FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Money back from Tui yet??

Money back from Tui yet??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mazon750 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Perth

We didnt get to GC in March, not a huge problem, but cant get anywhere with tui to try and get our money back. They emailed us 2 days before we were due to fly, to tell us holiday cancelled, but full refund was promised. Has anyone got there money back yet??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eter lewisMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

same story here

15th march to tenerife message me on the 14 th to cancel flight and heard nothing since

too frustrating to try and get hold of them

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That is bad , remember them , when all this is over , and don’t give them your custom

By *illynmintCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Give them a final email...then if you have paid by a credit card, contact your credit card and ask to a section 75 claim back

By *orsche40Couple  over a year ago

northwich

31st March to furteventura they cancelled the week before after several efforts and 45 minutes on hold eventually spoke to someone and confirmed a full refund have not received anything yet

Perth

Just had an update from Tui noon tiday. They are willing to let us book another holiday with them with a credit note. OR, if im not happy with that, they will guve us a full refund. And we will get it 12 months after our original departure date. So we will get it back March 2021.

By *edonist 2Couple  over a year ago

Fylde Coast.

"Just had an update from Tui noon tiday. They are willing to let us book another holiday with them with a credit note. OR, if im not happy with that, they will guve us a full refund. And we will get it 12 months after our original departure date. So we will get it back March 2021. "

Meanwhile they go bust?!

By *ouldlove2Man  over a year ago

worthing

if they go bust , you get nothing x

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Plus new holiday won't probably be covered under insurance

We got money back from JET2 flights within 4 weeks. Great company. Obviously waiting list,but did not ask us to accept credit note!! Companies behaving like TUI deserve to be on blacklist. Talk about kick someone when your down. Under Abta rules you are 100% entitled to a refund so reject anything else. Even if they go under you can get refund under Consumer credit act off your card company.

Perth

"We got money back from JET2 flights within 4 weeks. Great company. Obviously waiting list,but did not ask us to accept credit note!! Companies behaving like TUI deserve to be on blacklist. Talk about kick someone when your down. Under Abta rules you are 100% entitled to a refund so reject anything else. Even if they go under you can get refund under Consumer credit act off your card company. "

Same here.

Now been told we should have requested a cancellation.

They told us on the 14th March it would be automatic.

By * Male onlyMan  over a year ago

sutton coldfield

Just had mine back today after 6 weeks this long despite getting an email after I called them the day they cancelled saying refund will be done by end of the same day .....

1 further phone call told have to wait 8 weeks so I reported to Barclays under card protection ..

Will never use TUI again

Perth

We've also claimed on the credit card and are waiting for resolution. A comment on another thread indicated that there was a 90 day period before the credit card company could act.

By *illynmintCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

If the date has passed on your departure date. And your flight was cancelled, and your are struggling to get anywhere with the operator. You can do a section 75 claim back.

I have just done a similar thing with Ryanair with PayPal.

Money refunded within 7 days.

I provided evidence that I had given them a chance to refund me... PayPal just take the money off them

By *andr1Couple  over a year ago

beverley

Today had confirmation of full holiday refund from Tui.

Was due to fly out on 26th March, Tui said it would be 4 weeks from flight out till refund spoke to tui today and said our refund will be in our account Friday.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Today had confirmation of full holiday refund from Tui.

Was due to fly out on 26th March, Tui said it would be 4 weeks from flight out till refund spoke to tui today and said our refund will be in our account Friday. "

That's excellent news!

Perth

By *artycple123Couple  over a year ago

staffs

"Today had confirmation of full holiday refund from Tui.

Was due to fly out on 26th March, Tui said it would be 4 weeks from flight out till refund spoke to tui today and said our refund will be in our account Friday. "

Let us no if or when you got a refund as we've booked with them at the end of june.

Still waiting from the 16th March.

Put us off using tui again

chelmsford

"Still waiting from the 16th March.

Put us off using tui again"

That's very bad considering, legally, they should refund flights in 7 days and holidays in 14 days, I'm not aware that has changed.

