FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Exercising dogs AND humans part 2

Exercising dogs AND humans part 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ering Sea OP   Man  over a year ago

Penicuik

THIS is the actual legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2020/103/regulation/8/made

If anyone tries to tell you once a day simply point them to the actual legislation.

Your welcome

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"THIS is the actual legislation.

If anyone tries to tell you once a day simply point them to the actual legislation.

Your welcome "

Thank you.x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Shocker ehe

Glasgow

Hopefully the apologies will flood in.

Mybes hes out back with his tortoise

"Hopefully the apologies will flood in."

Certainly not , Thx for that Berrington.

5 f traveling I think you have already admitted the offence of wrongfull use of travelling to take your dogs for a shit

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

[Removed by poster at 29/03/20 20:48:25]

Central Borders

"Hopefully the apologies will flood in."

Doubt it

Your welcome "

You asked for the law, 5 F my friend

Penicuik

I draw particular attention to the aforementioned

(a)to obtain basic necessities, including food and medical supplies for those in the same household (including any pets or animals in the household) or for a vulnerable person and supplies for the essential upkeep, maintenance and functioning of the household or the household of a vulnerable person, or to obtain money,

(b)to take exercise, either alone or with other members of their household,

(c)to seek medical assistance, including to access any of the services referred to in paragraph 37 or 38 of schedule 1,

(d)to provide care or assistance to a vulnerable person, including to provide emergency assistance,

(e)to donate blood,

(f)to travel for the purposes of work or to provide voluntary or charitable services, where it is not reasonably possible for that person to work, or to provide those services, from the place where they are living,

(g)to attend a funeral of—

(i)a member of the person’s household,

(ii)a close family member, or

(iii)if no-one within sub-paragraphs (i) or (ii) are attending, a friend,

At no time does it say ONCE a day.

By *ayRosesWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I draw particular attention to the aforementioned

(a)to obtain basic necessities, including food and medical supplies for those in the same household (including any pets or animals in the household) or for a vulnerable person and supplies for the essential upkeep, maintenance and functioning of the household or the household of a vulnerable person, or to obtain money,

(c)to seek medical assistance, including to access any of the services referred to in paragraph 37 or 38 of schedule 1,

(d)to provide care or assistance to a vulnerable person, including to provide emergency assistance,

(e)to donate blood,

(f)to travel for the purposes of work or to provide voluntary or charitable services, where it is not reasonably possible for that person to work, or to provide those services, from the place where they are living,

"

Did we not both say that in the other thread

Glasgow

"Hopefully the apologies will flood in.

5 f traveling I think you have already admitted the offence of wrongfull use of travelling to take your dogs for a shit

"

Oh no not a shit. My dogs are quite able to shit in the garden. I take my dogs out to burn off energy, pee up trees, chase squirrals, run after a ball, swim in the Clyde and smell different smells. I take it you have never had a dog maybe you should consider getting one. Fantastic soulmates.

Penicuik

Your welcome

Thank you.x"

Nae bother

Edinburgh

In fact, I'm fairly sure it says reasonable dog walking as well

(e)to donate blood,

"

We already clarified that on the original thread, not law , the original point was multiple unnecessary venturing out for dogs to have a shit. I'm guessing bluebell is now going to stop breaking the legislation now she has it in black and white.

Glasgow

(e)to donate blood,

We already clarified that on the original thread, not law , the original point was multiple unnecessary venturing out for dogs to have a shit. I'm guessing bluebell is now going to stop breaking the legislation now she has it in black and white."

Nope

Penicuik

(e)to donate blood,

Did we not both say that in the other thread "

Yes, but unfortunately some users pertain to still give false information to others.

It needs to stop now or I’ll continue to draw attention that their talking nonsense.

Penicuik

(e)to donate blood,

We already clarified that on the original thread, not law , the original point was multiple unnecessary venturing out for dogs to have a shit. I'm guessing bluebell is now going to stop breaking the legislation now she has it in black and white."

If she’s taking her dogs out in a reasonable manner the fact they shit matters not and is actively encouraged.

(e)to donate blood,

Did we not both say that in the other thread

Yes, but unfortunately some users pertain to still give false information to others.

It needs to stop now or I’ll continue to draw attention that their talking nonsense. "

We enjoy talking poppycock though

"In fact, I'm fairly sure it says reasonable dog walking as well"

Edinburgh

And again...

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others-social-distancing/

Staying at home

You should only leave the house for very limited purposes, for example:

for basic necessities, such as food and medicine. Trips must be as infrequent as possible

daily exercise, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household

to ensure basic animal welfare needs are met, including taking dogs out when necessary

any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person

travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home

These reasons are exceptions - even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.

