FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > SWINGERS RESORT AND CLUBS CLOSED IN GC??

SWINGERS RESORT AND CLUBS CLOSED IN GC??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you think with Coronavirus will kill off bookings this year and into next for LM and VENUS?? Noticed some are claiming fully booked up to March 2021. I know this is not possible. The Spanish authority say even after relaxing of lockdown there will still be social distancing measure on beaches and in clubs and bars. How is this going to work in a Swinger complex or Club. Virtually impossible. Sorry thinking GC is no go well into 2021. Stay safe

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *illynmintCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

If you where a place that had managed to control the virus better then most...would you open up to places that had done the opposite?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Do you think with Coronavirus will kill off bookings this year and into next for LM and VENUS?? Noticed some are claiming fully booked up to March 2021. I know this is not possible. The Spanish authority say even after relaxing of lockdown there will still be social distancing measure on beaches and in clubs and bars. How is this going to work in a Swinger complex or Club. Virtually impossible. Sorry thinking GC is no go well into 2021. Stay safe "

People will still book and wait and see what happens nearer the time. But I also don't think they will be letting in visitors until this is under control, they don't want the virus there again and you can't blame them for that, regardless of the economy

By *entlecaressMan  over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

"If you where a place that had managed to control the virus better then most...would you open up to places that had done the opposite?

"

Totally not

By *llie and ApplesCouple  over a year ago

where ever

We have booked for November...we will see that the world is like then ....venus is still a gorgeous resort to stay in ...we have found a few restaurants we really like ...people in this lifestyle are lovely to chat and interact with and of course the sun and break from the real world ...its not all about the sex you know...

chelmsford

"We have booked for November...we will see that the world is like then ....venus is still a gorgeous resort to stay in ...we have found a few restaurants we really like ...people in this lifestyle are lovely to chat and interact with and of course the sun and break from the real world ...its not all about the sex you know..."

Quite right, it's not all about the sex it's dependent on when GC is happy to invite tourists back, I'm reading they will start with domestic tourists first and there will still be social distancing. I hope you get your holiday

By *ereus3Couple  over a year ago

Dundalk

"We have booked for November...we will see that the world is like then ....venus is still a gorgeous resort to stay in ...we have found a few restaurants we really like ...people in this lifestyle are lovely to chat and interact with and of course the sun and break from the real world ...its not all about the sex you know..."
perfectly putxx

Quite agree about the not all about sex comments, but it's just about the difficulty of 2metre social distancing in a jacuzzi, small bar, sauna , beach. Even if you look at the design of Cita and Yumbo bars and restaurants. It's a physical impossibility unless you restrict the number of couples in each one. How is for example the Comeback bar going to operate?? Thinking this will take a very long time (several years) to recover. GC cannot survive as just a Vanilla holiday destination??

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What am I going to do with all this bottled water??? lol Stay safe you two xx

Wakefield/ Beverley

"Quite agree about the not all about sex comments, but it's just about the difficulty of 2metre social distancing in a jacuzzi, small bar, sauna , beach. Even if you look at the design of Cita and Yumbo bars and restaurants. It's a physical impossibility unless you restrict the number of couples in each one. How is for example the Comeback bar going to operate?? Thinking this will take a very long time (several years) to recover. GC cannot survive as just a Vanilla holiday destination??"

Totally agree we've a holiday in GC booked for this month our place in corralejo in June both of which won't happen then corralejo again in Dec fingers crossed that might happen.

chelmsford

"Quite agree about the not all about sex comments, but it's just about the difficulty of 2metre social distancing in a jacuzzi, small bar, sauna , beach. Even if you look at the design of Cita and Yumbo bars and restaurants. It's a physical impossibility unless you restrict the number of couples in each one. How is for example the Comeback bar going to operate?? Thinking this will take a very long time (several years) to recover. GC cannot survive as just a Vanilla holiday destination??

Totally agree we've a holiday in GC booked for this month our place in corralejo in June both of which won't happen then corralejo again in Dec fingers crossed that might happen. "

Fingers crossed for you

By *supwanted03Couple  over a year ago

Sheffield

[Removed by poster at 19/04/20 14:40:15]

Sheffield

[Removed by poster at 19/04/20 14:40:18]

Sheffield

If and I know its a massive if, we get to go in October we’ll be happy just to get out there and help start their economy going. If bars and restaurants are limited then we’ll support that any way we can. We love the island, the people and the other great people we meet from all over the world but of course we’ll abide by what ever is required and it’s so true this lifestyle isn’t all about the sex we’ve met many many couples there and not all have ended in sex (quite a lot but not all) be safe everyone and stay home we’ll get through this ??