By *andr1Couple  over a year ago

beverley

We have now received all holiday costs from Tui, was paid to us Friday. We were due to fly out on 26th March. The day before flight Tui rang us and explained for obvious reasons the holiday would have to be cancelled, would we like to rearrange or have full refund. We chose full refund, they said it would take 4 weeks to complete due to the numbers involved. It was 4 weeks when we received the monies. We cannot complain about Tui the service to us has been good, other than the wait we cannot complain.

chelmsford

"We have now received all holiday costs from Tui, was paid to us Friday. We were due to fly out on 26th March. The day before flight Tui rang us and explained for obvious reasons the holiday would have to be cancelled, would we like to rearrange or have full refund. We chose full refund, they said it would take 4 weeks to complete due to the numbers involved. It was 4 weeks when we received the monies. We cannot complain about Tui the service to us has been good, other than the wait we cannot complain."

That's good news

staffs

That's good news.

By *ad Bi CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

BA were brilliant. 5 mins on the phone and the money was back on my credit card in 5 days. It was flight only but that’s what we do every holiday.

Perth

"We have now received all holiday costs from Tui, was paid to us Friday. We were due to fly out on 26th March. The day before flight Tui rang us and explained for obvious reasons the holiday would have to be cancelled, would we like to rearrange or have full refund. We chose full refund, they said it would take 4 weeks to complete due to the numbers involved. It was 4 weeks when we received the monies. We cannot complain about Tui the service to us has been good, other than the wait we cannot complain."
Thats great news, we were meant to be flying around the same time as you, we were offered vouchers. Just want our money back.

Perth

Tui just emailed. They have now sent my code voucher. I dont want a voucher, i want my money back please.

chelmsford

"Tui just emailed. They have now sent my code voucher. I dont want a voucher, i want my money back please. "

You are still entitled to a cash refund, see if you put a claim in.

Perth

"Tui just emailed. They have now sent my code voucher. I dont want a voucher, i want my money back please.

You are still entitled to a cash refund, see if you put a claim in."

We are going to push for our money back.

chelmsford

"Tui just emailed. They have now sent my code voucher. I dont want a voucher, i want my money back please.

You are still entitled to a cash refund, see if you put a claim in.We are going to push for our money back. "

Good

By *ad Influence..Couple  over a year ago

Port Talbot

My son got through to them this morning and they have issued a full refund

chelmsford

"My son got through to them this morning and they have issued a full refund "

That's great to hear

Spoke 2 them Thursday and the money is back in my account today.

The only hassle was being on hold 4 a hour and half. But 2 be fair that’s not bad considering how many r affected

chelmsford

"Spoke 2 them Thursday and the money is back in my account today.

The only hassle was being on hold 4 a hour and half. But 2 be fair that’s not bad considering how many r affected "

That's very good too!

I know, I was expecting to argue about not taking the vouchers, but was so straight forward once I got through

chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 02/05/20 13:08:41]

chelmsford

"I know, I was expecting to argue about not taking the vouchers, but was so straight forward once I got through "

I think they realise that people want a refund,now rather than vouchers and it is your right, to have a refund, that law hasn't changed...yet!

They should of just given refunds straight away and glad I got my money back. In case the law does change.

Now I’m thinking do I book a holiday 4 next year or wait as where I’m meant 2 be going is cheap at the mo.

As I don’t want 2 be in the same position again next year

chelmsford

"They should of just given refunds straight away and glad I got my money back. In case the law does change.

Now I’m thinking do I book a holiday 4 next year or wait as where I’m meant 2 be going is cheap at the mo.

As I don’t want 2 be in the same position again next year"

None of us know, do we? We go to Corfu every year, so we just amended our holiday to next year.I did notice that places were getting booked quickly, so it might be something you want to think about, so you can get what you want.

I was thinking that and just pay it on the credit card so I have that protection.

I’m off to Florida if we are allowed 2 travel by then.

Fingers crossed we r

chelmsford

"I was thinking that and just pay it on the credit card so I have that protection.

I’m off to Florida if we are allowed 2 travel by then.

Fingers crossed we r"

Yes, I would go for it, you'll have the protection of your credit card

I think I may book it tonight, as these prices may go up as well.