These measures must be followed by everyone

By *exmadcouple42Couple  over a year ago

Home

And you will be aware that Boris has right of say in this legislation which he has said to all "live". Reduce going out only where necessary . Stay at home and save lives.

That legislation will not be changed or updated until the review.

Penicuik

But, BUT once ONCE where does it say once ?

He’s on the auld dog and bone video conferencing bojo to add another amendment in the emergency legislation

Penicuik

"And you will be aware that Boris has right of say in this legislation which he has said to all "live". Reduce going out only where necessary . Stay at home and save lives.

That legislation will not be changed or updated until the review. "

Actually the court of justice has, as bojo has found out already

Home

"

He’s on the auld dog and bone video conferencing bojo to add another amendment in the emergency legislation "

Fact more and more people dieing says it all, what people are still doing clearly isn't working, so need to all bloody follow rules, stay at home.

If anyone needs to go out, wear fucking gloves face mask and protect everyone .

Can argue all uz want but fact is too many people are dying and still some want to go about as normal, When things aren't bloody normal. Just wait till full lock down then all will be wishing it didn't get to that.

Home

"And you will be aware that Boris has right of say in this legislation which he has said to all "live". Reduce going out only where necessary . Stay at home and save lives.

Actually the court of justice has, as bojo has found out already "

And the court of justice is going to refuse to change it with how serious it has become. Very much doubt it.

By *exicolaMan  over a year ago

West Lothian

I believe the original post is what you call a smackdown.

Glasgow

"

He’s on the auld dog and bone video conferencing bojo to add another amendment in the emergency legislation

Fact more and more people dieing says it all, what people are still doing clearly isn't working, so need to all bloody follow rules, stay at home.

Can argue all uz want but fact is too many people are dying and still some want to go about as normal, When things aren't bloody normal. Just wait till full lock down then all will be wishing it didn't get to that.

"

People in full lock down in Italy are still dying. You could be in full lock down with carriers of the virus. This is the scarey part.

West Lothian

"

People in full lock down in Italy are still dying. You could be in full lock down with carriers of the virus. This is the scarey part."

Aye and they are still allowed to walk their dogs, as is their right

Penicuik

Actually the court of justice has, as bojo has found out already

And the court of justice is going to refuse to change it with how serious it has become. Very much doubt it. "

You risk civil unrest if politicians aren’t kept in check. Don’t even start me on the tories and their handling of all this.

Penicuik

"I believe the original post is what you call a smackdown. "

Just gets on my tits folks peddling lies.

In uncertain times folk need comfort and reassurance.

West Lothian

"I believe the original post is what you call a smackdown.

In uncertain times folk need comfort and reassurance. "

Yep know the feeling. Had the same arguments on the original thread.

Penicuik

"Mybes hes out back with his tortoise "

I missed this one

Glasgow

"

People in full lock down in Italy are still dying. You could be in full lock down with carriers of the virus. This is the scarey part.

Aye and they are still allowed to walk their dogs, as is their right "

Indeed. Much safer than shopping in a supermarket

Home

"I believe the original post is what you call a smackdown.

In uncertain times folk need comfort and reassurance. "

Absolutely but risk and prevention trumps normality at this very moment

"

"

The reason that's still allowed is to save folks starving

Glasgow

"

The reason that's still allowed is to save folks starving "

Panic buying stops people starving?. Supermarkets are the only way to buy food?. I think not?

Not again hahaha

When it was said on the original post that you should let your dog shite on a plastic sheet in your house then that’s when I knew I wasn’t debating with someone that had any understanding of dogs, dog owners or the government advice

I’ve got one tired dog tonight. He was out a 5 mile walk which took an hour and a half, hope no one reports me. No car involved this time though

Penicuik

"Not again hahaha

When it was said on the original post that you should let your dog shite on a plastic sheet in your house then that’s when I knew I wasn’t debating with someone that had any understanding of dogs, dog owners or the government advice

I’ve got one tired dog tonight. He was out a 5 mile walk which took an hour and a half, hope no one reports me. No car involved this time though "

Your fine he’s out back walking his tortoise

Home

No one says don't walk your dog but if u have a garden, let it run about in garden and only go out walks if ur heading to shop 2 in one.

Our kids who would normally go to school 5 days a week are now house bound and having to stay indoors, it's not fair for them either but it has to be done.

And if we do that then we can all eat our dogs.

Problem solved right?

"Not again hahaha

I’ve got one tired dog tonight. He was out a 5 mile walk which took an hour and a half, hope no one reports me. No car involved this time though

Your fine he’s out back walking his tortoise "

Can his tortoise not shit in a plastic sheet in the house? Then you take it to the bin the next day as your only allowed 1 walk to your wheelie bin, while your going to the shops and doing your daily exercise. 3 for the price of 1

"

Panic buying stops people starving?. Supermarkets are the only way to buy food?. I think not?"