Here's a little hint. Go to the LM website and put in say August booking or October booking or any month this year. What ever dates you put in calender jumps to February 2021. This might tell you something..plus February 2021 booking would be open by now. Sorry but going to be a long time!!

Reading various articles,including Canary based publications and I think the key will, quite obviously, be the airlines. If they can figure out that, then restrictions on the islands will be minimal....increase distance between sun loungers, reduce permitted numbers in restaurants/bars, even taxis...but I can't see how that would work in Swinger Clubs? I could see La Mirage and Venus Star operating, with self enforcement, eg there is still the voyeuristic and exhibitionist element, of both the nudity and couples playing together. It's not clear at all but it won't be the GC we all know....and don't forget, the level/length of immunity(if any), for anyone who's had it, hasn't been determined yet and there's no guarantee they'll ever find a vaccine...don't forget, the common cold is a coronavirus!! Worrying times and rightly so....

By *erekdebMan  over a year ago

meath

Just read one of Spanish papers saying the Spanish government looking at the last quarter of the year to start to open for tourism. So as I stated many times it's the long haul. Probably start with domestic tourists and then move on.

Depends if we all start to get the second wave ? , no one knows what’s going to happen , I just want to get back to my favourite place in the world and hopefully it may be this year if not next year if I’m still around

"Quite agree about the not all about sex comments, but it's just about the difficulty of 2metre social distancing in a jacuzzi, small bar, sauna , beach. Even if you look at the design of Cita and Yumbo bars and restaurants. It's a physical impossibility unless you restrict the number of couples in each one. How is for example the Comeback bar going to operate?? Thinking this will take a very long time (several years) to recover. GC cannot survive as just a Vanilla holiday destination??"

When we first visited GC we got chatting to a guy when enquiring about hiring bikes. The conversation led to him talking about the swinging community and how they had no respect for non swingers in PDI/Maspolomas and said they feared that it would ruin the vanilla tourism on the island in the resort. He didn't appear to think we were part of the vanilla community and after visiting a few times now it's made me realise that there is only a small percentage who are actually there just for swinging.

We have visited outside of the swinging season and there is a completely different vibe to the place, it was awash with tourists of many nationalities enjoying the culture and beauty the island offers (we hired a car and realised how beautiful the island really is). For this reason I cannot agree with your last sentence. Restaurants and bars will be able to consider spreading out tables and chairs etc to keep to social distancing, hotels can do the same and reduce occupancy.

There is hope for our favourite island. We will be visiting when allowed for a holiday, we will visit our favourite bars and see our friends at a social distance if required, if we have to remain vanilla throughout then so be it. It will just be nice to be on the island.

"If and I know its a massive if, we get to go in October we’ll be happy just to get out there and help start their economy going. If bars and restaurants are limited then we’ll support that any way we can. We love the island, the people and the other great people we meet from all over the world but of course we’ll abide by what ever is required and it’s so true this lifestyle isn’t all about the sex we’ve met many many couples there and not all have ended in sex (quite a lot but not all) be safe everyone and stay home we’ll get through this ??

"

Well said and totally agree xxx

"Quite agree about the not all about sex comments, but it's just about the difficulty of 2metre social distancing in a jacuzzi, small bar, sauna , beach. Even if you look at the design of Cita and Yumbo bars and restaurants. It's a physical impossibility unless you restrict the number of couples in each one. How is for example the Comeback bar going to operate?? Thinking this will take a very long time (several years) to recover. GC cannot survive as just a Vanilla holiday destination??

When we first visited GC we got chatting to a guy when enquiring about hiring bikes. The conversation led to him talking about the swinging community and how they had no respect for non swingers in PDI/Maspolomas and said they feared that it would ruin the vanilla tourism on the island in the resort. He didn't appear to think we were part of the vanilla community and after visiting a few times now it's made me realise that there is only a small percentage who are actually there just for swinging.

We have visited outside of the swinging season and there is a completely different vibe to the place, it was awash with tourists of many nationalities enjoying the culture and beauty the island offers (we hired a car and realised how beautiful the island really is). For this reason I cannot agree with your last sentence. Restaurants and bars will be able to consider spreading out tables and chairs etc to keep to social distancing, hotels can do the same and reduce occupancy.