I think we have taken over this thread lol

chelmsford

"I think I may book it tonight, as these prices may go up as well.

I think we have taken over this thread lol"

Go for it! It will give you something to look forward to, after we get out of this virus thing! Yes it's quiet in here this afernoon

Oh well least I’m not the only 1 on this thread

That would be sad lol

chelmsford

There are some positive results on here, which is good

It is, I just hope that the people that really need the money r not being pushed 4 the vouchers

chelmsford

"It is, I just hope that the people that really need the money r not being pushed 4 the vouchers "

Yes there will be those who may lose their jobs and really need their refunds, now.

U have got 2 count yourself lucky if your job is safe at the moment.

chelmsford

"U have got 2 count yourself lucky if your job is safe at the moment."

You definitely do, lots of uncertainty for people, at the moment. We're not too bad as we are early retirees

it’s nice 2 hear when people say that they r doing ok, as a lot of people I’ve spoken 2 on here r really struggling

chelmsford

"it’s nice 2 hear when people say that they r doing ok, as a lot of people I’ve spoken 2 on here r really struggling "

Yes there are, very sad

TUI has now refunded our cancelled March holiday to GC....only took them 2 months??

By *ouldlove2Man  over a year ago

worthing

how did you get a voucher from them im still waiting , tho my return flight is not till 5th June, should have gone out with Easy Jet 22nd may, but E/J have confirmed refund x

"how did you get a voucher from them im still waiting , tho my return flight is not till 5th June, should have gone out with Easy Jet 22nd may, but E/J have confirmed refund x

"

No voucher involved. It was a very protracted delay in processing our refund application made just after the holiday was cancelled in mid March.

Perth

We still dont have money back, and was away same time in March.

By *ornymature61Couple  over a year ago

sextown

Got our refund from tui for 12 may holiday 5 hours on phone money in account within 24 hours

"Got our refund from tui for 12 may holiday 5 hours on phone money in account within 24 hours "

By *andy2123Couple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Still waiting for our money back from easyjet since 1st April, can't get through on phone or e_mail.

staffs

Still waiting for £307 flight money from Ryanair from March 23rd.

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

If you used a debit card, contact your bank and ask for a chargeback, most banks seem to be understanding and do it. Others have tried fobbing you off with ATOL but just tell them ATOL can't do anything as the company hasn't gone bust and you're within your rights to do a chargeback. Just ensure you have the evidence of cancellation and refusal of refund, along with proof of payment. Some banks aren't asking for this, some just require you to fill a form out. IT can take up to 3 weeks for the refund and then the company have 45 days to dispute it, which they won't as the holiday never happened.

Just had a refund from them after doing chargeback, fair play they are even giving us back the £800 cash deposit we put down.

They didn't want to but as they broke the terms of the contract by not contacting us before our departure date we decided that a future holiday that may never happen was not worth the risk.

Push for what you are legally entitled to or face losing everything.

Perth

Great news, for us anyway. At last, got our money back from TUI. Took a while, but saying that, they will be under so much pressure.

"Great news, for us anyway. At last, got our money back from TUI. Took a while, but saying that, they will be under so much pressure. "

Well done about time too!

It's just a pity that the pressure on TUI was self-inflicted. If only they had been honest from the beginning and not tried to wriggle out of their legal obligations. We used to be loyal customers, but not any more.

"Great news, for us anyway. At last, got our money back from TUI. Took a while, but saying that, they will be under so much pressure.

It's just a pity that the pressure on TUI was self-inflicted. If only they had been honest from the beginning and not tried to wriggle out of their legal obligations. We used to be loyal customers, but not any more."

We are the same

Perth

"Great news, for us anyway. At last, got our money back from TUI. Took a while, but saying that, they will be under so much pressure.

It's just a pity that the pressure on TUI was self-inflicted. If only they had been honest from the beginning and not tried to wriggle out of their legal obligations. We used to be loyal customers, but not any more."

We are the same. We used them a lot, 2 or 3 times a year, never again.

» Add a new message to this topic