Why mention panic buying? We've done that to death already

There aren't enough corner shops/butchers/bakers/grocers to adequately feed a nation

Aw fuck is this still going

Some. Folk just canny

https://youtu.be/moSFlvxnbgk

Glasgow

"No one says don't walk your dog but if u have a garden, let it run about in garden and only go out walks if ur heading to shop 2 in one.

Our kids who would normally go to school 5 days a week are now house bound and having to stay indoors, it's not fair for them either but it has to be done.

"

Not done where i live. Kids are having a ball with their extended holidays and not alone by the Clyde.

Glasgow

"

Panic buying stops people starving?. Supermarkets are the only way to buy food?. I think not?

There aren't enough corner shops/butchers/bakers/grocers to adequately feed a nation"

Move here. Lidls,

Aldis, Farmfoods, iceland, Poundshops, B&M bargins, corner shops galore, takeaways open, Wilkos, Marks and Spencers all open but still folk rush to supet markrts.

Home

"No one says don't walk your dog but if u have a garden, let it run about in garden and only go out walks if ur heading to shop 2 in one.

Not done where i live. Kids are having a ball with their extended holidays and not alone by the Clyde."

Oh really still kids out and about ffs shame on thier parents, our village is deserted accept the odd rough yins thinking thier indestructible but this wasn't the case last week, place was packed at weekends, parks and all.

Defo more without dogs out and about kidding on their exercising.

More out buying their "necessities" or letting their kids out on the street playing on their bikes.

Yes there rules but you cannot blame just dog walkers

"

There aren't enough corner shops/butchers/bakers/grocers to adequately feed a nation

Move here. Lidls,

Aldis, Farmfoods, iceland, Poundshops, B&M bargins, corner shops galore, takeaways open, Wilkos, Marks and Spencers all open but still folk rush to supet markrts.

"

Lidl, aldi, farmfoods, Iceland and marks and Spencer food outlets could probably be classed as supermarkets.

I doubt anyone would be able to do a proper food shopping in the others

"Hopefully the apologies will flood in.

Oh no not a shit. My dogs are quite able to shit in the garden. I take my dogs out to burn off energy, pee up trees, chase squirrals, run after a ball, swim in the Clyde and smell different smells. I take it you have never had a dog maybe you should consider getting one. Fantastic soulmates."

Nothing against dog lovers and yes they need walked and excerise in normal times but these arnt normal times ..maybe compromise is required and take them

shorter walk than normal and have them in garden more as few points you made ...kids need to burn of energy..run after a ball but sadly they have had to adjust and more homebound now which is hard to explain to little ones ...

Just a wee thought ..everyone is trying to adjust

Glasgow

"

Move here. Lidls,

Lidl, aldi, farmfoods, Iceland and marks and Spencer food outlets could probably be classed as supermarkets.

I doubt anyone would be able to do a proper food shopping in the others "

And what do folk class as a proper food shop?. Nobody will ever die from drinking tap water and eating toast and butter for a week. We are a nation of very greedy people and maybe this is the wake up call we need.

Home

"Defo more without dogs out and about kidding on their exercising.

More out buying their "necessities" or letting their kids out on the street playing on their bikes.

Yes there rules but you cannot blame just dog walkers "

Well my son 14 said he wanted to go a ride on his bike, he's used to football training,working out, running and all sorts but I knew it was shite and whole bunch of them were going so said no, was a crabbit bugger all day then told him loads of wood needs chopped in garden so I can burn on fire pit later if he wanted fresh air and to stretch his legs.

Defo not blaming dog walkers, there's more kids than dogs in our area.

"

Move here. Lidls,

And what do folk class as a proper food shop?. Nobody will ever die from drinking tap water and eating toast and butter for a week. We are a nation of very greedy people and maybe this is the wake up call we need. "

Toast and butter isn't a nutritional diet. I get that you feel strongly about your right to be able to walk your dogs where and when you choose, but you're using silly examples now to make a point

Home

Definitely won't die eating toast and butter and drinking water but won't be healthy enough to fight this virus. Our bodies need certain things in order to build immunities and be in good health and at this moment we will need this to fight this virus.

Flouride in tap water is not good either it break down your immunity if too much is consumed, bottled water best.

A diet of toast and butter wouldn't be healthy enough even without the virus to fight

Home

"A diet of toast and butter wouldn't be healthy enough even without the virus to fight "

Oh definitely totally agree. Ffs im actually agreeing with you. I think I have a temperature

Glasgow

"

Move here. Lidls,

And what do folk class as a proper food shop?. Nobody will ever die from drinking tap water and eating toast and butter for a week. We are a nation of very greedy people and maybe this is the wake up call we need.

