rangers and Celtic when they have local teams that need their support so nothing to do with football if you want to stop bigotry and hatred you need to start at grass roots anyway I'm no falling out with anyone over this I'm away to make a daisy chain out of butter cups peace n love

By *ilveryFoxMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"I guess this is a blessing from the coronavirus- no orange or republican marches this year !!!!!"

Agreed! Ban them both!!

By *awhide69Man  over a year ago

ayr

"No FLU - te bands?

Sorry. Not my best. "

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

I agreed.

Ireland/northern Ireland plan to have Paddy's day on the 12th July

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"I have no argument with rallies and marches per se

The Orange Order are marching in celebration of what was an attempt at mass genocide in Ireland.

He tried it again in SCOTLAND in late 1691.

Only one chieftain and his kinfolk were massacred because of it

About time Scottish people were educated in what actually happened in the late 17th Century and was still happening over in Ireland during Thatchers reign "

I agree that many just seem to follow like sheep without knowing the history but it still doesn’t excuse the bigoted behaviour many show in everyday life.

By *yrshiremischiefMan  over a year ago

Kilmarnock

"Because The Rangers Celtic and separate schools are a breeding ground for hatred but that's just my opinion which will differ from others the Orange Order and The Hibs Order will argue their protecting the heritage and once you start banning marches rallys etc because you dont agree you then no longer have a free state

As you say everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if they are generally wrong and using a very small percentage of people to blanket all people of that group.Small percentage there are thousands of kids separated in different schools and thousands travel from all over Scotland and further away to support Rangers and Celtic when they have local teams that need their support so nothing to do with football if you want to stop bigotry and hatred you need to start at grass roots anyway I'm no falling out with anyone over this I'm away to make a daisy chain out of butter cups peace n love"

Daisy chains aren't made out of Buttercups - they're made out of... Nice sentiments though.

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

As you say everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if they are generally wrong and using a very small percentage of people to blanket all people of that group.Small percentage there are thousands of kids separated in different schools and thousands travel from all over Scotland and further away to support Rangers and Celtic when they have local teams that need their support so nothing to do with football if you want to stop bigotry and hatred you need to start at grass roots anyway I'm no falling out with anyone over this I'm away to make a daisy chain out of butter cups peace n love"

Sure this has been answered before but why is the separate schools debate only an issue in Scotland, other countries seem to have no problem with this, so is there another underlying reason for it springing up time and again? Bigotry begins in the home, unless you could point out which part of the schools curriculum promotes or teaches sectarianism.

Also a lot of football supporters travel from all over the country or from abroad to watch their favourite team because their fathers took them as kids and they became attached to that team over time, bigotry is the furthest thing from their mind.

By *amaraBeaverbankWoman  over a year ago

Benidorm Spain

Sadly this is more prevalent in the west of Scotland, but definitely touches us all.

Bigotry is a learned behaviour and too many dinosaurs are still teaching their kids that the opposite religion is something to hate.

I have no issue with people of faith practicing their religion but the one thing that every religion teaches is love thy neighbour, not hate them cos they have a different faith.

I wish those who oftentimes aren’t even religious, would stop using this as an excuse to breed hatred.

We all bleed, we all breath and we all go for a dump.

I'd say those that spout bigotry dont even go to church/chapel

ml1

As you say everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if they are generally wrong and using a very small percentage of people to blanket all people of that group.Small percentage there are thousands of kids separated in different schools and thousands travel from all over Scotland and further away to support Rangers and Celtic when they have local teams that need their support so nothing to do with football if you want to stop bigotry and hatred you need to start at grass roots anyway I'm no falling out with anyone over this I'm away to make a daisy chain out of butter cups peace n love

Sure this has been answered before but why is the separate schools debate only an issue in Scotland, other countries seem to have no problem with this, so is there another underlying reason for it springing up time and again? Bigotry begins in the home, unless you could point out which part of the schools curriculum promotes or teaches sectarianism.

