Jump to: Newest in thread

By *agglee OP   Couple  over a year ago

merseyside

Anybody accepted easyjet vouchers instead of refund? X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *arc and KamaCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

When is your flight?

I thought there is only option to re-schedule the flight.

We have a flight booked to Gran Canaria in July but this unlikely gonna happen.

By *agglee OP   Couple  over a year ago

merseyside

Was 15th April yo 23rd april

By *ecretlife1000Couple  over a year ago

Telford

We have rebooked flights in November to Gran Can instead of Malaga in April, have heard that if a company goes under you can’t claim for credit notes or vouchers but you are ok with bookings.

By *arc and KamaCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"We have rebooked flights in November to Gran Can instead of Malaga in April, have heard that if a company goes under you can’t claim for credit notes or vouchers but you are ok with bookings."

Based on the fact that no one knows when it will be safe to go on holiday, I think we should be offered a refund.

By *agman1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

We were due to fly out on the 6th April and have been offered a voucher valid for 12 months although the rebooked flights can be for a later date.

Would prefer a straightforward refund so will hang on for a while but a voucher wouldn't be the worse option.

By *edonist 2Couple  over a year ago

Fylde Coast.

Copied from a post on F/b, so not sure how accurate....

WORD OF WARNING been on BBC One Show tonight beware of accepting a ‘voucher’ from the tour company for a cancelled holiday. Evidently at the moment the voucher is not covered by Atol Protection so if company goes bust you won’t get your money back.

By *inky CyclerMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I've read similar to above post about vouchers from trusted travel journos on SM. A voucher will only be worth the paper it's printed on should the company go into liquidation, a full refund can be used to fund another holiday etc elsewhere.

I've got a flight with Easyjet in late August that I'm hoping will still happen but somehow doubt it will.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"Abta, the travel association, is asking for support from the travelling public, saying: “If possible, postpone your holiday or travel arrangements, don’t cancel – this will mean you have a holiday to look forward to in the future, and it will help your travel provider maintain its cash flow through the short-term challenges.”

Abta adds: “If you are not able to postpone, they may offer you a refund credit voucher instead of a cash refund.

“Abta is in urgent talks with the Government to ensure that these credit arrangements have the full cover of financial protection. You should await further guidance on this.”

But your right to a full cash refund remains."

Simon Calder 25th March.

I personally am still looking forward to flying out for our holiday in August.

I've spoken with many friends also due to fly out soon about the merits of making sure the balance is paid in full, even if the flight is subsequently cancelled, unless you've fulfilled your side of the contract, so made all the payments, none payment could see your tickets/holiday cancelled and you facing the cancellation fees

If our holiday is cancelled though, vouchers are no good to me as I can't get another 3 week block to go away at a later time and we've already made plans for August 2021. I'm also not happy at the idea of virgin making interest on my 15k

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Copied from a post on F/b, so not sure how accurate....

WORD OF WARNING been on BBC One Show tonight beware of accepting a ‘voucher’ from the tour company for a cancelled holiday. Evidently at the moment the voucher is not covered by Atol Protection so if company goes bust you won’t get your money back."

we read the ATOL cover expires on 31st july 2020 so just becareful

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hi All. You can get a refund but you need to do it via the ‘customer contact centre’. What might work even better for you in to transfer your flight after your flight has been cancelled. By transferring after cancellation, you can change destination (if that’s your wish), but even better than that, you don’t pay the difference if your new flight is more expensive (you do if you make the change before the flight is cancelled), I should have been flying from Luton to Alicante today and have just moved it to the last week in July and saved myself over £250. Stay Safe

» Add a new message to this topic