Toast and butter isn't a nutritional diet. I get that you feel strongly about your right to be able to walk your dogs where and when you choose, but you're using silly examples now to make a point "

Not really. Do folk really need 50litres of irn bru, 100pkts crisps and fancy dinners to see us through hard times. Bellies can be fed for very few pounds and at times like this we should be cutting back on our luxeries to help folk who do not have those £'s. But folk will not change even in these hard times which makes me very sad.

"

Move here. Lidls,

Toast and butter isn't a nutritional diet. I get that you feel strongly about your right to be able to walk your dogs where and when you choose, but you're using silly examples now to make a point

Not really. Do folk really need 50litres of irn bru, 100pkts crisps and fancy dinners to see us through hard times. Bellies can be fed for very few pounds and at times like this we should be cutting back on our luxeries to help folk who do not have those £'s. But folk will not change even in these hard times which makes me very sad."

Yes really. This isn't about me defending anyone's right to buy crisps or irn bru. Just nutritional food...not luxuries. You've made it very clear you're not willing to change, it's disingenuous to say it saddens you that others won't

By *macunninglinguistMan  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"

Move here. Lidls,

Not really. Do folk really need 50litres of irn bru, 100pkts crisps and fancy dinners to see us through hard times. Bellies can be fed for very few pounds and at times like this we should be cutting back on our luxeries to help folk who do not have those £'s. But folk will not change even in these hard times which makes me very sad."

I'll drop 7 cans of irn bru a week if you cut 7 walkies?

Glasgow

Irn bru and crisps in your eyes may be essential to survive on but not in mine. I have bn brought up to think of others before myself that is why i do my lone dog walks and live a simple life

"Irn bru and crisps in your eyes may be essential to survive on but not in mine. I have bn brought up to think of others before myself that is why i do my lone dog walks and live a simple life "

I’ll vouch for you here as you even shared your turkey with me at the Xmas social

"Irn bru and crisps in your eyes may be essential to survive on but not in mine. I have bn brought up to think of others before myself that is why i do my lone dog walks and live a simple life "

You've not actually understood what I wrote, have you?

Glasgow

"Irn bru and crisps in your eyes may be essential to survive on but not in mine. I have bn brought up to think of others before myself that is why i do my lone dog walks and live a simple life

You've not actually understood what I wrote, have you?"

And as usual same to you.

"Irn bru and crisps in your eyes may be essential to survive on but not in mine. I have bn brought up to think of others before myself that is why i do my lone dog walks and live a simple life

You've not actually understood what I wrote, have you?

And as usual same to you."

When's part 3 starting

" But folk will not change even in these hard times which makes me very sad."

Talk about hypocrisy, lmfao

Glasgow

" But folk will not change even in these hard times which makes me very sad.

Talk about hypocrisy, lmfao

"

Says the man who refers to folk as fuckwits

He said she said.

Yawn.

I'm away to take the dogs for their last pee of the night.

But who's counting

Glasgow

"He said she said.

Yawn.

I'm away to take the dogs for their last pee of the night.

But who's counting "

Not me, not you but beware many are taking note.

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Seriously - a second thread arguing about dog walking, you all need to get a life

Oh wait......

We all just need to do the best we can, some people will buy extra toilet rolls that they don’t need yet, some probably kept their kids off earlier than necessary, some will have enough pasta to feed the 5000 and some will exercise more - personally I just bought extra chocolate (just in case)

"Seriously - a second thread arguing about dog walking, you all need to get a life

Oh wait......

We all just need to do the best we can, some people will buy extra toilet rolls that they don’t need yet, some probably kept their kids off earlier than necessary, some will have enough pasta to feed the 5000 and some will exercise more - personally I just bought extra chocolate (just in case) "

hope it's dark chocolate mmm fine

Central Borders

I found eggs in home bargains!! Surprising, since I've not seen them in my local supermarkets for the last week and a half. Mission accomplished

And i got dairy milk too x

By *tsallthesame77Woman  over a year ago

edinburgh

"

You can let your kids out in the garden! My son will be out in garden today he’s got something to do for science so he’s doing it outside.

Someone mentioned the number of deaths going up, does anyone bother watching the daily briefing?? The deputy chief medical officer explained yesterday about the numbers! The numbers now are a reflection of what was happening when they stated to ramp up the measures, you won’t see a reflection of current measures for 2 weeks yet.

Home

You can let your kids out in the garden! My son will be out in garden today he’s got something to do for science so he’s doing it outside.