There is hope for our favourite island. We will be visiting when allowed for a holiday, we will visit our favourite bars and see our friends at a social distance if required, if we have to remain vanilla throughout then so be it. It will just be nice to be on the island."

100% agree, a handful of Swinger Clubs and a similar number of Swinger(friendly) Bars do not make up anything close to a significant part of GC tourism. It is a holiday resort first and foremost, a beautiful place to live second....a gay friendly Island third and a Swingers destination last....but we love it and are just so sad that we can't visit there for the foreseeable

By *inkyandperky555Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Love this but you all seam to be forgetting one thing the travel you can’t sit two meters a part on a plane there will be hardly anyone on it what about the airport and the taxis it’s going to be hard to do don’t you think.

Talking about Vanilla community a taxi driver told us that in June July and August there was no business as such. He said all families. Going all inclusive and never leaving the All inclusive cocoon. Everyone knows that Vanilla probably are the biggest overall percentage, but in terms of overall tourist Euro into restaurant and bars especially in PDI think you will find who spends the most

By *llie and ApplesCouple  over a year ago

where ever

"We have booked for November...we will see that the world is like then ....venus is still a gorgeous resort to stay in ...we have found a few restaurants we really like ...people in this lifestyle are lovely to chat and interact with and of course the sun and break from the real world ...its not all about the sex you know...

What am I going to do with all this bottled water??? lol Stay safe you two xx"

Hi guys hope you're both well, miss your amazing parties...

I have to stop and get my own bottles during sex these days...

Its important to stay hydrated...lol

Olliepops xx

By *ardbody500Couple  over a year ago

Gran Canaria, Spain

We don't want to destroy your hopes and so it is not allowed to post links here (written in a spanish newspaper), please translate on your own...

El Gobierno estudia no abrir bares ni restaurantes hasta Navidad

Best wishes to you all...

"We don't want to destroy your hopes and so it is not allowed to post links here (written in a spanish newspaper), please translate on your own...

Best wishes to you all..."

Sadly, we expected this and have not rebooked for this year...looks like October is cancelled then

By *aughty 40sCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"We don't want to destroy your hopes and so it is not allowed to post links here (written in a spanish newspaper), please translate on your own...

Sadly, we expected this and have not rebooked for this year...looks like October is cancelled then "

Translated

Lets wait and see a lot of things can change in 6 months , lets all hope so

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Sadly, we expected this and have not rebooked for this year...looks like October is cancelled then

Translated

Lets wait and see a lot of things can change in 6 months , lets all hope so "

My translation (without google) is that the government "studies" (estudia) which to my mind isn't a firm decision.

So many people in denial, sad really

By *ansomstrangerMan  over a year ago

hull

we were due to go next month, then looking to rearrange for October.

So very disappointing if true.

A lot can change in the coming weeks.

You both know as well as I do what Daiz is and what she wants. We also know she don’t get a say in what happens here and it’s down to Torres. He has been very clear from day one what he intends to do.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"So many people in denial, sad really "

Not in denial at all. I actually think it will go on for most of the year.

All I did was translate.

chelmsford

You both know as well as I do what Daiz is and what she wants. We also know she don’t get a say in what happens here and it’s down to Torres. He has been very clear from day one what he intends to do. "

What does intend to do?

You both know as well as I do what Daiz is and what she wants. We also know she don’t get a say in what happens here and it’s down to Torres. He has been very clear from day one what he intends to do.

What does intend to do?"

Well there is no point in saying as the experts will say I’m wrong. As they know better.

chelmsford

What does intend to do?

Well there is no point in saying as the experts will say I’m wrong. As they know better. "

Ok thank you, I was just interested

Costa Blanca Spain...

What does intend to do?

Well there is no point in saying as the experts will say I’m wrong. As they know better. "

Say it or not, and I've no idea what Torres intends to do.

One thing is certain though.

While the state of emergency is in force he will do whatever Madrid tells him to do. As will all other regions of Spain.

The noises coming out of Madrid at the moment are that while some work related restrictions will be lifted, restrictions affecting culture and tourism will run until the end of the year.

To be fair there wasn't much detail attached and things could change in the meantime. However I wouldn't build my hopes up.

