Michael o leary

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amiss OP   Couple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Will be on BBC1 in about 15 minutes

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

chelmsford

So cutting 3000 jobs.Closing some bases in UK and Europe.Refunds, says he cant refund straight away, but will take months. Says May cancellations may not be refunded for at least 6 months

By *heccoCouple  over a year ago

Normandy France

We stopped booking with his lot years ago and can't understand why people still do then complain non-stop afterwards. If people gave that airline a wide berth then, and only then, will he realise that we are not the 'mugs' he thinks we are !!!

chelmsford

"We stopped booking with his lot years ago and can't understand why people still do then complain non-stop afterwards. If people gave that airline a wide berth then, and only then, will he realise that we are not the 'mugs' he thinks we are !!!"

We have never booked with them and feel sorry for those who have to wait so long for their refunds.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The positive to take from his interview, is that he predicted it would be necessary to offer cheaper fares, to get people travelling again......he did also say there would likely be health restrictions on flights over one and a half, to two hours....over and above temperature checks at airports, vulnerable people will likely not allowed to travel on longer flights.

He also rubbished suggestions of middle seats on planes being left vacant but said all passengers would be given face masks. He's pretty switched on and doesn't shirk answering questions, like politicians do

chelmsford

"The positive to take from his interview, is that he predicted it would be necessary to offer cheaper fares, to get people travelling again......he did also say there would likely be health restrictions on flights over one and a half, to two hours....over and above temperature checks at airports, vulnerable people will likely not allowed to travel on longer flights.

He also rubbished suggestions of middle seats on planes being left vacant but said all passengers would be given face masks. He's pretty switched on and doesn't shirk answering questions, like politicians do"

By *i mayo coupleCouple  over a year ago

sligo

Ryanair is one of the few airlines in the world still giving refunds if you are willing to wait.

Most others, airlines and holiday companys are going down the lines of vouchers only.

chelmsford

"Ryanair is one of the few airlines in the world still giving refunds if you are willing to wait.

Most others, airlines and holiday companys are going down the lines of vouchers only. "

According to the travel experts, they all have to offer cash refunds, but you will have to wait some time for it.

By *asputin75Man  over a year ago

darlaston

This guy is a joke and a con man my friend and his wife booked a flight for a wedding anniversary it was cancelled by Ryanair when he called for a refund they said no problems they sent him voucher's when he complained they said send the vouchers back until you do we can't refund the money which could take 6 months or longer ..what would Mr O'Leary say if you tried to pay him with Argos vouchers or luncheon vouchers for his flights I wouldn't like to guess

By *adlyDeeplyCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

We have flown Ryanair to Bezier for 10 years. Often 2 or 3 times a season. From recollection all the flights have been on time. No major delays or cancellations. Fair value too. Yes, we have never had a £9.99 flight but on average £75 each way pp. I’d be lucky to get a train to London for that.

Whatever you think, they have disrupted the market and contributed to a very healthy airline industry in the UK pre Covid.

By *our LamourCouple  over a year ago

'near that London'

"We have flown Ryanair to Bezier for 10 years. Often 2 or 3 times a season. From recollection all the flights have been on time. No major delays or cancellations. Fair value too. Yes, we have never had a £9.99 flight but on average £75 each way pp. I’d be lucky to get a train to London for that.

Whatever you think, they have disrupted the market and contributed to a very healthy airline industry in the UK pre Covid.

"

Well said .. not easy to like them , but if you play by the rules , no problem . They fly where you want when you want and on new planes.