Someone mentioned the number of deaths going up, does anyone bother watching the daily briefing?? The deputy chief medical officer explained yesterday about the numbers! The numbers now are a reflection of what was happening when they stated to ramp up the measures, you won’t see a reflection of current measures for 2 weeks yet.

"

Yes I know you can let them out in garden but when it's cold like it has been chance of getting sick is high so rather they indoors until weather gets better as we will all be out in garden planting and burning wood and getting garden sorted soon.

I watch daily briefing, we will know in 2 weeks what new measures brought in yes but you see numbers of infected and deaths daily and can work it out, it also states that we are in the peak of it now so to expect things to get a whole lot worse and are told not to be complacent because its going to get alot worse because people are not acting responsibly.

In two days the UK death toll jumped significantly to 1,228, including two NHS doctors. Not sure what numbers we at today though.

edinburgh

Yes I know you can let them out in garden but when it's cold like it has been chance of getting sick is high so rather they indoors until weather gets better as we will all be out in garden planting and burning wood and getting garden sorted soon.

I watch daily briefing, we will know in 2 weeks what new measures brought in yes but you see numbers of infected and deaths daily and can work it out, it also states that we are in the peak of it now so to expect things to get a whole lot worse and are told not to be complacent because its going to get alot worse because people are not acting responsibly.

In two days the UK death toll jumped significantly to 1,228, including two NHS doctors. Not sure what numbers we at today though. "

It’s not been that bad, yes it’s been chilly but since when in Scotland did that bother us :-0 that’s what layers are for!

There was only one death in Scotland over 24 hrs. Scottish daily briefing is just after lunch time, Westminster is at 5pm so Sunday figures will be out later.

"I found eggs in home bargains!! Surprising, since I've not seen them in my local supermarkets for the last week and a half. Mission accomplished

And i got dairy milk too x"

yeah they seem to be struggling shifting the easter eggs I popped a few in trolly on Sat. Plus I noticed racks and ranks of doggy poo bags ha

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I think things will continue to change over the next few weeks .

If people are sticking to rules things will hopefully improve but if rules arnt being adhered to then expect to be in this situation for a very long time!

As ive said before many have the mentality it wont happen to them !!!

edinburgh

"I think things will continue to change over the next few weeks .

If people are sticking to rules things will hopefully improve but if rules arnt being adhered to then expect to be in this situation for a very long time!

As ive said before many have the mentality it wont happen to them !!!"

The vast majority are though, always going to be some idiots. Figures are what was happening 2 weeks ago so shouldn’t judge because we still weren’t in strict measures. Hopefully the stricter measures will be reflected in the numbers by middle of next week.

But what should be noted (and it’s a horrible way to put it) but the uk death rate for days since first death are below those predicted.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

The vast majority are though, always going to be some idiots. Figures are what was happening 2 weeks ago so shouldn’t judge because we still weren’t in strict measures. Hopefully the stricter measures will be reflected in the numbers by middle of next week.

But what should be noted (and it’s a horrible way to put it) but the uk death rate for days since first death are below those predicted. "

Yes most are but as you said except some idiots and Its those idiots that will make this situation a longer haul .

It only takes 1 to infect many !!

edinburgh

But what should be noted (and it’s a horrible way to put it) but the uk death rate for days since first death are below those predicted. Yes most are but as you said except some idiots and Its those idiots that will make this situation a longer haul .

It only takes 1 to infect many !!"

But as long as majority are being sensible they won’t get infected.

And the number of idiots is dwindling which is also good

Home

You do know that it's based on UK not Scotland and England individually.

I think Scotland have been adhering to the rules more but not so much England but any decision made will be based on UK as a whole.

18 hours ago, "UK death toll rises by 209 people in one day"

edinburgh

"You do know that it's based on UK not Scotland and England individually.

I think Scotland have been adhering to the rules more but not so much England but any decision made will be based on UK as a whole.

18 hours ago, "UK death toll rises by 209 people in one day" "

There is a Scottish update everyday, our nhs is giving out its own data because it’s a separate entity. Scottish year rate as of 2pm yesterday 13889 tests completed, 12505 negatives, 1384 positives and 41 deaths.

edinburgh

There is a Scottish update everyday, our nhs is giving out its own data because it’s a separate entity. Scottish year rate as of 2pm yesterday 13889 tests completed, 12505 negatives, 1384 positives and 41 deaths. "

The only thing nhs Scotland are doing jointly with UK is buying ventilators. Everything else is separate, because NHS England and NHS Scotland are two vastly different bodies

Get the kids out in their gardens keeping them indoors 24/7 is no good for anyone.