Sanchez has already come out and said he will let autonomous communities handle the lockdown from the 27th of April as long as they can prove it. The cases are that low over here, it dose not take a lot of proving.

By *abrielle247Couple (FF)  over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria

I believe tourism is going to be hit hard on Gran Canaria this year and if you return the following year expect some clubs and restaurants to have gone.

Very sad but nothing remains constant.

I wonder what support from the government the bars and clubs are getting. There is support here in the UK, would be interesting if anyone knows what support there is in GC.

It will be a shame if the clubs and favoured bars disappear.

chelmsford

"I wonder what support from the government the bars and clubs are getting. There is support here in the UK, would be interesting if anyone knows what support there is in GC.

It will be a shame if the clubs and favoured bars disappear."

What does intend to do?

Aren't you the one that said all back to normal by the end of April? Hotels open again 1st May? So what's the latest inside information then? Thomas Cook flights back on from next week? Only kidding, of course lol

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Sanchez has already come out and said he will let autonomous communities handle the lockdown from the 27th of April as long as they can prove it. The cases are that low over here, it dose not take a lot of proving.

"

Handling the lockdown is one thing and it is possible that the regions will be allowed to make some of their own decisions.

However, opening a border to foreign tourists is a completely different matter. And that power will stay in Madrid.

By *wingerstenerifeCouple  over a year ago

San Eugenio, Costa Adeje, Tenerife

We are in lockdown now till May 9th. After that they will slowly start to go back to normal....

the news (not official) is that bars and restaurants will be open at the last on the list, hopefully in September or October.

Till now it's not looking good

Whenever the rules start to lapse the very last places will be the Swinger's resorts and clubs. Can you imagine the irrevocable publicity if say , god forbid, a person known to have been staying at a swinger resort dies from virus whilst on holiday on the island. The public outcry would definitely be the total end for that type of resort/ club on the island.

By *ouble CCouple  over a year ago

Gran Canaria

We've booked for October (booked in Jan before this all started to get real). Hoping it will happen, even if it turns into a 'vanilla holiday' we'll hire a car and explore the island. We eventually want to move to GC in the future. Miss C Xx

The professor leading the team at Oxford, has stated best case scenario, vaccine available next April....and that that's the only way safe travel can resume. As people have said, how can you social distance on a plane? In an airport? Taxis/transfer coaches? and that's only getting there and back.....

The only good news is, that the spread is slowing, less people than possible, dieing and the Health Service coping......but people are and will still be dieing, for a considerable time. So all the people predicting a return to normal, are ignoring what the dogs in the street know. Sad but true

Just been reading the islands looking to reopen September or October so things are looking up.

By *arc and KamaCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Just been reading the islands looking to reopen September or October so things are looking up. "

It means we should cancel our trip in July.

Not even sure if the airline will not cancel the flight or maybe then cancelled already and we missed an email.

Wakefield/ Beverley

"Just been reading the islands looking to reopen September or October so things are looking up.

Not even sure if the airline will not cancel the flight or maybe then cancelled already and we missed an email."

Don't cancel as you will loose any money you have paid let them cancel then you will get a credit or a refund.

Wakefield/ Beverley

"Just been reading the islands looking to reopen September or October so things are looking up.

Not even sure if the airline will not cancel the flight or maybe then cancelled already and we missed an email."

Don't cancel as you will loose any money you have paid let them cancel then you will get a credit or a refund.

chelmsford

Agree, don't cancel, let them do it. They may not contact you until almost the day of departure.Have a look at the thread ' refunds travel companies ' Some helpful information on there

Easyjet are sending me daily emails with "Offer" to book.......... think I'll probably wait until such time as the Islands are well and truly open again.

We should have been landing in GC today, for 10 nights at La Mirage

"We should have been landing in GC today, for 10 nights at La Mirage "
We feel for you, bet you're gutted.

chelmsford

"We should have been landing in GC today, for 10 nights at La Mirage "

"We should have been landing in GC today, for 10 nights at La Mirage We feel for you, bet you're gutted. "

Totally, oh well, next year it is, hopefully

By *-and-mCouple  over a year ago

Carlisle

We missed our holiday at the end of March At Venus Star and have booked a couple of cheap easyjet flights for early 2021 in the hope that we can get away, but reluctant to book accommodation just yet. Totally devastated about not being able to have our first trip to Venus Star as we were so looking forward to it! We can understand why people will be reluctant to get back in to swinging but hopefully given time we will all have fun again! In the meantime lets all make contacts on Fab and have fun planning future meets online!!