Also a lot of football supporters travel from all over the country or from abroad to watch their favourite team because their fathers took them as kids and they became attached to that team over time, bigotry is the furthest thing from their mind. "

its not on the curriculum it's a consequence of separating kids into tribes as for fathers talking their kids would a dad take his kid to boxing club in Glasgow every week if he moved fifty miles away just because that's the one he went to it's just away to keep the bigotry going because that's how they were brought up instead of stopping it and starving the Orange Order and the other lot of recruiting

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

And this consequence (separating into tribes) occurs in other countries that have rc schools, but no mention of sectarian and/or religious intolerance. Why is it always an issue in Scotland?

Not sure you're boxing analogy holds up, football is a completely different er, ball game.

Celebrating one thing doesn’t mean you have a hatred for something else

The definition of bigotry is an intolerance to those that hold difference of opinions to oneself. Seems like there’s a bit of intolerance on this thread.

It doesn’t matter what side, if any, I show support to but driving religious groups off the streets and forcing them underground has never worked in the past. Live and let live, if this means I have to accept something I don’t agree with then so be it. If there’s a march, parade or protest on I can avoid it like I do with other things I don’t want to be part of.

By *xXgemmaXxXCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"And this consequence (separating into tribes) occurs in other countries that have rc schools, but no mention of sectarian and/or religious intolerance. Why is it always an issue in Scotland?

Not sure you're boxing analogy holds up, football is a completely different er, ball game. "

I totally agree children don’t learn intolerance at school it comes from in the most part intolerant parents. My kids have been brought up to treat everyone regardless of race, religion, sexuality, disabilities with respect. They have friends in our street who attend different schools both non Dom and catholic but there is no issues aside from the normal childhood fallouts, Blaming schools is a lazy argument in my opinion

By *yrdsisWoman  over a year ago

Gleam Street

I generally say live and let live.. but the parade goes past my house and terrifies the dogs. I got a noise complaint from the police last year for blasting Slayer in my own house... to try to drown out the drums that upset my pups.... it will be blasted every time the walk happens

By *intage74Couple  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

OO is a racist organisation

Fact

Strict rules you must be from the Protestant religion to pass the joining criteria

You cannot join of your a Muslim

You cannot join if a RC

I don’t make up the rules but In a multicultural society we should not be judging people on faith creed or sexuality

In years to come hopefully it will be phased out but certainly hard liners wanting it to pass to the next generation

Rather sad

By *oppolocosTV/TS  over a year ago

inverurie

Luckily don't get them up this way, but it's appalling that this shit goes on anywhere. Bunch of knuckle dragging saddoes needing a life and clinging on to lies and propoganda based on the shite that is religion.

I bet they still march.

"OO is a racist organisation

Fact

Strict rules you must be from the Protestant religion to pass the joining criteria

You cannot join of your a Muslim

You cannot join if a RC

I don’t make up the rules but In a multicultural society we should not be judging people on faith creed or sexuality

In years to come hopefully it will be phased out but certainly hard liners wanting it to pass to the next generation

Rather sad

"

True it is a racist/sectarian organisation built on the premise of eradicating Roman Catholicism

In the words of the great Glasgow comedian Jerry sadowtiz:

"fuck the queen and fuck the pope ,strangle them with Julian cope"

By *gag001Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Freedom of speech is 1 thing.

Sectarianism will only stop in the home.

100% agree

Make all schools Catholic and it ends the segregated schools debate "

We already have state paid Non Denominational schools for all/any faiths

ml1

"Celebrating one thing doesn’t mean you have a hatred for something else

The definition of bigotry is an intolerance to those that hold difference of opinions to oneself. Seems like there’s a bit of intolerance on this thread.

It doesn’t matter what side, if any, I show support to but driving religious groups off the streets and forcing them underground has never worked in the past. Live and let live, if this means I have to accept something I don’t agree with then so be it. If there’s a march, parade or protest on I can avoid it like I do with other things I don’t want to be part of. "

as above

By *ubkidMan  over a year ago

University

"I guess this is a blessing from the coronavirus- no orange or republican marches this year !!!!!"

When you live in Belfast, you’re delighted not to hear the Orange tunes and sectarian chants. Coronavirus is dreadful, but thank fab for small blessing!

» Add a new message to this topic