No garden take them a walk but remember folks keep your 2m distance.

edinburgh

"Get the kids out in their gardens keeping them indoors 24/7 is no good for anyone.

No garden take them a walk but remember folks keep your 2m distance."

100% agree my son was out in his wellies even last week when it was miserable, sorting out his bug hotel for his science project

Penicuik

BBC has removed Scottish content and updates from the news. Their basing everything on UK which is a elephant in the room given that health is a devolved matter and thankfully we’re doing things differently in Scotland.

The BBC pedal govt propaganda.

Watch the Scottish Govt updates for a proper and true reflection.

Penicuik

There is a Scottish update everyday, our nhs is giving out its own data because it’s a separate entity. Scottish year rate as of 2pm yesterday 13889 tests completed, 12505 negatives, 1384 positives and 41 deaths.

The only thing nhs Scotland are doing jointly with UK is buying ventilators. Everything else is separate, because NHS England and NHS Scotland are two vastly different bodies "

Admin staff are being recruited for new NHS Nightingale coronavirus hospital on £37,500 a year - £13,500 more than the average wage for NHS nurses

They are also entitled to claim £15 a day for travel expenses and £10 for food - unlike frontline nurses.

That’s how much the tory way down south

Home

[Removed by poster at 30/03/20 11:13:49]

Home

My son is seasonal asthmatic so suffers serverly at this time of year every year so his time outside is more limited due to how thibgs are just now . My daughter has been out she's not asthmatic.

"

That’s how much the tory way down south "

I'm not a politician lover but on this occasion I have to say there doing OK for the vast majority including us up in Scotland. Paying 80 % of people's incomes to stay at home is good going. Not to mention getting Brexit done. But that a different elephant in the room. But seriously that 80% will be a massive help to most people, as a key worker myself it won't make any difference to me I still need to go out and earn my income but even you berring must concede it's a massive gesture from Bo Jo.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

The only thing nhs Scotland are doing jointly with UK is buying ventilators. Everything else is separate, because NHS England and NHS Scotland are two vastly different bodies

Admin staff are being recruited for new NHS Nightingale coronavirus hospital on £37,500 a year - £13,500 more than the average wage for NHS nurses

They are also entitled to claim £15 a day for travel expenses and £10 for food - unlike frontline nurses.

That’s how much the tory way down south "

Seriously!

Talk about kicking someone when they are down.

So will this be recruitment on a full time basis or until the pandemic subsides?

Penicuik

"

I'm not a politician lover but on this occasion I have to say there doing OK for the vast majority including us up in Scotland. Paying 80 % of people's incomes to stay at home is good going. Not to mention getting Brexit done. But that a different elephant in the room. But seriously that 80% will be a massive help to most people, as a key worker myself it won't make any difference to me I still need to go out and earn my income but even you berring must concede it's a massive gesture from Bo Jo."

The alternative being civil unrest, the govt collapsing, folks evicted. Health care obliterated the list is endless. The 80% wasn’t given because the govt were being generous.

Ireland for example are giving every self employed person £350 a week.

The govt have handled this terribly.

The tories make cuts to the health service then applaud NHS. Mental

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

"BBC has removed Scottish content and updates from the news. Their basing everything on UK which is a elephant in the room given that health is a devolved matter and thankfully we’re doing things differently in Scotland.

"

I've been watching Scottish government updates on the BBC throughout this

Penicuik

Seriously!

So will this be recruitment on a full time basis or until the pandemic subsides?

"

It’s per year so maybe a long haul or pro rata

The daily fail is carrying the story. I won’t link it due to it putting £ in their coffers.

Seriously!

The daily fail is carrying the story. I won’t link it due to it putting £ in their coffers. "

Maybe it's higher than the national average due to London weighting?

Oh wait that would be a sensible reason, sensationalist enough for some

"

I'm not a politician lover but on this occasion I have to say there doing OK for the vast majority including us up in Scotland. Paying 80 % of people's incomes to stay at home is good going. Not to mention getting Brexit done. But that a different elephant in the room. But seriously that 80% will be a massive help to most people, as a key worker myself it won't make any difference to me I still need to go out and earn my income but even you berring must concede it's a massive gesture from Bo Jo.

The alternative being civil unrest, the govt collapsing, folks evicted. Health care obliterated the list is endless. The 80% wasn’t given because the govt were being generous.

The tories make cuts to the health service then applaud NHS. Mental "

I agree with you on this point, they are trying to close the barn door unfortunately the horse has already bolted.

Penicuik

"BBC has removed Scottish content and updates from the news. Their basing everything on UK which is a elephant in the room given that health is a devolved matter and thankfully we’re doing things differently in Scotland.