By *un4fun23456Man  over a year ago

ennis

"This guy is a joke and a con man my friend and his wife booked a flight for a wedding anniversary it was cancelled by Ryanair when he called for a refund they said no problems they sent him voucher's when he complained they said send the vouchers back until you do we can't refund the money which could take 6 months or longer ..what would Mr O'Leary say if you tried to pay him with Argos vouchers or luncheon vouchers for his flights I wouldn't like to guess"

Totally agree opened up Europe for everyone does exactly what it says on the tin not perfect but gets us around

By *aggis100Man  over a year ago

hawick

opened up europe maybe but he treats his staff with contempt he is a disgusting man you think hes going to lose any money or sell any assets to help his staff no chance i will not deal with them even if it does cost more money people should just boycott them he has no respect for passengers or staff and every airline has to give you full refund its the law if they dont fly

chelmsford

"opened up europe maybe but he treats his staff with contempt he is a disgusting man you think hes going to lose any money or sell any assets to help his staff no chance i will not deal with them even if it does cost more money people should just boycott them he has no respect for passengers or staff and every airline has to give you full refund its the law if they dont fly "

By *un4fun23456Man  over a year ago

ennis

"opened up europe maybe but he treats his staff with contempt he is a disgusting man you think hes going to lose any money or sell any assets to help his staff no chance i will not deal with them even if it does cost more money people should just boycott them he has no respect for passengers or staff and every airline has to give you full refund its the law if they dont fly "

Totally disagree with u hes there to make money for his company offers u a service read the conditions if u dont like them dont book

By *aggis100Man  over a year ago

hawick

1 would not and have not booked with him

2 terms and conditions ha ha joke he just does what he wants robs people you are entitled to full refund if your flight is cancelled fact you dont have to take vouchers

3 if you think it is okay to treat workers like crap for the sake of a few quid remember what comes round goes round

You can't refund hundreds of thousands of customers, in a day? He has said anyone who wants a refund, will get one BUT to streamline process, people will be offered opportunity to change flight, or accept a voucher. Why would the company employ any extra staff, at additional cost, just to process more refunds per day..... that just isn't good business. I'm sure the business experts, who 'know' that x million refunds can easily be processed, by a 5yr old, using a sinclair zx spectrum, will call me out on that.....but they're probably the one's still looking forward to their July summer holiday in Spain

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

Nobody is twisting your arms to book with Ryanair....but you will ...as its cheapest. Lol. Money talks ..or do you want to go back to the good old days of Britain airlines ripping people off .. if Ryanair go bust it will be back to Blackpool skegness butlins .and the Scottish highlands for you lot

By *iktikiCouple  over a year ago

city centre

"You can't refund hundreds of thousands of customers, in a day? He has said anyone who wants a refund, will get one BUT to streamline process, people will be offered opportunity to change flight, or accept a voucher. Why would the company employ any extra staff, at additional cost, just to process more refunds per day..... that just isn't good business. I'm sure the business experts, who 'know' that x million refunds can easily be processed, by a 5yr old, using a sinclair zx spectrum, will call me out on that.....but they're probably the one's still looking forward to their July summer holiday in Spain "

Problem is they haven’t refunded anybody since the start of April

It has nothing to do with having to employ extra staff to do the work

He is hanging on to the cash for as long as poss until they can a somewhat normal cash flow going

Ryanair are billions in the black and cash rich but he ain’t gotta let go of it easily

And yes we will fly with them again if the price is right

Rant over

About fancy a shag

By *wiprRightForMeMan  over a year ago

spain

I personally would not except vouchers off any airline or tour operator does not matter how big a company they are you only have to look at Thomas cook different circumstances I know but I think if a company is going to go bust it will be during this pandemic, if they go bust you lose the lot and not a chance of getting anything back.

By *asputin75Man  over a year ago

darlaston

The man is a Buffoon a money grabbing buffoon a con artist yes of course people will book with Ryanair to suit the pocket but when you book a flight the money comes out straight away where does that money sit millions of it in Ryanair bank account gaining interest to say it will take up to two years to refund people's money is a joke the civil aviation authority or the government should get involved to sort his/Ryanair mess out

He is a shark and just out to grab as much cash off the traveling public as possible.

Is constantly changing bag policy is a means to get more money, why over complicate! It's better giving allowance and having it on ticket price I feel.

"He is a shark and just out to grab as much cash off the traveling public as possible.

