FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Benidorm

Benidorm

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oreplay lover1234 OP   Man  over a year ago

Belfast

Just booked for April of next year. Hope everything is back to normal by then.. ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *othiandoggersCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

Get booking for this July see u there

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Get booking for this July see u there "

U think July is realistic?

edinburgh

Why not

By *icbsMan  over a year ago

Alicante

I read an article a few days ago about the plans that Benidorm has, and the mayor sounded pessimistic. He doesn't even expect a half normal summer. They are preparing promotions for young Spanish people for this summer as it's uncertain that there will be tourists from another countries. It was also said that Portuguese and even French people could probably visit Spain before British.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Why not"

Simple answer to why not? is that the Spanish government have already said not.

The 4 phase relaxation of lockdown only allows "national" (not international) tourism from late June. And even that is if there are no setbacks.

The only glimmer (and it is only a glimmer) of hope is that Spanish hoteliers have said that they will refuse to open as the costs of protection and social distancing without international tourists would be more than staying closed.

We will see but I very much doubt that the Spanish government will change its mind.

Personally I don't see any international tourism into Spain until August at the very earliest, and even that will be severely restricted.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"I read an article a few days ago about the plans that Benidorm has, and the mayor sounded pessimistic. He doesn't even expect a half normal summer. They are preparing promotions for young Spanish people for this summer as it's uncertain that there will be tourists from another countries. It was also said that Portuguese and even French people could probably visit Spain before British."

There is some truth in that.

I read a couple of weeks ago that the Spanish foreign minister had said that tourists could be allowed from some country's but not others. Depending on new infection rates and the "R" number.

So you could quite easily get a situation where French, Germans, Scandinavians Etc. are allowed but not British.

By *scouple07Couple  over a year ago

louth, Ireland

We switched our hotel til next april, was really looking forward to going this year too.

edinburgh

Some people talk shite on here just saying

Everyone go to Greece. Better food. Better people and its open for Business as usual.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Everyone go to Greece. Better food. Better people and its open for Business as usual. "

Is it open for business, Corfu isn't or do you mean just mainland Greece?

"Everyone go to Greece. Better food. Better people and its open for Business as usual. "

Pretty sure Greece isn't open for business as usual? Where did you get that info. from? I know for a fact that Corfu is still under quite strict restrictions, even if you could get a flight there at the moment.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Everyone go to Greece. Better food. Better people and its open for Business as usual.

Pretty sure Greece isn't open for business as usual? Where did you get that info. from? I know for a fact that Corfu is still under quite strict restrictions, even if you could get a flight there at the moment. "

That's my understanding too and that comes from a lady that works in a hotel in the resort we stay in. We have changed our July holiday to next year. There may be some local tourism but no international tourists anytime soon.

By *ramerMan  over a year ago

Benidorm

Hi i actually live here in Benidorm and feel safe

firstly the government must protect its own people and residents

the brits did not have total lockdown

who is going to give you complete medical insurance

By *scouple07Couple  over a year ago

louth, Ireland

"Hi i actually live here in Benidorm and feel safe

firstly the government must protect its own people and residents

the brits did not have total lockdown

who is going to give you complete medical insurance

"

Completely agree, tourists should only be allowed over when the Spanish government is completely satisfied that the virus cant be brought over and set Spain back to the lockdown they are coming out of

[Removed by poster at 06/05/20 16:29:11]

Benidorm is only there because of tourists it has no other income, if as Spain is saying it could be next year before its boarders open then benidorm will be finished.

8 weeks today I’m meant to be on a stag do to Benidorm I can’t see it but not been ruled out but I don’t really want to go if it’s not going to busy or does anybody think it will have people going over the top because of the lockdown these last few months?

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Benidorm is only there because of tourists it has no other income, if as Spain is saying it could be next year before its boarders open then benidorm will be finished.

"

I would agree that Benidorm has hardly any other income other than tourism, but finished?

No. They said that in the 80's when the Germans pretty much abandoned the place, but it bounced back.

Yes there will be some difficult times ahead for the town and some businesses won't survive, but bounce back it will.

» Add a new message to this topic