I've been watching Scottish government updates on the BBC throughout this "

Various Scottish news bulletins on BBC Scotland have been pulled. You’ll get snippets on BBC but that’s it.

Penicuik

Seriously!

The daily fail is carrying the story. I won’t link it due to it putting £ in their coffers.

Maybe it's higher than the national average due to London weighting?

Oh wait that would be a sensible reason, sensationalist enough for some "

Have you read the article ?

Home

[Removed by poster at 30/03/20 12:55:27]

edinburgh

Don’t need bbc to watch the Scottish government updates it’s live streamed everyday.

Not even going to get in an argument about the nightingale hospital, it’s being staffed by a variety of people from different backgrounds including ex nurses & doctors who have requested to come back. It’s also in London so their is a “waiting time” per cent age on that as well.

Details will soon be announced of the field hospital which will open if required in Glasgow. Since my set is winding down I’ve already requested to go if required.

"

The tories make cuts to the health service then applaud NHS. Mental "

unfortunately because my husband has been self employed just under a yr so he qualify for nothing.

Me I'm a key worker as is 2 of my kids so we still need to go to work but if I or any of my family need to self isolate we get statutory sick pay.

Apart from my hubby I really cant see what more the Gov can do and believe me I HATE the tory Gov.

Penicuik

"

The tories make cuts to the health service then applaud NHS. Mental unfortunately because my husband has been self employed just under a yr so he qualify for nothing.

Me I'm a key worker as is 2 of my kids so we still need to go to work but if I or any of my family need to self isolate we get statutory sick pay.

Apart from my hubby I really cant see what more the Gov can do and believe me I HATE the tory Gov. "

increase ssp would help for starters

If only a certain someone had kept schtum about a certain activity all this bickering wouldn't be going on.

In a year's time everyone on here will be fantastic again "and what swingings all about"

We can leave BS verifications "til the next time guys" (boak)

I'm actually missing the whose going to CJs posts. Now there was a staple back when everyone was fantastic.

"If only a certain someone had kept schtum about a certain activity all this bickering wouldn't be going on.

In a year's time everyone on here will be fantastic again "and what swingings all about"

We can leave BS verifications "til the next time guys" (boak)

I'm actually missing the whose going to CJs posts. Now there was a staple back when everyone was fantastic.

"

You’re right, there’s never been any bickering on fabs forums before now

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Flintshire

This has gone off topic just a little bit

Central Borders

"This has gone off topic just a little bit "

Yeah, got fed up with dog shit

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Flintshire

"This has gone off topic just a little bit

Yeah, got fed up with dog shit "

Think someone trod in some and stank the place out

"

The tories make cuts to the health service then applaud NHS. Mental unfortunately because my husband has been self employed just under a yr so he qualify for nothing.

Apart from my hubby I really cant see what more the Gov can do and believe me I HATE the tory Gov. "

He can apply for universal credit

"If only a certain someone had kept schtum about a certain activity all this bickering wouldn't be going on.

"

More hypocrisy in Fab who would have thought. You voiced an opinion about bikers travelling in groups past your house, you comenterd about prince Charles not following rules, you even called people THICK on the meet thread posted recently. But hey some people should keep schtumm about dog walkers . Green tick never lies. One last thing, it's a forum discussion with very strong differences of opinion but it's all good. You crack on thinking your opinions are more worthy of the forums than others.

"This has gone off topic just a little bit "

I’m going to walk to barshaw Park with the dog later so I’ll update and get it going in the right direction again. Hopefully onto a part 3 by tomorrow

Home

More hypocrisy in Fab who would have thought. You voiced an opinion about bikers travelling in groups past your house, you comenterd about prince Charles not following rules, you even called people THICK on the meet thread posted recently. But hey some people should keep schtumm about dog walkers . Green tick never lies. One last thing, it's a forum discussion with very strong differences of opinion but it's all good. You crack on thinking your opinions are more worthy of the forums than others. "

You are right we might not all agree with everyone but it's everyones right to have opinions and thoughts on things. Some take it more personally than other as some have vulnerable in thier families and taking risks is just not something people are prepared to do. So giving out information that some haven't understood or some too busy working to be kept up to date can be helpful.