Is constantly changing bag policy is a means to get more money, why over complicate! It's better giving allowance and having it on ticket price I feel. "

I don't have any time for ryanair but without companies like this a lot of people would never have a holiday abroad, so we have to live with them. If you're rich enough to travel with some of the others fair play, but a lot can't so you get what you pay for .

Amazing how many people think they could/would do it better than O'Leary.....but what's not so amazing, is that they aren't currently bosses of a multi billion valued airline....I suppose they must just have never bothered starting one up(because of course they could have!!)....but hey, feel free to startone now, plenty of planes for sale out there I bet

"Amazing how many people think they could/would do it better than O'Leary.....but what's not so amazing, is that they aren't currently bosses of a multi billion valued airline....I suppose they must just have never bothered starting one up(because of course they could have!!)....but hey, feel free to startone now, plenty of planes for sale out there I bet "

Very true...Ryanair gets a lot of criticism and much of it is rightly so.

However who else will fly you to the South of France £9.99. One of my friends a couple of years ago even got rtn flights to Lanzarote for £14 !

He's a very, very, rich man does not give af what random people on the interwebs think of him.

Why should he?

He runs an airline that from a loss making regional carrier is now -

Flying 151 MILLION customers per year;

Carries more international passengers than any other airline on the planet;

Has a 35 year no crash, no fatality safety record;

Without a doubt O'Leary is the most successful airline boss on the plnet.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"He's a very, very, rich man does not give af what random people on the interwebs think of him.

Why should he?

Absolutely, don't get the criticism.

He flogs cheap, no frills, short haul flights on brand new planes.

First class safety record.

I have never had a late flight, never used the catering as I, believe it or not, can survive 2 hours without food or alcohol, have never bought a gift on a plane and am happy just for a seat.

My only complaint is some of my fellow passengers are dickheads but can't ask for everything.

Did find an old ticket to Lanzarote from 26 years ago, was more expensive then, thank god for Ryanair and Easyjet.

"

skerries

Should have some one like Michael o'Leary in 10 downing street to run your country .. someone with a business brain

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"The man is a Buffoon a money grabbing buffoon a con artist yes of course people will book with Ryanair to suit the pocket but when you book a flight the money comes out straight away where does that money sit millions of it in Ryanair bank account gaining interest to say it will take up to two years to refund people's money is a joke the civil aviation authority or the government should get involved to sort his/Ryanair mess out

"

Seems the eu want to change the law on refunds and make vouchers the way to go now so i would,nt count on them to help.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Amazing how many people think they could/would do it better than O'Leary.....but what's not so amazing, is that they aren't currently bosses of a multi billion valued airline....I suppose they must just have never bothered starting one up(because of course they could have!!)....but hey, feel free to startone now, plenty of planes for sale out there I bet "

Yes. I was just thinking about a new private jet.

Airbus 320 or Boeing 737?

Decisions decisions.

Costa Blanca Spain...

A lot of people seem to think that Ryanair should be the same as BA business class.

Big luggage allowance, wide seats, in flight meals, free bar Etc Etc.

All for 100 quid return.

"He's a very, very, rich man does not give af what random people on the interwebs think of him.

Why should he?

"

They have the latest aircraft too.

skerries

And unlike British airways they are not owned by the Spanish government

Costa Blanca Spain...

"And unlike British airways they are not owned by the Spanish government "

Where the hell did you get that from?

British Airways isn't owned by the Spanish government.

It is part of the IAG group which is a listed company on both the Madrid and London stock markets.

The largest single shareholder is Quatar Airways with a 20% stake.

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

"Amazing how many people think they could/would do it better than O'Leary.....but what's not so amazing, is that they aren't currently bosses of a multi billion valued airline....I suppose they must just have never bothered starting one up(because of course they could have!!)....but hey, feel free to startone now, plenty of planes for sale out there I bet

Yes. I was just thinking about a new private jet.

Airbus 320 or Boeing 737?

Decisions decisions. "

Nah....

Learjet 85 all the way.

I really don't want to mix with common people...

skerries

Ok got it wrong but I know there was some Spanish involvement .sorry

» Add a new message to this topic