I'm in gran canaria right now. Seems everything is closed although they are doing a 3 phased opening which is being discussed over this weekend. Hopefully it can start next week. Im attaching the news link

https://www.canarianweekly.com/canaries-de-escalation-proposal-detail-presented-weekend/

Private message me for news story indicating its opening this week coming in 3 phases.

What does intend to do?

Well there is no point in saying as the experts will say I’m wrong. As they know better.

Aren't you the one that said all back to normal by the end of April? Hotels open again 1st May? So what's the latest inside information then? Thomas Cook flights back on from next week? Only kidding, of course lol "

Private message me for news story indicating its opening this week coming in 3 phases.

What does intend to do?

Aren't you the one that said all back to normal by the end of April? Hotels open again 1st May? So what's the latest inside information then? Thomas Cook flights back on from next week? Only kidding, of course lol "

https://www.canarianweekly.com/canaries-de-escalation-proposal-detail-presented-weekend/

Hopefully this gives you all some indication. I arrived here a week ago although via Barcelona and loads of red tape as im an essential worker. This is what once found si far and from NY own experience

There is hope for our favourite island. We will be visiting when allowed for a holiday, we will visit our favourite bars and see our friends at a social distance if required, if we have to remain vanilla throughout then so be it. It will just be nice to be on the island.

100% agree, a handful of Swinger Clubs and a similar number of Swinger(friendly) Bars do not make up anything close to a significant part of GC tourism. It is a holiday resort first and foremost, a beautiful place to live second....a gay friendly Island third and a Swingers destination last....but we love it and are just so sad that we can't visit there for the foreseeable "

We are the same, we are hoping we will be able to visit the end of January as we have booked for then xxx

Here are some of the proposals. Wearing of masks outside. No more than 4 people sat together at a restaurant or bar. Social distancing everywhere, including new rules for hotels/apartments.

Sunbathing at beach minimum 6ft apart with same at hotels. These are proposals, but the island government are saying they see this as a minimum requirement!Thinking it going to be no go for us until after 2020. Can imagine no Swinging resort or club will be able to comply even if they try . Just not physically possible. Keep safe

chelmsford

"Here are some of the proposals. Wearing of masks outside. No more than 4 people sat together at a restaurant or bar. Social distancing everywhere, including new rules for hotels/apartments.

Sunbathing at beach minimum 6ft apart with same at hotels. These are proposals, but the island government are saying they see this as a minimum requirement!Thinking it going to be no go for us until after 2020. Can imagine no Swinging resort or club will be able to comply even if they try . Just not physically possible. Keep safe "

Yes the same for us. At least the people who live there can get out and about again, albeit with some necessary restrictions

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

The virus has emphasised and heightened personal security particularly for those who feel they may be at risk of getting very ill.

We are still optimistic about going to LM at the end of November although we don't expect to eat out or visit clubs (if any are still open)

Our flights are already booked, from Barcelona and it will only be a problem for us if the plane is cancelled or the French/Spanish border is still closed.

We have already travelled extensively throughout S.E.Asia January-March where the virus was prevalent without problems so for us it mainly an issue of keeping our guard up and taking sensible precautions.

If you want to risk going then that is a personal choice. Spanish government announced. Social distancing. 50% maximum hotel/apartment occupancy. check out Canary news.If there is a tourist outbreak. There is not enough hospital beds to cover it.

Your insurance does not cover the Virus now. So no private plane home if you get really bad. Not the best doctors in the world. Know a woman that broke her hip there, and had to be flown home back to Germany. They had to redo the operation. Everything done wrong. Would you put a gun to your head and risk it??

chelmsford

At least people are well informed about the risk to themselves and others and can make a choice, when the travel bans are lifted. I wouldn't personally travel, as I wouldn't want to become ill whilst away from home and I couldn't enjoy a holiday, with all the restrictions that will be in place. But I can understand some are happy to travel and I hope they can get away

By *oodies4GirlsCouple (FF)  over a year ago

Carshalton Beeches

Guys but if you think that for HIV since 1981 they still haven't found a vaccine... how long do you think it will take to get a vaccine for COVID-19 be sensible and would you mingle closely with other swingers in clubs and bars?

» Add a new message to this topic