By *onest gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I find it amusing people wearing masks as they will not stop you you getting a virus ,they will stop you spreading a viruses if you have any. All the masks people wear are cheap rubbish and won’t work they keep some dust out. Test is spray a can of deodorant and if you can small it through mask it is useless. I work with masks everyday on site. You need a professionally made mask that is made for you face so it’s air tight. They wear masks in Asian too protect from the pollution which will help too some degree but not much. Most Humans are like sheep

By *oredcouple1TV/TS  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

I see you have experience with nhs masks, cheap rubbish

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"I find it amusing people wearing masks as they will not stop you you getting a virus ,they will stop you spreading a viruses if you have any. All the masks people wear are cheap rubbish and won’t work they keep some dust out. Test is spray a can of deodorant and if you can small it through mask it is useless. I work with masks everyday on site. You need a professionally made mask that is made for you face so it’s air tight. They wear masks in Asian too protect from the pollution which will help too some degree but not much. Most Humans are like sheep "

MOPP level 3 it is then

Home

I wear a mask as no one knows if they are contagious so makes sense to keep me from spreading should I have contracted it without knowing , I also wear gloves since I'm the only one in house that goes to shop for essentials I need to protect outside and in house, washing hands and changing clothes when I get in house.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"

Apart from my hubby I really cant see what more the Gov can do and believe me I HATE the tory Gov.

He can apply for universal credit "

Unfortunately he wont qualify due to partner working. The system is an ass.

"I find it amusing people wearing masks as they will not stop you you getting a virus ,they will stop you spreading a viruses if you have any. All the masks people wear are cheap rubbish and won’t work they keep some dust out. Test is spray a can of deodorant and if you can small it through mask it is useless. I work with masks everyday on site. You need a professionally made mask that is made for you face so it’s air tight. They wear masks in Asian too protect from the pollution which will help too some degree but not much. Most Humans are like sheep "

The masks prevent large droplets to an extent, not so much the aerosol as you point out.

But the effect of this is to reduce the amount you spread if you are shedding the virus, and it also reduces the amount of viral load you will contract if exposed to it.

The severity of illness is very much dependant on the amount of viral load.

That's why the masks are a big deal for front line staff, and not a bad ideal in general if you are in close contact with people.

"

He can apply for universal credit

Unfortunately he wont qualify due to partner working. The system is an ass. "

yip it is indeed.hey ho beans on toast it is

More hypocrisy in Fab who would have thought. You voiced an opinion about bikers travelling in groups past your house, you comenterd about prince Charles not following rules, you even called people THICK on the meet thread posted recently. But hey some people should keep schtumm about dog walkers . Green tick never lies. One last thing, it's a forum discussion with very strong differences of opinion but it's all good. You crack on thinking your opinions are more worthy of the forums than others. "

They aren't. I'm a total hypocrite and you are always right I am sure.

I'm not in any way shape or form telling people what they should or shouldn't be doing because prime example (yourself) it winds people the fuck up. My point is everyone is bored , frustrated, scared etc and they are taking it out on each other on these pointless forums.

I just look forward to the return of the usual crap that goes on.

Ps I'm a dog owning biker that's actually shook Prince Charlie's hand.... But that's between us only. Keep schtum

Actually last night was a bit of an eye opener for us.

We usually take the dogs to quiet fields where there is no one about but last night we took him on a 5 mile walk with us during our “hours exercise” he’s isn’t great on the lead as he’s never been on it much and he’s a big dog so that’s why we take him somewhere he can be let off rather than a walk on a lead

Anyway after getting dragged for 2 mile along Paisley road and Glasgow road we reached barshaw park where we intended to let him off for a run before getting dragged home again.

The park was mobbed. Families playing games, kids on bikes, people out walking and dogs everywhere

We won’t be going anywhere near a park again and we’ll go back to the local fields where we know we will be in relate isolation.

So last night I understood where a lot of the anger was coming from and by heading to a park I was contributing. Also noticed the roads seem to be getting gradually busier again so I’m expecting tougher measures in the next few weeks.

Home

"Actually last night was a bit of an eye opener for us.

We usually take the dogs to quiet fields where there is no one about but last night we took him on a 5 mile walk with us during our “hours exercise” he’s isn’t great on the lead as he’s never been on it much and he’s a big dog so that’s why we take him somewhere he can be let off rather than a walk on a lead

Anyway after getting dragged for 2 mile along Paisley road and Glasgow road we reached barshaw park where we intended to let him off for a run before getting dragged home again.

The park was mobbed. Families playing games, kids on bikes, people out walking and dogs everywhere

We won’t be going anywhere near a park again and we’ll go back to the local fields where we know we will be in relate isolation.

So last night I understood where a lot of the anger was coming from and by heading to a park I was contributing. Also noticed the roads seem to be getting gradually busier again so I’m expecting tougher measures in the next few weeks.

"

Obviously alot of people are taking it out on those on here which I've discovered people on here are alot more bloody sensible than those in our local areas not giving a shit.

Locally where I am police broke up a party of 20 people with kids too, I've just drove back from taking anti biotic I picked up for son at chemist and 3 doors down from my son and grandkids someone is having a kids party, it's heaving with people. I just don't get why people are being so careless.

» Add a new message to this topic