FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Comfortably numb...

Comfortably numb...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ering Sea OP   Man  over a year ago

Penicuik

Off licenses added to the UK’s essential retailer list.

Thoughts ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maddness

If the pubs and restaurants are closed it makes sense, you have remember there are people out there with alcohol addiction so need there fix too

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

No i think it is wrong. Plenty shops already open where you can buy booze so opening off licenses is just putting more folk at risk.

I think maybe the thinking is to reduce some traffic in the supermarkets

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

All the corner shops sell booze and most are open.

All down to the economy

Speaks voulmes about us really, doesn't it...

By *exmadcouple42Couple  over a year ago

Home

I was in mccolls earlier today and noticed whilst waiting in que (2 metres apart) that they have notices on the alcohol section.

Its says "Due to high demand we have limited this item to 2 per customer. " some says 1 bottle or 1 pk of 4 per customer. Anyone else seen this?

Anyway then heard raised voices, guy freaking out coz hes trying to limit coming to the shop more than once but was refused point blank to purchase a bottle and 4 cans . Guy calms down eventually then went to pay for bottle only with cash and cashier refused, said can't take money as we aren't allowed to touch money, contact less or card only. Well he was raging and que was miles long so social distancing was not applying here, everyone nosey buggers, getting closer to see the camotion , cashier and guy just kept arguing, manager came through and arguing with guy both cashier and manager wearing surgical gloves btw and just refused to take cash, Pure panicked and shop full. So I just said I'd pay with my card and guy handed over money. I had gloves on and mouth nose covered. No one else did though breathing and talking about what was going on. I'd think shouting at each other would pass germs more than handing over money to someone wearing cloves. It could have been avoided.

Anyway got home, money been wiped with antibacterial wipes and checked the local mcColls announcement on local community notices and its true not takeing cash at all due to prevention of passing germs?????

What I saw was a bloody shop full and no one sticking to 2 metre distance rule, so I can see this being a normal occurance and people getting pissed off as some older people don't have accounts they have post office account and can't pay by card.

That was a stressful run to shop.

By *exmadcouple42Couple  over a year ago

Home

"I was in mccolls earlier today and noticed whilst waiting in que (2 metres apart) that they have notices on the alcohol section.

Its says "Due to high demand we have limited this item to 2 per customer. " some says 1 bottle or 1 pk of 4 per customer. Anyone else seen this?

Anyway then heard raised voices, guy freaking out coz hes trying to limit coming to the shop more than once but was refused point blank to purchase a bottle and 4 cans . Guy calms down eventually then went to pay for bottle only with cash and cashier refused, said can't take money as we aren't allowed to touch money, contact less or card only. Well he was raging and que was miles long so social distancing was not applying here, everyone nosey buggers, getting closer to see the camotion , cashier and guy just kept arguing, manager came through and arguing with guy both cashier and manager wearing surgical gloves btw and just refused to take cash, Pure panicked and shop full. So I just said I'd pay with my card and guy handed over money. I had gloves on and mouth nose covered. No one else did though breathing and talking about what was going on. I'd think shouting at each other would pass germs more than handing over money to someone wearing cloves. It could have been avoided.

Anyway got home, money been wiped with antibacterial wipes and checked the local mcColls announcement on local community notices and its true not takeing cash at all due to prevention of passing germs?????

What I saw was a bloody shop full and no one sticking to 2 metre distance rule, so I can see this being a normal occurance and people getting pissed off as some older people don't have accounts they have post office account and can't pay by card.

"

Passing virus

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"I was in mccolls earlier today and noticed whilst waiting in que (2 metres apart) that they have notices on the alcohol section.

"

Good on you, I would have done the same, as you’re right not everyone will have contactless and some people will have lifted their money out of the bank through habit so won’t have money left in their account.

I think we also need to be mindful that there are people with learning disabilities or brain injuries that will not fully understand what is going on no matter how many times you explain it. They just don’t have that capacity to retain this info.

"Off licenses added to the UK’s essential retailer list.

Thoughts ? "

I'll drink to that (on skype with my friends )

Penicuik

Thoughts ?

I'll drink to that (on skype with my friends )"

I make my own beer, wine, cider and porter so have upped production ready for my HMRC stint on furloughed

Thoughts ?

I make my own beer, wine, cider and porter so have upped production ready for my HMRC stint on furloughed "

Jeeze that’s like a small business you have lol

Penicuik

Thoughts ?

I make my own beer, wine, cider and porter so have upped production ready for my HMRC stint on furloughed

Jeeze that’s like a small business you have lol "

Sampling tours available

» Add a new message to this topic